Tetra P80

Jason Mendoza

Can someone measure all sides of their p80? I couldn't find it online. I want to do a mock up of my custom unit.
****BTW, the only reason my custom unit is still in process is due to ME, not Lamart. ****

Edit: Anybody want to share their custom unit or their design to be? Maybe even the design constraints of the P80?

pinetrrizzle

especially after seeing @robophant submission (super slick...) i'm curious what most people send funky for their customs designs, and what their process was. if i ever go for another custom, probably whenever the penta p80 is released, i may have to consult an actual designer...

i'll offer some perspective with a laugh - this is one of the pieces for cutouts i sent funky after we'd discussed wood selection and more general layout/design... drawn in ms paint... some of the stuff on yesterday's drop was just filthy, and it seems like lamart and custom slot winners are only getting more creative.

210220 - drawings1.JPG

robophant

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community :tup:

Wow!! This looks so beautiful! :love::love: The glow in the dark is blowing my mind!
Yeah the glow in the dark is awesome. One thing to note (at least from my understanding) is that the glow in the dark material requires an initial light source. The pictures I showed were a result of me shining a flashlight on it for a couple seconds. I haven't actually tested to see how long it lasts. Either way it is still pretty cool

robophant

especially after seeing @robophant submission (super slick...) i'm curious what most people send funky for their customs designs, and what their process was. if i ever go for another custom, probably whenever the penta p80 is released, i may have to consult an actual designer...

i'll offer some perspective with a laugh - this is one of the pieces for cutouts i sent funky after we'd discussed wood selection and more general layout/design... drawn in ms paint... some of the stuff on yesterday's drop was just filthy, and it seems like lamart and custom slot winners are only getting more creative.

View attachment 8829
thanks!! I wanted an alice in wonderland themed vape so I sent them a few pictures and we whittled the selection down to the hat and the smile with the text. I let him complete the design (sizing & placement).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
HELL YEAH DODDLIDOWDIL, just saw my custom for the first time in theses pics, alleluia!!! 6 months wait totally worth it, (i had a very special custom order so it is a longer wait than others). Just wanted to share my happiness with you !

... But you're not going to tell us which one it is?? Congrats! :whip:the dyed burl is wiiild

purepotstill

I was lucky enough to snag a custom slot this time…. Now just to figure out what I want it to look like…. Should be a great companion to my TM
If you're like me, always vaping at home, there's a good chance your Tinymight will be gathering dust soon. As far as I like it (don't misunderstand me, it's a great vape), I always find myself taking the P80. Great great vape, and beautiful object.

This one is friggin' awesome ! I love it !
2105tp80teakblackfloralalliceback.jpg

cloudrunner79

If you're like me, always vaping at home, there's a good chance your Tinymight will be gathering dust soon. As far as I like it (don't misunderstand me, it's a great vape), I always find myself taking the P80. Great great vape, and beautiful object.

Yeah I mostly vape at home but if I do take some vapes out with me it’s usually my Dynavaps or crafty,potvone, etc.. I ended up just asking him to build me something cool with a budget of somewhere near $600usd…. I can’t wait to see what he builds for me. And that’s a sweet looking vape 😉

Shit Snacks

Yeah I mostly vape at home but if I do take some vapes out with me it’s usually my Dynavaps or crafty,potvone, etc.. I ended up just asking him to build me something cool with a budget of somewhere near $600usd…. I can’t wait to see what he builds for me. And that’s a sweet looking vape 😉

Holy shit I can't wait to see what he makes you! I feel like that is higher than even dyed burl with inlay and sand etching! Got to include some heady stems though too

robophant

Thanks!!! it looks amazing glowing in the dark :D

robophant,
Reactions: suncity

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Thanks!
I had just convinced myself that I did NOT need a tetra p80 and even ignored the most recent drop.

But statements like this from a user with both is rekindling more head battles.

What with a beautiful vapbong in Europe in the classifieds and @purepotstill making such comments I am facing more dilemmas. And glow in the dark engravings. Where will it end ?

I feel an hour or two with the vrod and perhaps a serious telling off to myself will result in the wallet remaining shut for the time being. But such temptations are difficult to resist.....

I do see a tetra p80 in my future. They are too gorgeous to resist. And possibly a vapbong..... But that's it....honest....

pinetrrizzle

Thanks!
I had just convinced myself that I did NOT need a tetra p80 and even ignored the most recent drop.

But statements like this from a user with both is rekindling more head battles.

What with a beautiful vapbong in Europe in the classifieds and @purepotstill making such comments I am facing more dilemmas. And glow in the dark engravings. Where will it end ?

I feel an hour or two with the vrod and perhaps a serious telling off to myself will result in the wallet remaining shut for the time being. But such temptations are difficult to resist.....

I do see a tetra p80 in my future. They are too gorgeous to resist. And possibly a vapbong..... But that's it....honest....
probably a bit biased, but why not:

i've used my friend's TM quite a bit now. thing rips, no doubt (though no bigger than the tp80, for me at least). he only has the short stem so far, which imho gets way too hot way too fast (at least compared to the spiked bendy or a j-hook with tp80). but i just find the workflow of the p80 much simpler, faster, and easier to keep clean. i remove the slide after each pull for cleanliness/inspection, yada yada, and that is a pain in the ass with the TM to the point it's not worth doing it. plus i just don't like putting that much force onto the stem if i don't have to. don't care for the cooling unit/o-ring. and then there's the button...

that said the TM definitely fits better in the hand, and it's been more mobile since with the tp80 i'm not going to bring a piece of art to a brewery and place it on the table... the TM on the hand has been excellent for that. seems like having each device would be a great choice, but if i could only pick one...

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Appreciate that. I'm using a long spiked stem and no cooling unit and no need to remove the stem for me.
And I take your point wrt portability....

My take is I have no real need for a tetra. No real need whatsoever. But I shall have one ... And your points only confirm this. It's nice not to be in a rush though and drool over the ever impressive designs as they come out....

Shit Snacks

Appreciate that. I'm using a long spiked stem and no cooling unit and no need to remove the stem for me.
And I take your point wrt portability....

My take is I have no real need for a tetra. No real need whatsoever. But I shall have one ... And your points only confirm this. It's nice not to be in a rush though and drool over the ever impressive designs as they come out....

Yes it is something different, despite the similarities, tetra can be everything you need, but it can also fulfill a perfect spot in a collection of any size, go slow and low or fast and hard, full range versatility is here regardless! There is a lot more personality, in each tetra, as we can see by the models released with each drop, while the way it performs with the firmware customized specifically for convection vaping makes it completely consistent, fully digital with a very capable compact heater, plenty of steel and glass purity and power to boot :tup:

Ripstar

I have really been enjoying Lamarts J-hooks. But, I think the wooden stem with a glass insert/cooling piece is my favorite. Love the bendy though too. So many options! I love this thing.
Also, this is my new custom:
https://ibb.co/mc0RNp2
https://ibb.co/bLTVRFP
https://ibb.co/yN0GVxh

Loved the Red Laos Burl but wanted to "punk" it up with the orange and blue burl. The blue is much lighter in person, looks amazing!

Last edited:

pinetrrizzle

I have really been enjoying Lamarts J-hooks. But, I think the wooden stem with a glass insert/cooling piece is my favorite. Love the bendy though too. So many options! I love this thing.
Also, this is my new custom:
https://ibb.co/mc0RNp2
https://ibb.co/bLTVRFP
https://ibb.co/yN0GVxh

Loved the Red Laos Burl but wanted to "punk" it up with the orange and blue burl. The blue is much lighter in person, looks amazing!
that was one of the standouts in the last drop for me... nice work

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hey everyone. I've been gazing longingly at the P80 since pretty much I joined FC in February. At the time I didn't even realize it was a drop based system (I'd occasionally see mentions but it was always out of stock on their site, so I figured it was just discontinued or something) haha.

I've looked at a couple of portable options, but I held off because with covid I never really need more than my desktop and a dynavap for when I'm doing something outdoors where a TP80 or similar would not be appropriate (to me anyway--I'm thinking of things where the possibility of damaging a nicer electronic vape would be non trivial, so downhill skiing, mountain biking, things of that nature). Now that things are slowly opening up I want to get something that beats the DV in terms of discretion, flavor, and ease of use--I think the TP80 will fit my needs well, and the aesthetics are a huge bonus--functional art is always a nice bonus =).

I started trying in earnest at the last drop, but no dice. I gather from a spreadsheet someone posted recently of drop sizes and dates that I've got a month or two to wait, but I wanted to see if folks can comment on the most reliable way to get one. I wanted to just get a prebuilt last time, but it seems in my brief (30 seconds?) scan for a favorite whichever I picked was also highly sought after, and that let to a cascade where everything was gone before I tried to get a custom. Is it the case as I'm guessing that just throwing in a custom is the most reliable way to score one just because there are multiple slots? Bit of a bummer having to tack on an extra wait, but I'd rather just get the order in than keep racing people to buy one--I can always look into spares and such when they're a little easier to acquire, as I'd feel bad snagging a duplicate when there are lots of people still trying.

This got rambly (blame the morning coffee and Woodscents use!)--tl;dr are custom slots the easiest/most reliable way to get in on the drops?

Last edited:
gordontreeman,
Reactions: jjvapes

jbm

This got rambly (blame the morning coffee and Woodscents use!)--tl;dr are custom slots the easiest/most reliable way to get in on the drops?
I only have the one custom, but that seemed like the best option to me. The idea is that you just fill out the custom options with anything, because you're also going to choose the "Let's talk" option. Once you've got the slot you can contact @funkyjunky and discuss at leisure what you want. I'd also make sure beforehand that your bank/cc processor is cool with placing the order. You'd also want to have an account, be logged into it, etc etc.

I can tell you it's well worth it. I love mine; it's become my bedside vape. I also have one of the wooden capsule stems, which is beautiful, and is taking me a little time to get used to. But the p80 is a work of art and feels incredibly solid in the hand.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I only have the one custom, but that seemed like the best option to me. The idea is that you just fill out the custom options with anything, because you're also going to choose the "Let's talk" option. Once you've got the slot you can contact @funkyjunky and discuss at leisure what you want. I'd also make sure beforehand that your bank/cc processor is cool with placing the order. You'd also want to have an account, be logged into it, etc etc.
Yeah I took care of all of the latter steps (account, credit card prepped for intl transactions) before the last drop--just need to get one into my cart successfully I think.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: jbm
Top Bottom