Tetra P80

DaVapeGuy

because how quickly it works maybe, not by the taste? i find tp tastes slightly better
I find the taste comparable tbh but the heat up time is amazing on the TM.

Also like all the stem options for the TM. TP80 is more niche as far as 3rd party accessory options.

But either way both great devices, just disagree that tp80 is hands down the best portable :)

Razhumikin

I find the taste comparable tbh but the heat up time is amazing on the TM.

Also like all the stem options for the TM. TP80 is more niche as far as 3rd party accessory options.

But either way both great devices, just disagree that tp80 is hands down the best portable :)
I think, by virtue of being a 18mm vape, tp80 has a way wider variety of stem options. Every stem/adapter that fits a rbt device, vapwood device, stempod device, etc works on the p80. Tm has a much more unusual stem size

Last edited:

DaVapeGuy

I think, by virtue of being a 18mm vape, tp80 has a way woder varoety of stem options. Every stem/adapter that fits a rbt device, vapwood device, stempod device, etc works on the p80. Tm has a much more unusual stem size
I mean as far as 3rd party goes, tons of people make new TM stems everyday... HA, GVB, TRWW, Milliken, stem in France, etc.

But yeah the TM wins the reach test for me anyway :2c::)

EarthworldTim

Yeah they have some, but again, there's more variety with TM.

Maybe 10 TM stems to 1 tertra?
There are far more TM/2 out there compared to TP80. The release of and great reception/hype of TM2 has created a lot of demand for TM stems and accessories.

I've been waiting to pounce on a GVB beaded stem for my TP80 after I missed out a while ago but the TM stems are just in much higher demand. Also the 18mm joint just lends itself to being used so easily with water pieces which I've been meaning to do more because I haven't gotten it dialed in yet.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There are far more TM/2 out there compared to TP80. The release of and great reception/hype of TM2 has created a lot of demand for TM stems and accessories.
If this is true, it feels like a complete reversal from the situation a year ago. I have loads of 18mm stems for various glass pieces. Given the number of things with the standard joint, I am surprised to hear this.

EarthworldTim

If this is true, it feels like a complete reversal from the situation a year ago. I have loads of 18mm stems for various glass pieces. Given the number of things with the standard joint, I am surprised to hear this.
Well I have absolutely no evidence, just conjecture :lol:

I remember someone had a rough estimate of how many TP80s have gone out on drops right? I can't imagine it could be more than half of the combined TM and TM2 units out in the world?

I do agree that there are more 18mm glass pieces out there because it's universal but TRWW can barely keep TM mouthpieces in stock and GVB seems to be pretty busy keeping up with the stems right now.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
However that dual has always had a tetra heater. It was one of the very last tubo duals and was one of the last devices that was a custom design from the buyer(me) and tbh, I think my design was the reason he stopped offering personalised designs. I think the geometric style really worked that carving machine. 🤣.

There are still more Duals coming, so we have not yet seen the very last of them yet actually... Also I'm pretty sure personalized designs are still offered for the right price...

because how quickly it works maybe, not by the taste? i find tp tastes slightly better

But that's you, why are you trying to presume why someone else would prefer something else, it's off topic, we've had this discussion, the taste is subjective! There are way too many variables so you really shouldn't continue to be surprised by this lol :p

This is why we have the no comparison rule, just back and forth about TP80 vs TM, all danjens said is that the tetra is the best portable for them in their experience... There is no need to then pipe up and say you disagree because they were only talking about their own preference... Yes they are both great, they are similar yet different, equally effective and pure...

I've been waiting to pounce on a GVB beaded stem for my TP80 after I missed out a while ago but the TM stems are just in much higher demand. Also the 18mm joint just lends itself to being used so easily with water pieces which I've been meaning to do more because I haven't gotten it dialed in yet.

I can ask him to make more 18 mm stems for the next drop he does! I think there are still some in the store that have not moved for a while though... He makes more of what moves quickly the quickest

Last edited:

DaVapeGuy

aka piped up ;) piped in? popped up?? :ko:
It is what it is, this happens in every thread.

Someone says "X is better than Y"

Other person replies "Y is better than X"

Not sure how many threads we need to discuss comparisons if someone brings it up rather than hashing it out in the thread?

Maybe a separate thread for each convection vape vs TP80?

I guess you can report him/us for starting the comparison? Or scroll past it?

Either way, no need to be rude. "Be nice" is also a forum rule :)

DaVapeGuy,

Shit Snacks

It is what it is, this happens in every thread.

Someone says "X is better than Y"

Other person replies "Y is better than X"

Yes, this is exactly why you're not supposed to mention another product, in one specific product thread, because of this back and forth, which you were participating in and led others like GB to as well (we've all been there) just like now, you and me are going back and forth about nothing on topic lol it only takes one of us to stop replying

Not sure how many threads we need to discuss comparisons if someone brings it up rather than hashing it out in the thread?

Maybe a separate thread for each convection vape vs TP80?

You don't need many threads, but there is a tetra vs tinymight thread in Ask FC (where it belongs) that has been inactive for a while... I'm just saying there is a difference, between someone mentioning another device in a certain light that portrays it a certain way leading others to want to correct that perception, and someone else mentioning another device that they prefer or more broadly that they prefer the device the thread is about more than what else they have...

I guess you can report him/us for starting the comparison? Or scroll past it?

Either way, no need to be rude. "Be nice" is also a forum rule :)

I'm not reporting anything, because I don't feel like it was a big deal, but I did feel like I wanted to point out that it shouldn't really happen... I actually thought I was being nice, sorry if it came across as rude to you, not my intent at all... Opinions though right?

Last edited:

MrBaked.co

Well I have absolutely no evidence, just conjecture :lol:

I remember someone had a rough estimate of how many TP80s have gone out on drops right? I can't imagine it could be more than half of the combined TM and TM2 units out in the world?

I do agree that there are more 18mm glass pieces out there because it's universal but TRWW can barely keep TM mouthpieces in stock and GVB seems to be pretty busy keeping up with the stems right now.
I think the TM stems will be more popular currently because the mk2 is out so the stem makers are gonna milk thay obviously. Which of course I'm glad they do as it gives us plenty options.

If Ralph came out with a brand new Tetra design tomorrow by next week there would be new Tetra stems everywhere you looked 😁

MrBaked.co,

DaVapeGuy

I'm not reporting anything, because I don't feel like it was a big deal, but I did feel like I wanted to point out that it shouldn't really happen... I actually thought I was being nice, sorry if it came across as rude to you, not my intent at all... Opinions though

Like I said is what it is.

Once another drop happens I'm sure people will be asking where their orders are and saying that their order shipped etc, even though there's a separate shipping and ordering thread.

And likewise on pointing out the "piping up" comment. Not a big deal but felt it needed to be pointed out.

Let's be nice to each other on the internet, intent is not easily perceived so words matter 🙂

I think the TM stems will be more popular currently because the mk2 is out so the stem makers are gonna milk thay obviously. Which of course I'm glad they do as it gives us plenty options.

If Ralph came out with a brand new Tetra design tomorrow by next week there would be new Tetra stems everywhere you looked 😁
I think earthworld's main point was TM is more widely available so there's more stem makers currently.

Which was my main point as well when I brought it up. Of course you can use any 18mm male stem for tetra, but there's muuuch more variety with custom stems currently for TM listed at the sites/makers listed above.

If anyone wants to link new custom stems please do? I just see the same old listings for them.

Again, most likely due to TM availability vs tetra unavailability

Shit Snacks

If anyone wants to link new custom stems please do?

Oh seems most of the GVB stems I was thinking of have finally sold out, but this one is still available:
I'll ask him to make more with variety for the next drop!

And likewise on pointing out the "piping up" comment. Not a big deal but felt it needed to be pointed out

Yep it's the internet, yeah it's all perception, piping up piping in, I can see how those words could be taken negatively, though I did mean to be neutral :peace::cheers::spliff:

PXL-20221222-204709060.jpg

PXL-20221222-204746599.jpg

Last edited:

kapows

I think your confusion comes from the fact I listed it as "Tubo Dual(TETRA p80, tubo evic)", just to catch people searching tubo evic/tetra p80, because the dual wasn't exactly a very well searched device..

However that dual has always had a tetra heater. It was one of the very last tubo duals and was one of the last devices that was a custom design from the buyer(me) and tbh, I think my design was the reason he stopped offering personalised designs. I think the geometric style really worked that carving machine. 🤣.

I bought it in early 2020 but it was sent away in approx February this year because I managed to break the glass inside. I'm not sure how it happened. I just lifted the stem out one day and part of the internal glass came with it.

It arrived back to me in June of this year with a brand new heater and glass. The heater style is slightly different to the OG tetra heater it had so the heater is the more modern version than some of the tetra p80s have..

I've barely used it since it came back. I actually sent it away with the intention of getting it back to sell it as I'd barely been using it even before it broke as I've become somewhat of a microdoser so the money for the tubo dual was to cover the cost of a Toad which I think is better for my use case. And I bought an ALVP for taking out and about in the meantime while I wait for my Toad.

I would have genuinely loved to have an indispensable amount of money and kept the dual so I could use it from time to time but unfortunately that's not the case so I'm just glad it has gone to a good owner who will make the most of it..
Thank you kind Sir.

Your instructions and guide has got me all set to break the T Break, the batteries are charged and thanks to you, i have the best of both worlds and thanks to this forum i know what im doing with this and
I think your confusion comes from the fact I listed it as "Tubo Dual(TETRA p80, tubo evic)", just to catch people searching tubo evic/tetra p80, because the dual wasn't exactly a very well searched device..

I bought it in early 2020 but it was sent away in approx February this year because I managed to break the glass inside. I'm not sure how it happened. I just lifted the stem out one day and part of the internal glass came with it.

It arrived back to me in June of this year with a brand new heater and glass. The heater style is slightly different to the OG tetra heater it had so the heater is the more modern version than some of the tetra p80s have..

I've barely used it since it came back. I actually sent it away with the intention of getting it back to sell it as I'd barely been using it even before it broke as I've become somewhat of a microdoser so the money for the tubo dual was to cover the cost of a Toad which I think is better for my use case. And I bought an ALVP for taking out and about in the meantime while I wait for my Toad.

I would have genuinely loved to have an indispensable amount of money and kept the dual so I could use it from time to time but unfortunately that's not the case so I'm just glad it has gone to a good owner who will make the most of it..
Thanks for this amazing piece of kit, the advice on usage and settings, reminding me that FC is the place and thanks to all here who have helped. I truly picked up the best of both worlds and the dog bees bolls knees in vaping tech and art combined. Appreciate the extras (single sled not arrived _ blooming RM) and time taken to get through my Q's

My break is over and im looking forward to the next few weeks as i will be hitting this thing hard and it looks like my TMs are on the way out.

I know you arent a fan of the carb glass with glass screen but its gorgeous are spares had from Lamart?

I hate faffing with mesh screens :D

Shit Snacks

know you arent a fan of the carb glass with glass screen but its gorgeous are spares had from Lamart?

I don't think they make them with the carb anymore, you could reach out to ask if they have any left, but they do still make them with out carb (I prefer a finer grind so the mesh screens are necessary evil for me though I also prefer non-multi joints for better fits) they are really nice WPA though (really nice for the GTR vape too)

Oh and adding to my post above:
It is just too good with every water piece so I hardly ever use it dry though the flavor can still shine through with the right herbs...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh seems most of the GVB stems I was thinking of have finally sold out, but this one is still available:
I'll ask him to make more with variety for the next drop!

Only one new stem for now in the latest drop, (hooks too) this one comes with an adapter to use these stems with crafty / mighty if that is appealing to anyone here:
Don't forget the discount code stayfrosty!

MrBaked.co

Thank you kind Sir.

Your instructions and guide has got me all set to break the T Break, the batteries are charged and thanks to you, i have the best of both worlds and thanks to this forum i know what im doing with this and

Thanks for this amazing piece of kit, the advice on usage and settings, reminding me that FC is the place and thanks to all here who have helped. I truly picked up the best of both worlds and the dog bees bolls knees in vaping tech and art combined. Appreciate the extras (single sled not arrived _ blooming RM) and time taken to get through my Q's

My break is over and im looking forward to the next few weeks as i will be hitting this thing hard and it looks like my TMs are on the way out.

I know you arent a fan of the carb glass with glass screen but its gorgeous are spares had from Lamart?

I hate faffing with mesh screens :D
Honestly royal mail are a pain in the ass right now.
Not the workers fault. I will always be on there side.
Hopefully it gets to you soon.

I sell prints and amazon are currently refunding my customers hundreds of ££ per day due to royal mail delays.

Let me know how you get on with it once your t break is over. I'm excited to hear what you think.

I almost exclusively used the tubo through water as @Shit Snacks says. It was my, "you know what, today has been tough and I'm gonna ruin myself with a bowl in the tubo" type vape 🤣

fangorn

after several months, I heard from Ralph! good news !
I'm glad I was patient...
I had forgotten that I had obtained a custom during the last drop!
it's a nice gift for the new year 😁
I just have to relist my prefab unit for the umpteenth time....and think about the design...this part is super exciting, but really hard for me!!!

Shit Snacks

PXL-20230104-053116933.jpg

Forgot my aquatic bubbler is a nice match...

Theres a raffle for a TP80 just by joining the lamart discord... Also a new drop upcoming that should go the smoothest ever because the payment will be after the fact for all! FYI

Also there are still some of these left, worth grabbing with some Molicel P28A (I just did)

Last edited:

games-loaves0t

Theres a raffle for a TP80 just by joining the lamart discord... Also a new drop upcoming that should go the smoothest ever because the payment will be after the fact for all!
Can you share a link to the lamart discord server that we can join? I'm not super familar with discord, and I don't know how to find lamart on discord.

games-loaves0t,
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom