• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Will allow you to use the basket screen that came with the stem, but you will need an 18.8 mm female glass piece as well, I would recommend this one for a nice hook, but there are a lot of options...

Thanks for your effort! Really appreciate it.
But the one in the link sends from England? It's even worse then Switzerland: I pay more customs/taxes for stuff from UK since Brexit. It seems like they are doing it just because they can... :rolleyes:
Slowing the process, milking customers like cattle.

I know the TP80 comes in a little box, but stems can be wrapped in bubble wrap sent cheaper post since they are lighter weight?

I wish, they are really bastards. Last package i received from MADheaters was just a brown envelop with a stem in it and ended up paying 48 euro or something.

tetra upside down anyway so using a WPA with a hook is very nice and then you have the ability to get a water piece later

yeah, i'm not really a fan of glasspieces like hooks and bongs tbh. I'll end up breaking them probably (if they don't arrive shattered) and the few times i've used bongs or such i didn't really find it relaxing. I prefer it simple, without having huge glasspieces on my table.
They risk ending up in pieces, take up space and draw unwanted attention.
And also noticed that i really dislike the (scratching) sound the glass on glass connectors make? Gives me the shivers.
Even tho some look good and i believe the taste can be very good thru it i still don't see myself having a glass collection tbh...

eventually get the Lamart stems where you can load more inside the joint if that is what you want although I do not like to use it that way at all myself

Yeah, i keep reading that but i really don't understand how one can use the basket loading system without having spillage in the heater sooner or later?
Except of course when using upside down. Some say do that for the first hit and the load will stay put...
Myeah, maybe so...
But then you have to use the display upside down half of the time? Since i want to use it on demand i reckon i will be needing the display to know where i'm at.

And for all those that use it upside down: they never use a straight stem? With a straight stem it looks quite stupid and not handy at all to use it inverted, no?

good luck,

Cheers!

man I hope you find a way to give it a proper go, it's really worth it

We'll see. The time was now since i'm on vacation.
I don't know the exact reason but somehow my enthusiasm completely vanished after this very disappointing try-out.
Tend to be very impulsive sometimes so threw the box in a drawer, leave it there for a while so it's out of my sight, will try to forget about it (at least for this week/holliday).
Whilst contemplating if i really need it.

Last edited:
666Honeybadger,
Reactions: BigJr48

Lyonafa

But the one in the link sends from England? It's even worse then Switzerland: I pay more customs/taxes for stuff from UK since Brexit. It seems like they are doing it just because they can... :rolleyes:

I wish, they are really bastards. Last package i received from MADheaters was just a brown envelop with a stem in it and ended up paying 48 euro or something.

yeah, i'm not really a fan of glasspieces like hooks and bongs tbh. I'll end up breaking them probably (if they don't arrive shattered) and the few times i've used bongs or such i didn't really find it relaxing. I prefer it simple, without having huge glasspieces on my table.
And also noticed that i really dislike the (scratching) sound the glass on glass connectors make? Gives me the shivers.
Even tho some look good and i believe the taste can be very good thru it i still don't see myself having a glass collection tbh...

Yeah, i keep reading that but i really don't understand how one can use the basket loading system without having spillage in the heater sooner or later?
Except of course when using upside down. Some say do that for the first hit and the load will stay put...
Myeah, maybe so...
But then you have to use the display upside down half of the time? Since i want to use it on demand i reckon i will be needing the display to know where i'm at.

And for all those that use it upside down: they never use a straight stem? With a straight stem it looks quite stupid and not handy at all to use it inverted, no?

Cheers!

I don't know the exact reason but somehow my enthusiasm completely vanished after this very disappointing try-out.
Tend to be very impulsive sometimes so threw the box in a drawer, leave it there for a while so it's out of my sight, will try to forget about it (at least for this week/holliday).
When I received mine, my glass stem was also broken. I informed Marc by mail and he directly send me one more back without charges .

And btw, my first impression with my first hit on my tp80 was disappointing as well.
I kept using it for a little while, get used to it and now it's my best device by far ;)

BubbleDrop

There are multiple stems that you could use with the Tetra P80 but they won't work the same, because of the shape of the joint.

stemz.jpg

1 : Long Glass Cooling Mouthpiece from Dreamwood
2 : Short Glass Cooling Mouthpiece from Dreamwood
3 : Bendy from Lamart
4 : XL8R from RBT

Of course you need to add a basket for any of those, when filling the herb into the stem.

1 and 2 have the same joint shape as 3 and I found those two to be perfect for the TP80. They're not better than the Bendy from Lamart (the short one at least : the long one does cool more than the Bendy), but it's a nice alternative. Airflow will feel a bit different too.

You can get those from Dreamwood (DE), and I guess you won't pay tax if you're in EU.

As you can see, the joint is not the same for the XL8R. If you insert this one in the TP80, the herb will not be so close to the heater, when compared to 1, 2 or 3.

Does the XL8R give good results, maybe some of you have tried this already ? I haven't tried for the moment.

Razhumikin

And for all those that use it upside down: they never use a straight stem? With a straight stem it looks quite stupid and not handy at all to use it
You can use a straight stem just fine, it doesnt need to be literally, vertically upside down to prevent spillage. Just keep it at above a 90° angle while the stem is in it and remove it between hits and you wont experience any spillage.

smith.street.band

I wonder... does the "bendy glas intake" that is included with the Tetra P80 supposed to have a "carb"??

Tetra P80 just arrived after more than a month of waiting. Most disappointing first hits ever. So i figured i must be doing something wrong...
Hear airleaks everywhere, like the stem doesn't fit?
so i find this carbhole in the stem?? Why? How?
But even with that hole covered the hits are worthless and that bloody glass stem gets bloody hot around that "carb"...
Only have that stem so can't even try another way.
Very disappointing...

Sorry about your experience. I had actually had mostly the same experience: waited for a long time and then it arrived with the stem broken in 3 pierces. Luckily i had this AMAZING stem that fit perfectly:

[/URL]

Coolest vapor I have ever tried and it’s from Germany so youre wont get fucked by customs. I highly recommend getting this!

I was also a little disappointed with how it hit but quickly found out that this vape has the slowest build-up of vapor production in my line-up. But once it’s there, Holy shit!! Smooth and tasty clouds. I pack the entire stem and the top the bowl with a basket screen to minimize ABV falling into the heater. It takes a lot of bud and it needs to really get the bud nice and toasty before the big clouds come but they are damn delicious once they do. The warm-up mode (3 clicks) helps a lot with the warm up but it still needs some time and puffs to get going.
[/QUOTE]

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@666Honeybadger others have pointed out that there are alternatives to lamart’s stems if customs’ fees are so onerous. You would need to put your own screens inside to joint pack them. Joint packing isn’t a lot of users’ in this threads first choice, but I do it from time to time when I want a large bowl or am using with friends. It just doesn’t heat as evenly and for me to feel like I’ve gotten all of the good stuff out of the flower requires some stirring—it’s a huge bowl!

Again, there is no reason to use the tp80 exclusively upside down. Some users do so because they are concerned (some might say ocd) about crumbs on the heater screen, but Ralph himself has said that he does not do this on Reddit. It’s not going to damage anything, you can brush or blow the crumbs out. If you chose to do that though you can always flip the screen.

Using it natively is fine and dandy, but I don’t think a j-hook needs to be as large and obtrusive as you think they are. If the primary concern is glass being fragile bear in mind that the tp80’s heater contains quite a bit of glass.

BubbleDrop

Sorry about your experience. I had actually had mostly the same experience: waited for a long time and then it arrived with the stem broken in 3 pierces. Luckily i had this AMAZING stem that fit perfectly:

I have this one as well and it's indeed very good in terms of vapor.

Only complaint is that it's really hard to dry completely after you've cleaned it with ISO & water.
But you can still put it in the oven for a short session and it will be perfectly dry then.

BubbleDrop,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wish, they are really bastards. Last package i received from MADheaters was just a brown envelop with a stem in it and ended up paying 48 euro or something

That is awful literal robbery, holding your packages and letters hostage... Sorry that really sucks! I was searching on Belgium eBay, and that WPA in the UK came up, that is why I shared it here, it was the only option on Belgium eBay and I thought they were recommending it because it could be reasonable shipping from the UK but I guess not lol

Okay but hook or water piece does not have to be big at all, and could also be extremely thick glass without much breaking risk... I'm just saying it may not be a simple, but it is a pretty great experience, especially with a hard-hitting vape like this and the open air flow etc... Also just so you know, they used that same glass on glass connection that the TP80 itself uses, so it's impossible to avoid using this vape lol

Myeah, maybe so...

Yes, as I said I always use mine upside down, it is very comfortable for me that way, there's no reason to have it upside up, because I am using it with hooks and water pieces, and because of that my heater area is pristine... If you want to flip it the other way, all you have to do is take the first hit upside down, with a good pack in the basket screen the load is going to be fully seated after the first hit, will not fall out until you poke it out to empty at the end... Of course crumb here or there could still fall which is why I don't even really do that much anymore with mine. I am always using the TP80 upside down now, so I stopped flipping the display, I just keep the display that way... In the past though when I would use it more right side up, but sometimes use it upside down, there was no reason to flip the display back and forth, you don't need to stare at the display while you're hitting it, and even if you do, I don't find it difficult to look at something upside down for a second personally... Even more so using it on demand, there's zero reasons you need the display, you said it to your temp, and then you hold the button for it to be on, inhaling, it's not even easy to look at the display while you're hitting it with a stem?

Correct I hate straight stems for this reason, also they don't offer as much cooling as a bent stem, even better is something with multiple right angles for the best cooling, so a straight stem sucks especially with the TP80 in my experience... I've only been using bent stems in my tetras for a long time, if not those short cooling stems, but yeah usually hooks and water pieces

Well, you do you, it's a tricky situation you are in, I can see why it would have dampened your enthusiasm off the bat, it's not like learning technique where you can play with it continuing to get better, because it's broken out of the gate and shipping is such an ordeal where you are... Totally justified if you just want to sell it, chances it could not be right for you anyway, things internationally are very tricky!

When I received mine, my glass stem was also broken. I informed Marc by mail and he directly send me one more back without charges .

And btw, my first impression with my first hit on my tp80 was disappointing as well.
I kept using it for a little while, get used to it and now it's my best device by far ;)

You mean Ralph btw, but yes pure convection on demand has some learning technique, it's not going to be first hit in love, especially with lower temps it can take a bit of time to get the vapor production going, especially if loading a larger bowl in the joint capped with the basket screen...

There are multiple stems that you could use with the Tetra P80 but they won't work the same, because of the shape of the joint.

stemz.jpg

1 : Long Glass Cooling Mouthpiece from Dreamwood
2 : Short Glass Cooling Mouthpiece from Dreamwood
3 : Bendy from Lamart
4 : XL8R from RBT

Of course you need to add a basket for any of those, when filling the herb into the stem.

1 and 2 have the same joint shape as 3 and I found those two to be perfect for the TP80. They're not better than the Bendy from Lamart (the short one at least : the long one does cool more than the Bendy), but it's a nice alternative. Airflow will feel a bit different too.

You can get those from Dreamwood (DE), and I guess you won't pay tax if you're in EU.

As you can see, the joint is not the same for the XL8R. If you insert this one in the TP80, the herb will not be so close to the heater, when compared to 1, 2 or 3.

Does the XL8R give good results, maybe some of you have tried this already ? I haven't tried for the moment.

Yeah so the new TP80, seems to have the heater a bit lower so really any 18.8 mm male stem will fit... Yes if you are using the RBT stems that are 19/19 (remember 18 equals 18.8 = 19 for the first number, second number refers to the length which is usually 22 or 26 mm) then yes the herb will be a little further away, but it still works fine, a little more forgiving with the higher temps used for the quick one hitter rips through water I like... XL8R would work fine, but I don't like using a straight stem with my TP80 and I don't think the spikes are elaborate enough to provide much significant cooling personally...

Is anyone enjoying the new circle(hole in the middle) stem? Looks awesome but would only want if it provides significant cooling....

That's not exactly new, the donut style stem, it is not one of the mass-produced regular stem style from Lamart, it is a fumed glass charlie custom from Dave Smith, that's why it is so expensive (there was another donut stem I had my eye on previously but could not justify $100 lol)

I guess I'm in the minority as someone who packs the joint and then uses the rimmed basket to cover it so I don't worry about getting the heater dirty. Might not extract quite as fast but it still beats every other vape I own for taste/cloud combo.

A lot of people do this, I just find it more annoying because it requires so much more herb, worse flavor, less even extraction, higher temps etc, so I only load the rimmed basket screens at the edge. If you flatten one of those, you can turn it into a cap for a tiny capped bowl capsule

Poolride

Is anyone enjoying the new circle(hole in the middle) stem? Looks awesome but would only want if it provides significant cooling....

I couldn’t resist buying one of those tinted yellow Glass Charlie stems. Each one appears to be slightly different.

It’s beautiful and well designed, great for cooling & much more open than a nub or the bendy.

The glass is much larger, heavier, wider and bigger than I thought it’d be at just under 5 inches long and 4 inches wide at the beefiest point where there are three large half inch holes (forming a triangle at that point) where the air flows around and through the glass for cooling.

The mouthpiece where your lips actually touch is about the size of a penny, flat with a small quarter inch hole and at least to me uncomfortable compared to how a wider hole feels with uplifted glass.

Overall it’s a beautiful piece, strong & durable, but it’s unusual size and lack of any bend make it a rare use option for me.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I couldn’t resist buying one of those tinted yellow Glass Charlie stems. Each one appears to be slightly different.

They are silver fumed (looks yellow), and gold fumed (looks pink) actually. Yeah I was only interested in one to use as a bubbler mouthpiece, not actually a stem, some of them seem nice as both though

havewill1

I figured...

Pfff, i am really that disappointed at the moment that i have to restrain myself from putting it up for sale. Trying to convince myself to give it some time before i decide. But was really very stoked to try it out after it being at customs for over a month...
And no, i have no other means of using it now, while it was on it's way i already thought i should have bought extra stems..
Just the thought of waiting again for customs to clear some stems makes me really sick rightnow...
goddammit
I can send you one of my long glass stems if youd like?

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Box and drawyer did the trick: the disappointment quickly faded (with a little help from all (4) my Revolves).

I guess it was a combination of factors that contributed to my initial disappointment.

First i managed to land one at the drop, that was totally unexpected, didn't believe it at first. tbh: i knew little to nothing about it at that moment. First heard about it a week earlier when the drop and all that buzz it created got me intrigued...
The madness drew me in i guess. All the raving reviews and praises!!!
This had to be an AMAZING portable!
But clearly it was quite difficult to actually score one, loads of people saying they missed out again...
So when i read that there was a followup mini-drop a week later i decided to give it a try. I was convinced i had slim to no chances but it would be good to get the hang of it, to know the strategy for a future drop.
Drop came, refreshed page at perfect time. 2 seconds later i had one in the cart, checked it out and it was done!
Sweet!!!
(also: damn... That's a lot of do for a vape, for sure since i barely knew anything about it...)
Then the long wait added to the suspens. Did some reading in the thread in the mean time. (Also added anticipation/doubts/questions)
During the wait i slowly ran out of (vape-ready) herbs, kept two prime buds for it's arrival.

So yeah: i was pretty excited when it finally came... Hence my rather 'dampened' (thanks for this euphemism @Shit Snacks ) enthusiasm.

Anyhow: i'm all over it, no worries! :lol:

Ok, now it's quoting time i guess!
Here i go...

(First of all: thanks to everyone for the replies/tips/suggestions!)

Second: i informed Lamart/Ralph about the 'broken' stem and he replied quick and offered to send a replacement stem. He felt bad about it but things like that do happen. What matters is the follow up so thumbs up for his customerservice!

Thanks for your reply and your efforts. Certainly a cheaper option since it's Germany. Also: i heard the name Dreamwood before but didn't realise he was in EU and didn't really check his stuff before! Thanks for the tip, he seems to have some nice stuff!
Still didn't really decide if i'll buy straight stems or go bendy but i'll keep these in mind!
Have to say that i kinda liked the look of some of the wooden stems. And the lamart site says they are made in France by Aezhenn (?) so maybe i can contact him directly to avoid customs?
How do these wood-stems perform in cooling the vapor?

You can use a straight stem just fine, it doesnt need to be literally, vertically upside down to prevent spillage. Just keep it at above a 90° angle while the stem is in it and remove it between hits and you wont experience any spillage.

I guess I'm in the minority as someone who packs the joint and then uses the rimmed basket to cover it so I don't worry about getting the heater dirty. Might not extract quite as fast

Cheers guys! Good to know!
I do wonder: i always read that the 'joint packing' takes a lot of weed but does it have to be full when packing that way? Can't you fill part of the stem? Even if it would move around a bit, it's trapped in there so wont fall out? Or doesn't it work well when partly full?
And isn't it possible to install the straight screen lower in the tube to reduce bowlsize?

That is awful literal robbery, holding your packages and letters hostage... Sorry that really sucks! I was searching on Belgium eBay, and that WPA in the UK came up, that is why I shared it here, it was the only option on Belgium eBay and I thought they were recommending it because it could be reasonable shipping from the UK but I guess not lol

Hehehe, not really no! Since Brexit it's a joke.
They really try their utmost best to make it as hard and expensive as possible for every UK transaction.
My bank even charges me (30-40 euro) to do an international payment to UK bankaccounts! (even tho i just use online banking as usual so doesn't make sense). Then you pay postal service (15 handover fee + 18 taxes on that handover fee).
Then customs decide if and how much taxes are due...
Can you believe that?? It's repressive, it's a highly 'right nationalistic' measure imo. Free trade my ass...

Okay but hook or water piece does not have to be big at all, and could also be extremely thick glass without much breaking risk... I'm just saying it may not be a simple, but it is a pretty great experience

Slowly but likely you are arousing my curiosity...
Maybe i should look into a minimal glass setup. Never really did a big search for a good glass 'provider' in EU. Everytime i looked for waterpipe/bong/... i quickly gave up. So many options so little clues...
I guess a hook must be findable...

Also just so you know, they used that same glass on glass connection that the TP80 itself uses, so it's impossible to avoid using this vape lol

LoL
Maybe it bothered me because i was fiddling with it all the time since i could'nt get vapor? All the in/out and turning/repositioning the stem and the growing frustration might have contributed?
Guess they don't make wooden bended stems? ;)

you don't need to stare at the display while you're hitting it, and even if you do, I don't find it difficult to look at something upside down for a second personally... Even more so using it on demand, there's zero reasons you need the display, you said it to your temp, and then you hold the button for it to be on, inhaling, it's not even easy to look at the display while you're hitting it with a stem?

True that. But certainly at first i will need the display cause i noticed it's quite easy to skip to different settings when clicking.
At least till i know the device/get some routine with the clicks.
Reading all that inverted using makes me wonder why i didn' see any custom models with inverted inlays/drawings/symbols/engraving?

so a straight stem sucks especially with the TP80 in my experience...

Got ya!
One of the reasons i bought it is to use it when in my garden because it's not easy to use a torch consistently outside (even with little wind).
But i was hoping to just use it native outside, preferably with a straight (wooden) stem.
I fear it wil be a hassle with a hook/glassware when outside... But the wooden stems might be too hot for my liking...
Wish there was a connector/converter to use a revolve as stem...

Well, you do you, it's a tricky situation you are in, I can see why it would have dampened your enthusiasm off the bat, it's not like learning technique where you can play with it continuing to get better, because it's broken out of the gate and shipping is such an ordeal where you are... Totally justified if you just want to sell it, chances it could not be right for you anyway, things internationally are very tricky!

Might still end up selling it but i've realized that it would be rather stupid to sell it without at least trying it out 'the right way' first. I would never forgive my impulsive self i think.
I've taken the edge off and even tho i'm still curious to check it, it's out of my mind for now.
Another week?
2 weeks ?
A month?
Whatever man!
Bring it on!

I can send you one of my long glass stems if youd like?

Wow man, that is a very nice offer! Thanks a lot for that!
But don't worry, i'll try to order some stuff one of the days and take the wait!
But thanks big time for the suggestion! Very cool!

Coolest vapor I have ever tried and it’s from Germany so youre wont get fucked by customs. I highly recommend getting this!

Thanks man! That one actually looks pretty nice. Does this have a screen in the stem already or did you install one?
Have ordered from verdampftnochmal and that is safe for customs indeed!
I see some other glass pieces that might be handy!

Do you happen to know if these batteries are ok for the Tetra P80? And which would be better? (Was looking for molicell but find it hard to find a trustworthy EU seller tbh. If these would do i might go for those since i trust that shop)

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/panasonic-18650-3400mah-battery

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Samsung-Battery-3200-mAh-18650

If the primary concern is glass being fragile bear in mind that the tp80’s heater contains quite a bit of glass.

Yeas, that's true. But i worry more about the external glass tbh. Don't think i'll drop the device itself but a waterpiece or a hook on my table or in the vape... Bad feeling about it, maybe not necessary...

Dang, what a post... But with all the quotes and the no back to back posting i kinda had to

TLDR: Lot of words just to say that i still didn't try it, will wait for spare parts so i can give it at least a good go!

Shit Snacks

Have to say that i kinda liked the look of some of the wooden stems. And the lamart site says they are made in France by Aezhenn (?) so maybe i can contact him directly to avoid customs?
How do these wood-stems perform in cooling the vapor?

Yes see if you can reach out to him, I don't see why he couldn't send you stems directly, but the wood does nothing to cool vapor (if anything it could be harsher since the wood steals less heat, but could be more efficient, depending on the wood it could condition the vapor, or cause respiratory issues technically lol) but you can get glass lining for the stems which can have cooling spikes or the steel amaze cooler that is quite effective (I believe Alan from toasty top can make steel lined stems)

I do wonder: i always read that the 'joint packing' takes a lot of weed but does it have to be full when packing that way? Can't you fill part of the stem? Even if it would move around a bit, it's trapped in there so wont fall out? Or doesn't it work well when partly full?
And isn't it possible to install the straight screen lower in the tube to reduce bowlsize?

Yeah well you see with convection you need the hot air to come through the weed evenly since that is what is creating the vapor, so if you load less in the joint it will all go to the further screen, further from the heater, and if it is loose all throughout then you have hot air swirling and not going through all the herb, these are reasons I find it much less efficient than loading the herb close to the tip...

Slowly but likely you are arousing my curiosity...
Maybe i should look into a minimal glass setup. Never really did a big search for a good glass 'provider' in EU. Everytime i looked for waterpipe/bong/... i quickly gave up. So many options so little clues...
I guess a hook must be findable...

Haha yes my dude it is the way, you are not the only one in the EU who has needed glass like this before it is tough to find here but people have definitely posted tips for buying stuff in the EU somewhere in this forum! And if you are not sure about specific glass, just share it here, I can tell you, as well as others, what would work best with the TP80 based off whatever you can find that would be convenient for you to get...

Maybe it bothered me because i was fiddling with it all the time since i could'nt get vapor? All the in/out and turning/repositioning the stem and the growing frustration might have contributed?
Guess they don't make wooden bended stems?

Yeah it's hard to tell because your stem had a hole so that's extra frustration it shouldn't be that frustrating, shouldn't need to be turning in and out repositioning etc but anyway there is glass bent liner for the wood stem, I don't like using the wood stems because they are built for use with S&B capsules which I hate, trying to use the stem without the capsule is also not as effective as the rimmed basket screens for me, I think you would want to buy a different wood stem that is more specialized to load the way you want to? There are a lot of wooden stem makers like Milliken WoodWorks who make some really cool stuff this way, maybe aezhenn can custom...

True that. But certainly at first i will need the display cause i noticed it's quite easy to skip to different settings when clicking.
At least till i know the device/get some routine with the clicks.
Reading all that inverted using makes me wonder why i didn' see any custom models with inverted inlays/drawings/symbols/engraving?

Well yeah I guess to get accustomed to it, you just need to also look at the LED, you can kind of see the action on the screen and know what it's doing, you can also adjust the settings so you don't have the other clicks to worry about putting you into a mode, I mostly use cruise because it is just easier than holding down the button, even on demand style, keeping the tetra upside down I can remove it to clear my hits easily... I agree I think it would be great if the designs were geared to be more upside down, since the screen always comes upside down now as if you are going to be using it inverted anyway, but it just takes a custom order to do so, upside down right side up it's all relative!

One of the reasons i bought it is to use it when in my garden because it's not easy to use a torch consistently outside (even with little wind).
But i was hoping to just use it native outside, preferably with a straight (wooden) stem.
I fear it wil be a hassle with a hook/glassware when outside... But the wooden stems might be too hot for my liking...
Wish there was a connector/converter to use a revolve as stem...

Yeah you need a use tech to fit your situation is all, I don't know how good it would be in the garden, it depends on the situation exactly, but it could work quite well as you describe, even with the standard bendy stem, yes more secure when you have the load capped so you don't have to worry about any crumbs falling, you can be a little more free, but you need to use a higher temperature, also better to use a higher temperature in on demand mode anyway so it will be quicker...

By the way there is someone, one of the woodworkers, cannot remember who exactly, that made a 18.8 mm male connection for dynavap stems to use in vapes like the tetra.. sounds like that is what you want, but I think having such a narrow path would not be good for efficiency or loading a larger bowl and capping it the way you want to?

Again it really depends on the piece, some hooks even if it requires a separate WPA, is so easy to hold all in one hand with the tetra upside down, even some bubblers perhaps potentially...

Might still end up selling it but i've realized that it would be rather stupid to sell it without at least trying it out 'the right way' first. I would never forgive my impulsive self i think.
I've taken the edge off and even tho i'm still curious to check it, it's out of my mind for now.
Another week?
2 weeks ?
A month?
Whatever man!
Bring it on!

Haha yeah you need to give it a fair shake, it sounds like you are used to vap cap generally? So heads up this is absolutely nothing like that, and you kind of need to spend time with it alone to learn and get to know the way pure convection on demand works (even if you are cruising the way this vape works is still more pure convection on demand The way you draw), glass stem based chamber and vapor path, it is just very versatile with a lot of extra features and capabilities

Thanks man! That one actually looks pretty nice. Does this have a screen in the stem already or did you install one?
Have ordered from verdampftnochmal and that is safe for customs indeed!
I see some other glass pieces that might be handy!

There is no screen, you would be using a basket screen, something else set up yourself shoving a screen in there to cap, with the rimmed basket screen... You should search around and see if that store has screens and other accessories you can use??

Do you happen to know if these batteries are ok for the Tetra P80? And which would be better? (Was looking for molicell but find it hard to find a trustworthy EU seller tbh. If these would do i might go for those since i trust that shop)

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/panasonic-18650-3400mah-battery

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Samsung-Battery-3200-mAh-18650

No they're not going to work, they are for vapes that require much less power, session conduction vapes, the amps are too low in these batteries for use in pure convection on demand portables, there is no battery that works with the tetra that has that high of MAH, you have to sacrifice the capacity for higher amps, but it is worth it for more consistent performance throughout the charge... Stick with Molicell P26A and P28A (or LG HG2 and HE4 or Samsung 25R or Sony VTC6 and VTC5)

Yeas, that's true. But i worry more about the external glass tbh. Don't think i'll drop the device itself but a waterpiece or a hook on my table or in the vape... Bad feeling about it, maybe not necessary...

Yeah you just got to learn to be careful and mindful of the stuff, where you put it and what style works for you and your situation, there are so many options!

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
but you can get glass lining for the stems which can have cooling spikes or the steel amaze cooler that is quite effective

Saw some glass lined wooden stems before and instantly forgot the unlined ones, definitely has to be lined (for coolingoptions, flavor and cleaning).

Yeah well you see with convection you need the hot air to come through the weed evenly since that is what is creating the vapor, so if you load less in the joint it will all go to the further screen, further from the heater, and if it is loose all throughout then you have hot air swirling and not going through all the herb, these are reasons I find it much less efficient than loading the herb close to the tip...

Makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!
I have a V3Pro too and could swear i read comments (i think from the maker) saying a loose (half/unfull) load worked great as well.
I usually fill the bowl but have used it with small loads aswell. But your point about too loose/to small loads makes sense tho.

definitely posted tips for buying stuff in the EU somewhere in this forum! And if you are not sure about specific glass, just share it here, I can tell you, as well as others, what would work best with the TP80 based off whatever you can find that would be convenient for you to get...

Check! I will ask advice for sure before ordering. Glassware has a specific lingo that is quite hard to understand for noobs i must say. Sometimes i have to cross reference pics and words to identify the parts that are mentioned, and even that doesn't always answers my questions tbh...
:uhoh:

By the way there is someone, one of the woodworkers, cannot remember who exactly, that made a 18.8 mm male connection for dynavap stems to use in vapes like the tetra.. sounds like that is what you want, but I think having such a narrow path would not be good for efficiency

Sounds like something i would definitely like to try!
The Revolve stem might be a good contender since it has adjustable drawrestriction and ultimate cooling!
I do find it hard to imagine how this piece looks/works exactly. You load in the (glass) connection and attach the stem directly to that converter-part? Interesting for sure! I'll look into that! Cheers!

Haha yeah you need to give it a fair shake, it sounds like you are used to vap cap generally? So heads up this is absolutely nothing like that, and you kind of need to spend time with it alone to learn and get to know the way pure convection on demand works (even if you are cruising The way this vape works is still more pure convection on demand, glass stem based chamber and vapor path, it is just very versatile with a lot of extra features and capabilities)

Mainly use Revolve with DV tips indeed. I have a little experience with convection. Have the V3 and a Wolkenkraft Aris, nothing like the TP80 i guess but also convection, used mainly for on the go.
And a SB Runt for when i want fast and furious (i could swear the vapor pours out of my ears when hitting the Runt)
But for various reasons the revolve gets the most action. Like to preload a couple of them (different strains) for a session so when at home i mostly use these.
Looking forward to compare with the TP80

There is no screen, you would be using a basket screen, something else set up yourself shoving a screen in there to cap, with the rimmed basket screen...
I pack the entire stem and the top the bowl with a basket screen to minimize ABV falling into the heater.

I didn't see a screen but based on the post from @smith.street.band i figured there had to be one.
So guess it was installed DIY.
That makes me wonder again if reducing the 'stem-bowl' in the bendy lamart stem by replacing the top screen to lower position is an option? Bringing the herbs closer to oven, reducing the load and avoiding crumbs all at the same time...

No they're not going to work,

Cheers! Good thing i asked!
I'll look for molicell again, might ask again when found to see if someone EU based can verify the seller!
If anyone has a reliable link feel free to share... :tup:
Stick with Molicell P26A and P28A (or LG HG2 and HE4 or Samsung 25R or Sony VTC6 and VTC5)

Gotcha!
Good thing i can't use it yet, gives me time to score some first!
One thing i did notice already during my first encounter: it drained the battery quite efficient! In my case it even went burned thru the battery faster then thru the herbs....

:lol:

Shit Snacks

Makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!
I have a V3Pro too and could swear i read comments (i think from the maker) saying a loose (half/unfull) load worked great as well.
I usually fill the bowl but have used it with small loads aswell. But your point about too loose/to small loads makes sense tho.

Yeah it's not the same as a V3P either at all, since that has a steel bowl you are loading, and a much smaller heating element among other things the way it heats is different despite being convection.

Check! I will ask advice for sure before ordering. Glassware has a specific lingo that is quite hard to understand for noobs i must say. Sometimes i have to cross reference pics and words to identify the parts that are mentioned, and even that doesn't always answers my questions tbh...

Yeah the only lingo you need to know is 18 equals 18.8 = 19 mm male joint for the stem to fit in the female joint of your TP80. So a WPA would have that on one end, the other end could be the same, or it could be 14 mm (14.5) male which means you would just need another 18 or 14 female connection for your water piece or hook or whatever

Sounds like something i would definitely like to try!
The Revolve stem might be a good contender since it has adjustable drawrestriction and ultimate cooling!
I do find it hard to imagine how this piece looks/works exactly. You load in the (glass) connection and attach the stem directly to that converter-part? Interesting for sure! I'll look into that! Cheers!

Yeah basically it is the bowl section of a stem, that connects to whatever DV stem for the vapor path... I'm not sure if it was the Rogue Wax Works or someone else who made them

Have the V3 and a Wolkenkraft Aris, nothing like the TP80 i guess but also convection, used mainly for on the go.
And a SB Runt for when i want fast and furious (i could swear the vapor pours out of my ears when hitting the Runt)

Yeah WK is just a rebranded hybrid device, not pure convection, less so than the V3P, the rent is actually more like the TP80 but not at all either lol

I didn't see a screen but based on the post from @smith.street.band i figured there had to be one.
So guess it was installed DIY.
That makes me wonder again if reducing the 'stem-bowl' in the bendy lamart stem by replacing the top screen to lower position is an option? Bringing the herbs closer to oven, reducing the load and avoiding crumbs all at the same time...

I just meant whatever screens are sold at that website in the EU for easy shipping to you, I know his photo did not have a screen visible... And you will see it is pretty impossible to get screens to fit in glass securely it's very tough that's why the basket shape, with a larger screen size and the right basket shape maybe you could put it in higher up in the joint, it's messier though, again I just prefer to load the joint and keep it upside down that is the best simplest way for me, but yeah for your situation you might want to try to find other capsule options that have been mentioned in this thread... There are quite a few aside from the ones we've mentioned so far now.

I'll look for molicell again, might ask again when found to see if someone EU based can verify the seller!
If anyone has a reliable link feel free to share... :tup:

Good luck, there was definitely a battery thread somewhere, where to buy them in the EU, check the ask FC section a lot is there!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
These responses are a little too much to hold my attention entirely atm ;). I did see a bit about joint packing, and I don't think it haaaaaaas to be super full. I used to pretty frequently straw suck a small amount into the glass-screened wpa to use with my sake bottle. I did not even give it a tamp--I experimented with it some, but I found that not tamping encouraged a better, more even extraction than tamping. I speculate that tamping maybe compacts the bud enough that air "channels" through a few spots that end up more open, and thus over-extracted relative to the flower that isn't in proximity to one of these channels. I only stopped because its not super easy to clean when stem packing. Little bits of flower can end up stuck around the outside of the metal screen, and inside the little holes on the glass-screened wpa. This requires scrubbing and I try to minimize maintenance (I like to think I have more interesting things to do, but probably I am just lazy).

edited to add: I did not cap my bowls with a basket screen when doing this. I think I tried it a handful of times and had to turn the temp up high enough that I couldn't get an even bake, but its been a while so maybe I should revisit.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Forgive my ignorance but i want some confirmation wether i am looking at the right battery.
Feels silly to open a new thread just for this but if considered "offtopic" here i'll stand corrected whilst being redirected...;)

Is the one linked below a good choice or are there better options to look for?
(Also wonder if anyone EU can confirm this site (nkon.nl) is a thrustworthy seller to avoid having to deal with re-wraps or fakes. So any advice on that is welcome!)

https://www.nkon.nl/molicel-inr18650-p28a-2800mah-35a.html

Also looking at this charger (on the same site):

https://www.nkon.nl/charger-63/battery-charger/li-ion/xtar-vc4sl-batterijlader.html

Solid choice? Or can i find better/safer ones?

TIA!

Yeah the only lingo you need to know is 18 equals 18.8 = 19 mm male joint for the stem to fit in the female joint of your TP80.

18,8=18=19! That i'll manage!
So consider me up to speed lingo-wise!
Cheers!

I'm not sure if it was the Rogue Wax Works or someone else who made them

I'll look into that, interested! Although i do get your point about efficiency and restricting the airpath.

Yeah WK is just a rebranded hybrid device, not pure convection, less so than the V3P, the rent is actually more like the TP80 but not at all either lol

Yeah, WK and V3 are ok but i expect the TP80 to be in a whole other league. But using the V3 gave me some idea how conduction/convection differ, impact of draw style and such... (Tip of the iceberg probably)
with a larger screen size and the right basket shape maybe you could put it in higher up in the joint, it's messier though, again I just prefer to load the joint and keep it upside down that is the best simplest way for me,

I only stopped because its not super easy to clean when stem packing.

I guess some trial and error will be required to find out what my preferred usage is. Given all the love for basket-packing i will at least give that a go so i know what i am talking about instead of speculating over crumbs and inconvenient to use..

Thanks again!
(Sooner or later i will get there! );)

Top Bottom