Tetra P80

GoldenBud

when the best strain meets the best vape.. it worthes a new video! @ 440F~
before:
beforeg.jpg

vid:
after:
afterg.jpg

@Shit Snacks it looks like yours +-? it's too powerful strain so i am starting low @ 440F ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks it looks like yours +-? it's too powerful strain so i am starting low @ 440F

Haha yeah close, with 19/19 RBT WPA and a shallow basket like that, seems about right, could push it a little more with deeper faster inhale or loading a little more, could be more like my 430-35f extraction potentially! :tup:

Shit Snacks

Nub stem just with a basket screen.

With this one I take the first hit upside down to make sure the load is seated, medium fine consistent grind, full with gentle yet firm tamp, and you will want to preheat. Easy to do if you are planning to take hits back to back keeping the heater warm, there is also the preheat feature which basically does like a 30 second cruise to get it warm? I don't use that because I am often just using cruise anyway, if you want to preheat manually that would just me and holding down the trigger for a little while before you start inhaling and start inhaling slow before you rip, especially if you are on lower temp settings... If you want it to work faster just use higher temp settings, since the temperature is going to be relative to how you are inhaling and the heat soak. Does that make sense? You can really get a sense and feel the vapor with the nub, it does do a good job cooling, but I find the tip of it can get quite warm on your lips, so it is better to use higher temperatures for faster shorter hits when on demand with the nub in my experience, or slow sip milk the low temps with thinner vapor.

Also got a bent cooling stem

More or less the same as the nub, but it is a bit more comfortable, never gets hot on your lips, and you can always hold it at the tip as the rest of the glass may become hot with use (like the nub) however it may not cool quite as effectively as the nub in some regard, a fast rip draw might be a little harsher, a slower draw will give the vapor a little more time to cool with the spikes, but again back-to-back hits will heat up the glass more... I like the bent stems because they are even easier to use upside down for that first hit or the entire session, as I like to keep the tetra cruising, removing it to clear each hit on the bent stem upside down, that way I can temp-step and get the most out of lower temperature settings or middle temperature settings cruising for multiple hits out of a basket screen bowl... You could also try loading in the joint and capping of course though you will likely need much higher temp settings as a result.

and a wpa.

My favorite way to use it, with a hook or other dry glass, or even more so through water (something with good filtration but a bit of restriction, simple shower head, fountain or inline, fab egg or even a recycler... This way it is easy to keep it in cruise, loading basket screen bowls, removing the tetra and then the WPA to clear each hit, but the tetra is still warm for your next hit unless you are not going so back-to-back... Can do one hitter bowls on the high end that are very effective and probably my favorite way to use the TP80 like a battery powered desktop.

Tubo is set to 180 celsius and 70 watts right now when I turn it on

Sorry I am not used to Celsius, but 180 is 356 Fahrenheit, very low so you would not get much visible vapor, for very long at this setting, 385 is a solid all around sweet spot, but if you see here we were just talking about using it very high temps like I was saying it's all relative especially if you want to do quicker rips because of the heat soak, but you can also go low super low if you don't want the thick vapor (the airflow is totally wide open so a slower draw may be required as well with lower temps)

It is always 70 watts, but it doesn't always pull 70, just the initial heat up for a split second maybe, you can watch the watts jump around in use when cruising. I like setting the eco to 1 so that it limits the wattage when you are not drawing from it into standby mode to be more efficient

canadianvapelife

With this one I take the first hit upside down to make sure the load is seated, medium fine consistent grind, full with gentle yet firm tamp, and you will want to preheat. Easy to do if you are planning to take hits back to back keeping the heater warm, there is also the preheat feature which basically does like a 30 second cruise to get it warm? I don't use that because I am often just using cruise anyway, if you want to preheat manually that would just me and holding down the trigger for a little while before you start inhaling and start inhaling slow before you rip, especially if you are on lower temp settings... If you want it to work faster just use higher temp settings, since the temperature is going to be relative to how you are inhaling and the heat soak. Does that make sense? You can really get a sense and feel the vapor with the nub, it does do a good job cooling, but I find the tip of it can get quite warm on your lips, so it is better to use higher temperatures for faster shorter hits when on demand with the nub in my experience, or slow sip milk the low temps with thinner vapor.

More or less the same as the nub, but it is a bit more comfortable, never gets hot on your lips, and you can always hold it at the tip as the rest of the glass may become hot with use (like the nub) however it may not cool quite as effectively as the nub in some regard, a fast rip draw might be a little harsher, a slower draw will give the vapor a little more time to cool with the spikes, but again back-to-back hits will heat up the glass more... I like the bent stems because they are even easier to use upside down for that first hit or the entire session, as I like to keep the tetra cruising, removing it to clear each hit on the bent stem upside down, that way I can temp-step and get the most out of lower temperature settings or middle temperature settings cruising for multiple hits out of a basket screen bowl... You could also try loading in the joint and capping of course though you will likely need much higher temp settings as a result.

My favorite way to use it, with a hook or other dry glass, or even more so through water (something with good filtration but a bit of restriction, simple shower head, fountain or inline, fab egg or even a recycler... This way it is easy to keep it in cruise, loading basket screen bowls, removing the tetra and then the WPA to clear each hit, but the tetra is still warm for your next hit unless you are not going so back-to-back... Can do one hitter bowls on the high end that are very effective and probably my favorite way to use the TP80 like a battery powered desktop.

Sorry I am not used to Celsius, but 180 is 356 Fahrenheit, very low so you would not get much visible vapor, for very long at this setting, 385 is a solid all around sweet spot, but if you see here we were just talking about using it very high temps like I was saying it's all relative especially if you want to do quicker rips because of the heat soak, but you can also go low super low if you don't want the thick vapor (the airflow is totally wide open so a slower draw may be required as well with lower temps)

It is always 70 watts, but it doesn't always pull 70, just the initial heat up for a split second maybe, you can watch the watts jump around in use when cruising. I like setting the eco to 1 so that it limits the wattage when you are not drawing from it into standby mode to be more efficient
Wow! Thank you so much for all that detail. I did try one bowl on the settings it came to me with and like you said there wasn't much visible vapor. I did also notice the nun getting pretty warm so I'll probably stick with the bent cooling stem. Sounds like I have a bit of experimenting to do. I just didn't want to combust on my first bowl with it. You know? Lol anyways I do appreciate the help!

Shit Snacks

Wow! Thank you so much for all that detail. I did try one bowl on the settings it came to me with and like you said there wasn't much visible vapor. I did also notice the nun getting pretty warm so I'll probably stick with the bent cooling stem. Sounds like I have a bit of experimenting to do. I just didn't want to combust on my first bowl with it. You know? Lol anyways I do appreciate the help!

Haha yeah if you are under 400F you're pretty safe combustion-wise, especially using dry, you're going to sense it anyway it's going to be too hot and harsh before you even combust, you'll taste when the flavor is gone and when it's overcooked before it burns further above 400. If you really pack a tight bowl and rip it hard for a while you could get a scorch at 390 but it is much tougher and not really a combustion event honestly, just a quick full extraction. I push the limits more through water, it might have been the tetrax thread where we were discussing it more recently, pushing 420 to 450 through water is a bit more expert level use I suppose, these one hitter quick rippers :cool::cheers::spliff:

Edit to Add: I see Tetra P80 acrylic posted to frientexchange an hour ago, $600 with four stems and a case, could be a bit high...

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Edit to Add: I see Tetra P80 acrylic posted to frientexchange an hour ago, $600 with four stems and a case, could be a bit high...
Yeah that’s absurd. Weren’t the acrylic ones liken two hundred something in USD?

@canadianvapelife i have to agree that the temp you’re using seems awfully low for all but terp hits, but to each their own. I mostly start around 365 F and push up by 5-10 degrees before finishing around 420-430 with a basket screen. I don’t really bother to tamp as I just straw suck and use a tool or my fingertip to knock off any excess, but otherwise take the first hit inverted so that the oils melt together and good to go.

I almost always use the warm up. It doesn’t fire for a set amount of time, it runs the heater at 480 F for a variable amount of time proportional to the temp you’ve set it to cruise at. If you’re sessioning or doing on demand hits after warming up you should be able to skip that though.

I guess I’m a bit of an oddball as I turn off eco to just keep the heater at my set temp, but I’m always using at home with plenty of batteries—just picked up a bunch of p28a’s as they were on sale for $3! Also if you’re joint packing you’ll need to increase the temp due to the increased distance from the heater and possibly larger load. I don’t do that often, but in the glass-screened multi wpa I believe I was usually around 440-450.

Shit Snacks

Yeah that’s absurd. Weren’t the acrylic ones liken two hundred something in USD?

No more like $345 shipped with the cooling stem, drum panels and black mod color are also a factor, but the three spare stems are the cheaper variety and I don't think the case is that expensive, so it's still like 150 to 250 in profit likely... Perhapably not reasonable?

Also I don't think eco really makes that much of a difference anyway, if you let it sit it's still going to burn the battery in cruise when not in use, I too don't care that much because I'm at home swapping and have plenty of other vapes as well lol Yeah I just do manual warm up so I never ever even tried the setting but it seems like a smart feature!

canadianvapelife

Haha yeah if you are under 400F you're pretty safe combustion-wise, especially using dry, you're going to sense it anyway it's going to be too hot and harsh before you even combust, you'll taste when the flavor is gone and when it's overcooked before it burns further above 400. If you really pack a tight bowl and rip it hard for a while you could get a scorch at 390 but it is much tougher and not really a combustion event honestly, just a quick full extraction. I push the limits more through water, it might have been the tetrax thread where we were discussing it more recently, pushing 420 to 450 through water is a bit more expert level use I suppose, these one hitter quick rippers :cool::cheers::spliff:

Experimented a little tonight and got some really nice hits at 195/200 whatever that works out to in farenheit

canadianvapelife

@canadianvapelife i have to agree that the temp you’re using seems awfully low for all but terp hits, but to each their own. I mostly start around 365 F and push up by 5-10 degrees before finishing around 420-430 with a basket screen. I don’t really bother to tamp as I just straw suck and use a tool or my fingertip to knock off any excess, but otherwise take the first hit inverted so that the oils melt together and good to go.

I almost always use the warm up. It doesn’t fire for a set amount of time, it runs the heater at 480 F for a variable amount of time proportional to the temp you’ve set it to cruise at. If you’re sessioning or doing on demand hits after warming up you should be able to skip that though.

I guess I’m a bit of an oddball as I turn off eco to just keep the heater at my set temp, but I’m always using at home with plenty of batteries—just picked up a bunch of p28a’s as they were on sale for $3! Also if you’re joint packing you’ll need to increase the temp due to the increased distance from the heater and possibly larger load. I don’t do that often, but in the glass-screened multi wpa I believe I was usually around 440-450.
I don't know anything about the features of tubo so I just used cruise tonight. Will play around tomorrow more

canadianvapelife,

gordontreeman

I don't know anything about the features of tubo so I just used cruise tonight. Will play around tomorrow more

It’s worth having a look at the manual and playing around. You can use it lots of ways, and go nuts with customization if you know mods well and that is your bag. It’s far and away my most reached for vape!

Edit: I don’t see the way to insert quotes in an edit in mobile, but that might be right about the acrylic price @Shit Snacks. It’s marked up quite a bit either way. I guess it’s a way to get one so some folks might swing for it. I don’t like to encourage that kind of pricing so I stay away. Bit off-topic but I should set up an alert for firewoods on frientexchange and see if I can get one for close to msrp.

GoldenBud

Saw someone selling one of these for $600. Is it really that good to spend 600 on a vaporizer?!
IMHO no, 500$ max and it should include :
2-3x 18650 high quality
2-3 stems, 2-3 wpas (don't have to be from lamart specifically)

But a collector will pay 600$ I think (they got good stats in their bank account I guess?)

I paid around 400CHF and it worthes it IMHO

I've got a lot of batteries and it's my best vape in my arsenal right now

gordontreeman

IMHO no, 500$ max and it should include :
2-3x 18650 high quality
2-3 stems, 2-3 wpas (don't have to be from lamart specifically)

But a collector will pay 600$ I think (they got good stats in their bank account I guess?)

I paid around 400CHF and it worthes it IMHO

I've got a lot of batteries and it's my best vape in my arsenal right now
I don’t even think $500 is worth it for an acrylic, personally. The stems aren’t that much, and 18650s are $3-5 each. Generic wpas are even cheaper. I assume most people sell them in bundles because it’s easier to get rid of the lot that way, which is understandable.

Obviously I’m just comparing it to msrp though. To a collector it’s worth whatever someone will pay and all. Certainly the vapor quality is top notch, it’s just that I think a lot of desktops and at least one other portable can do that, too.

GoldenBud

I don’t even think $500 is worth it for an acrylic, personally. The stems aren’t that much, and 18650s are $3-5 each. Generic wpas are even cheaper. I assume most people sell them in bundles because it’s easier to get rid of the lot that way, which is understandable.
Yeah but giving the accessories to the buyer is more like a nice service to do..

Honestly, I don't understand why all the 2nd Tetras are being sold so high.. I mean, none of the sellers ever vaped @ 440F+ ? the price should be equal or lower than their RSVP, not higher... if you never vaped over 400F - ok, you can sell it a bit higher, but, so many high prices.... not a good karma IMHO

attackpoints

$600 for an acrylic does seem insane. Maybe if it was a particularly pretty pour, but even then I think I'd only shell out like that for a nice natural wood.

I get charging some kind of premium since drops are infrequent and it's a mob rush to get one. But yeah. Bad karma.

Some impressions from using the TP80 daily since received, I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase. My first week I used it exclusively through water and this week it's been paired with my jhook. The flavor on this is insane. Even with weed that is pretty dry! I'm thoroughly impressed. I like to use it around 400-410F and preheat for 20-25 seconds for the first hit. After that, I tend to hold the fire button for around 15 seconds and through my hit. It's been a real pleasure to use. I have to play with the settings more still. That's this weekend's adventure ☮️

gordontreeman

Yeah but giving the accessories to the buyer is more like a nice service to do..

Honestly, I don't understand why all the 2nd Tetras are being sold so high.. I mean, none of the sellers ever vaped @ 440F+ ? the price should be equal or lower than their RSVP, not higher... if you never vaped over 400F - ok, you can sell it a bit higher, but, so many high prices.... not a good karma IMHO
Yeah it just depends how they’re breaking up the upcharge. I know when I pmed some folks in the past about buying used items it was a case of, “oh, the $30 18650 just covers shipping and a small amount for my time.” I agree in principle, just commenting that if that is how the seller is calculating shipping I’ll by my own accessories.

I guess the point is moot in that we all seem to mostly agree that it’s a steep charge for an acrylic p80. Not to say they don’t look cool, but if you get msrp for it you’re already getting back what you paid and got to try it for free. It’s a tough ask (to me, you may do whatever you like with your money, dear reader) to ask me to pay a couple hundred usd premium to skip the drop.

Top Bottom