Tetra P80

passenger

is this thing on?
Contemplating on the prettiest model is not helpful while the drop is happening. I would figure out beforehand what you want and then proceed with the first that somehow fits the bill to checkout. Move fast and prefill the forms in your account (adress etc).

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Contemplating on the prettiest model is not helpful while the drop is happening. I would figure out beforehand what you want and then proceed with the first that somehow fits the bill to checkout. Move fast and prefill the forms in your account (adress etc).
Yeah I get it. Specifically for the pre-built options there's no way to really know whats available before hand. I should have just picked a random one and went for it, I just figured 30 seconds wouldn't kill me.

Its tricky when its something a little more subjective like the artistic appearance of these and you'd ideally like to look at your options even if you aren't necessarily trying to do a custom. Part of me wishes they'd just do a waitlist, but I imagine at this point it would be pretty long (a year + maybe?) which is also not a wonderful experience for new potential customers. I was just thinking that if there are, say, 15 custom slots and 15 pre builts its probably more reliable to just get one of the custom slots than risk colliding with someone who shares my aesthetic sensibilities going for the same prebuilt, and at least then I have a little more control than "I randomly picked one without concern as to what it looked like" though tbf I haven't seen one that looks bad yet.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: jjvapes

Therapy

Only just now realized there was a drop last week, stupid of me. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I would like your opinions on the P80 vs the TuboX.
I would be using it 100% for home use, mostly through a waterpiece, wet or dry. Another pro in my case would be I have quite a few box mods already laying around.

Therapy,
Reactions: dimmusp

passenger

is this thing on?
The TetraP80 stays 100% clean when used upside down. It has the lowest maintanance (apart from juggling 18650) from all my vapes.
Tetra-P80wp-1.jpg

Great flavor and huge clouds.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I get it. Specifically for the pre-built options there's no way to really know whats available before hand. I should have just picked a random one and went for it, I just figured 30 seconds wouldn't kill me.

Its tricky when its something a little more subjective like the artistic appearance of these and you'd ideally like to look at your options even if you aren't necessarily trying to do a custom. Part of me wishes they'd just do a waitlist, but I imagine at this point it would be pretty long (a year + maybe?) which is also not a wonderful experience for new potential customers. I was just thinking that if there are, say, 15 custom slots and 15 pre builts its probably more reliable to just get one of the custom slots than risk colliding with someone who shares my aesthetic sensibilities going for the same prebuilt, and at least then I have a little more control than "I randomly picked one without concern as to what it looked like" though tbf I haven't seen one that looks bad yet.

I don't know, I really did not have problem securing pre-built, and it seemed like it would have been easy the previous drop for me to do so as well... All of the tips were literally just shared before this drop, create an account have all your info ready, test your card beforehand with a test purchase, decide and act quick (you won't see all units at once, but as soon as several are listed, skim through and pick your favorite fast, that's what I did and I would have scored the blue one I wanted if I had tested my credit card beforehand, was still able to get another one as this was literally within one minute lol)

Only just now realized there was a drop last week, stupid of me. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I would like your opinions on the P80 vs the TuboX.
I would be using it 100% for home use, mostly through a waterpiece, wet or dry. Another pro in my case would be I have quite a few box mods already laying around.

This comparison has been asked many times, if you just skim through the thread you will see, someone just asked this a few pages ago and I answered, they are the same, it depends on the form factor, and a little more setup when you have to do the mod yourself... Easy enough to do with Tubo firmware especially if you are getting a P80 mod, Gen3Dual works well too though, and yeah the X can be good for a water piece not that the TP80 has any problem there either...

The TetraP80 stays 100% clean when used upside down. It has the lowest maintanance (apart from juggling 18650) from all my vapes.
Tetra-P80wp-1.jpg

Great flavor and huge clouds.

Yes yes, I always use mine upside down pretty much, dry through J hooks or even the tetra stems, keeping the TP80 in cruise to stay warm and removing it to clear each hit like it was the lighter... That is a fucking gorgeous blue acrylic tetra by the way, hopeful I can end up with the same someday...

jjvapes

. I wanted to just get a prebuilt last time, but it seems in my brief (30 seconds?) scan for a favorite whichever I picked was also highly sought after, and that let to a cascade where everything was gone before I tried to get a custom. Is it the case as I'm guessing that just throwing in a custom is the most reliable way to score one just because there are multiple slots? Bit of a bummer having to tack on an extra wait, but I'd rather just get the order in than keep racing people to buy one--I can always look into spares and such when they're a little easier to acquire, as I'd feel bad snagging a duplicate when there are lots of people still trying.

Hi! I’m also new here but I’ve been lurking on the boards for awhile. I participated in the drop for the first time and went with a custom unit. I picked basic choices and checked the button that I wanted to discuss my option order. I also called my bank in the morning to let them know I’d be making a foreign purchase at a specific time so they would approve the charge. I read through a lot of comments and that seemed to be the best method. I hope that helps (I can also get rambly).

gordontreeman

I don't know, I really did not have problem securing pre-built, and it seemed like it would have been easy the previous drop for me to do so as well... All of the tips were literally just shared before this drop, create an account have all your info ready, test your card beforehand with a test purchase, decide and act quick (you won't see all units at once, but as soon as several are listed, skim through and pick your favorite fast, that's what I did and I would have scored the blue one I wanted if I had tested my credit card beforehand, was still able to get another one as this was literally within one minute lol)
Yeah idk, just curious as I did all of that stuff. I work in computers myself so while I didn't go so far as to buy and modify a sneaker head script I had a pretty good idea of when to be spam refreshing and such. Again, I took a cursory look for all of maybe 30 seconds, settled on one, and went for it but from there it all went downhill. Probably just bad luck from so many people all hitting his site at the same time 🤷‍♂️

Seems I've got most of the prereqs set, so here's hoping next time.

Shit Snacks

Yeah idk, just curious as I did all of that stuff. I work in computers myself so while I didn't go so far as to buy and modify a sneaker head script I had a pretty good idea of when to be spam refreshing and such. Again, I took a cursory look for all of maybe 30 seconds, settled on one, and went for it but from there it all went downhill. Probably just bad luck from so many people all hitting his site at the same time 🤷‍♂️

Seems I've got most of the prereqs set, so here's hoping next time.

Yeah I think you know what to do, I used my phone too like someone else mentioned, quick refresh on Wi-Fi right on time, so like I caught them really as they were listed so there were some I did not see, just went with the one I liked right away, but yeah you never know competition... Acrylic wise, seems like maybe the greens and purples are not as popular as the blues?? Really depends, but certain ones you are not surprised to see them go quick and others are not surprising to see remain... Sometimes you can call it, I think a lot of people like to go for the plain wood too, the cheaper options in particular... But yeah the fancy exotic wood prebuilt units, feel like they always go quickest of all!

pinetrrizzle

It's some kind of E-Sport actually, we should twitch a drop.
i love the excitement of the drops... so much data...

at my current state in life my attitude is that it would be tough to join a waitlist for something that would probably be a year wait, at best, especially if the product is so scarce i'd never been able to try it in person. i'd be shocked if no less than a few hundred people want to be on a waitlist for one of these units, especially if going custom is an option, and he's made roughly 200 in the last year (covid, sure, but...) , with a little more than half being pre-builts - which required no communication/design/cs along the way. he'd have to up the size of the team and inevitably drop quality (which is why we buy these in the first place...) just to get the waitlist down to a reasonable time, or basically stop any rnd and commit to building just the tp80 waitlist... neither of which seem like good options for customers or lamart.

my custom has been 5 months in the works, but that feels better than being on a waitlist for 5 months, let alone a lot longer (i'm sure my anxiety is eased since i got an acrylic prebuilt in the same drop). when i learned of the tp80 it was basically exactly what i wanted/needed, and thank the flying spgahetti monster i actually had a chance at getting one within a few months of seeing it. if i'd had all that excitement built up to then only discover that it would be sitting on a waitlist for months and months for something i'd never tried in real life, i'd probably just say fuck it and get a TM.

passenger

is this thing on?
I am totally ok with the Drop system. Otherwise I would not hold one in my hands yet. This way Ralph enables fresh ppl who want to participate to get a unit in reasonable time (if you show some efforts when the drop is happening). I was able to order a prebuilt left-handed last drop:
bart simpson arm GIF

"yea, after the drop alright"

Edit: A waitlist is fine as well. I'm on the Nomad2 list - 2-3 years there if all opt in on the list. I can wait but... quite long-ish...

Last edited:

gordontreeman

I think I acknowledged that a wait list is problematic. If you told me to pop my name on a nomad length waitlist at this point I’d 100% be looking into alternatives.

However, for an alternative perspective I don’t find drops like this to be “fun” or “exciting” at all. I’m sure it’s a different experience when you own one and it’s just neat to see what lamart comes out with and buying your second, third, or whatever unit is collecting or variety or just hobbyist enthusiasm. When you want to get your first one going to a website at a very specific time, spam refreshing, blindly throwing something into your cart while the site groans under a massive traffic spike and may or may not work, and then hoping you don’t run into any payment issues isn’t my idea of fun. At best it’s annoying and at worst just kind of stressful. It reminds me of preordering my ps5 which was a horrible experience, but a necessary evil so I could get one in 2020 instead of paying a scalper or waiting a year or more.

The vaporizer looks really nice and I still think I can do a lot better than a year on a waitlist, but if you look up just a few posts who can see someone who’s over trying to get a p80 from drops. Again, I don’t think either system is perfect but certainly I don’t think it takes a lot of effort to empathize and realize that limited drops isn’t a terribly approachable system sometimes.

At any rate I wanted to see if there was something I missed to make the process simpler, not spur an extended conversation on their distribution methods. Back to marveling at eye candy and such 🙂

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
When you want to get your first one going to a website at a very specific time, spam refreshing, blindly throwing something into your cart while the site groans under a massive traffic spike and may or may not work, and then hoping you don’t run into any payment issues isn’t my idea of fun.
+1 - I completely agree. I’ll settle for just one.

Again, I don’t think either system is perfect but certainly I don’t think it takes a lot of effort to empathize and realize that limited drops isn’t a terribly approachable system sometimes.
While it’s a personal business and decision, perhaps more help is needed to produce more units based on increasing demand? Maybe it’s time. Just my two cents. Still hoping to snag one but I may give up soon after trying in 2 out of the last 3 drops (I couldn’t do the last one and got stone-walled the first two for various reasons) - and stop following this thread too. I get the drop emails already.
:peace: :peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I think I acknowledged that a wait list is problematic. If you told me to pop my name on a nomad length waitlist at this point I’d 100% be looking into alternatives.

However, for an alternative perspective I don’t find drops like this to be “fun” or “exciting” at all. I’m sure it’s a different experience when you own one and it’s just neat to see what lamart comes out with and buying your second, third, or whatever unit is collecting or variety or just hobbyist enthusiasm. When you want to get your first one going to a website at a very specific time, spam refreshing, blindly throwing something into your cart while the site groans under a massive traffic spike and may or may not work, and then hoping you don’t run into any payment issues isn’t my idea of fun. At best it’s annoying and at worst just kind of stressful. It reminds me of preordering my ps5 which was a horrible experience, but a necessary evil so I could get one in 2020 instead of paying a scalper or waiting a year or more.

The vaporizer looks really nice and I still think I can do a lot better than a year on a waitlist, but if you look up just a few posts who can see someone who’s over trying to get a p80 from drops. Again, I don’t think either system is perfect but certainly I don’t think it takes a lot of effort to empathize and realize that limited drops isn’t a terribly approachable system sometimes.

At any rate I wanted to see if there was something I missed to make the process simpler, not spur an extended conversation on their distribution methods. Back to marveling at eye candy and such 🙂

Just sounds to me like this may not be the right vape for you.

Shit Snacks

Yeah this thread is unfortunately pretty cluttered with talk about the drops, funky himself came into explain why they are done this way, and it's just the way it is so... Yeah clearly people really desire the device enough and are passionate about that, when the product was originally launched as the tubo evic they were available for quite some time just in the store with much less demand than the TP80 quickly commanded... I don't know, especially if you already have a vape you like a lot, and others as well especially especially, it should not be that hard to be patient? Frustrating if you keep trying and missing, though following all the strategies many can be successful, or at least get close enough to guarantee a custom slot the next time... Some people seem to just be consistently unlucky, and it could be a lot of other variables and factors, for them it might be best to just stay on top of the classifieds and ent exchange to snag one used as soon as they become available? Awesome not easy, similar problem except you have no advance notice of when they're coming lol I admit I am tempted to get another, just so I can sell it at cost to another member who has been anxiously clamoring for one! Hang in there my dudes, used mine for awakened bake this morning pre-workout with candyman sativa herbs through heady j-hook, it is very nice quick and effective, but it's not like it is the end all be all of vapes (though some would disagree of course) if that helps anyone with the waiting game?

Wick-flair

I was what some would consider lucky as I got a device on my second attempt. I did find the experience stressful as my first CC was denied even after contacting my bank ahead of time.

My problem isn't with the process of obtaining one, but more with the wait and lack of communication. It's been nearly three months and still no device. I recently sold my house and am moving and was hoping to receive this before living at a new address. I followed up via email a few times with questions and to get a status update. Unfortunately I only received a response once which is really quiet bad customer service if you ask me. What if I have an issue with my p80? Can I expect a lack of communication?

The other part I don't understand is how can there already be another drop if those from last drop are still pending? Maybe focus on building the current orders before building new pre builds?

With all that said I hope when I finally receive this it lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I was what some would consider lucky as I got a device on my second attempt. I did find the experience stressful as my first CC was denied even after contacting my bank ahead of time.

My problem isn't with the process of obtaining one, but more with the wait and lack of communication. It's been nearly three months and still no device. I recently sold my house and am moving and was hoping to receive this before living at a new address. I followed up via email a few times with questions and to get a status update. Unfortunately I only received a response once which is really quiet bad customer service if you ask me. What if I have an issue with my p80? Can I expect a lack of communication?

The other part I don't understand is how can there already be another drop if those from last drop are still pending? Maybe focus on building the current orders before building new pre builds?

With all that said I hope when I finally receive this it lives up to the hype.
please send me your order number and ill see where we are at

Arbornaut

My favorite way to use the TetraP80 is 400°f with a warm up into cruise mode. Usually get 3 or 4 big rips with a basket screen, which is perfect for me.

Anyone prefer On-demand use with their TetraP80?

Shit Snacks

My favorite way to use the TetraP80 is 400°f with a warm up into cruise mode. Usually get 3 or 4 big rips with a basket screen, which is perfect for me.

Anyone prefer On-demand use with their TetraP80?

I like on demand with the tank, and when upright, I take the first hit upside down, but then I use it right side up, usually I am cruising upside down on hooks though!

Top Bottom