Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you, everything is clear regarding the use of cruise mode 😀
Yes actually I mentioned the glass cooling rods.
And I didn't know about j-brackets at all.
I will also go to this configuration. This will allow me to keep the tretra clean and to use it upside down more easily.
Would I be forced to use the female j-hook with a male WPA? and conversely the male hook with a female WPA?
The tank I no longer see on the lamart site and I do not have the impression that there has been a return on this rod and it looks like it is no longer in production?
For the capsule rods since I know they should be used with aluminum capsules for optimal use outdoors are no longer for me.
I don't want aluminum in my vape.
aluminum in my vape.

Ah they do have both types of jay hook available now again!

This one goes directly into the Tetra (that is your female) so no need for another wpa adapter:

Yes you do need a male to male adapter wpa to use TP80 with this one though:

That is a shame about the tank, hopefully they will have it available again though! I want to try it, also hoping for an XL version...

Oh also, even though it is not glass (well the bowl is glass, but the vapor path is silicone), the wrapped whips are very very nice and really great for cooling!!

Shit Snacks,

EddIW

Flying Low

"I never use warmup.
I find a few seconds on a deep inhale gets the coils HOT for big clouds on first draw every time. As Funky says, P80 LOVES airflow."

If you are referring to demand mode, what temperature do you begin with? I still have difficulty getting any vapor until the 3rd hit. There is no problem with the unit - it's a problem with how I use it. It is a beautiful piece of work !!!

I find 245c gets a nice cloud from cold in on-demand, similar to a pre-heat 210~c hit I feel

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ah they do have both types of jay hook available now again!

This one goes directly into the Tetra (that is your female) so no need for another wpa adapter:

Yes you do need a male to male adapter wpa to use TP80 with this one though:

That is a shame about the tank, hopefully they will have it available again though! I want to try it, also hoping for an XL version...

Oh also, even though it is not glass (well the bowl is glass, but the vapor path is silicone), the wrapped whips are very very nice and really great for cooling!!
I did not realize the whip had a glass joint. Does it also use the baskets?

FlyingLow,

Shit Snacks

I did not realize the whip had a glass joint. Does it also use the baskets?

You connect the whip to one of the other mouthpieces available, I actually use a dedicated 18.8mm male whip adapter, so yes it uses rimmed basket screens the same way as any other stem. I got mine from ddave, but they're available many places, oregon glass blower has nice thick ones too. There can be some variance in glass joint sizes though most should fit the tetra fine...

Shit Snacks,

imor jones

Doing a warm up Draw is the best!
Put the vape in warm up mode. Wait Like the 3-4 sec. Try a draw. Check If there is vapor. If not wait Like another 1-2 sec. If vapor is coming continue drawing. This hit is really the best full body hit. After that dont do another draw, or you combust!
Funkyjunky gave that advice with the warm Up draw once...
I also have the feeling, that the Warm-up cycle is a bit to Long. After exhaling my Warm-up draw i switch to cruise....
Boom

CremeFraiche1127

Starting to get the hang of the device. Definitely a bit more of a learning curve than the TM in my opinion but I think the results are better.

For those with the nub, how have you been cleaning it? I soak in a mason jar of 99% iso for a few hours and then rinse it with hot water but it never dries well, there's always unpleasant smudging and leftover residue inside.

Also, for the WPA do you guys put in a 15mm SS screen in the joint or do you use it as is with the built in glass screen? I find that using just the glass screen there's a lot of plant material that gets through and starting getting stuck in the water piece.

thunderstealer1337

Starting to get the hang of the device. Definitely a bit more of a learning curve than the TM in my opinion but I think the results are better.

For those with the nub, how have you been cleaning it? I soak in a mason jar of 99% iso for a few hours and then rinse it with hot water but it never dries well, there's always unpleasant smudging and leftover residue inside.

Also, for the WPA do you guys put in a 15mm SS screen in the joint or do you use it as is with the built in glass screen? I find that using just the glass screen there's a lot of plant material that gets through and starting getting stuck in the water piece.
how to clean your pieces the lamart way

and here is his collection of how to videos

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: dimmusp

GoldenBud

only very few people can really enjoy the 0.3g+ loading from the 15mm SS screen. it's really hardcore effects, lol. and it's really too much
better using just the basket screen, less problems for cleaning too. you can load up to 0.2g in the basket screen

but if you clean the 15mm screen immediately, it won't be dirty too much for the long run. it is just not too handy to clean it, and cause the user to forget about it ;)

Last edited:

CremeFraiche1127

It is absolutely impossible to fully clean a nubs, drives me Fucking nuts. For this, I won’t get any more. If you like clean, try the bendy spikes. It has better cooling also.
Yup, I even tried the video that @thunderstealer1337 linked. I can't get even close to what is shown in that video. I have an order of the couple bendy stems on the way! The extra cooling will be nice, the nub gets a little hot for me since I like back to back hits.
only very few people can really enjoy the 0.3g+ loading from the 15mm SS screen. it's really hardcore effects, lol. and it's really too much
better using just the basket screen, less problems for cleaning too. you can load up to 0.2g in the basket screen

but if you clean the 15mm screen immediately, it won't be dirty too much for the long run. it is just not too handy to clean it, and cause the user to forget about it ;)
That's fair. I mostly don't like loading the rim basket because I'm paranoid of getting herb in the base of the chamber. I have stuff that's been stuck in my Milaana for MONTHS and it's been irrationally bothering me to no end, lol.

CremeFraiche1127,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
if you guys need clean clean get an ultrasonic cleaner. stem and iso in Ziploc bag, ziplock in hot water in the ultrasonic. 👌

the water wash needs hot water, you can try boiling water (use a clip to not burn yourself!) and iso kind of messes with the water wash

GoldenBud

I finally found my preferred woodie combo! Smooth glass insert with amaze cooler and no baskets. This setup rips and has minimal restriction. The spiked insert added too much resistance for my taste, as did the baskets.

I love my P80!
just using the screen right? the curved screen which came with the wooden? not even the "bottom" of the capsule? lol

edit:
did you try the wooden stem with vapcap tip? it's AWESOME!!

GoldenBud,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thats right. It is RIPPIN!

Have not tried my VapCaps with it yet, but will see how it measures up against my current favorite, the JoeKing Assassin stem.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

I didn't like the idea of loading the screen domed like that, so I inserted another screen that is a bit more basket-shaped but makes the bowl very shallow... Meh!

Shit Snacks,

Ipe17

just using the screen right? the curved screen which came with the wooden? not even the "bottom" of the capsule? lol

edit:
did you try the wooden stem with vapcap tip? it's AWESOME!!
Thats how I use my wooden stem with the Piro. Just with the spiked glass insert and no capsule. But then I dont see the point of using a wooden stem without the capsule and come back to my bendy glass stem

Shit Snacks

When you vape without the capsule, how do you keep material from falling into the heating element? Do you pack the herbs?

When you take the first hits upside down like I do, the herb will stay seated in the basket screens after... with the capsule I made sure to keep it upside down since it wasn't quite as secure as the mesh, but it does work. Also remember there is a heater screen to protect heater from bits, packing helps too!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't pack, but like Shit Snacks, I keep it upside down for the first draw or two, then it is set in there.

I do find that any little bits that may sprinkle down, easily blow out. After being vaped, it is very dry and not resinous, so it does not stick to anything and just falls right out.

@Golden ~ I don't think my stems shape lends itself to pairing with my DV tips, the bowl on the stem prevents the tip from reaching the bottom of my IH [therefor it cannot activate the heater] and it leaves no room for torching.

GoldenBud

I don't pack, but like Shit Snacks, I keep it upside down for the first draw or two, then it is set in there.

I do find that any little bits that may sprinkle down, easily blow out. After being vaped, it is very dry and not resinous, so it does not stick to anything and just falls right out.

@Golden ~ I don't think my stems shape lends itself to pairing with my DV tips, the bowl on the stem prevents the tip from reaching the bottom of my IH [therefor it cannot activate the heater] and it leaves no room for torching.
Ahhh right, ok. if you use IH it's not too long to get inside for activation (lol)

GoldenBud,

CremeFraiche1127

So I've started having an issue with the on demand mode. I haven't dropped the unit or anything at all and this happens with different batteries.
When I'm holding the button for on demand, the light will randomly turn on and off at seemingly random intervals. The light is fine in cruise mode, so I'm not sure if it's an issue of the battery connection. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be the button?

EDIT: Actually I figured it out. I have to put on a little more pressure after the tactile feedback from the button. I've never had to do that before so I'm not quite sure what could've made this start to happen.

Last edited:
CremeFraiche1127,

GoldenBud

EDIT: Actually I figured it out. I have to put on a little more pressure after the tactile feedback from the button. I've never had to do that before so I'm not quite sure what could've made this start to happen.
yeah it is built for the cases when people forget their mod in their backpack and it may "FIRE" without their permission..that's why the button is harder to press than a regular button

CremeFraiche1127

yeah it is built for the cases when people forget their mod in their backpack and it may "FIRE" without their permission..that's why the button is harder to press than a regular button
That makes sense! I could've sworn it didn't require that much pressure before but I haven't been exactly sober minded while using it so I could just be now noticing.

CremeFraiche1127,
Top Bottom