• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I am wondering why I am not getting much vapor coming from my P80? I am using a screen pack, and have it set at 410F. I am just getting wispy vapor. Could it be I am not letting it heat up enough at the beginning for a on demand session?
From my experience 410 in a basket pack should be a lot more than wispy vapor (even if I feel like my inhale is "ripping it"!). Going higher is definitely an option, of course, but to your point of letting it preheat some are you at all? Have you tried using warm to cruise mode set to 410 (3 clicks, inhale when the lights go green on the side)

@Aryeah just to confirm, are you packing the basket or the joint? Not sure what you mean by “screen pack” but assuming you’re loading a basket?

I never got great results with a joint pack. Basket works much better IMO. You definitely need to turn up the temp for a joint pack. Anyway, I would definitely use warm up to cruise as @gordontreeman suggested. If you just load a fresh bowl, turn it to 410 and immediately start hitting it on demand, I would expect wispy vapor. You really need to get the coils heat soaked for best performance with this vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks, I am doing a longer draw with a medium speed. I topped off my screen, so that might be why it's restricting the air flow through the stem. I'm using a medium grind. I think I'll try it with a higher temperature and 3/4 full screen.

So even with the basket screen completely full, I don't have an issue getting thick hits, like since the airflow is so wide open in the tetra, a tight pack in the basket screen usually yields thick clouds at that setting but you could try turning it up a bit? Depends also what you're using it in, which stem, or WPA in a hook or bubbler... But yeah I think letting it preheat is important, so if you are using it on demand, hold it down for a few seconds before you even begin to inhale, even better if you let it cruise, mine is always cruising and I'm removing it from the stem to clear each hit fully, that way I keep the heater warm for quick thick rips! Using 380-440F

Edit: here is a good example, I did a pretty full bowl, but it was mostly kief from a fresh grind of tangerine sunrise (by poking the teeth of my BCG with a toothpick) and started at 390 through water, and then took another hit at 400F, sorry for the quality:

PXL-20220112-013911208.jpg

Mostly I was showing off how well my new rogue wax works acrylic whip mouthpiece matches my tetra, but then I took another hit at 410 but you can also sort of see below:

PXL-20220112-014154099.jpg

This^ is a pretty nice setup, I love this piece from TAG that I got recently on sale, you can get a code, it is under $90, the whip and the mouthpiece are from Rogue though I had to rig it up a bit with some other whip adapter and sticky brick part and whip piece lol

Anyway I had had one more hit at 420F, normally I would go higher, but I was not looking to right now, I didn't want higher temp extraction, but I got some good cloudy tasty hits... Keep working on that technique!

Last edited:

Likun

Ah yeah I see that shop is gone now, it sucks you were not able to order it much earlier when they were still available! Yeah that hydro tube, with a good mouthpiece, that makes sense, so maybe what about grabbing this hydrobase for it then? You could use the mouthpiece to have one perk or add the tube to have two... Or what about this J hook base, you could put the hydro tube on the lower male joint, and then connect the tetra directly on the higher joint just need a basket screen...??

Alternatively I think this looks like a really nice basic shower head for size and function, should work really well with the tetra and the nano, if you like the color etc?? It is similar to this one from TAG...

I also think this could work very well, reverse shower head, it is similar to this one from thick ass glass and cannabis hardware that works well for flavorful diffusion...

TAG also has these that are more expensive, large matrix inline and straight tube inline, there 30% off available if you sign up email...
Thanks for the options.
I really like the first one regarding use in combination with my hydratube - IF that thing hadn't broken already after just one use! The yingmin hydratube I got is really really fragile. It's already the second one which broke before the second use - the first one broke before my first use by only looking at it. The inner joints are just so so thin. I'm waiting for their response now. If they're willing to ship me even one more I'll get that hydrobase you're recommending, looks like fun to me and I can see it fittin the Tetra quite well.

E: I'm considering just getting this combination https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...6#st1-0-1|2|0|unrerank|newes;stprod|601345012 - should work well with the Tetra I suppose?
Do you by any chance have experience with the 'tree perc' or this one? Maybe this one would be a bit more sturdy than the other perc thingy...

Last edited:
Likun,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the options.
I really like the first one regarding use in combination with my hydratube - IF that thing hadn't broken already after just one use! The yingmin hydratube I got is really really fragile. It's already the second one which broke before the second use - the first one broke before my first use by only looking at it. The inner joints are just so so thin. I'm waiting for their response now. If they're willing to ship me even one more I'll get that hydrobase you're recommending, looks like fun to me and I can see it fittin the Tetra quite well.

D'oh! Always hit or miss on the thick glass and quality of the joints unfortunately, but they have good customer service, should take care of you! I think they will send you whatever you want honestly... Tell them you will leave a nice review

E: I'm considering just getting this combination https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...6#st1-0-1|2|0|unrerank|newes;stprod|601345012 - should work well with the Tetra I suppose?

I actually don't think that one would be as good, with the Matrix, up high like that, I mean I'm not a big fan of that style in general personally, but also the matrix a little too smooth for the tetra I think, a little more stemline or shower head resistance would be better... For the milking, right?

I think this set could be better, the hydro tube is a shower head with some recycler action as well, should hit smooth and be versatile with different water levels and milking capabilities...

Do you by any chance have experience with the 'tree perc' or this one? Maybe this one would be a bit more sturdy than the other perc thingy...

I do not have experience with this particular tree, I have an Evolver HydraTree though and I do not like it as much as the Evolver HydraCirc I got a little while later... I think the Swiss part of it is nice however maybe not worth the trade-off of the tree chug and cleaning etc.

For the second one, SunshineStore is good too, shipping not as fast, and quality could still be a little hit or miss but maybe a bit more reliable overall? I do think their base looks better for sure, but like I said I don't like that matrix top, that one especially looks like the perc is too big...

I think this inline stemline to triple honeycomb one of theirs looks much better although it's more money and apparently maybe a quadruple honeycomb, tricky cleaning not as bad as a tree though maybe:
Screenshot-20220112-022936.png

Yingmin5 also has this recycler tube that I always thought it looked cool, Kenny creator of sticky bricks actually got them to make it with a bent mouthpiece way back when...

But yeah personally I would go with the shower head recycler tube and circ perc base (another listing here seems the same?), see if they will send it without you paying more!

Oh this one is more like the evolver style, simple circ perc, but eh, oh and Lumin88 is the same seller by the way just a different store name, this is there too

Likun

D'oh! Always hit or miss on the thick glass and quality of the joints unfortunately, but they have good customer service, should take care of you! I think they will send you whatever you want honestly... Tell them you will leave a nice review

I actually don't think that one would be as good, with the Matrix, up high like that, I mean I'm not a big fan of that style in general personally, but also the matrix a little too smooth for the tetra I think, a little more stemline or shower head resistance would be better... For the milking, right?

I think this set could be better, the hydro tube is a shower head with some recycler action as well, should hit smooth and be versatile with different water levels and milking capabilities...

I do not have experience with this particular tree, I have an Evolver HydraTree though and I do not like it as much as the Evolver HydraCirc I got a little while later... I think the Swiss part of it is nice however maybe not worth the trade-off of the tree chug and cleaning etc.

For the second one, SunshineStore is good too, shipping not as fast, and quality could still be a little hit or miss but maybe a bit more reliable overall? I do think their base looks better for sure, but like I said I don't like that matrix top, that one especially looks like the perc is too big...

I think this inline stemline to triple honeycomb one of theirs looks much better although it's more money and apparently maybe a quadruple honeycomb, tricky cleaning not as bad as a tree though maybe:
Screenshot-20220112-022936.png

Yingmin5 also has this recycler tube that I always thought it looked cool, Kenny creator of sticky bricks actually got them to make it with a bent mouthpiece way back when...

But yeah personally I would go with the shower head recycler tube and circ perc base (another listing here seems the same?), see if they will send it without you paying more!

Oh this one is more like the evolver style, simple circ perc, but eh, oh and Lumin88 is the same seller by the way just a different store name, this is there too
I'll go for either the yingming shower head or the sunshine honeycomb combination. Both look good imo.
Also those 508phineas stems look awesome - do you know how much they go for?
Maybe I'll have to try again some open airflow regular stem to see how those work compared to the nub.

@games-loaves0t I had a Phineas stem for a bit, but I sold it. Airflow was too wide open for my preference and I found it a bit too harsh on my throat due to the wide straight path. However, I find the P80 to be a bit harsh in general when using dry at the temps I like (400ish). YMMV. I also wasn’t a huge fan of the shorter joint length on the Phineas stem. It’ll work fine with the P80, but keep in mind the herb will be a bit farther away from the heater with this stem.

Shit Snacks

I'll go for either the yingming shower head or the sunshine honeycomb combination. Both look good imo.

Yeah I think you would get more flavor and milking with the yingmin recycler shower head tube, more versatility as well depending how much water you load if you want it to recycle, sort of two in one, well even more than that with the base lol and yeah since you already ordered with them it would be easier for them to send you that as a replacement, might need to pay a little more of the difference though?? The triple honeycomb would probably offer smoother hits, but it may not milk up quite as easily or be as versatile, and could be a bit more annoying to clean is all...

Also those 508phineas stems look awesome - do you know how much they go for?
Maybe I'll have to try again some open airflow regular stem to see how those work compared to the nub.

Oh I don't even like using the nub that much, only low temp spaced out hits, I like the tank better but it is also very restrictive airflow, the new micro cooling stem has much more open air flow but less cooling as a result... I got the pink and purple, I think the full length size go for $42 but the shorter might be a little cheaper, but pink and purple might be a little more expensive than the other colors... Don't forget about shipping and like $3 PayPal fee as well. One of the smaller Phineas stems with the sipper mouth piece would help restrict the airflow a little bit, but it's a shorter path and still pretty open, plus the herb will be farther away since they are 19/19 so they can fit all RBT vapes as well...

Do you have any jayhooks? You could get a spiky one at a reasonable price from the Rogue Wax Works, or spend more on a fancier one from Oregon Glass Blower... O'Connell inception hook is also pretty great option! I find it more enjoyable to use to tetra with a WPA and one of these instead of the various cooling stems honestly

Does anyone know how the cooling is for the 508phineas stems? I got a micro cooling stem from lamart, and I’ve found that it gets pretty hot pretty fast. 185C (slow draw)

You mean the vapor gets hot pretty fast? Or the stem itself? The microcooling stem is pretty wide open flow, so yeah you need a slower draw to kind of control, the heat will get quick if you are taking back to back rips, there should be more cooling with the Phineas stem and those vigreux spikes that point downwards, also you can get one that is longer so that will help further, as long as you are aware of the other differences, could be worth a try? But so is a hook!

games-loaves0t

You mean the vapor gets hot pretty fast? Or the stem itself? The microcooling stem is pretty wide open flow, so yeah you need a slower draw to kind of control, the heat will get quick if you are taking back to back rips, there should be more cooling with the Phineas stem and those vigreux spikes that point downwards, also you can get one that is longer so that will help further, as long as you are aware of the other differences, could be worth a try? But so is a hook!
I've found that the micro cooling stem itself gets hot pretty fast, even with a slower draw. I'm hoping to get one of the bendy-spiked cooling stems from lamart after Ralph gets back from holiday. I heard on the Troy/Jerry show that stem worked pretty well for cooling the vapor from the P80.

Shit Snacks

I've found that the micro cooling stem itself gets hot pretty fast, even with a slower draw. I'm hoping to get one of the bendy-spiked cooling stems from lamart after Ralph gets back from holiday. I heard on the Troy/Jerry show that stem worked pretty well for cooling the vapor from the P80.

Yeah that's the problem I have more with the nub personally, so I think the tank is actually quite good with its design keeping the mouthpiece cool although much more draw restriction... Yeah all of the longer bent stems, the tip stays cool enough, you need to be a little careful with the spikes though, because areas with spikes get very hot, the short bendy spiky stem is nice because it has rings around it as well so you can hold those near the mouthpiece where it stays cool... Especially if you get the longer Phineas stems, you should not have an issue with the mouthpiece getting hot, however yes a good bent stem is best for cooling I always say, right angle bends are even better, which is also why I say a J hook is really the best option regardless! Alternatively I would suggest getting one of the long bent stems or mini J hook from Lamart, with glass beads or the metal a-maze cooler, you might just be amazed...

games-loaves0t

Yeah that's the problem I have more with the nub personally, so I think the tank is actually quite good with its design keeping the mouthpiece cool although much more draw restriction... Yeah all of the longer bent stems, the tip stays cool enough, you need to be a little careful with the spikes though, because areas with spikes get very hot, the short bendy spiky stem is nice because it has rings around it as well so you can hold those near the mouthpiece where it stays cool... Especially if you get the longer Phineas stems, you should not have an issue with the mouthpiece getting hot, however yes a good bent stem is best for cooling I always say, right angle bends are even better, which is also why I say a J hook is really the best option regardless! Alternatively I would suggest getting one of the long bent stems or mini J hook from Lamart, with glass beads or the metal a-maze cooler, you might just be amazed...
Thanks for the suggestions! Is there a J hook that you'd recommend for the P80? I find all of the different glass measurements confusing, and I'm not sure what is compatible with the P80 outside of lamart's website.

games-loaves0t,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the suggestions! Is there a J hook that you'd recommend for the P80? I find all of the different glass measurements confusing, and I'm not sure what is compatible with the P80 outside of lamart's website.

To be compatible with your tetra, all you need is something with 18.8 mm male connection (often referred to as 18 mm or 19 mm) so typically what I am doing is using a male to male adapter, which you can get really anywhere like eBay and Amazon and DHgate or OGB and Rogue have them as well... You just put the rimmed basket screen on one end like you would with the Lamart stems and then the other end goes in the glass piece with standard connection, so it depends what the glass piece size is, you could do 18 to 18 or a lot of hooks available are actually 14 mm... That is all you need to know regarding the measurements, they are standard so it's easy, here are some links!

18-14 male to male adapter (aka 14 mm WPA for Tetra) from Rogue

18-18 "^" from Rogue

18mm female hook from Rogue (You would use the 18-18 above with this one, it is similar to the female mini hook that Lamart sells, small narrow, better cooling if you use glass beads or the amaze cooler with it)

He is sold out of 14 mm hooks, or his modded spiked hooks, etc if you look at what he has available you can watch and see when it's back in stock, usually announced on Instagram... Those $8 adapters can be found on eBay or Amazon or DHgate, but he charges a reasonable price for them, quick shipping too, but that's what you would need, you can buy it anywhere, even locally!

Here he also has a whip set up like Lamart offers although they make nice hand braided ones, the Rogue one is solid and even better if you get his acrylic steel lined whip mouthpiece to match tetra as I posted above or on the previous page...

However this is probably your best bet for a hook right now, it is 14 mm so you would need the first adapter I linked from Rogue, and they are on sale 20% off now! O'Connell inception hook it has it's own unique cooling system of an inner spiked stem inside the larger hook, works pretty well, definitely keeps the mouth piece tip cool and the vapor fairly smooth...

Oh and my favorite way to use a piece like this, is basically keep the 18 to 14 adapter WPA inside the hook, keeping the tetra in cruise, I just remove it from the WPA to clear each hit, like it is a lighter on a pipe.

So then the next level tier would be getting hooks or other such things from Oregon Glass Blower, more expensive, but super thick clear glass, spikes are particularly expensive from him and not that necessary, the multiple right angle bends do a lot for cooling in my experience, he also offers different tubing sizes and mouthpiece styles, you can order something and write in the notes to customize simply or email him though some patience may be required... He also makes the same adapters, pretty much every type of connection imaginable, super thick US glass very even high quality, but much more expensive than the $8 adapters from Rogue which are sourced from China (as will be the ones from eBay and Amazon, and local shops most likely)

That should be plenty to get you started, presuming you are in the USA, otherwise there may be fewer options, sorry!

I will also say to keep an eye on Cloud Connoisseur's upcoming glass line as well, there is a thread for it, we collaborated to design a special type of hook that hopefully will be available by 4/20...

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks, I didn't realize TRWW made glass that could work with P80s. Their customer service is phenomenal! That said, I'd prefer to support local artisans vs. China, so I'll check out the O'Connell or Oregon Glass Blower.

Yeah he does modify some of the pieces he gets from China, and it is solid quality, I do consider him a local artisan even if he is just doing the service of DHgate adapter selling (I believe his are from Phoenix Glass but he may have another supplier) but yeah you cannot compare it with the quality from OGB, more expensive but definitely thick quality US glass! Not sure his shipping speeds these days, O'Connell I'm not sure his source exactly, but I think he would work some stuff himself too at least? Try Vgoodiez too!

Shit Snacks

Can anyone tell me if I can use my Arizer Argo batteries in my Tetra P80 ?

No you cannot, the tetra (and the P80 itself) requires higher amp batteries, Molicell P26A or P28A are the best (Sony VTC6 or VTC5/A or Samsung 25R or 30Q, LG HE4 or HG2 all fine as well) because the Air has just a fraction of the power Tetra is capable of!

Butch

I was thinking of getting a pass thru adapter for my P80 so I don't have to remove vape while hitting my water globe. Any suggestions?

Butch,
Top Bottom