Tetra P80

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
ah let me correct this as well:

the rounded cuts on the acrylic pouring are called "live hinge". for a change thats not a word i made up for something lost in translation, hah, its used in the laser cutter lingo. "live edge" refers to the actual living edge of a wood piece that is let more or less unworked and is left as aesthetic enhancment in the final piece. its difficult to do for the tetras but i tried in the past with some amboyna burls.

GoldenBud

my unit's weight is 182.00gr (without battery) .. i wonder which tetra is the most heavy one.. probably the cocobolo one or so..
damn @ 235c ... so powerful
abv
tetrabv2.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

My dude your device is dazzling…. Judging by the abv, after the hits at 335 on the bascet screen, I would think your p80 might be on the low side of resistance....but that's just in our minds, because you can turn it up a "notch"....
Outstanding vape neighbor..... enjoy it ...
wooden stem + fast draw and 235c do the magic, and the ABV look different than @ShayWhiteGrow slow draw glass WPA @ 245c....will try 245c another day ;) (but the clouds at 245c look insane i'm waiting to try it...)

(checked in a dark room :whoa: my coils almost slightly glow at 260c, so it's calibrated)
and thanks bro, it's a beast... the additional tube+coil is important... more clouds:less battery spent ratio...

passenger

is this thing on?
My screen died on my backup unit that I barely used. It still worked, but of course I couldn't navigate the settings anymore. Contacted funkyjunky and he immediately responded and will get it fixed at a reasonable price. That is great service, and highly appreciated! My regular unit sees daily use and it works and looks like day one. For me it's the pinnacle of regulated portable vaporizers and it's good to know it will be fixed if anything happens.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
My screen died on my backup unit that I barely used. It still worked, but of course I couldn't navigate the settings anymore. Contacted funkyjunky and he immediately responded and will get it fixed at a reasonable price. That is great service, and highly appreciated! My regular unit sees daily use and it works and looks like day one. For me it's the pinnacle of regulated portable vaporizers and it's good to know it will be fixed if anything happens.
Had my very first mod start to do this recently, a second gen Eleaf Aster w/AF loaded on it, the screen has slowly faded over the past two months after about 6yrs of total use. Still powers a vape, just can’t see the screen. Hopefully there will be mods down the line that are compatible with our TP80s when the supply eventually dries up.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
ah let me correct this as well:

the rounded cuts on the acrylic pouring are called "live hinge". for a change thats not a word i made up for something lost in translation, hah, its used in the laser cutter lingo. "live edge" refers to the actual living edge of a wood piece that is let more or less unworked and is left as aesthetic enhancment in the final piece. its difficult to do for the tetras but i tried in the past with some amboyna burls.

Ah yes @Vaporific live hinge is what the full rounded drum cut out style is called for the acrylic pour poplar TP80 you have! Thanks Ralph, I knew I was slightly off, but there was a reason I was remembering that term as I was so close lol live hinge accurate name!

So next time you could get an acrylic poor unit that has flat side panels like mine, with those cut outs, or you can get the drum fully rounded with those cutouts if you get a natural hardwood unit next time :tup:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
This stem with these colors looks opulent. Beautiful unit!
Thanks! Accessories were restocked over the winter while Ralph was on a long holiday break and I was itching to buy the short bendy stem - and I thought the amber color would match. I like the short bendy stem too, better than the longer skinnier stem (which has one of those horns on it so you don’t burn your fingers when removing the hot stem, which I love, but enjoy the shorter one - and my tank stems - more). I’m a big native user.

Ah yes @Vaporific live hinge is what the full rounded drum cut out style is called for the acrylic pour poplar TP80 you have! Thanks Ralph, I knew I was slightly off, but there was a reason I was remembering that term as I was so close lol live hinge accurate name!
All the design description options are coming together, and I appreciate everyone’s input! I won’t devolve the thread further and look forward to perhaps one day work with Ralph on a custom. Suffice it to say my 9+ old prebuilt still works like new, and boy does it work. It never disappoints! This is as close to a desktop I have in terms of portables, and I don’t yet own a desktop. The heater on this thing is unreal and so powerful. A much different signature than my Tinymight, which is no slouch either. Cheers! :peace:

Shit Snacks

And mine just arrived today! Absolutely stunning in person, the look and the feel as well, so soft, it has a bit more heft, but very nicely rounded all over, quite a different experience compared to the acrylic poured and painted poplar plywood versions... I'll have to take more photos at other angles with the flash, I only used the flash on the drum side below, simply incredible:
PXL-20220705-215219791.jpg

PXL-20220705-215311642.jpg

PXL-20220705-215407161.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Working well for the first bowl, I took the first few hits in this Good Vibes Boro 19/19 WPA through right angled spiked hook from GenesisGlass on DHgate, smooth flavorful clouds cruising at 365f and 380f, before turning it up to 395f and 425f to finish through water (with color matching):
PXL-20220705-222351824.jpg

Later had another nice bowl with my cobalt dotted tank, few hits at 365f, then 380f, then 395f, and 410f to finish... fresh cut wood still breaking in, though I am keeping everything pristine (upside down of course) and the vapor quality is lovely, with some nice white cherry cheesecake herbs...

@Shit Snacks I tried to snag that one, now I know who got it! It was one of my top picks. Glad it's in good hands, it's beautiful, enjoy!

Thanks my dude, it was my top choice in the end, @ShayWhiteGrow beat me to it in the cart when the drop began, but was hit with slow connection check out problems, so I went through without any issues thanks to selecting the bank transfer option (didn't pay until it was confirmed mine, had the option to pay by credit card then too, but I actually did the transfer without any issue)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

There was one unit that reminded me of money's water lillies, and the one you have reminds me of van gogh's starry night. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks yeah that was the other blue dyed boxelder burl, with orange and that one also had some green, seemed like a lighter blue too, very pretty, that one was in my final decision list as well of course! I'm just not such a fan of green generally lol but blue and orange are like my favorite colors (so is purple now)

Beautiful @Shit Snacks ... Indeed, with simpler shipping option, you received it very quickly in Cali ... Enjoy it
Cheers

Thanks you too! Yeah this is a perfect example of why I always choose that cheapest shipping option without the tracking, my very first OG Tubo arrived in LA after only like 8 days? This one arrived almost as fast, most of them take less than 2 weeks, during the height of the pandemic it became 3 to 4 weeks however... I remember early on some people who had gotten tracking had the delivery take longer than some who got it without lol just a fluke case, I know people on the East Coast get it faster than people on the West Coast...

Hard to believe that was a prebuilt too. Talk about a masterpiece and @attackpoints artistic references above. The prebuilts are getting even better - amazing! Enjoy @Shit Snacks ! :peace:

Right?? I really like going for the pre-built instead of a custom, because it is easier to choose from things already made instead of imagining all the possibilities, especially with wood and acrylic you never know how an individual one is going to turn out, and with so many options there's always several that feel like perfect builds that would have been like a custom for me anyway lol

Those photos on Instagram leading up to the drop were truly a burlesque show, so much insanely beautiful dyed woods and such lovely natural woods too! That is why I knew I could not resist yet again as in the past the few units Ralph made in the style always caught my eye... I'm sure the next batch is going to be incredible, I will resist though :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Totally, with the acrylics especially you can find a lot of painting similarities, but there's something special about the dyed burl truly, it helps accentuate the crazy things the wood is already doing naturally? I have already imagined a world within mine, bird's eye view of a wild map with many different lands intertwined with broad deep seas amid mysterious firelands and darkness pools where monsters seem to originate... Yes I just used my TP80, what of it?!? :lol::brow::ko:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Totally, with the acrylics especially you can find a lot of painting similarities, but there's something special about the dyed burl truly, it helps accentuate the crazy things the wood is already doing naturally? I have already imagined a world within mine, bird's eye view of a wild map with many different lands intertwined with broad deep seas amid mysterious firelands and darkness pools where monsters seem to originate... Yes I just used my TP80, what of it?!? :lol::brow::ko:
Damn it Snacks, you’re gonna make me pull out the TP80’s tonight so I can do some time traveling too. Just when I thought my new TetraX was getting it’s debut tonight.

attackpoints

I completely agree about the dyed burls, I'm glad I'm not the only one that stares at the grain like that haha

to be fair, I like a lot of the acrylic pours too but with the woods you're seeing the product of nature and time

focalforlife

And mine just arrived today! Absolutely stunning in person, the look and the feel as well, so soft, it has a bit more heft, but very nicely rounded all over, quite a different experience compared to the acrylic poured and painted poplar plywood versions... I'll have to take more photos at other angles with the flash, I only used the flash on the drum side below, simply incredible:
PXL-20220705-215219791.jpg

PXL-20220705-215311642.jpg

PXL-20220705-215407161.jpg
Thats the one I was really going for!!! Congrats!! It sure is a nice unit! Use in Great Health and Spirit!!

You Also got a beauty @Shit Snacks

There was one unit that reminded me of money's water lillies, and the one you have reminds me of van gogh's starry night. Hope you enjoy it!
Starry Night is a good depiction! Sounds like this was one popular design.

Top Bottom