Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was thinking of getting a pass thru adapter for my P80 so I don't have to remove vape while hitting my water globe. Any suggestions?

Well pass through adapter kind of implies the AC power adapter to pass through aka bypass the battery, I think what you're asking for is a carbed adapter like this or this?

Likun

Probably something like this?
I'm looking for something like that myself. Function and aestheticwise I'd prefer the options @Shit Snacks has mentioned more, but they're quite expensive.
I'd go for the 1xmale and 2x female on the other side option, just need a fittin plug for one of the female joints.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm looking for something like that myself. Function and aestheticwise I'd prefer the options @Shit Snacks has mentioned more, but they're quite expensive.
I'd go for the 1xmale and 2x female on the other side option, just need a fittin plug for one of the female joints.

Yeah they are much more expensive, but there's nothing quite like that style on DHgate I don't think, and certainly quality wise, OGB is much much better, very thick US made glass and high quality work, so at least you're getting what you paid for, when you cheap out on the China glass, for an adapter like this, it's probably going to be uneven and pretty thin glass...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah they are much more expensive, but there's nothing quite like that style on DHgate I don't think, and certainly quality wise, OGB is much much better, very thick US made glass and high quality work, so at least you're getting what you paid for, when you cheap out on the China glass, for an adapter like this, it's probably going to be uneven and pretty thin glass...

It’s most likely thinner than ogb’s for sure, but I think they were like $18 when I bought them. I wouldn't call it "thin" just from a subjective look at them, but for sure they aren't going to be as nice as what OGB does. They are also larger and heavier, so bear that in mind if you're using them with a smaller piece. Otherwise I think they're fine for what I paid.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I am still having trouble with my mouth piece on the P80. I'm using a cobalt blue vigreux adapter from phineas and works fantastic on my milaana 3, but using it on the P80, the air flow is much greater and I am only getting small wispy hits. It is an older unit one of the original square designs.

I was using the warmup to cruise, but I have the mod set to eco1, which drops the temp from about 410 to 360 when not inhaling. Should I not use the eco setting? I do have the small stem that came with it, and can try that.

If all else fails, I can always try my new p80, and see if there is a difference, then I know it's something else going on, but I really didn't want to start using it yet.

Aryeah,

Shit Snacks

I am still having trouble with my mouth piece on the P80. I'm using a cobalt blue vigreux adapter from phineas and works fantastic on my milaana 3, but using it on the P80, the air flow is much greater and I am only getting small wispy hits. It is an older unit one of the original square designs.

I was using the warmup to cruise, but I have the mod set to eco1, which drops the temp from about 410 to 360 when not inhaling. Should I not use the eco setting? I do have the small stem that came with it, and can try that.

If all else fails, I can always try my new p80, and see if there is a difference, then I know it's something else going on, but I really didn't want to start using it yet.

No it should not make any difference that you have Eco on, I think you just need to adjust the way you are inhaling, like I said with the tank you get more restriction and it is pretty nice with the tetra because the airflow is so wide open, Milaana airflow is limited by the smaller air intake while the Phineas stem has wide open airflow... So yeah I think you need to try different ways of packing the stem, perhaps, but primarily different ways of inhaling and for a long time etc, but it's just possible this stem is just not going to work for you with this vape... It is a personal technique thing more than any type of setting you can resolve imo Good luck!

thunderstealer1337

Don't use eco setting if you are noticing your mod having delays from changing temps after you are drawing through it.

It will effect the performance since you may not realize it, say if your drawing for 10 secs, that the heater is taking a few secs before changing from eco to cruise and your hits are like 50% since you didn't actually activate the heater for the complete time during your draw.

This applies to all lamart devices I have used, tetrax with custom mods, tetra duals and p80s

gordontreeman

Figured it couldn't hurt to crowd-source some suggestions...

My cat knocked my wooden stem + short glass mouthpiece over the other day and broke it. Its broken below the top of the wood, so I'm not sure what I can do to get a good grip on it and pull it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to gently pull the screen out and be able to reinsert it so that I can push it out and replace it?

gordontreeman,

GoldenBud

My cat knocked my wooden stem + short glass mouthpiece over the other day and broke it. Its broken below the top of the wood, so I'm not sure what I can do to get a good grip on it and pull it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to gently pull the screen out and be able to reinsert it so that I can push it out and replace it?
upload some pic of this please

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vaporific

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Bamboo skewer :). Can use it both to push the screen out and also the glass.

Abysmal Vapor,

dabotr

Bamboo skewer :). Can use it both to push the screen out and also the glass.

If you have long nose pliers, try inserting them in the closed position then gently opening up and see if you can lift the glass out. If there is anything to grasp above the wood, you might be able to grasp it with tweezers to lift out.

dabotr,

games-loaves0t

If you have long nose pliers, try inserting them in the closed position then gently opening up and see if you can lift the glass out. If there is anything to grasp above the wood, you might be able to grasp it with tweezers to lift out.
A wood pencil might be able to push it out also.

games-loaves0t,

ugotmale

Just missed a BNIB Tetra P80, $425 shipped

t8zuei0np5e81.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/sdplmt

ugotmale,
Reactions: Likun

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Its broken below the top of the wood, so I'm not sure what I can do to get a good grip on it and pull it out. Does anyone have any ideas?
You could try rolling up a cylinder of duct tape sticky side out, inserting as deep as it’ll go, maximizing the tape-to-glass contact, and then just pulling it out.

I don’t have a p80 but I’ve had my share of broken lamps.

cx714,

Hippie

Yes the screen just pops in/out
So you could just push the glass out of either end

Hippie,

gordontreeman

Thanks @Abysmal Vapor et al for the suggestions! I had a bamboo skewer with a beveled edge that I was able to use to pop the screen off with--I didn't realize it was so simple, so thanks for the suggestion! The glass was stuck in there pretty good and I couldn't get it to budge with the skewer, but I found a part of a screwdriver adapter that was about the right diameter to push the wooden stem down on and with some elbow grease it came loose.

I had a spare spiked glass stem, so I guess I'll be using that instead of the plain one + amaze cooler (though it looks like the MP portion of the whip is about the exact same size as the plain glass stem used here, so I could probably stick that in).

I haven't really spent a lot of time with this stem. The glass gets soooooo hot that it burns the lips, but I'd like to monkey with it some more to see if it could make a better on the go/travel stem--usually I insert it as far as it will go and use it that way, but maybe pulling it out while in use will add just enough length to the vapor path to make the glass itself not soooo hot? It just might be the case that in the short, at least, its best to take a quick hit and set it aside.

When travelling to e.g. a friend's place or going for a walk (very cold where I am these days, so I'm generally wearing a coat with large enough pockets to keep the P80 and a capsule stem safe if tucked inside one of those silicone 18650 battery cases) I think there might be a use case for this stem--I also just love the wood and @Aezhenn's work. I've used the P80 with a friend plenty of times, so I assumed my friend would know to tamp the flower a bit after packing a basket screen, but last weekend when I had it at his house he just put flower into a basket stem and inverted it, leading to lots of crumbs on my heater screen:doh:. I figure loading up a few capsules is a smaller travel package than bringing a stash jar or grinder and will prevent this sort of mishap at the cost of a little flavor, but many of my friends still combust so I don't think that matters much.

Top Bottom