The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Have all units in transit and in production batches been spoken for?
Speaking for my allotment only, the answer is no they are not all spoken for. I placed a pretty large order for our first order. I think this is going to be very successful and I wanted to have enough. That first order will be split into two shipments. Half of it is in transit and hopefully landing this week. Right now we have more units available than the number on our waiting list. It's hard to say what will happen when folks can just come to the shop and check out but I am confident we won't sell out as quickly as we did with the smaller Tinymight batches we had. Those didn't last 60 seconds.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Speaking for my allotment only, the answer is no they are not all spoken for. I placed a pretty large order for our first order. I think this is going to be very successful and I wanted to have enough. That first order will be split into two shipments. Half of it is in transit and hopefully landing this week. Right now we have more units available than the number on our waiting list. It's hard to say what will happen when folks can just come to the shop and check out but I am confident we won't sell out as quickly as we did with the smaller Tinymight batches we had. Those didn't last 60 seconds.
are you going to wait for the full stock to launch it or will you sell them as they come in?

Last edited:

Texus

not OP but after looking at the cross-section blueprints i would change the following:

wider, less taller bowl: there's a reason most successful vapes and cooking pots look this way (think s&b dosing cap shape), more surface area exposed to heat source and consistent temps inside the bowl. gold plated for pure taste.

i think ideally the bulb should be surrounded with a layer balls on the sides, not just on the top. more heated surface area. alternatively a frit cup over the bulb might be a better radiator option instead of loose balls.

air intake on top or side rather than bottom (like TM or dynavap or FW). the air would enter at bulb level and travel downwards between outer wall and tube, then enter cutouts on bottom of tube, then upwards into bulb etc. would cut cost, free up space inside, make better use of radiant heat, and be completely isolated from any electronics.

top metal plate connecting batteries to oven looks pretty but i suspect conducts heat into the cells from the oven. break it up into distinct segments or eliminate.
Well proof is in the pudding. And we don't know the design tradeoffs that needed to be made for whatever reasons.

But the flavor is already better than any battery powered portable I have tried (mighty, FW7, v3 Pro, Bowle, Tera, POTV One).

it is but i personally feel there are so many better options on the market than YLL

Is that so? @indica.pajamas do you actually have an Angus? What are these so many better options of which you speak?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Well proof is in the pudding. And we don't know the design tradeoffs that needed to be made for whatever reasons.

But the flavor is already better than any battery powered portable I have tried (mighty, FW7, v3 Pro, Bowle, Tera, POTV One).

Is that so? @indica.pajamas do you actually have an Angus? What are these so many better options of which you speak?
Better than the bowle?! That's insane. I hear the bowle can be better than the tinymight at times

Texus

Better than the bowle?! That's insane. I hear the bowle can be better than the tinymight at times
I will need to do them side by side eventually, but I'd put Bowle in a close second from memory. Once I get my Bowle back I will report back on a direct comparison. But this is Herborizer and Halo territory for me in terms of flavor.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I will need to do them side by side eventually, but I'd put Bowle in a close second from memory. Once I get my Bowle back I will report back on a direct comparison. But this is Herborizer and Halo territory for me in terms of flavor.
I want it!!! Y'all thank gosh there shouldn't be a supply issue

checkyourlibido

I like that this is utilizing 2 18650's. I already have many of these batteries, so it would be easy.

I was wondering about the size of your design with 2 batteries versus if you used only 1 slighly larger battery. A popular battery also used in flashlights is the 21700. It's only an extra 5 mm of length and 3 mm of diameter, but it gives us 47% more volume than an 18650.

But that's probably just me, as most people likely want to stick to the 18650 which many of us already have. Either way, I love your current design.

Edit: and I'm not sure of how your device works with power draw, so the 21700 might not even work as well in that regard.

Edit2: Man, I'm really starting to want this thing the more I look at it. Imma have to take a break from FC at some point lol

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Not sure if this has been asked/answered (did a quick thread search and didn’t see anything specific)
but for those of us who want to get batteries in anticipation of its arrival -
what is best/recommended battery for the Angus?

Apologies if I missed it.

Jill NYC,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The device comes with 1 pair of batteries though right?
Not according to YLL site:
10-FD9140-C4-FD-4-ADC-BB55-AF924124-E59-B.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And remember, must be a paired set, can't just use any old 18650 you've already been using singularly... :tup:probably don't need Molicel since you're using two batteries you'll have plenty of amps, they are cheap and work well, but I would think even a pair of Samsung 30Q would work fine here??

seedy53

And remember, must be a paired set, can't just use any old 18650 you've already been using singularly... :tup:probably don't need Molicel since you're using two batteries you'll have plenty of amps, they are cheap and work well, but I would think even a pair of Samsung 30Q would work fine here??
I use these Molicel P28A 18650 2800mAh 35A Battery
on all newer vaporizer that require 18650 Li-ion. They really seem to improve battery life cycle & some say, they make some units perform better. That maybe so but i cannot confirm it. maybe someone else can?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I use these Molicel P28A 18650 2800mAh 35A Battery
on all newer vaporizer that require 18650 Li-ion. They really seem to improve battery life cycle & some say, they make some units perform better. That maybe so but i cannot confirm it. maybe someone else can?

I can definitely confirm it, it is just more the case when you are using single battery powered devices, dual battery-powered devices benefit from double specs already

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
The device comes with 1 pair of batteries though right?
No. Our listing has always specified batteries are not included. I did however add some resource links in the description of a battery and source who is reputable for these needs. The WPA is also separate. Mike and I had a bit of miscommunication on that but it's cleared up now.

Top Bottom