• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

Notacaveman

Biggest fall mines ever taken was being knocked onto its side by a cat lol, I felt it in my soul but no discernable damage, still haven't forgiven myself and keep it on its side now pretty much always. I do take it out and about a fair bit but keep it in two camera cases lol, even at home in the flat. Looks so nice I wouldn't mind keeping it out on my desk but just want to keep it as good condition as possible.

Razhumikin

Biggest fall mines ever taken was being knocked onto its side by a cat lol, I felt it in my soul but no discernable damage, still haven't forgiven myself and keep it on its side now pretty much always. I do take it out and about a fair bit but keep it in two camera cases lol, even at home in the flat. Looks so nice I wouldn't mind keeping it out on my desk but just want to keep it as good condition as possible.
Haha yea i have a lot of vapes I would love to keep out for display, but my cat is extra mischevious and im not giving him any more things to knock over

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thankfully I've never dropped my TP80. But one of the reasons I opted to purchase the TP80 is because of how rare it is that someone breaks the glass inside. We're well over 5,000 posts and I'm very happy with the extremely low amount of issues with the TP80.
The thing is you mostly see people baby'ing the p80 in their house. I don't see many pics of people taking them out and about.

Probably why you don't hear about them breaking :)

Definitely babying, but my original tubo evic was unfortunately knocked to the hard floor from a counter like four feet up without any breakage, these are actually quite durably made despite all the glass and art beauty!

jbm

Thankfully I've never dropped my TP80. But one of the reasons I opted to purchase the TP80 is because of how rare it is that someone breaks the glass inside. We're well over 5,000 posts and I'm very happy with the extremely low amount of issues with the TP80.
I knocked mine off a bedside table a few days after I got it. Nothing broke. It’s not as fragile as you’d think.

Shit Snacks

PXL-20221203-003510092.jpg

TetraBowleBubbler? icy cool smoothness

Shit Snacks

I already have the Tubo Evic from way back then. Would it be smarter for me to get the TM2 now since its readily available? I'm assuming the P80 is just an improved Tubo Evic.

Tetra heater is definitely an improved version, more powerful even extraction, with the extra heater coil / tube, those comparisons have been answered in this thread and I think the Tubo thread previously... (P80 is just a mod, TP80 would be the Tetra P80) so Tetra vs Tubo is the heater, and also a different mod, in there interface and form factor among other things... It is far superior all around imo so worth keeping an eye out for the next drop!

GoldenBud

Tubo thread previously... (P80 is just a mod, TP80 would be the Tetra P80) so Tetra vs Tubo is the heater
confirmed with 3 strains, the TP80 needs higher temp than Tubo for same level of extraction (again 70w for 3 coils vs 4 coils), but it will hit stronger at that temp, and the extraction will be more even, and stirring indeed is not needed
you can't do this with 430F with TP80:

you need 445F or so, and the hit will be even stronger...but the TP80 hits slightly harder, even too hard for most people

Shit Snacks

confirmed with 3 strains, the TP80 needs higher temp than Tubo for same level of extraction (again 70w for 3 coils vs 4 coils), but it will hit stronger at that temp, and the extraction will be more even, and stirring indeed is not needed
you can't do this with 430F with TP80:

you need 445F or so, and the hit will be even stronger...but the TP80 hits slightly harder, even too hard for most people

Let's just be because of the larger tetra mass needing more heat is all, but also I don't know if this is universally true

kapows

Hello Everyone

All will be revealed soon, but Im wondering if i can bother you all for some advice!

i have a portable curved calyx bubbler 18mm (ebay link)
shorturl.at/hiwz3

Do i need this to use with the P80? (ebay link)
shorturl.at/ghit8

Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Hello Everyone

All will be revealed soon, but Im wondering if i can bother you all for some advice!

shorturl.at/hiwz3

shorturl.at/ghit8

Thanks!

Yes but you will also want screen to go inside and basket screen to cap the load

GoldenBud

Hello Everyone

shorturl.at/hiwz3

shorturl.at/ghit8

Thanks!
yes to both question

GoldenBud,
Reactions: kapows

kapows

Yes but you will also want screen to go inside and basket screen to cap the load
hiya!

thanks. so a screen to sit inside the adaptor.

what do you mean by basket screen to cap the load. not sure what cap the load means and not sure if your mention of screen and basket screen is the same.

cheers :)

kapows,

Shit Snacks

hiya!

thanks. so a screen to sit inside the adaptor.

what do you mean by basket screen to cap the load. not sure what cap the load means and not sure if your mention of screen and basket screen is the same.

cheers :)

Yeah normally I would just fill the rimmed basket screen at the tip of the joint, keeping it upside down, tetra upside down cruising removing it to clear hits on a regular water piece... To use with a hydro tube, I would prefer to load inside the joint, capping the load with the rimmed basket screen, so that way nothing could fall down into the heater, even though taking first hit it will probably stay put, I wouldn't want to risk really myself I would prefer to be able to fully take out the full stem and hydro tube to clear my hits as well... on demand wouldn't need to though .. Anyway yes so a flat screen would go inside WPA like Lamart stems have

kapows

Yeah normally I would just fill the rimmed basket screen at the tip of the joint, keeping it upside down, tetra upside down cruising removing it to clear hits on a regular water piece... To use with a hydro tube, I would prefer to load inside the joint, capping the load with the rimmed basket screen, so that way nothing could fall down into the heater, even though taking first hit it will probably stay put, I wouldn't want to risk really myself I would prefer to be able to fully take out the full stem and hydro tube to clear my hits as well... on demand wouldn't need to though .. Anyway yes so a flat screen would go inside WPA like Lamart stems have
I am ever more confused :D

I will be back to unpack this soon :))

kapows,
Reactions: Poolride

kapows

Hello All TP80 Users!

I hope you can remain patient with me as i try to understand from yourselves, how to use the TP80! :)

I became a proud owner of a Tetra P80 :)

I am a heavy TM1 user strictly through a portable water bong. I used the setting 6.5 on my TM and i like to rip atleast 4 bowls before i need a short break.

I have no idea at all how to use the 80. I purchased it because of bragging rights TBH as ive read on here that its the bees knees.

I like large bowls.

The TM1 has a screen above the heater which does a good job of keeping herb out.

I see a screen in the 80 aswell which i presume cant be removed?

Ive also been sent some v small rimmed baskets.

So if i like big bowls, want to keep the heater longetivity etc and the mention of how i use my TM1.....could someone kindly explain to me :

1. How to set it to work near same temp as TM1 ads big clouds?

2. How much to load in the bowl?

3. Presume bowl needs a screen inside it?

4. Not sure how to stop herb.falling onto heater screen?

5. Not sure how you guys load and insert and hold the kit/stem etc?

6. If i put the rimmed basket and insert the stem, the basket just falls out of the end when jnserting into T80.

More to come possible after above thanks!

Shit Snacks

I am a heavy TM1 user strictly through a portable water bong. I used the setting 6.5 on my TM and i like to rip atleast 4 bowls before i need a short break.

I actually prefer my TP80 this way and like my TM dry low temps, but are you ripping these bowls as one hitters at 6.5? Because they would be for me... And that would be the way to do four bowls back to back as four big hits, and it is even easier to do here imo

I have no idea at all how to use the 80. I purchased it because of bragging rights TBH as ive read on here that its the bees knees.

I like large bowls.

No idea at all?? Functionally in use is not that different from the TM practically, loading glass stems, just glass on glass connection, and digital screen with full manual online to use on demand or cruising (I prefer to use the cruise here so you get the heater heat soaked, and it is easy to remove tetra from the stem to clear hits but keep it hot for the next bowl)

What do you mean by large bowls? I find the TM works best without too big of a bowl, filling basket screen in WPA that is not much deeper than it is wide... Anyway you can load large bowls in the tetra if you put screen in the bottom of the mail joint so you can fill that full joint, you may need to stir though depending how many hits and what temperature settings if you load that much...

The TM1 has a screen above the heater which does a good job of keeping herb out.

I see a screen in the 80 aswell which i presume cant be removed?

If you are using your TM upside down on a bong, why would you even focus on the screen protecting the heater, of course it would keep the herb out if you are not even flipping it? Also the herb stays put if you flip it, after taking one hit...

The upcoming batch of TP80 have removable heater screens, All previous versions technically due too, but it is a bit tricky and I wouldn't want to try, so I always keep my tetra upside down as I said keeping it pristine inside out of ocd

Ive also been sent some v small rimmed baskets.

So if i like big bowls, want to keep the heater longetivity etc and the mention of how i use my TM1.....could someone kindly explain to me :

Yes the rimmed baskets are what I use most often with WPA for quick one hitters through water, back to back bowls very easy... You can also use these to cap the bowl, if you load in the joint with flat screen inside as I said, then you put the rimmed basket screen on top and you can flip the stem in the TP-80 without any risk of crumbs falling down even without inhaling yet)

1. How to set it to work near same temp as TM1 ads big clouds?

Skim backwards through this thread and you will find many tips, if you want tetra to be ready quicker than set it at higher temp, heat soak really helps, but I don't know about same temp, it's all relative especially with pure convection like this, you're just going to have to experiment which digital temp settings correspond to the analog settings for yourself... Take some time with it, get to know it!

2. How much to load in the bowl?

It works with any amount, but if you load too much you will have to stir, I really like to do the one hitters with smaller loads in the rimmed baskets, but I recently set up another WPA with flat screen at the bottom of the joint and it has been working very well (these are also RBT stems for WBA so they have a shorter joint so the load is a bit further from the tetra heater meaning I turn the heat higher)

3. Presume bowl needs a screen inside it?

Haha yes, you fill the rimmed basket screen, or you fill inside the joint on top of flat screen, if there wasn't a screen it would be using a TM stem without a screen, you'd suck up the herbs to your mouth instead of vaporizing them lol

4. Not sure how to stop herb.falling onto heater screen?

I explained it above, keep the tetra upside down always if you want to keep it pristine, use it like you're lighter on top of bowl, I use those stems upside down like their hooks unless I am capping the load deeper into the joint, or if I'm sure the load is seated after the first hit, which you can test pulling it out and shaking, then I might keep it right side up confidently for the session... Just like TM, only load stems with the device upside down, lower the device onto the bowl basically, never flip stems to load them into the vape otherwise you're just spilling the herbs directly lol

5. Not sure how you guys load and insert and hold the kit/stem etc?

Answered above?

6. If i put the rimmed basket and insert the stem, the basket just falls out of the end when jnserting into T80.

If the rimmed basket is not fitting tight into the stem, you can try to press it flat so it is a little wider to fit snug, however there is always variance with the glass, you may have to try several different baskets to find a tight fitting one...

More to come possible after above thanks!

Seriously just skim backwards and you can find most of the tips you need, take your time and play around carefully, don't forget to enjoy of course! :tup:

kapows

I dont really know what im doing on mobile to edit / ill try to elaborate on my post apologies!

1. I dont use my unit upside down. I am always out and about with my TM1 so i have a portable upright bubbler that was sitting on a sneaky pete silicone wpa.

Its a hydrobubbler about 15 dollars off ebay 18mm connection.

Therefore, i want to be out and about with my tetra p80....hence wondering how to keep that internal screen safe and clean as the unit will be upright

My TM stem is a grav octotaster, which comes with a built in screen. imo the best stem for the TM portable and stealth and keep clean.

I dont do one hitters...i loaded the grav, turn TM upside down, twist the stem in, turn the TM upright and then

I take 2 rips and then half a rip -long moderately fast rips of one bowl, clearing the bong on each hit. This turns my AVB a crispy brown with no need to stir with a fluff pack.

Just to give you an idea, i have always used a TM...i dont smoke, dont use lighter on bong...in my country i gotta be stealthy as its not like the USA and the TM for me was perfect in this respect as i turned it into an art form. One day will do a video for the masses on a how to!

Could do with a pic to see how much y'all load into your stems!

So my other question is how are people keeping the inside screen pristine if theyre using the 80 upright? Is everyone capping off the end with a rimmed basket?

Bugger.....i didnt want alot of moving parts....the TM is literally load stem, insert and rip.

Last edited:
kapows,

Shit Snacks

Mods im v sorry i dont know how to edit properly!

Haha I saw you attempting, all you need to do is reply, then when you are typing your reply, click above to expand my quote, then hit enter within my quote, to space them out, so you can reply individually, the way I did... Makes sense? In this case you can hit the edit button on your post above, then click on my reply in your post and hit enter as I described above... I'll report for mods to merge your posts above

kapows

Haha I saw you attempting, all you need to do is reply, then when you are typing your reply, click above to expand my quote, then hit enter within my quote, to space them out, so you can reply individually, the way I did... Makes sense? In this case you can hit the edit button on your post above, then click on my reply in your post and hit enter as I described above... I'll report for mods to merge your posts above
Thank you! Ive just typed out reply above :)

GoldenBud

most people I know use the Tetra upside down
Tetra at 225c (after 15s warmup) equals to 6.5 TM (after 5s warmup) with a slow-medium draw
could be 220c too, and remember, better weed supports higher temp too...
Tetra around 250c equals to TM at 9 (very fast draw)

as Snax said - try enjoying lower doses. because when the dose is low, the turbulent airflow will finish the whole trichome sooner than full load!

Shit Snacks

I dont really know what im doing on mobile to edit / ill try to elaborate on my post apologies!

All good, I am on mobile, it's a bit tedious I will admit haha

1. I dont use my unit upside down. I am always out and about with my TM1 so i have a portable upright bubbler that was sitting on a sneaky pete silicone wpa.

Its a hydrobubbler about 15 dollars off ebay 18mm connection.

Oh, I never use anything like that, silicone WPA with upright bubbler, never out and about like that ever...

Therefore, i want to be out and about with my tetra p80....hence wondering how to keep that internal screen safe and clean as the unit will be upright

I would never recommend the TP80 as an out and about vape personally, though plenty of people do it, I don't think they do it with a hydro tube...

So it is still the same as your TM, there is a heater screen to protect it, perhaps not quite as well, but if you're not careful about flipping upside down if the load is fully seated in the stem etc then there's probably plenty of debris in your TM even if it's not as much as will collect in your TP80 this way...

But the answer to your question, is to load inside the joint of the glass stem or WPA with flat screen at the bottom of the joint, then you cap with rimmed basket screen, then there is zero risk of anything falling on to the heater screen or further below...

My TM stem is a grav octotaster, which comes with a built in screen. imo the best stem for the TM portable and stealth and keep clean.

I mean I disagree in that regard as I hate that built-in screen, I prefer good vibes boro as my go-to TM stems with the fixed pearls and flat screen or a plain glass WPA with basket screen...

Tetra does have a WPA with glass honeycomb screen at the bottom of the joint so you could use that capped with a rimmed basket screen, ends up being a similar setup in a sense?

Not sure if 420 EDC still sells similar style stems or WPA...

I dont do one hitters...i loaded the grav, turn TM upside down, twist the stem in, turn the TM upright and then

So with the tetra you still load the same way but you don't need to twist the stem it's glass on glass without o-ring connection

I take 2 rips and then half a rip -long moderately fast rips of one bowl, clearing the bong on each hit. This turns my AVB a crispy brown with no need to stir with a fluff pack.

Yeah so Tetra can easily do this as well just more personal variables...

Just to give you an idea, i have always used a TM...i dont smoke, dont use lighter on bong...in my country i gotta be stealthy as its not like the USA and the TM for me was perfect in this respect as i turned it into an art form. One day will do a video for the masses on a how to!

That's great, fuck smoking and bongs I haven't done that for many many years and am a snob about it now as well as joints lol

Anyway it sounds like the TM is pretty perfect for you, so you have something that works well, instead of trying to make the tetra do the same thing, you should find different use style that will work for it and you... It is different, it's possible just not for you at all, but I think you need to try to adapt more if you want to keep it?

Could do with a pic to see how much y'all load into your stems!

Sorry if you just skim backwards as I said you will see plenty of photos pretty recently... And beyond

So my other question is how are people keeping the inside screen pristine if theyre using the 80 upright? Is everyone capping off the end with a rimmed basket?

Yes, I keep it pristine by always having it upside down always completely clearing my hits and removing it, otherwise as I said I will flip it upright only if I'm confident the load is fully secured in the basket screen after an initial hit... Meanwhile a lot of people do like to load more into the joint and cap it with the basket screen, you can't say everyone, but it is a common practice and most tetra stems are sold to use this way (often need to use higher temp settings and more cruise as a result for heat soak)

Bugger.....i didnt want alot of moving parts....the TM is literally load stem, insert and rip.

Yeah that's what I was getting at above, the TM has a more secure loading system, however the basic principles are the same as here, insert loaded stem and rip it, however they are different devices a function differently so you have to figure out how to use it for yourself... Of course it's entirely possible TP80 is just not for you and that's great because you already have the TM!

most people I know use the Tetra upside down
Tetra at 225c (after 15s warmup) equals to 6.5 TM (after 5s warmup) with a slow-medium draw
could be 220c too, and remember, better weed supports higher temp too...
Tetra around 250c equals to TM at 9 (very fast draw)

as Snax said - try enjoying lower doses. because when the dose is low, the turbulent airflow will finish the whole trichome sooner than full load!

Yeah and don't forget the temperature settings are always relative, you have to kind of watch and sense, pay attention to how you load too, don't want to risk any combustion scorching though you don't want to sacrifice the power or speed either!

GoldenBud

Yeah and don't forget the temperature settings are always relative
why relative? lamart calibrates them the same method, if it's still within the original resistance 430F here should be 430F in your device too...
in some rare cases it needs recalibration?

it's strain relative you mean? if his weed is not as oily as your weed, he needs to use lower temp (for example), happend to me... when it's top it supports higher temp... with mid shelf weed 430F slow draw, when the load is closer to the heater, can be dark with 430F usage..

Shit Snacks

why relative? lamart calibrates them the same method, if it's still within the original resistance 430F here should be 430F in your device too...
in some rare cases it needs recalibration?

it's strain relative you mean? if his weed is not as oily as your weed, he needs to use lower temp (for example), happend to me... when it's top it supports higher temp... with mid shelf weed 430F slow draw, when the load is closer to the heater, can be dark with 430F usage..

Yes I mean relative as in subjective, not universal, like how you and I can take quick hits at 450F without combusting although it certainly is capable of igniting at that level, and how temps need long heat soaks here, there are a lot of variables aside from the temp setting, so you know that's what I mean by relative, as I've said before :tup:

Top Bottom