The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Medivapequeen

MinnBobber

Picture of Angus with Mighty and Crafty please.

Hi, can someone post a pic of these 3? Trying to visualize how portable/ packable the Angus is.
Hoping bit is slightly less bulk than Mighty.
A front view and side view.

Apologies if there is such a pic….didn’t see it

Thanks

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Picture of Angus with Mighty and Crafty please.

Hi, can someone post a pic of these 3? Trying to visualize how portable/ packable the Angus is.
Hoping bit is slightly less bulk than Mighty.
A front view and side view.

Apologies if there is such a pic….didn’t see it

Thanks
Our Angus listing has a picture next to a Mighty+ but no Crafty+ in that photo.

MinnBobber

Interesting comparison between the Angus vs Herbalizer of all things.

Very interesting comparison , especially as a Herbalizer owner and Herbalizer lover.
Herbalizer and MiniVAP were my daily drivers for years.
Only stopped using it cuz no spare parts etc. Now only for special occasions.

Halogen rocks….

coolbreeze

I'd offer a correction: the Vapman station is not halogen-driven, it has a small steel heater that makes contact with the oven. It is amazing.

Vapman does have a halogen vaporizer, however, the Element Table Model. It is not currently in mass-production (see the thread) but Vapman hopes to bring it back eventually, and is working to bring the station back as soon as possible.

Both of these are amazing vaporizers and the Tischmodell does indeed rock!

Now, back to Angus!

Last edited:

seedy53

Any idea if they will be insulating the battery compartment? Someone hot swapped the battery and said the batteries was so hot felt like it was on fire
Batteries lose power quickly when they start getting hot. When you v3p seems like it's getting hot.
Just change/swap the battery with cool batteries or use batteries with lower amps meaning" your battery continuous Discharge rate.

Texus

Any idea if they will be insulating the battery compartment? Someone hot swapped the battery and said the batteries was so hot felt like it was on fire
Insulating the battery compartment would mean that it couldn't function as a heatsink. Probably better solution is for idiots to not put their finger into a hot battery socket. Add a line in the manual to wait for Angus to cool before swapping batteries and move on.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
For those that are concerned about the Angus dropping and the halogen bulb breaking, Vgoodies does a drop test video. You can view the video HERE. Always appreciate the extra time and effort that Vgoodies invests in the FC forum!

Medivapequeen

The battery life is a bit disappointing as it was why I didn't like the taffee but having a few spare batteries isn't too much of an issue I suppose I was hoping it would be better.

Edit I wonder why they didn't go for 21700 batteries as they're not much bigger but would have been better.

I didn't see much visible vapor from the Angus compared to the herbalizer and the cooler draws worry me slightly. I think I'll wait for more videos of it in action.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Insulating the battery compartment would mean that it couldn't function as a heatsink. Probably better solution is for idiots to not put their finger into a hot battery socket. Add a line in the manual to wait for Angus to cool before swapping batteries and move on.
You need to look up insulation - it can work both ways, the person stated that the unit heats up the batteries quite alarming hotter then usual (vs all his other hot swappable battery units). Not sure how you flip it as they are idiots and put finger into a hot battery socket.

This is about the heaters heat being dispersed into the 18650 batteries themselves.

vandalizedbythelotus

why do you want it to be a heatsink?! i mean wasting heater energy is just wasteful and dumping it in the power cells is the worst place to do it IMO (i'm possibly misunderstanding it)

badbee

I hope the design isn't trying to use Li Ion cells as a heat sink, that would be crazy. Li Ion cells should never be allowed to exceed 60 C (140 F) which is about the temperature of hot water out of the tap. If the cell feels like it will burn skin it's way way too hot.

Texus

why do you want it to be a heatsink?! i mean wasting heater energy is just wasteful and dumping it in the power cells is the worst place to do it IMO (i'm possibly misunderstanding it)
I'll shut up about things I poorly understand. Possibly while high, I thought that the chamber was serving as heatsink for heat put off by the battery. But I am no engineer (unlike my lovely mum).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I had assumed that the hot battery issue was overblown after @VGOODIEZ weighed in. But if the batteries are really getting that hot through regular use, for whatever reason, that is a very bad sign. At best it will shorten the life of the (replaceable) batteries. At worse it is a serious safety issue.

I suspect it is heat from the bulb warming the batteries. If the batteries are getting hot on their own, that would signal a dangerous short.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing if the batteries are getting hot enough to burn when we see some more out in the wild soon. And 2-6 months of use should show how reliable it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom