Tetra P80

GoldenBud

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I’m not really of the opinion that any particular glass piece works better or worse with a particular vape beyond personal preference with regards to airflow. Personally I have really come around to a nice j hook for effective cooling with no water, but a basic water piece that works well is the sake bottle @sweerpotato. Greek glass sells them for a reasonable price already imported so you don’t have to wait for shipping, otherwise I bet they’re available on dhgate.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah the tetra has such wide open air flow that I don't like to use a piece without any restriction for example, I love using mine with GooRoo 3piece bubbler and various mouthpieces (they have 20% off with code 710 right now and are also available at vgoodiez) and there are a lot of solid pieces from TAG (thick ass glass) I think shower head style (with holes or slits on the bottom instead of matrix or fountain style) is pretty ideal with the TP80 and they are easy to find, size is a tricky thing when looking for bent necks, but there are a lot of great options on eBay too like this on the larger side height wise, but without too much volume (complex path for extra cooling and action, but a basic slitted inline perc that will work well with everything) price is a factor too of course!

GoldenBud

in my first tetra vid you can see the fake RBR by bioT, it's nice because I can see the reclaim dirt in the water/glass and clean it every day... with the D020 you can forget to clean...

@Shit Snacks I have an unit as you know that the burl is only near the heater, on the drum, and running the unit over 220C gives a pleasent smell, maybe that's why the burl is there? or also this wenge smell well probably
it's kinda less smell than how It used to be in the first couple days
your unit smells?

Shit Snacks

in my first tetra vid you can see the fake RBR by bioT, it's nice because I can see the reclaim dirt in the water/glass and clean it every day... with the D020 you can forget to clean...

I did not really like using Tetra through RBR, but I have a 3.0 somewhere stuck shipping lol I have another klein style semi incycler that works really well with it though... I hate having to clean too often, so I am always using drop-down adapters with all my glass now, keeps the water much cleaner for longer, since I am rotating too many different things at a time and am quite lazy lol

@Shit Snacks I have an unit as you know that the burl is only near the heater, on the drum, and running the unit over 220C gives a pleasent smell, maybe that's why the burl is there? or also this wenge smell well probably
it's kinda less smell than how It used to be in the first couple days
your unit smells?

Smell from wood is a complicated thing, not only is it subjective, but it depends on each species, and how fresh of a cut, how it is used... Usually they break in over time, fresh cut wood has a stronger smell, mine also has a pleasant aroma (nicer than the fresh acrylic poplar) but yes it is already dissipating more and more with more use, especially higher heat helps, but it will bring out the smell stronger of course if left sitting heat soaked... If I had to guess I would say the box elder burl smells more strong than the wenge, but that's not the reason it's used around the drum, I think that's just because they are small panels, so it's easy to insert different colors into the drum that way, because they were left over from my unit ;)

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I just saw the bidding.... crazy. These are amazing vapes, just finished a bowl on mine and really enjoy it.... But OVER $600???

It's nice and all... but for that money, I'll be honest, I'd sell mine, buy a TM, an ounce of top shelf flower, a bottle of half decent whiskey, and forget all about it...

Just saying 😆

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
The bids are really high, but technically they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Neither of these do it for me at that price , although I do think they both look fantastic. I love blue, and the cross cut marblewood grain is very cool. The yellow and green sections of the two tone ziricote unit have a neat effect due to the grain of the wood being dyed, I guess? I'm really curious how @funkyjunky does these multicolored units--if you just apply some dye and it seeps into the wood where it will or if its more controlled than that. Either way, to my eye those colors contrast nicely with the dark color of the ziricote wood, but complements the ribbon of lighter wood on the side panel.

It’s the p80 mod supply supply, difficulty acquiring them, and that they’re one of a kind works of functional art. The fusion of modern digital tech from the mod and laser cut wood paneling along with the organic uniqueness of the wood is just really beautiful. If I didn't already have one and were in a position to be less picky about aesthetics I'd be bidding at this level 😅. I think its a "to each their own" situation.

Shit Snacks

have a neat effect due to the grain of the wood being dyed, I guess? I'm really curious how @funkyjunky does these multicolored units--if you just apply some dye and it seeps into the wood where it will or if its more controlled than that.

The dyed wood (aka stabilized aka stabwood) are bought already done, then he processes them into units, he does not color the wood himself... Only the painted units, and the acrylic pour, he does himself... And yeah I'm not sure how controlled it really is, I think when you have multiple colors it helps provide more control, and you choose wood that has a lot of wild grain, because the colors can indeed bring out more of that as you see... that curly maple was pretty yellow so the green had a very interesting effect, my blue orange burl like the other one on auction has a tan color from the burls themselves along with some black... That other one that also had some green color had additional dimensions, but even with one color you can see depending how dark the wood was in the spot where it is, it really has a lot of depth, just like natural wood!

The work that goes into some of these is really commanding of high prices like this, the performance is always top-notch, and it really is an impressive build process and completed device for sure... I don't know if I could pay it that much, but I wouldn't be surprised, and already always expensive anyway for great vape products like this!

average_joe

Hello everyone. Has anyone had issues with the non tracked items? I just emailed Lamart to change the shipping to tracked after reading the website.

"please note that only tracked packages are insured and have the possibility to start an enquiry with delivery services to find the package, in case an uninsured package gets lost the buyer carries the cost"​

I already got the wooden stems shipped, hope they dont get stolen and if they do I hope I can do something.

average_joe,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Hello everyone. Has anyone had issues with the non tracked items? I just emailed Lamart to change the shipping to tracked after reading the website.

"please note that only tracked packages are insured and have the possibility to start an enquiry with delivery services to find the package, in case an uninsured package gets lost the buyer carries the cost"​

I already got the wooden stems shipped, hope they dont get stolen and if they do I hope I can do something.

No, as I said before, I never get tracking, never had issue, over 7 deliveries, 6 years

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Well fellas... I'll be selling mine. I've used it a total of 8 times and it works fantastic... but I'm still grabbing my dynavaps even at home 99% of the time just because it's so quick and easy, and I hate holding onto something that others would love to be using...

I won't be charging 600... but I'll get a half a tank of gas out of the stress i endured from the drop 😆 I'll list it shortly..

But thanks everyone for all the helpful info, this is definitely one of the best battery powered vapes I've used... apparently I just like super simple and fast more than flavor and artistic craftsmanship.. But I have nothing negative to say about this device. It's awesome...

Shit Snacks

Well fellas... I'll be selling mine. I've used it a total of 8 times and it works fantastic... but I'm still grabbing my dynavaps even at home 99% of the time just because it's so quick and easy, and I hate holding onto something that others would love to be using...

I won't be charging 600... but I'll get a half a tank of gas out of the stress i endured from the drop 😆 I'll list it shortly..

But thanks everyone for all the helpful info, this is definitely one of the best battery powered vapes I've used... apparently I just like super simple and fast more than flavor and artistic craftsmanship.. But I have nothing negative to say about this device. It's awesome...

It is funny, because I don't use mine for the flavor or artistry really (that's the reason to collect them lol) but for me it is 99% of the time using at home for the exact reason that it is quick and easy for me! I find dynavap style far less convenient for me, but they are also so different, if you like something then I guess stick with it, but if you want to get into something new, you have to focus on using just it in order to really get the most out of it in the best ways, based on my experience with so many different vapes at once :lol: :tup:

checkyourlibido

Wow, I just clicked through on that as well. That messing with my mind that the buyer would have to absorb the cost of a lost package. Especially now with the auctions going for CHF 600 and 650!!! I've never even had CHF, I don't want to lose that much!!!

I'm definitely getting insured shipping from now on.

Poolride

I paid for a number of items untracked on June 19. Realized on looking at the order that it’d never shown as being sent.

Wrote Funky a few days ago and got this one word reply in explanation “refunded” …Was the sale only for those who scored a T80?

The interaction has me feeling a bit gaslit (Grasshoppered?). That being said there was nothing I really needed.

Just as an aside if you’re thinking of buying a whip for this or any other vape the handmade whip they sell is beautiful - highly recommend it!

attackpoints

I like the look of lamart whips a lot but what's the cleaning process like? I tend to replace my plain tubing rather than go through a cleaning process. Obviously wouldn't be an option here. Is it okay to just soak?

Edit: posted last night so I'm sure its gone by now, but nice to see one priced so low. [H] Tetra P80 with stems [W] PayPal 365

Last edited:

Ralph

Hey guys. I'm about to receive my tetra p80 I bought off the classifieds today and just ordered the glass WPA adapter from Lamart. I would like to buy an additional battery or 2 and wanted your guys recommendation for the best batteries for these and a charger. Price is not an issue. Just want to buy once and cry once. Any recommendations?

Shit Snacks

Does it cost much more to have the package tracked ?

I don't remember, but it's listed on the site, not much difference, like 17 CHF versus 24 CHF maybe?

Wrote Funky a few days ago and got this one word reply in explanation “refunded” …Was the sale only for those who scored a T80?

There must have been some miscommunication, about exactly what the issue was with your order...?

I like the look of lamart whips a lot but what's the cleaning process like? I tend to replace my plain tubing rather than go through a cleaning process. Obviously wouldn't be an option here. Is it okay to just soak?

You wouldn't want to soak it because of the wrap, he would have to fill the inside of the whip (I'm not sure it would harm the wrap, but I sure as hell would not soak it that way or try to remove the tubing from the wrap myself)

Edit: posted last night so I'm sure its gone by now, but nice to see one priced so low. [H] Tetra P80 with stems [W] PayPal 365

Oh nice, yeah this one only has one lamart stem, smoked nub that probably came with it, exotic wood but in the old box style without drum so that makes it a bit cheaper as well, includes a whip adapter and short plain splinter stem it looks like...

Hey guys. I'm about to receive my tetra p80 I bought off the classifieds today and just ordered the glass WPA adapter from Lamart. I would like to buy an additional battery or 2 and wanted your guys recommendation for the best batteries for these and a charger. Price is not an issue. Just want to buy once and cry once. Any recommendations?

Molicell P26A or P28A, from 18650batterystore.com, with whatever external charger there, I think this was already asked here very recently in fact...?

Did you score the curly mango TP80?? Love that one... By the way you can use any male to male adapter as a WPA, you don't have to wait for the one from Lamart, they're easy to find most anywhere and use with rimmed basket screens

Top Bottom