Tetra P80

Falconflys

Custom P80 never had the winter message. Prebuilt has since the break began. Although I do consider the other message removal as a good sign.

I had a question about Tubo firmware that I hope will also be answered when he returns.
I'm sure someone out here can help with your question about the firmware.

Falconflys,

GoldenBud

Maybe. Basically the source in GitHub can't generate the binary on the lamart site. So I am hoping there is just a branch somewhere that I missed.
what exactly you're trying to do? as far as I can see, the tubo evic github is not updated in the last 4 years, the .bin in lamart's website is like from December 2019

GoldenBud,
Reactions: jasp3r

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
what exactly you're trying to do? as far as I can see, the tubo evic github is not updated in the last 4 years, the .bin in lamart's website is like from December 2019
I have a fork of the firmware that adds some features, so was hoping to get the latest. What you see matches what I see on GH.

This feels a little off topic, so I apologize.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The lot of you using this as a DD or rather on the occasion?

I'd say a DD, for the occasion! It is regularly used for quick one hitter bowls through water for me, more occasional for the dry use I'd say? As I have others I prefer for that

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
The lot of you using this as a DD or rather on the occasion?

It has been my DD since I got it. My log is nice on occasion, but having to turn it on and preheat it doesn't usually jive with the way I like to consume, and I'm not someone using all day every day to want to keep it running 23/7. A dynavap alone gets pulled out every now and then for fun, or if I am going on a bike ride or something similarly active and want some mid-ride vibes.

fangorn

This is my DD...
I'm taking a break because of 2 honeymoons... soon a 3rd... but after less than a month, it's already back in my rotation... the taste is so good, the effects so present... the device so beautiful... the extraction so efficient... I was very happy to find it again...

passenger

is this thing on?
It's one of my DDs since a year now. Always delivers the same perfect performance, tiny amount or bigger load - no hot spots, very even. The device itself never needs to be cleaned if you use it upside down, that helps to be a DD in my book.

PossumMD

It's one of my DDs since a year now. Always delivers the same perfect performance, tiny amount or bigger load - no hot spots, very even. The device itself never needs to be cleaned if you use it upside down, that helps to be a DD in my book.
I mean, there is super minimal cleaning involved if you use it upright either. I blow it out every 10bowls or so. There will be at most, 7 particles that are easily blown out.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Tempted by this for a hiking vape. What's the largest amount you can vape at once?
You can load like 0.5 and get pretty even vaporization, you can load maybe 0.7 if you pack it a bit.
If you looking to use it as one hitter. i can clear 0.1-0.15 in one hit with my TUBOx,so P80 should be able to do it in a breeze.

gordontreeman

Tempted by this for a hiking vape. What's the largest amount you can vape at once?
Quantity wise I don't think you would be upset. You might need to stem pack if you want a lot more than 0.1g, but I find that stem packing still produces a very even bake if you don't really smash it down and restrict the air flow. However, its a costly device with glass internals, so I personally wouldn't want to take it hiking.

passenger

is this thing on?
Quantity wise I don't think you would be upset. You might need to stem pack if you want a lot more than 0.1g, but I find that stem packing still produces a very even bake if you don't really smash it down and restrict the air flow. However, its a costly device with glass internals, so I personally wouldn't want to take it hiking.
Yup. I would't use it for hiking... maybe in a Pelicase? But for out and about butane vapes are so much more convenient. I take my Tetra P80 with me into my vacations but it's more like a stationary vaporizer there.

RedZep

Thanks for the advice everyone. Impressive that it can vape 0.5 evenly. I wasn't aware of the glass internals. So this thing is not a pure portable. More of an easily movable desktop by the sounds of it.

I might be better off with the tinymight then. I just hate the idea of constantly stirring it.

RedZep,

PossumMD

I mean, I pick it up and take it outside, and do throw it in a bag to go to friends houses. But yeah, I dunno if I'd take it camping. Battery life isn't stellar either (can be mitigated cos it features a removable battery, still, I'd consider it annoying if I was hiking). Honestly, the one hike I've done in recent memory, I took a sbjr, and just used that for the four days. Did me well.

PossumMD,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the advice everyone. Impressive that it can vape 0.5 evenly. I wasn't aware of the glass internals. So this thing is not a pure portable. More of an easily movable desktop by the sounds of it.

I might be better off with the tinymight then. I just hate the idea of constantly stirring it.

You might want to do a bit more research, post asking for suggestions in the ask FC section, since we're not supposed to talk about other vapes in one vapes specific thread, yes of course there are glass internals with the tetra and it uses glass stems, though wooden stems are available, and this is a portable, though it is not a rugged one? And by the way the TM also has internal glass and uses glass stems (though yes I do find it more portable and a better option for hiking, and I never stir mine, but I load much less than that for my bowls)

gordontreeman

I should be clear that while not constant, if I stem pack a huge bowl to share with friends I give it a stir at some point even with my p80. Is that necessary? Maybe not strictly, but certainly it makes the color of the avb more even for however useful that metric is.

I use my p80 in mobile scenarios like others described. I put it into a pelican case and take it to e.g. hang with buddies. It’s just not something I’d be super comfortable tossing in my pocket for a long hike in case I fall or something. And I don’t want to flout the rules, but as @Shit Snacks mentioned other vapes you’re thinking about also have glass internals. If you don’t want that it’s probably best to ask for options in ask fc.

Top Bottom