Tetra P80

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
As a big fan of joint packs, I have never had a problem pulling out a screen, even the tightest ones with a tool like the standard one, with a pointed tip is pice of cake.
Its less pulling it out than that putting it in was a pain. Maybe now that its got some form to it it would be simpler, but I think for me a butane torch to burn it off would be simpler.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: BigJr48

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
If you have a wood stem, short or medium I highly recommend the long bent stem for it. It's specifically a glass insert for the wood stems. If you do go fowith it. It's a lot of glass and two intercoolers. It's pretty freaking smooth, and has excellent airflow.

if you do order one, order a short and medium intercooler with it. It's a lot of glass and two intercoolers. It's pretty freaking smooth, and has excellent airflow.

EddIW

If you have a wood stem, short or medium I highly recommend the long bent stem for it. It's specifically a glass insert for the wood stems. If you do go fowith it. It's a lot of glass and two intercoolers. It's pretty freaking smooth, and has excellent airflow.

if you do order one, order a short and medium intercooler with it. It's a lot of glass and two intercoolers. It's pretty freaking smooth, and has excellent airflow.
Did you get this directly from Lamart? Can't find this bent stem on his site, been wanting one like that for a while for my wooden stem.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Did you get this directly from Lamart? Can't find this bent stem on his site, been wanting one like that for a while for my wooden stem.
I did. I just got it in late July so I don't know the inventory but it was really recent.

I actually had the intercoolers for my straight glass inserts. A stoned moment made me yell out eureka!

Datoneguy

Super tempted to attempt to get one of these but have a few questions.

How is the Tetra P80 for microdosing? I am between this and a Tiny Might tbh and the one thing I noticed is that microdosing is mentioned a lot more in that thread compared to this one. Not a bad thing because I love using flower to it's fullest but am also interested in more controlled small doses during the day because I'd like to experiment with lighter effects and small/effective doses. Wondering how some of you use the P80 for microdosing and if it's any good at it compared to something like a Tiny Might.

Like have any of you had luck loading up less than .05 (more like .01-.03) and getting a draw or two? Or any luck loading up a basket and stretching it into 3 or 4 different sessions or on-demand hits?

I heard from Troy at 420vapezone that with the Tubo Evic you could use an 18mm male to 14mm female glass joint and then utilize a 14mm stem with a basket screen for even smaller amounts, so maybe that's an option with the P80 as well. If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate some recommendations on where to get a solid adapter and stem (with basket screen) to try for this usage? Seemed interesting but I'm a bit of a noob who doesn't know the details on where to get something like this that is of some quality (keep reading about adapters being made of thin glass and breaking super easily, no bueno lol).

If anyone uses the P80 for microdosing, I'm interested to know how you go about it and how well it's worked for you in that area.

Another concern I have is whether the Tetra pocketable enough with a nub (or maybe tank) stem to walk down to a park with it loaded, take a few hits and walk back? Like is the device and stem secure enough and compact enough to pull that off or not really?

Lasly, I love how the acrylic looks but am wondering if there are any heath concerns there with touching it in general (or touching it than rubbing my eyes) or having in near the air or vapor path in anyway . Honestly just paranoid about that sort of thing lol and was wonder if anyone had any more details? I assume it's only a concern for touching it if the paint is still wet, but I have no idea tbh because I'm not the most knowledgeable on acrylic. I'd love some calming of my fears so I feel more comfortable going that route (they look incredible tbh). Otherwise, I'll contemplate some wood options (which also look incredible lol). But ya, anyone more knowledgeable than me, I'd appreciate some input here.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

How is the Tetra P80 for microdosing? I am between this and a Tiny Might tbh and the one thing I noticed is that microdosing is mentioned a lot more in that thread compared to this one. Not a bad thing because I love using flower to it's fullest but am also interested in more controlled small doses during the day because I'd like to experiment with lighter effects and small/effective doses. Wondering how some of you use the P80 for microdosing and if it's any good at it compared to something like a Tiny Might.

Like have any of you had luck loading up less than .05 (more like .01-.03) and getting a draw or two? Or any luck loading up a basket and stretching it into 3 or 4 different sessions or on-demand hits?

I heard from Troy at 420vapezone that with the Tubo Evic you could use an 18mm male to 14mm female glass joint and then utilize a 14mm stem with a basket screen for even smaller amounts, so maybe that's an option with the P80 as well. If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate some recommendations on where to get a solid adapter and stem (with basket screen) to try for this usage? Seemed interesting but I'm a bit of a noob who doesn't know the details on where to get something like this that is of some quality (keep reading about adapters being made of thin glass and breaking super easily, no bueno lol).

If anyone uses the P80 for microdosing, I'm interested to know how you go about it and how well it's worked for you in that area.

Another concern I have is whether the Tetra pocketable enough with a nub (or maybe tank) stem to walk down to a park with it loaded, take a few hits and walk back? Like is the device and stem secure enough and compact enough to pull that off or not really?

Lasly, I love how the acrylic looks but am wondering if there are any heath concerns there with touching it in general (or touching it than rubbing my eyes) or having in near the air or vapor path in anyway . Honestly just paranoid about that sort of thing lol and was wonder if anyone had any more details? I assume it's only a concern for touching it if the paint is still wet, but I have no idea tbh because I'm not the most knowledgeable on acrylic. I'd love some calming of my fears so I feel more comfortable going that route (they look incredible tbh). Otherwise, I'll contemplate some wood options (which also look incredible lol). But ya, anyone more knowledgeable than me, I'd appreciate some input here.

Absolutely no problem microdosing, exactly as you described use a WPA and a basket screen and you just need to load enough to cover the screen tamp it down and you get a nice rep at an upper temp! Great one hitter rips through water... I don't feel like mine is so pocketable and I don't like to use it with the nub, but it is very portable package with the tank and the new drum body! To ask about acrylic I would say post in the main ask FC section, we're not supposed to talk about materials really as much here, I don't know of any problems with it though in this kind of usage like how you described??

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

My only paranoia with my TP80 units stems from the very thought of carrying mine as pocketables. I get nervous carrying it around the house, you should see me checking around for my dogs and any other trip hazards. My wife says it looks like I’m carrying a Fabergé Egg or something. I tell her you have to respect and protect real art 😬.

JoJolion

Does anyone know why the screens are loose even though they seem to have a perfect fit?

(I’m new to lamart products)
55-C725-A3-1346-4-B55-8547-CAFB1-D960141.jpg

JoJolion,
Reactions: BigJr48

gordontreeman

Does anyone know why the screens are loose even though they seem to have a perfect fit?

(I’m new to lamart products)
55-C725-A3-1346-4-B55-8547-CAFB1-D960141.jpg
I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you just mean that the basket screen pops out easily? I think that is the case with all vapes that use a similar loading system, but give
a try.

@Datoneguy12 I've done some smaller loads in the basket screen and found the TP80 performs well with them. I do find that, similar to with coffee or espresso, when I'm using smaller loads its beneficial to tamp a little more so that the hot air is in contact with the flower long enough to evenly extract it. Plenty of times though I just prefer to pack a basket screen and take a hit or two and come back to it later. If you want top tier flavor using smaller fresh loads and clearing them in a single hit will definitely yield better results, this is just convenient for me when I'm vaping in the midst of something else.

Last edited:

JoJolion

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you just mean that the basket screen pops out easily? I think that is the case with all vapes that use a similar loading system, but give
a try.

@Datoneguy12 I've done some smaller loads in the basket screen and found the TP80 performs well with them. I do find that, similar to with coffee or espresso, when I'm using smaller loads its beneficial to tamp a little more so that the hot air is in contact with the flower long enough to evenly extract it. Plenty of times though I just prefer to pack a basket screen and take a hit or two and come back to it later. If you want top tier flavor using smaller fresh loads and clearing them in a single hit will definitely yield better results, this is just convenient for me when I'm vaping in the midst of something else.
Very helpful video, I tried it with my dab tool and it fits perfectly. Appreciate it

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Today is a really beautiful Lamart kind of day. I got my new condition P-80 (the one in the center) and my VTC Tubo Evic Dual for my TetraX 😀

Now for the stupid question. How do I swap wattage control to temp control?

Edit: I figured it out

New issue

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Last edited:

gordontreeman

New issue

What is this and how do I get rid of it?
To the best of my knowledge it’s the firmware for some reason believing a new coil was attached. I don’t think it should occur in normal use, but maybe after being sans power for a long time? I think pushing left or right will tell it to use the resistance indicated for a “new”ly installed coil or for one that had previously been used. In either case Lamart scratches the recommended resistance inside the p80 battery lid. Just pick either of those and lock it at the resistance in there if you want it to perform factory new.

Edit: scratches sounds maybe more destructive than intended, he permanently etched the recommended resistance inside of the battery lid 🙂

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
menu > Coils > Manage > lock in TUBO the resistance as written under the lid, Set Check to NO.
Thanks, but it was already set correctly

Edit: It's a battery thing. I have 3 batteries that work and around 5 that don't work, but still works in my lacewood P-80.

Last edited:
acstorfer,
Reactions: GoldenBud

pinetrrizzle

Wanted to throw out another storage/transportation option for the P80. After speaking with @pinetrrizzle and doing some google searches, it seemed Pelican was the way to go for something to take the TP80 along to see friends. While I've never used one myself, I knew their reputation as bombproof cases.

I ended up getting the 1170. Its pretty similar to the 1150 posted earlier in this thread, but a little less tall and a little larger inside. The shorter height I think works well as the P80 and accessories are a little better nestled by the foam, e.g. there won't be any travel if the case is jostled or something. Here's a photo to get a rough idea of what you can fit in there

Also hoping to crowd source some advice from the handful of folks who do joint packs! I do them with my whip sometimes when I'm playing games with friends so I can use warm up between rounds and not have to worry about pausing to pack another bowl if my friends are antsy to keep going. I've noticed that especially with kief packed in there small particles are lodged between the inner screen of my nub and the glass of the 18mm joint. I tried soaking it for ~24 hours in iso and blasting it at a pretty high temp (like 460 or something on the TP80), but there's still a little that won't come out even using a tooth pick or similar to try to dig it out. Taking those inner screens out would be a huge pain--any ideas on how I might best get that cleaned out?
Looks awesome! Also not as crammed as mine, I dig it!

pinetrrizzle,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow that is a lot of prebuilts! I think the one I got in the last drop may be one of them since I actually switched to semi custom...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar
Top Bottom