Tetra P80

PossumMD

I get very even avb when I basket pack. I only like 1/8th pack the screen though. Enough to cover the screen and stay in place. No stirring required. I understand my case isn't the norm though. I run at 240°C and use prewarm.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I get very even avb when I basket pack. I only like 1/8th pack the screen though. Enough to cover the screen and stay in place. No stirring required. I understand my case isn't the norm though. I run at 240°C and use prewarm.
I think if you skim through this thread most everyone is in agreement that the basket kills it for evenness. I was just responding to some comments that the tank MP misses the mark here, and pointing out that you can do similar joint packing (tho I forgot to mention, this was a joint pack in the nub with the whip, not the tank).

gordontreeman,

PossumMD

I think if you skim through this thread most everyone is in agreement that the basket kills it for evenness. I was just responding to some comments that the tank MP misses the mark here, and pointing out that you can do similar joint packing (tho I forgot to mention, this was a joint pack in the nub with the whip, not the tank).
Ahhhhhhh, my bad.

PossumMD

Okay, this is starting to bug me enough to find out how to fix it. When I put a fresh battery, the temp I have selected is the one shown (240°C). When I put into warm up mode, it shows temps close to the preset. When it goes to cruise it drops the temp to 180°C. What's going on here? I've read the extended manual and still have no clue.

PossumMD,

gordontreeman

W2C hits a preset temp for a variable length of time to heat soak the boro tubes. Its 480 F and probably about the same in C. When you say that it drops after cruise, is it a temporary blip while the mod reads the resistance and calculates the wattage to supply to stay at your selected temp (which is awfully hot....)? Or is it getting set back down to 180? If its the latter I'm not sure, aside from making doubly sure that you've selected 240C and aren't just seeing that as its the W2C preset for Celsius (if you're using the stock display, after you start cruise/w2c the huge temp on the top of the display is the live reading, while the smaller one near the "cruise" bar is the temp you set).

gordontreeman,

PossumMD

The latter is happening. I know I've selected the temp cos I have to bump it up after it drops to 180°C. Could it maybe be related to battery insertion? Cos I usually pull the battery due to the fact only have one bowl every couple of nights from it? Still. When input the battery in, it says "240°C"...

PossumMD,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
make sure to set w2c to 1 in menu>vaping ("warmup to cruise" continues to cruise). if its set to 2, it will continue to the tempstepper lotemp (180c default). if thats not it you may have ghosts 👻

warmup always heats to 245c/480f no matter the preset temp. it will then drop to the set temp if w2c is 1 and cruise.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ahhhhhhh, my bad.

I think your post was still good, I agree I don't think a lot of people pack the basket only 1/8 full, sometimes I'll do half full or maybe even a quarter full, but usually not that tiny of an amount! I am liking one hitter bowls through water with my tetra at 445F though I'm still filling them pretty full lol

Shit Snacks,

Pasoa2020

Has anyone who’s been working on a custom order heard back from Lamart recently? He’s been really good in replying in the past but I haven’t heard a response to several emails in a few weeks and am mostly concerned my emails are going to spam or something.

Pasoa2020,

PossumMD

Has anyone who’s been working on a custom order heard back from Lamart recently? He’s been really good in replying in the past but I haven’t heard a response to several emails in a few weeks and am mostly concerned my emails are going to spam or something.
I got a custom relatively recently. I didn't hear anything back after we finalised what I wanted done to my unit until I got the packaged notification. Sucks a bit, but I kinda get it? I dunno, I was burnt way worse with poor email replys with my tinymight. lamart ain't got nothing on them in my opinion.

Oh right. Why I came here in the first place... So, been trying to replicate my issue. Can't seem too. Maybe when I cycled through the options in the menu...? I dunno. It was happening though. Wasn't just me being over medicated. Happened to my mate too. Anyway... Problem solved!

Also, I seem to need more puffs to kill a dose that just covers the screen. A 1/2 full + pack I can do in 3-4 hits. With my small amount, need 5-6.

PossumMD,

GoldenBud

Oh right. Why I came here in the first place... So, been trying to replicate my issue. Can't seem too. Maybe when I cycled through the options in the menu...? I dunno. It was happening though. Wasn't just me being over medicated. Happened to my mate too. Anyway... Problem solved!

Also, I seem to need more puffs to kill a dose that just covers the screen. A 1/2 full + pack I can do in 3-4 hits. With my small amount, need 5-6.
do you give 10-15 seconds for the glass to being heat soaked?

GoldenBud,

PossumMD

remember killing the bowl in 1 hit requires like 15-25 seconds of long strong draw... these devices have wide open airflow...requires a lot of air
Doesn't really matter when I draw at the same rate, no matter the size of the load.

PossumMD,

Rab42

@Pasoa2020 im still waiting on a custom from the last batch too. I was told on July 6th it hadn't begun building yet and was going to take longer because he was going on vacation

Rab42,

Pasoa2020

@Pasoa2020 im still waiting on a custom from the last batch too. I was told on July 6th it hadn't begun building yet and was going to take longer because he was going on vacation
Maybe that’s what’s going on. Although he told me it would be done faster than usual because of the vacation. Lol. Mostly just want to know my emails are going through ok

Pasoa2020,

GoldenBud

Yep, took him 14 days to get back to me, it means that he's building the units I guess. plus he's doing me a favor, i did something bad to my TUBOx cable. anyway my unit is fixed now, and my unit arrived to him end of June, so I guess all the units will be shipped soon. If there were any kind of problem, you would hear from him....great CS overall.

GoldenBud

If you're using the 14/18 Lamart WPA for 14mm bubbler and kinda hate the gradual 14/18 part, these o-rings will make sure that the gradual part won't be a problem anymore, also this kind of o-ring seals the bubbler greatly, and won't cause any trouble when you want to lift it up (Smaller o-ring for Lotus Wpa too)

Ripstar

So, I have had my P80 for months now and I finally used it with a WPA, holy smack town! 205C is a charmer but the step is also something else. Man, really loving how all these custom units are so different(in a good way) through a water piece. I want to thank everyone who has made me realize water pipes and jhooks are the only way to go!

gordontreeman

Wanted to throw out another storage/transportation option for the P80. After speaking with @pinetrrizzle and doing some google searches, it seemed Pelican was the way to go for something to take the TP80 along to see friends. While I've never used one myself, I knew their reputation as bombproof cases.

I ended up getting the 1170. Its pretty similar to the 1150 posted earlier in this thread, but a little less tall and a little larger inside. The shorter height I think works well as the P80 and accessories are a little better nestled by the foam, e.g. there won't be any travel if the case is jostled or something. Here's a photo to get a rough idea of what you can fit in there

Also hoping to crowd source some advice from the handful of folks who do joint packs! I do them with my whip sometimes when I'm playing games with friends so I can use warm up between rounds and not have to worry about pausing to pack another bowl if my friends are antsy to keep going. I've noticed that especially with kief packed in there small particles are lodged between the inner screen of my nub and the glass of the 18mm joint. I tried soaking it for ~24 hours in iso and blasting it at a pretty high temp (like 460 or something on the TP80), but there's still a little that won't come out even using a tooth pick or similar to try to dig it out. Taking those inner screens out would be a huge pain--any ideas on how I might best get that cleaned out?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Wanted to throw out another storage/transportation option for the P80. After speaking with @pinetrrizzle and doing some google searches, it seemed Pelican was the way to go for something to take the TP80 along to see friends. While I've never used one myself, I knew their reputation as bombproof cases.

I ended up getting the 1170. Its pretty similar to the 1150 posted earlier in this thread, but a little less tall and a little larger inside. The shorter height I think works well as the P80 and accessories are a little better nestled by the foam, e.g. there won't be any travel if the case is jostled or something. Here's a photo to get a rough idea of what you can fit in there

Also hoping to crowd source some advice from the handful of folks who do joint packs! I do them with my whip sometimes when I'm playing games with friends so I can use warm up between rounds and not have to worry about pausing to pack another bowl if my friends are antsy to keep going. I've noticed that especially with kief packed in there small particles are lodged between the inner screen of my nub and the glass of the 18mm joint. I tried soaking it for ~24 hours in iso and blasting it at a pretty high temp (like 460 or something on the TP80), but there's still a little that won't come out even using a tooth pick or similar to try to dig it out. Taking those inner screens out would be a huge pain--any ideas on how I might best get that cleaned out?
Love the case. Cleaning out the nub can be infuriating. I've left em soaking in iso for days. I finally had to come to the realization that that little tiny bit will never be clean.

gordontreeman

Love the case. Cleaning out the nub can be infuriating. I've left em soaking in iso for days. I finally had to come to the realization that that little tiny bit will never be clean.
The nub usually does fine with an iso soak, it’s just those tiny bits of kief/plant matter along the edge of the inner flat screen. I guess worst case scenario a larger butane torch and way to safely hold the nub should burn that off though, now that I think about it.

gordontreeman,
Top Bottom