• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've had my P80 longer than most, I think I was in the second batch... since acquisition, I've ran my Molicel's into the ground. Now, I am only getting 1 bowl per battery, and they run out of juice/wont operate below 70%.

Got a bunch of new batteries to begin cycling into use.

How long do y'all ride out a battery before it finds the landfill?

Well first of all don't throw them in the landfill, recycle them! lol but I have nothing else to add, though somehow my batteries have maintained over all the years and I actually have a tetra from before you :o

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I've had my P80 longer than most, I think I was in the second batch... since acquisition, I've ran my Molicel's into the ground. Now, I am only getting 1 bowl per battery, and they run out of juice/wont operate below 70%.

Got a bunch of new batteries to begin cycling into use.

How long do y'all ride out a battery before it finds the landfill?
My first set of 4 from 2015 came from a local vape shop, whatever they had on hand and sold to noobs, still going strong without any issues but not used on any Lamart devices. Recently bought P26a Molicells, one of the ten I bought is already out of commission and sitting in my battery recycle box, probably only got 4-5 charge cycles out of it. So you never know.

CapnVape

I have two p80s and the second one I received recently is acting strange. It will start flashing weak battery right away when I turn on cruise or use on demand. Sometimes I can get a hit and other times it goes to low battery. After that, it usually runs for a few seconds and then shuts off with the low battery warning.

This is with new batteries that are freshly charged. I have two 30q, two HG2, and one molicel. I know the batteries are good because they all work great in my other p80.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is it just a bad mod and I have to send it back?

Last edited:
CapnVape,

GoldenBud

I have two p80s and the second one I received recently is acting strange. It will start flashing weak battery right away when I turn on cruise or use on demand. Sometimes I can get a hit and other times it goes to low battery. After that, it usually runs for a few seconds and then shuts off with the low battery warning.

This is with new batteries that are freshly charged. I have two 30q, two HG2, and one molicel. I know the batteries are good because they all work great in my other p80.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is it just a bad mod and I have to send it back?
did you check the settings? the resistance is locked as the sticker? not anything much higher?
70W?
TCR 185?

GoldenBud,

CapnVape

did you check the settings? the resistance is locked as the sticker? not anything much higher?
70W?
TCR 185?
I forgot to mention when I first received the unit it was running very low temp. The only way to get any visible vapor was to crank it to 260 and it was thin Vapor. I needed to increase the resistance from .220 to .228 to get similar results to my first unit.
I put the resistance back to .220 and the issue is the same. You can sometimes get a hit while it is flashing weak battery, but usually it shuts off after a second or two of inhaling.
No other setting have been changed on the unit.

CapnVape,
Reactions: GoldenBud

TimeBomb0

How are people getting ahold of new P80s lately? The site's always out of stock and I emailed them asking if their was a waiting list (heard there was at one point) and never heard back.

TimeBomb0,

GoldenBud

I forgot to mention when I first received the unit it was running very low temp. The only way to get any visible vapor was to crank it to 260 and it was thin Vapor. I needed to increase the resistance from .220 to .228 to get similar results to my first unit.
I put the resistance back to .220 and the issue is the same. You can sometimes get a hit while it is flashing weak battery, but usually it shuts off after a second or two of inhaling.
No other setting have been changed on the unit.
please check something
menu>interface>clicks> set 4 to Edit
then main screen>4 clicks> which M is activated? M1/M2/M3? which TCR you see? 185?
and 70W?
if everything is CHECKED, not based on previous owner, i dunno. maybe restore defaults of the mod but better message funkyjunky
How are people getting ahold of new P80s lately? The site's always out of stock and I emailed them asking if their was a waiting list (heard there was at one point) and never heard back.
AFAIK he's in holiday until Jan 2022 and according to last years, big drop is coming (i think)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: TimeBomb0

Shit Snacks

If you skim backwards through the thread, you'll see the last drop was a couple months ago and afterwards funky took his vacation so there's a pause, but in general the site is always out of stock of the Tetra, there are regular drops where they show in stock then sell out in minutes... There is no wait list, sign up for emails if you want to know about the next drop, or check in here regularly :tup:

CapnVape

please check something
menu>interface>clicks> set 4 to Edit
then main screen>4 clicks> which M is activated? M1/M2/M3? which TCR you see? 185?
and 70W?
if everything is CHECKED, not based on previous owner, i dunno. maybe restore defaults of the mod but better message funkyjunky

AFAIK he's in holiday until Jan 2022 and according to last years, big drop is coming (i think)
TCR 185
M1
70watts

Are these the correct settings?

CapnVape,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

TCR 185
M1
70watts

Are these the correct settings?
yeah
If you're saying all 3-4 batteries, fully charged, and they're good quality 20A batteries etc', then you don't know to say if it's software or hardware problem of the mod. then....I would reflash the firmware of tubo to my mod but still better ask Funkyjunky EVEN if he answer after 4-7 days or more, because you already got another one
only if it's urgent
I would reflash the P80 with tubomyevic software through NFE etc' but let's wait

Last edited:

fangorn

I will need my Tp80 to be well protected in case of outings ... so I also just bought a pelican case 1010 ... and I found in a Chinese store, a mini glasses case that will protect my tank stem well !! Hopefully I'll be able to store a few baskets in it!
I will post a photo when I have received everything !!

I took a little time but here are the photos of the pelican case.

I had ordered the mousse but there was clearly no room.
I cut a thin strip of it, thick enough to wedge the vape.
There was a very protective silicone part as well, but the same, not the place with the vaporizer.

It is therefore really tight inside, but therefore it is the smallest pelican case suitable for the TP80!
And the mini glasses case is perfect for my tank stem and some baskets.
Delta studio lids for RBT baskets are also suitable.
I haven't used it with the basket full yet so I can only assume they do the job. I imagine if it's a bit shaken too much it will need to be tamped down before using them but this is the best I've found so far!

In short, I am happy with all these articles.

Since then I have invested in another configuration for the outside ... but at least I have what it takes when I want to take it for a walk!

Happy vaping to you!

Attachments

• IMG_20211225_112413~2.jpg
    IMG_20211225_112413~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20211225_112353~2.jpg
    IMG_20211225_112353~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84

Butch

It looks nice, if it works for you great. I have a Vatra case. I see a wooden handle tool in the red case. I was wondering what that is called, and where you purchased it, I think it would help inserting the basket screens. Thanks

Butch,

fangorn

hey @Butch !
It won't help you to insert the baskets but to load them, yes!
it's a great tool ... and there are lots of different ones!
Delta studio 3D makes other handy tools too!
good research !!

Makroskop

Tetra p80 is a powerfull beast really!!!!!!

After half year using the unit intensive (at least 2 g per day) I wonder if there is any better portable vaporizer out there on the market and I really doubt it.

For example you can vape extractions/ Bubble Hash much better with p80 (on the bottom of the sieve weed and as topping some slim bubble hash for example) and also the extraction is much more even and powerfull on the p80, because you can spin the unit while taking a hit on the bong, so you avoid hotspots and can create a real perfect and even extraction.

After using it 6 month it is still my favorite vaporizer. I cant imagine vape any other vaporizer in long term. Ive Mighty, Arizer Solo, Arizer Extreme Q, Tinymight, Dynavap, Vapman.
All decent vaporizer, but none can compete with the p80 imho.
They re all just like toys for me, while the p80 is my daily driver! :love:

Lamart is the underground king vaporizer manufacturer imho. Great job!

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
For example you can vape extractions/ Bubble Hash much better with p80 (on the bottom of the sieve weed and as topping some slim bubble hash for example) and also the extraction is much more even and powerfull on the p80, because you can spin the unit while taking a hit on the bong, so you avoid hotspots and can create a real perfect and even extraction.
Can you elaborate on how you use hash? Most of us sandwich between herb.

lookhigh,

Makroskop

Can you elaborate on how you use hash? Most of us sandwich between herb.

ye, just look at the picture.

I put it very thin on the top, but it works better with high quality hash. This is bubble hash (water -ice- extraction)

20211230_133658.jpg

20211230_133736.jpg
so it can melt into the weed, too bad you cannot see the bubbles on this picture.
20211230_133903.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I put it very thin on the top. but it has to be high quality hash. This is Bubble hash (water -ice- extraction)
just FYI if you can spread it it means that it's not the highest quality, the highest quality can't be spreaded and needs to be stored in the fridge/refrigerator before use. sticky AF. I had the pleasure to try it in the tubox, it's the perfect vaping setup that I've ever tried. so intense, so deep.

although your ice looks amazing, but maybe you forced it to be spreaded? the color looks absolutely great tho.
sticky ice:
iceice.jpg

Likun

After having used the P80 for a few weeks now (coming from a tubo) I must admit that I can't figure out too (!) much difference.
But I really dig the aesthetics in comparison! I do really like the colors on mine only thing I'd have prefered is a plain wood (exotic) one.
I must say after I couldn't really figure out how to use those fully opened glas stems, both bent and straight, I like the nub very much. It's even on par with my ddave tubo stem, which restricts air flow even a bit more. Do they come in a random colorway or are they picked fitting the units color like with my orange one?
Such a satisfying unit!

0a7f5cdc-e3c4-4a8d-95d2-df9e4d2bf50a.jpg

76fe680e-5df2-4c99-aba7-3c1be5457aed.jpg

Shit Snacks

After having used the P80 for a few weeks now (coming from a tubo) I must admit that I can't figure out too (!) much difference.
But I really dig the aesthetics in comparison! I do really like the colors on mine only thing I'd have prefered is a plain wood (exotic) one.
I must say after I couldn't really figure out how to use those fully opened glas stems, both bent and straight, I like the nub very much. It's even on par with my ddave tubo stem, which restricts air flow even a bit more. Do they come in a random colorway or are they picked fitting the units color like with my orange one?
Such a satisfying unit!

View attachment 15898

View attachment 15899

Very nice, have you been able to find a bubbler rig you like yet?? For the more open, non cooling stems, you may want to try slowing down your draw and using a lower temp setting... Cooling stem colors include amber, cobalt blue, emerald green, looks like yours is amber, but they can also be gold or silver fumed to change the color further... They're not random though, you can buy the specific color you want, I swapped the clear one that comes with the unit to pay a little extra for cobalt blue nub with spikes on it and cobalt blue tank with dots on it... If you do not select a color, it will be random and Ralph will likely make it match the Tetra yes, for the longer glass stems, the straight stem and the bent stem and the J hooks, yes those are set to be sold as a random color, and there are more colors available (all the colors that are seen in the photo listing in fact, also the hooks can be found on DHgate), however you can request a specific color in the notes when you order... My original female mini j hook was amber chosen by him to match my padauk custom tetra, but my second that is a male mini j hook is the teal lake green because I specifically requested it :tup:

Likun

Very nice, have you been able to find a bubbler rig you like yet?? For the more open, non cooling stems, you may want to try slowing down your draw and using a lower temp setting... Cooling stem colors include amber, cobalt blue, emerald green, looks like yours is amber, but they can also be gold or silver fumed to change the color further... They're not random though, you can buy the specific color you want, I swapped the clear one that comes with the unit to pay a little extra for cobalt blue nub with spikes on it and cobalt blue tank with dots on it... If you do not select a color, it will be random and Ralph will likely make it match the Tetra yes, for the longer glass stems, the straight stem and the bent stem and the J hooks, yes those are set to be sold as a random color, and there are more colors available (all the colors that are seen in the photo listing in fact, also the hooks can be found on DHgate), however you can request a specific color in the notes when you order... My original female mini j hook was amber chosen by him to match my padauk custom tetra, but my second that is a male mini j hook is the teal lake green because I specifically requested it :tup:
Ah I see. I didn't have the choice of choosing color when ordering it with my tetra but I'm very happy about the color I got.
Unfortunately no as I couldn't decide on a piece :(. The 'perfect' one, which you recommended is as I've said before in the other thread out of sale, even so the store is completly taken off dhgate now.
BUT I#ve oredered some hydratube like thingy for my volcano hybrid which I've tried with my tetra aswell.
Funtionwise it works SO much better than the D020. Of course it's no option for the tetra as it's quite too bulky for that.
So my journes to a water piece I willing to pull the trigger on unfortunately goes on....

Shit Snacks

Unfortunately no as I couldn't decide on a piece :(. The 'perfect' one, which you recommended is as I've said before in the other thread out of sale, even so the store is completly taken off dhgate now.
BUT I#ve oredered some hydratube like thingy for my volcano hybrid which I've tried with my tetra aswell.
Funtionwise it works SO much better than the D020. Of course it's no option for the tetra as it's quite too bulky for that.
So my journes to a water piece I willing to pull the trigger on unfortunately goes on....

Ah yeah I see that shop is gone now, it sucks you were not able to order it much earlier when they were still available! Yeah that hydro tube, with a good mouthpiece, that makes sense, so maybe what about grabbing this hydrobase for it then? You could use the mouthpiece to have one perk or add the tube to have two... Or what about this J hook base, you could put the hydro tube on the lower male joint, and then connect the tetra directly on the higher joint just need a basket screen...??

Alternatively I think this looks like a really nice basic shower head for size and function, should work really well with the tetra and the nano, if you like the color etc?? It is similar to this one from TAG...

I also think this could work very well, reverse shower head, it is similar to this one from thick ass glass and cannabis hardware that works well for flavorful diffusion...

TAG also has these that are more expensive, large matrix inline and straight tube inline, there 30% off available if you sign up email...

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Likun

Aryeah

Vape Man
I am wondering why I am not getting much vapor coming from my P80? I am using a screen pack, and have it set at 410F. I am just getting wispy vapor. Could it be I am not letting it heat up enough at the beginning for a on demand session?

Aryeah,

Shit Snacks

I am wondering why I am not getting much vapor coming from my P80? I am using a screen pack, and have it set at 410F. I am just getting wispy vapor. Could it be I am not letting it heat up enough at the beginning for a on demand session?

How long are you inhaling for? And yeah draw speed, if you are really ripping on it, you may want to turn the temp even higher, alternatively if your hits are very short, you will want to take a much longer hit... It is you pulling the hot air through the herbs that is creating the vapor, especially with such open air flow here, it can have a bit of a learning curve depending what else you are used to... Also make sure you are loading enough to cover the screen, gentle tamp, med grind?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Likun

Aryeah

Vape Man
@Shit Snacks, I am doing a longer draw with a medium speed. I topped off my screen, so that might be why it's restricting the air flow through the stem. I'm using a medium grind. I think I'll try it with a higher temperature and 3/4 full screen.

Top Bottom