Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A hair dryer also works! I got the long clothes pin holder from Lamart so I could hold stems easily in front of the hair dryer to dry them out, it is also designed so you can hold stems under very hot water to clean them easily, such simple yet great tool :tup:

fangorn

totally agree with @Shit Snacks ...the long leg clothespin has changed my life for cleaning!!!
so simple...so well thought out!!

to follow up on the discussion on stems... i'm expecting 2 reservoirs - which i much prefer to the bendy stem and the j-hook from Lamart... and... i ended up falling for a medium stem made of wood...she looks wonderful!

I've recommended baskets as well...in use I've found that they need to be really snug/shaped...otherwise the airflow is slightly disturbed...
I will take the time to make them "perfect"...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
A hair dryer also works! I got the long clothes pin holder from Lamart so I could hold stems easily in front of the hair dryer to dry them out, it is also designed so you can hold stems under very hot water to clean them easily, such simple yet great tool :tup:
Oven, hair dryer - would a microwave work? I ordered the long clothespins from Lamart a couple of weeks ago along with two new stems. Looking forward to them all soon. It’ll be fun to try something dry other than the tank stem (I have two). I could go through water but I mostly don’t. The fun for me is to find that balance of coolness and vapor going dry, just suits me better. For now :). :peace:

TeaCup

So it turns out you can nearly die from using a TetraX, lol! Please people, for the love of god, please don't be a moron like me.

I use a Lamart long stem without an Amaze cooler in it, and I don't use the straw method for packing my weed. Two nights ago I put an Amaze cooler in the stem and forgot I had it in there. Last night I decided to use the straw method.........why I did that, I have no idea. If you have an Amaze cooler you'll probably understand just how scary what followed can be. I was scared out of my f'ing wits for like 5 or 10 seconds. Not fun, and I feel kinda fortunate that when I fished for it and pulled it out that it didn't tear anything.

Sometimes after something like that you laugh at yourself for doing something so dumb. Yeah, haven't laughed yet, lol. Damn freakin' scary!

passenger

is this thing on?
I have used the TetraP80 solely upside down with a WPA and had in 10 months not a single debris inside the Tetra. No residue either it just stays clean all the time. Never had a drop of performance too. I realize it's been a long time since the last drop, I wonder what they got cooking!

GoldenBud

So it turns out you can nearly die from using a TetraX, lol! Please people, for the love of god, please don't be a moron like me.

I use a Lamart long stem without an Amaze cooler in it, and I don't use the straw method for packing my weed. Two nights ago I put an Amaze cooler in the stem and forgot I had it in there. Last night I decided to use the straw method.........why I did that, I have no idea. If you have an Amaze cooler you'll probably understand just how scary what followed can be. I was scared out of my f'ing wits for like 5 or 10 seconds. Not fun, and I feel kinda fortunate that when I fished for it and pulled it out that it didn't tear anything.

Sometimes after something like that you laugh at yourself for doing something so dumb. Yeah, haven't laughed yet, lol. Damn freakin' scary!
There are some mistakes in life that you only do once. like falling a sleep when driving in the highway or so. what you've mentioned is one of them
Stay safe & vaped!

Vaporific

I had to search for what the Amaze cooler was all about. Yeah, that could be dangerous if inhaled or swallowed! Be careful with that.

Package arrival day today, one from Amazon with one vape-related item (which is wrong, either me or whoever fulfilled the order - I need to check) and one from Lamart. New stems for my P80 and the wooden clips and basket screens (I think he threw in an extra or two):

I need to clean the stems before I use them (with the new wooden clip - hehe). Will report soon on how the new stems work compared to my tank stem (which I really like!). :peace:

EDIT: the Amazon item - 4mm quartz balls for my Tinymight - was correct. They’re a lot smaller - and fewer, lol - than I thought. They’ll be enough for now. Lots of new vape accessories :)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I have a question.. in which ABV color/situation do you stop and clear the bowl? you wait for the brown centered spot? or stopping at yellowish ABV?

GoldenBud,

Vaporific

I have a question.. in which ABV color/situation do you stop and clear the bowl? you wait for the brown centered spot? or stopping at yellowish ABV?
My ABV is moderately brown, not dark roast with my P80. My sessions - and temps - are fairly consistent too: start at 380 or 385F, put it in Cruise, take 3-4 pulls (dry with a stem); repeat later in Cruise with second and final session at 405-415. Wait until the stem cools a bit or use something to hold it to empty it - it’s consistent and no spotting for me.

I used the new bendy spiked (amber) stem above for the first time a couple of nights ago. Very nice. Definitely a more open draw and cooler to the touch when clearing the load. Other than that it’s not much different than the tank stem I’ve been using for 6 months (and the only stem I’ve had for the P80 until now). All good so far. More experimenting this weekend. TGIF to all. :peace:

Shit Snacks

PXL-20220313-023844434.jpg

Got these mini hydra bases in the vapexhale liquidation sale, since they are 14 mm on the top the pinnacle tube fits perfectly, great with the tetra, here with the octa base (the other one is called bomb and has a barrel matrix perc) also got some other new glass I am using with tetra from cheap glass thread

TeaCup

Just about to pull the trigger on a capsule stem for my Stempod Si but then realized there's no basket screen like I'm used to with the Si. I don't wanna use the capsule with the lid, so can someone please tell me approximately how much can be loaded in the capsule w/o the lid on, and also onto the screen at the end of the stem? Are the results better in the capsule w/o the cap or at the end of the stem? Actually, I don't even need the amount (I never measure and I wouldn't even know whatever that amount was)............so just tell me compared to how much you can put in a basket. Thanks.

TeaCup,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think its about the same? The S&B Dosing capsules might be a smidge smaller if you're using the lid, but its pretty close.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: TeaCup

Shit Snacks

I could not get on with the wood stem because it was not the typical basket I was used to so I never use it (hate the capsule)

Shit Snacks,

TeaCup

I think its about the same?
What's the same? The capsule and screen in the stem are the same? The capsule and a basket are the same?

@Shit Snacks @games-loaves0t : What about without the capsule, loading in the screen of the stem?

Edit: Nevermind guys, found this in the thread.............

"weighing the load with my milligram scale gave me 120mg - roughly the same as basket pack capacity."

Last edited:
TeaCup,

gordontreeman

@TeaCup the capsule is close to a basket screen in size but I just took a look and it is a bit smaller. I think just a wooden stem would be about the same as a capsule. Be warned that the short glass stems get preeeeeetty hot so aren’t really my cup of tea. If I could do it over I’d give up on this ever being a vape I’m walking around with and just get one of the larger sizes. Some of the woods are gorgeous.

Edit: no pun was intended with the “my cup of tea” comment 🙂

games-loaves0t

What's the same? The capsule and screen in the stem are the same? The capsule and a basket are the same?

@Shit Snacks @games-loaves0t : What about without the capsule, loading in the screen of the stem?

Edit: Nevermind guys, found this in the thread.............

"weighing the load with my milligram scale gave me 120mg - roughly the same as basket pack capacity."
You can stretch out a basket screen to fit in the wood stem, but I started using a J-Hook from the Oregon Glass Blower (OGB) and never looked back.

gordontreeman

You can stretch out a basket screen to fit in the wood stem, but I started using a J-Hook from the Oregon Glass Blower (OGB) and never looked back.

Which hook did you get? I’m pretty tempted by his work. I’d like something a little more gandalfian in shape I think. Partly I just like the shape, and partly I think it’s kind of neat seeing the display on the p80.

TeaCup

You can stretch out a basket screen to fit in the wood stem
Woah! Nice!

Be warned that the short glass stems get preeeeeetty hot so aren’t really my cup of tea.
Yeah, don't I know, lol! I had my first ever glass accident with my Micro, so I'm looking to replace it with something different, but still want the short form factor with my Si. I found that putting some plumbers tape around the tip helps a ton. I don't really care for anything other than glass, and the plumbers tape does feel a bit like silicone, but since it's not as thick it feels better than silicone.

Thank you guys! I think I'm gonna take a chance on the short stem, wanna get my Si back in rotation, I think it's underrated. It chugs very well for me.

gordontreeman

You might consider one of the little dynavap tip adapter things (edit: one of https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/dynavap-fat-mouthpiece) instead of plumbers tape, but I honestly have no idea what that is. If it’s safe for this application right on.

I honestly think a basket screen is too deep for the wooden stems unless you take out the screen that’s already inserted. I would just use that and give it a light tamp to hold it in the same as you would with a basket screen.

gordontreeman,

games-loaves0t

Which hook did you get? I’m pretty tempted by his work. I’d like something a little more gandalfian in shape I think. Partly I just like the shape, and partly I think it’s kind of neat seeing the display on the p80.
I got the below J-Hook from OGB. This one has the cooling spikes, which helps me to better control my draw speed along with cooling. It’s a pricey piece of glass but Mike does high quality work. That said, there are also less expensive options and a J Hook thread on FC that highlights new and potentially interesting options.

TeaCup

You might consider one of the little dynavap tip adapter things (edit: one of https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/dynavap-fat-mouthpiece) instead of plumbers tape, but I honestly have no idea what that is. If it’s safe for this application right on.

I honestly think a basket screen is too deep for the wooden stems unless you take out the screen that’s already inserted. I would just use that and give it a light tamp to hold it in the same as you would with a basket screen.
I have one of those tips, don't like it at all. It's basically like a big fat piece of silicone and to me it just feels like I'm sucking on a big piece of plastic.

Plumbers tape.....................

TeaCup,

gordontreeman

Yeah I guess if it works for you. I might have to snag something like that or the dyna tip if I ever want to try to use this stem for hiking or some such.

I have been using the multi-size wpa a lot lately with just the glass screen and loving it. Not using the basket screen gets the glass joints dirtier quicker, but I have enough that it’s not a problem to have one sitting in iso for a while. Also requires a stir imo if you want to get the most out of a larger bowl, but it’s fun for white walling water pieces 🙂

Top Bottom