Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi guys, new to this thread but I've had my P80 for a couple months now. I haven't used it a ton primarily bc I baby my unit, but really I have been doing alot of my vaping on the go. My question is, are you guys able to kick your bowl in a couple hits? I pack the basket and find I usually need a couple minutes to finish a bowl (430F on cruise). I expected to get bigger hits than my FW7 (which I don't intend to turn this into a comparison bc people love both units) but I've yet to reach the thickness of hits i achieve with the FW7.

Yeah it's definitely going to be different, the different heater tech involved, however you also need different technique between them... I always feel like I get best performance with the tetra with a faster deep inhaling draw, I think you really want to breathe in and for as long as possible, if a quick extraction is your goal (note doing this it can be quite harsh for me! Tore myself up the other evening lol) and yeah I will often would use 425 or 435 as my max that way though I do like to use 385 or 395 instead though of course not as quick... Also don't pack the basket too full or too tight, FW7 likes a 3/4 or 1/2 full tight pack, but TP80 you would want to keep it a bit more loose suggest a gentle tamp? Also a nice even consistent medium fine grind helps!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hey all,

I managed to snag a lightly used P80 on EntExchange (hooray!). I want to order a few more stems from Lamart, and one of them that I think might fit my needs is the wooden capsule stems. Just curious if anyone has compared the straight glass insert with amaze cooler vs the spikey glass. I'm inclined to go for the latter, but if the former works wonders in a shorter config on the go I'd pay attention.

I apologize if this has been litigated to death in this thread. Its a lot of pages, and the things I'm searching for (amaze, capsule, dosing) don't narrow it down much.

Edit: from earlier in the thread it also seems like the nub stem isn't really worth buying with the tank available for a discrete on-the-go option (most folks say the nub gets pretty hot and the tank offers similar cooling without burning your lips). Just curious if anyone disagrees with that assessment.

Shit Snacks

Hey all,

I managed to snag a lightly used P80 on EntExchange (hooray!). I want to order a few more stems from Lamart, and one of them that I think might fit my needs is the wooden capsule stems. Just curious if anyone has compared the straight glass insert with amaze cooler vs the spikey glass. I'm inclined to go for the latter, but if the former works wonders in a shorter config on the go I'd pay attention.

I apologize if this has been litigated to death in this thread. Its a lot of pages, and the things I'm searching for (amaze, capsule, dosing) don't narrow it down much.

It's okay I won't yell at you ;)

Yes a-maze cooler actually is pretty amaze, and perhaps superior to the spikes particularly in a short capsule stem... I have that and the long bent stem insert each with an amaze cooler, and I have spiky short bent stem and the longer old bent stem, with spikes and without... As I'm not such a fan of the wooden capsule stem, I actually keep meaning to take the amaze cooler out of that insert and put it in my plain bent stem, it is quite good!

When in doubt though, always try both of course :D

Edit: from earlier in the thread it also seems like the nub stem isn't really worth buying with the tank available for a discrete on-the-go option (most folks say the nub gets pretty hot and the tank offers similar cooling without burning your lips). Just curious if anyone disagrees with that assessment.

Nub some people do like here, I've seen at least one or three, I myself prefer to use it with Splinter Milaana iHeat instead however, for exactly that reason of the mouthpiece getting hot with how I use my tetra... The tank is a bit more comfortable in this regard, as it restricts the draw more, and has that little mouthpiece stem, depending on your use the top could still get warm though btw

When in doubt though, always try both of course :lol:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
It's okay I won't yell at you ;)

Yes a-maze cooler actually is pretty amaze, and perhaps superior to the spikes particularly in a short capsule stem... I have that and the long bent stem insert each with an amaze cooler, and I have spiky short bent stem and the longer old bent stem, with spikes and without... As I'm not such a fan of the wooden capsule stem, I actually keep meaning to take the amaze cooler out of that insert and put it in my plain bent stem, it is quite good!

When in doubt though, always try both of course :D

Nub some people do like here, I've seen at least one or three, I myself prefer to use it with Splinter Milaana iHeat instead however, for exactly that reason of the mouthpiece getting hot with how I use my tetra... The tank is a bit more comfortable in this regard, as it restricts the draw more, and has that little mouthpiece stem, depending on your use the top could still get warm though btw

When in doubt though, always try both of course :lol:
Your advice leaves a lot to be desired when trying not to spend an arm and a leg! Its all good though, I like to experience things myself. The p80 in question (purpleheart with a lacewood insert, pour one out for the gentleman who had to sell it two weeks after arrival--I promise to cherish it sir!) comes with a bent spikey stem and a WPA. I ordered a tank MP for an on-the-go discrete option and tried one of the wooden capsule stems with a spikey glass insert. I figure at home I'll likely use it with the spikey stem/WPA, and for true portable use with either the tank or wooden stem depending on how rugged I think those are. I've still got my dynavap for true rugged on the go, so I expect the p80 will mostly see use as a dog walking vape or on day hikes/overnight camping trips and the like. I'm pretty excited for something I can temp step with, though. I adore my woodscents, but you can't really temp step in a single session as you need to let it stabilize at temp after adjusting the vvps, so this will be a new experience for me!

Wick-flair

Got my p80 and love how it looks. I've read of the instructions and skimmed this page, but there is so much information.

What are your preferred settings when solo and how about when having a session with friends? Looking for any tips you have.

jbm

Got my p80 and love how it looks. I've read of the instructions and skimmed this page, but there is so much information.

What are your preferred settings when solo and how about when having a session with friends? Looking for any tips you have.
I usually only vape solo, and I’m a big fan of w2c mode. Gives a great first hit. Sometimes I just cruise for the second hit, or I’ll repeat w2c.

thunderstealer1337

What specifically are you questioning? There are 2/3 more pages to the manual - checkout lamarts website. The info is very simply laid out and ez to absorb. (Not a lot of info)

I say this because nobody realizes lamart also program/designed his firmware for instant hits, I see this called out when xyz vs p80. The p80 con is longer heatup time, well the maker put in firmware for those that want instant on demand hits with no heatup time - you guys just never realized it 🤣

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Wick-flair

What specifically are you questioning? There are 2/3 more pages to the manual - checkout lamarts website. The info is very simply laid out and ez to absorb.

I say this because nobody realizes lamart also program/designed his firmware for instant hits, I see this called out when xyz vs p80. The p80 con is longer heatup time, well the maker put in firmware for those that want instant on demand hits with no heatup time - you guys just never realized it 🤣
Everyone is different but just trying to get a feel for everyone's preferred settings.

Wick-flair,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Everyone is different but just trying to get a feel for everyone's preferred settings.

I really recommend skimming through the thread, it sucks because it's cluttered with useless garbage basically, but there are gems if you skim, or even used a search feature at the top "technique" or whatever search term (check the box to search this thread only)

I am still predominantly using my TP80 in cruise, 375 to 425 (I set mine to go up and down by 10, but be sat at the 5 instead of 0) upside down on top of whatever stem or mostly WPA on jayhook, removing it to clear each hit, keeping it running in between hits, medium fine grind basket loading, fast inhale deep rips... The tank is nice on demand, I'll still take the first hit upside down when basket loading so the herbs then stay put when I flip it the other way in use afterwards, higher temps maybe necessary for on demand use is all, temperature is always relative for pure convection like this! But yes FJ did a fantastic job in the calibration and the firmware so there really is a lot you can do and everyone is different here

Makroskop

After 3 month of waiting time I finally received my device too. Even if it was delivered broken the first time, the service worked well, but the german customs is so fucking stupid and bad, they caused a real big delay and at the end they didnt even looked in to the accompanying documents and sent it back to lamart.... The 2. try reached me then after some days.

The tetra p80 is really amazing. Ive not really thought it would win against the TM in taste and extraction power and ofcourse design. ;D

I think its the glas heater doing the little difference between p80 and TM.

Warm up cruise mode ftw! The hits so huge and tastefull, it is simple impressive.

The only thing I have to complain now is that 3 of 7 batteries not working in the p80, but in the TM they are working all. I think its because of the plus contact at the battery, some have the contact a little bit inside of the battery, some a little bit outside, so there is a little range in size of battery.

Might that be the problem why the contact/device dont detect 3 of my batteries?
What do you think about that issue ?

passenger

is this thing on?
Yea. Maybe you had the Batteries in a different device once and the + got bent back a little? I dunno, could be. Dedicate some working 18650 to the P80 only maybe and stick with them?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hey all,

I have the wooden stem with the glass/titanium insert, the bent spikey, two nubs, and two coolers. Out of them all for best comfort it's easily the spikey stem. It's the most ergonomic hand to lips. Cooling wise, they're all about the same to me. As far as clogging, worst is the nub, second the cooler, and the others don't clog. For in pocket, nub or cooler. Getting hot worst is nub then cooler. They all serve a purpose,, and the wooden stems are money as well. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom