Tetra P80

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I couldn't find your photo because I didn't feel like skimming through the thread, but do you have one that is all square? That has nothing to do with the pattern of the wood itself

Crosscut just describes how the marble wood was cut, why it looks the way it does, with the grain.

Yeah the barrel rounded heaters were innovated several drops ago, that is what Ralph calls the drum style although it seems to be more like the new standard these days

Yeah you can skim through all the different ones he made in the past, there is no limited number, it is just the drum barrel rounded which by the way adds to the total cost of the TP80 for those that are thinking there is a huge price hike, he barely makes them the square way for the prebuilts now so most are more expensive...

Structurally, only the hardwoods can be fully rounded, curved, with the three panels, most of the cutout s are just that simple long skinny oval that I like and got with mine, but there have been a few others in the past, including no cutout at all if you skim through photos...

The acrylic units, make the three panels into more of a hexagon octagon type shape, since the poplar plywood cannot be rounded the same way as the hardwoods... zigzag cutouts were common in past acrylics too... However the newer acrylics do wrap around fully rounded now, with the live edge crazy cutout that you've seen with more recent acrylics...

So there are quite a few options structurally you see, I've seen more cutout options for the square versions, but he can basically do anything you want if you send him a custom design for laser cutouts or any inlay design too...

And yes you can get any color, any wood you want, the one you were talking about, that is dyed box elder burl, stabilized wood, one of the more expensive options, the acrylic and painted poplar wood are a cheaper way to get whatever color you want though it is of course not the same natural wood look per se?

Burl is also the most expensive type of wood option of course, these units like the marble wood, were able to be cheaper, by just having the stab wood around the drum, some of them only two panels not even all three, although the marble wood was also exotic (and you see the price depends on the color of the mod as well, blue adds no extra cost, red or silver adds $5, black or bronze adds $15)

Does that all make sense?? The custom options in the drop-down don't have everything so I'm not sure you can find all this there, you will have to email with him to get specific of course...

From the first drop I think there were 15 custom slots, then four left for the second drop, I think it was still 15 total but it may have been more... And the number of pre-built, should have been able to count before when they were all listed... Sorry it was like 60 I don't know lol
And I thought you were just a glass guy. You know your woods too :brow: Perhaps I’ll PMyou to find out more. A bit more to learn about this wonderful P80 vaporizer. Here’s mine again - which I absolutely love and kicks butt! The front has the long thin cutouts which I like. I’d do something different there with a custom:

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And I thought you were just a glass guy. You know your woods too :brow: Perhaps I’ll PMyou to find out more. A bit more to learn about this wonderful P80 vaporizer. Here’s mine again - which I absolutely love and kicks butt! The front has the long thin cutouts which I like. I’d do something different there with a custom:

Haha yeah I actually learned more about wood (vapes and types) before I began learning more about glass again, hey its still quarantine lockdown somewhere!

Yeah so what you have is the poplar plywood with the acrylic pour, the newer design with the fully rounded live edge cut out. When I was getting my custom one, that had just become an option, but I chose to have the hexagonal octagonal panels (which can not be curved with the plywoods only the hardwoods) for mine so I can rest it on the table sideways like I do with my OG fully rectangular TP80, though it is not as stable...

If you are getting an exotic custom hardwood, he can make it any which way, fully rounding the panels or keeping them flat, as drum or OG rectangular style... Definitely a nicer feeling held in hand!

Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: Vaporific

Vaporific

the newer design with the fully rounded live edge cut out.
I believe this answers my question :D Live edge cutout is a good way to describe it since I just didn’t know…

Definitely a nicer feeling held in hand!
…and this is in part the reason I asked :science: I’d be curious if there are any standard cuts on that edge or can anything be done on it. I truly love my P80 and the edge cutouts I would change if I could. I’m a native user and would enjoy something different there (and of course a completely different scheme and colors).

I hope you’re not still in lockdown. I am not. :peace:

Vaporific,
I have been putting my unit through it’s paces this weekend and it totally blows my expectations away. Love the different modes and how customizable they are and can be used, the warm up mode has been treating me well and temp stepper was fun with a big bowl through water. Heat up time for on demand is great, have been giving it like a 10 second soak then pulling, first hit is a little lighter then nice thick hits and clears it faster that any of my other portables, was surprised I was still getting nice hits running it at 170c.

Re: the battery discussion, I know it’s only been one weekend use but I’ve been using my molicel p26 that I use with my AF waxpens and they seem to perform well, have a bunch already so it’s nice to see they’re gonna work and I can basically have a fresh one on hand at all times lol 8 battery charger for the win!

I love that S&B caps work with the wooden stems and I’m really pleasantly surprised at the cooling the spiky/amaze stems provide. Got a medium and a short stem, the medium is perfect for ripping around the house/in bed with a comfortable temp on my throat. The short one gets a little warm on the lips after the third rip which isn’t really surprising, but it seems like the perfect length for having out and about for one or two big rips at a time.

I do bump the temp up 10 degrees C using the caps and it performs/tastes what I would expect for 10 degrees lower. To me this makes sense on a convection vape, I do the same thing with my v3 pro using the caps, gotta bump the temp up since the metals gonna absorb some of it. I think since the S&B devices use a bit of hybrid heating and the metal caps transfer that well you don’t have to worry about messing with the temp.

Using the caps and bumping the temp up gives me really consistent abv, like perfectly even abv vs a little bit of spotting with the screens if I don’t rotate my device in relation to the screen every hit or so. I think the caps absorbing some of the heat/making me bump the temp up also helps even out the distribution of the heat and cook the sides a little better than the baskets.

Edit: My only complaint is the 14/18mm water adapter, the glass screen really restricts the airflow, worse than any device I’ve ever used. I honestly almost thought no air was getting through at first. It performed ok but doesn’t seem ideal, just wondering if this is common or maybe the one I got has a blast screen where the holes are closed?

All to say I love everything about this device, it’s like a beautiful work of art that can vape just about any way I could want and ticks all the boxes I could want out of a potable. This is seriously the device S&B should have put out instead of the mighty plus. I feel like my mighty still has its place, as do my other portables, but this does what all of them do and does it better. The only reason I’m gonna use other devices is so I don’t wear out the buttons on this lol thank god for replaceable batteries, I really hope this device last me a long time.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and happy Independence Day to all my American vapers!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I believe this answers my question :D Live edge cutout is a good way to describe it since I just didn’t know…

Yeah I think that is what Ralph calls it, if you look up live edge, that is also something else using the bark of the wood, that is pretty awesome!

…and this is in part the reason I asked :science: I’d be curious if there are any standard cuts on that edge or can anything be done on it. I truly love my P80 and the edge cutouts I would change if I could. I’m a native user and would enjoy something different there (and of course a completely different scheme and colors).

Yeah so I've also seen the plane drum three panels on a hardwood TP80 with floral cutout on each panel as well... Like I said he can do it really anything you want too!

I see you have a blue P80, with your acrylic pour live edge drum tetra, I think the silver and bronze mods look really classy, especially with the natural wood or even dyed wood...

I hope you’re not still in lockdown. I am not. :peace:

Oh haha Yeah I was joking because I don't want to leave my house as if I am still observing the lockdown for the past years, although it can be serious in some places I know

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vaporific

Vaporific

I see you have a blue P80, with your acrylic pour live edge drum tetra, I think the silver and bronze mods look really classy, especially with the natural wood or even dyed wood...
Mine was a prebuilt so I didn’t have a choice with the P80. I was initially not thrilled with it but I’ve come to like the blue. The vape just works and it works all too well, which is the main thing! I would want a different color should I get a second one. All good though! :peace:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
the custom build item on the shop shows a few things in pictures. think you want to know what the cutout pattern on the drum is. its the "crevice" design.

drumheaterstyles-1200x1200.jpg

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Calvin_Fischoeder that’s unfortunately to be expected with those glass-filtered WPAs. Instead of the entire bore of the adapter its just got those little holes in the honeycomb screen for air to travel through, so there is quite a bit of added restriction. I still like mine through water, but I use a different wpa with a metal screen through a j hook. They're dirt cheap on amazon/dhgate if you poke around, though.

@Calvin_Fischoeder that’s unfortunately to be expected with those glass-filtered WPAs. Instead of the entire bore of the adapter its just got those little holes in the honeycomb screen for air to travel through, so there is quite a bit of added restriction. I still like mine through water, but I use a different wpa with a metal screen through a j hook. They're dirt cheap on amazon/dhgate if you poke around, though.
Gotcha, yeah it seems like a good idea but too much glass, not enough holes for air travel. It does still work so can’t really complain and the normal 18/18 or 14/18 adapters I have work well with the baskets, glad to hear it wasn’t just me feeling it was restricted.

Seriously, that’s my only complaint with the device/accessories I have besides all the wood stems are so beautiful I wanna buy them all, I feel like this device could hurt my wallet lol

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I'm really liking the tank over the bendy, but now I'm wanting to try a micro when they come back in stock.... Got extra batteries ordered as well.

I'm pretty satisfied with the TP80 for home use and my dynavaps for outdoor/away use... now I can go a couple more years without needing another vape 😆

The true true test will be after the honeymoon phase, right now I'm only grabbing for the TP80 at home... but In a few weeks let's see if that continues. I'll say the TP80 does have better flavor no doubt... but I can fully extract a load, and get high, faster with my dynavaps.... maybe that changes with more practice with the TP80 though... And either way, sometimes a longer session is preferred!!

Pro/cons with everything, but I think these compliment each other nicely....

GoldenBud

The true true test will be after the honeymoon phase, right now I'm only grabbing for the TP80 at home... but In a few weeks let's see if that continues. I'll say the TP80 does have better flavor no doubt...
another level of taste ... while heating the dynavap the herb inside of the tip gets oxidized and the terps are being "cooked" before you inhale...

i tried taking pics with x60 magnifying glass, i like these air pockets ..
wengetetra.jpg

Poolride

Hey just a heads up for anyone looking for a Tetra P80.

One just landed on FrientExchange; appears to be an older (squared off rather than rounded) model, possibly in oak or pine, with a piece symbol for sale at $525 with two glass stems.

Shit Snacks

Hey just a heads up for anyone looking for a Tetra P80.

One just landed on FrientExchange; appears to be an older (squared off rather than rounded) model, possibly in oak or pine, with a piece symbol for sale at $525 with two glass stems.

That is actually a basic plywood, I think poplar even, perhaps pine or birch, older for sure, and cheaper originally, this one is at like a $150 profit or even more perhaps... Probably a custom with the laser sign? Only a little extra for that, the stems and battery

Dr. G

Old Resident
well...on their site there are two. You have to bid???????????? LOL! WTF...I am happy with what I have. I thought you could just buy one and be done with it. Also, where was that letter that we are suppose to get when they went on sale? I never got one....ha.

Dr. G,

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
well...on their site there are two. You have to bid???????????? LOL! WTF...I am happy with what I have. I thought you could just buy one and be done with it. Also, where was that letter that we are suppose to get when they went on sale? I never got one....ha.

What?

....ohh that's different...

Last edited:
WoodVillain,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Yeah this bidding thing must have gone up in the past few hours. I was on the site earlier looking at stems, saw the new to me bottle openers, but did not see these units for bid. My pockets and needs for another aren’t deep enough for a bid process like this. And maybe check your spam folder, a notice about the last drop, and re-drop did in fact go out. And there was lots of notice here as well.

CanikUser19,

Dr. G

Old Resident
oh I see! So, on the site they are having an auction that goes on for seven days and the vape is already close to $400? Is that how much it usually is? I am uncertain. I would like to have one. But, I can also wait. I am happy with what I have.

Dr. G,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah the bidding system is new. I think the last drop didn’t require immediate payment, right? To avoid the international payment blocked issue I’m sure was Ralph’s thinking, but I suppose a couple of buyers backed out and he didn’t feel like setting up a drop for 2 of them.

Shit Snacks

oh I see! So, on the site they are having an auction that goes on for seven days and the vape is already close to $400? Is that how much it usually is? I am uncertain. I would like to have one. But, I can also wait. I am happy with what I have.

Yeah these are two units that are left over from the last (two) drop I guess, buyers must have fell through, so now he is trying something new again with this new auction it seems... And yes these are both exotic hardwood units, with stabwood drums, 370 CHF starting bid is actually even lower than these two units were going for in the drop...

Vaporific

its the "crevice" design.
Bingo! It’s not so much the accompanying decorative cutouts but the crevice types on the drum edge I was referring to. Thank you for providing this info! We are lucky you participate herein when you can. Much appreciated - and now I’ll be better informed when I want to go for a custom down the road. Cheers and a good week to all.

This is a better edge pic of my awesome prebuilt. I’d choose a different edge crevice design in the future:

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
@GoldenBud dude I'm waiting for a video with your new "tool".... Did I tell you to have beautiful vapors with your new device?
As for the glass adapter ... I liked the little extra resistance it gives, at full open air flow of the p80.... After each use I pinch its glass holes with the tip of the ELEV8 stirrer..

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud dude I'm waiting for a video with your new "tool".... Did I tell you to have beautiful vapors with your new device?
As for the glass adapter ... I liked the little extra resistance it gives, at full open air flow of the p80.... After each use I pinch its glass holes with the tip of the ELEV8 stirrer..
well, i can guarentee that a video with lights ON will come soon, but firstable... clouds! 220c, after warmup + blowing some air into the device so it will be super hot for the video... cheers!

abv-
ABVtetra.jpg

Top Bottom