Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What is everyone's favorite method of cleaning the sides of the heater where plant material gets stuck? It's pretty disappointing seeing it build up. How about the heater screen itself? Is it safe to lightly scrub with a q tip and some iso?

You can try using a vacuum, there is some method that was detailed earlier, perhaps in the original tubo thread, to clean the inside... I prefer to be much more careful with loading, yes I'm always using it upside down now, but even before I would always take the first hit upside down to seat the load, if it's really a problem you can try using the cap screen so that way nothing can fall out, but if you just pack a bowl and then flip the stem upside down into the tetra, it's going to get your heater area very messy very quick...

I use a small can of compressed air with short bursts of the air itself just be gentle.

Yeah, do not do that, compressed air contains bitterents and other additives that may be toxic, sorry if you ruined your TP80...

Last edited:

Poolride

Funky said that he simply uses the tip of his little finger to press the herb firmly into the packed bowl. And I’ve found that works fine!

Before using the T80 I’ll gently blow into the heater to loosen any debris that might be there from the night before and if necessary use the small Vapman brush to free debris from the heater.

Shit Snacks

Sorry I didn’t know about the issues with using compressed air.

No need to apologize, I'm just sorry you didn't know that before trying to use it! There are air compressors to use actual fresh air, but yeah stay away from canned air for use in anything you will be inhaling with/from

farmerpalmersnt

I tamp mine down. Still happens unless I use capsules, which is not tasty. No amount of paintbrushes or blowing will shift it. I am an extremely heavy user admittedly but I think it's an extremely poor design flaw to have a convex screen that traps bits of herb to slowly combust tbh.

I'll await the bashing from the evangelists but I don't see how it can be excused really.

passenger

is this thing on?
life of brian monthy python GIF

:D
Edit: Fun aside - no bashing from me. I think it could be possible to insert a bigger screen like the size of a Vapbong screen on top of the heater cage to give it a bit of particle protection. Might be worth a try? Or use a JHook and the device upside down?

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

I think an additional screen would suck a lot of heat and impact draw a lot. I don't like using the basket screens or capsules as it just doesn't perform as well. And I'm definitely not keen on using it upside down. I've tried and it's just annoying.

I want to be able to use my nice wood stem as intended without it gathering a ton of ABV in inaccessible crevices but doesn't look achievable without fitting a fine washer or something to cover the ABV graveyard crevice....

Flavour and hits are great. Much better than the old unit I had and definitely preferred to my tinymight (although that's still definitely my portable/out and about vape). But this does irritate the hell out of me.

Only solution I can think of is a thin washer with an L profile, so it pushes down into the gap. Would secure the screen and cover the edge.

farmerpalmersnt,

Razhumikin

I think an additional screen would suck a lot of heat and impact draw a lot. I don't like using the basket screens or capsules as it just doesn't perform as well. And I'm definitely not keen on using it upside down. I've tried and it's just annoying.

I want to be able to use my nice wood stem as intended without it gathering a ton of ABV in inaccessible crevices but doesn't look achievable without fitting a fine washer or something to cover the ABV graveyard crevice....

Flavour and hits are great. Much better than the old unit I had and definitely preferred to my tinymight (although that's still definitely my portable/out and about vape). But this does irritate the hell out of me.

Only solution I can think of is a thin washer with an L profile, so it pushes down into the gap. Would secure the screen and cover the edge.
I mean, its been said a million times, but i never ever have this problem because i only use my vape either upside down or angled in a way where the debris wont fall on the heater. Its really not difficult to hold your vape at an angle while you hit it, and it saves you all of that frustration and cleaning time.

farmerpalmersnt

I vape at an angle as it is. Once it's been vaped and you put the vape down it drops into the crack of doom. Holding it at an uncomfortable angle and never putting it down on its base with vaped flower in it just isn't a solution.

farmerpalmersnt,

Razhumikin

I vape at an angle as it is. Once it's been vaped and you put the vape down it drops into the crack of doom. Holding it at an uncomfortable angle and never putting it down on its base with vaped flower in it just isn't a solution.
Just take the stem out between hits...

Razhumikin,
Reactions: BigJr48

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Giotto Rocket might work... I use them to blow stuff from the cracks of electronics and stuff all the time. Haven't tried it for the TP80.... but if the nozzle fits in there you could squeeze the ball, place the nozzle down in there, release the ball, use it to suck the particle instead of blow...

Wish I would've thought to try it for y'all while I had the tp80 here...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
although I tried the glass symphony long time ago, this tetra is really the gs mini version of it.. the 4 tubes are hot and have a large volume... wooden stem high temp fast draw..(maybe it'll give good abv with glass wpa too, have to try..)

It’s really more of a miniature Verdamper.

Poolride

When using the wood stems the stainless steel capsules from VGoodiez or the gold plated capsules from Sneaky Pete’s (for some reason only available at his Canadian store) defuse heat much better than the basic capsules and are definitely worth buying.

GoldenBud

HI @GoldenBud ,is the video in normal speed or fast forward? I'm not a water type of guy when I vape... I prefer it dry with the jhook upside down. , whip or just stem ...
normal, very fast draw, afraid to combust @ 240C....
the last thing I want is combust with my tetra/tubo. i learned so much how to use them.... I'll feel fail if I combust :lol:

checkyourlibido

I would be wary of using any stem that expands that much. I have plenty of wooden stems i use with the p80 and that has never been a problem, just a sinple twist should be enough to get it out.
I was thinking that while it might work out fine for some people. There are others that it might cause some issues with the TP80 because of the expansion.

I'm thinking twice about ordering a wood stem for my TP80.

checkyourlibido,

GoldenBud

sometimes the wooden wpa needs a swig to get out, lol, just do it gently and the glass is very thick nothing will happen to it.. it's not like it's a short glass that can get kicked out.. it's held well

GoldenBud,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

I’m not knocking you or discounting that it happens, but it seems like it’s something in the way you use your vape as this isn’t an issue for me. Again, I am not one who strictly uses my tp80 upside down. I don’t want to speak for him, but his posts on Reddit suggest funky isn’t, either.

I don’t even tamp my bowls as I don’t want to restrict airflow. I straw suck to load a basket screen (I don’t notice any taste issues with these either, what are you doing as an alternative? Exclusively stem packing or only using a wooden stem? I’m not a big fan of the wooden stem at least in short as it gets too hot, and I’m not a fan of the capsules either). I do take the first hit inverted as I said, and then it’s fine.

Are you hitting through water or something where backpressure is an issue if you don’t remove the stem to clear the hit? It just seems like you’re doing something very different than the rest of us to have such a big issue with crumbs of plant matter falling down into the joint in the first place, much less then to not be able to remove them with a puff of air :hmm:

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Poolride

farmerpalmersnt

I am toking a lot of old school sativa which is less cohesive and had a tendency to drop whole calyxes through the grinder so possible that is a factor. That said I suspect it really is more a matter of consumption rate. I really do go through a lot. I'll burn through 4 18650s a day without fail pretty much. I'll bet anyone would get a certain amount dropping down given time without capsules.

But no, other than that rarely through a water piece (when I do it's upside down). Just standard wood stem, glass insert with amaze cooler and standard screen. No capsules or baskets.

farmerpalmersnt,
Reactions: Poolride

Shit Snacks

But no, other than that rarely through a water piece (when I do it's upside down). Just standard wood stem, glass insert with amaze cooler and standard screen. No capsules or baskets.

This was part of why I hate those wood stems, because they don't have a regular bowl and basket screen, the load does not stay in well, also yes you do want a more consistent grind so when you take the first hit upside down it will then stay put when you flip it again for your regular use... Still could get the occasional small crumb, but far less likely this way, yeah my OCD requires me to use it upside down regardless with my stems, for convenience most often using WPA with a hook or water piece however... You could try to get a screen set up yourself to put extra protection there, there must be a reason Ralph makes them this way, I agree it is not one of the more secure heater screens, although the way it is formed now it does fully protect the heater, it leaves even more of a gap than previous builds, though those were not perfect either... In fact most vapes with this type of design aren't perfect, it is often an unfortunate trade off with this style of standard connection glass joints.

Top Bottom