Tetra P80

Terpenetime

Are you guys getting more then 2-3 hits a basket ?

This device is so good that there’s many different ways of hitting it and getting great results, so it’s all about experimentation.

Last night I tried filling the basket using the straw method and gave it a good tamp, so it was more packed than usual. I set the temperature to 420F, clicked three times for the warm up mode and once it had started cruising I hit it hard for two huge rips followed by a smaller clean up. The draw resistance was more than usual so airflow had definitely been reduced by the packed bowl and firm tamp. However, the material was fully extracted with zero hot spots. Impressive!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
This device is so good that there’s many different ways of hitting it and getting great results, so it’s all about experimentation.

This guy gets it.

I've rarely put my P80/TetraX down since getting them - really happy to have this vape (in an updated form nontheless!!) back in my rotation... Huge power, super pure taste and a HUGE amount of options.

I'm really not sure there is a portable that is both this powerful, while tasting this pure

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are you using the medium with the p80

I only own the fine plate, just ordered a medium plate with a second BCG last week. The fine plate is very versatile, I actually grind upside down to get a real fine grind since regular grind is a nice consistent medium fine for me. Of course this does depend on the buds however...

Shit Snacks,

HighLads

I had an arrival this week and have been putting her and my 18650 charger through their paces, what a pleasure I must say. I've barely scratched the surface, it's been 5 days of exclusively stem packed Warmup to cruise at 230°C over and over using the spikey stem or carbed WPA. Is this the quickest way to extract?

I pack the stem and seal with the baskets. I've seen people use the baskets or use the stem without the baskets. Does this cause debris to get into the heater eventually and can you get it out if it does? Maybe an extra screen would help prevent it.

Terpenetime

I pack the stem and seal with the baskets. I've seen people use the baskets or use the stem without the baskets. Does this cause debris to get into the heater eventually and can you get it out if it does? Maybe an extra screen would help prevent it.

It depends on how you grind your weed, how dry it is and how you pack it. The coarser the grind, the danker your weed and the tighter you pack will all contribute to less material falling into your heater. I started by packing the joint but I’m currently a basket packer as I found that gave better results. I’ve had some specs fall in but nothing that a quick blow couldn’t easily get out, so I wouldn’t concern yourself too much with it.

Terpenetime,

Shit Snacks

I had an arrival this week and have been putting her and my 18650 charger through their paces, what a pleasure I must say. I've barely scratched the surface, it's been 5 days of exclusively stem packed Warmup to cruise at 230°C over and over using the spikey stem or carbed WPA. Is this the quickest way to extract?

Congrats! If you read the previous page we are talking about loading, I find it far more efficient to load just the basket screen with no cap, and I use my Tetra upside down mostly (especially for the first hit, after that it is pretty well seated with nothing to spill, but yeah that's what the heater screen is for, to catch any potential crumbs)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Does anyone know what size the heater screen is?
In the event of replacement... it is a bit smaller than the screens for the adapter joints.

FlyingLow,

Redline

So my Tetra P80 should be here tomorrow!! I'm excited. I'm a newb to vapes, I only have a dynavap at the moment. Would someone be able to take a couple pictures of the different ways to pack their bowls, either with the basket, screen, or stem. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right, thanks! :)

Shit Snacks

So my Tetra P80 should be here tomorrow!! I'm excited. I'm a newb to vapes, I only have a dynavap at the moment. Would someone be able to take a couple pictures of the different ways to pack their bowls, either with the basket, screen, or stem. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right, thanks! :)

I don't think you'll have any problem, when you see it it's pretty self-explanatory, either load into the joint and cap with rimmed basket screen, or just load directly into the basket screen... Also remember that it will function nothing like the vapcap, so focus on learning new technique too

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Redline

1nd3cEnt

Just got mine today and it’s great so far.

I may have changed some settings in the “expert” menu as I was exploring.
I have some pictures:

https://ibb.co/0ZdsLgN
https://ibb.co/L8tq99p

Does this look right? I’m just not sure what the default settings are and I don’t want to goof anything up right out of the box.
Can someone please let me know if their “expert” settings match the pictures?
thanks in advance!

Unlike the Tetra P80, mods for the TetraX have to be user-configured, so this is my best take on the various functions in "Expert". Note that Artic Fox also has some of these functions in "Advanced":

USB: HID/COM/DSK - usb charging protocol
DBG: OFF/ON - debugging
X32: OFF/ON - x-usb expansion cards
LSL: OFF/ON - scripts for usb control
NFE: OFF/ON - nfe toolkit/Artic Fox
SHR: (numeric) - type of usb card
UCH: OFF/ON - usb control hub
BAT: GEN(eric) - type of battery (non-variable)
BVO: (voltages) - volt-charging "ready-boost"

Last edited:
1nd3cEnt,

Slickwilly

Does anyone know what size the heater screen is?
In the event of replacement... it is a bit smaller than the screens for the adapter joints.

From a side view it looks like the screen is bent slightly all around its edge. It seems to be in what looks like the round part of an adapter. Could the tetra engine be a female to female adapter possibly?
On left of screen you can see start of other frosted joint around glass rods? On right of screen is the spiked bendy joint with my basket screen, perfect distance between the two.

On my p80 the screen inside I can see the top edge slightly bent down like the side view pictured. Certain spots a can see a slight gap between the bent edge of screen and the glass, this is usually where I find a few bits get stuck.
My OCD was thinking about removing my screen but after a few nice rips off my P80 I changed my mind quickly

Not sure if this helps with the size of the inside screen but it maybe the adapter screen made smaller like you said?

Man I love the Zig Zag :rockon:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

I'm running a Mac using OS X Catalina. I went to run the updater from Lamart's site and I get a message that the application won't run under this version of the OS. Does anyone know what versions of the OS the updater works for and whether this will be updated for the latest Mac OS or not?

David

madhockeydad,

Talxochtli

Hi there,

I got my P80 from latest batch almost 2 weeks ago and I love it <3

My prefer usage is with the Sherlock from Herborizer :

awesome.thumb.jpg.ab56017747f0d6d8780461bd0a730f9b.jpg

Would someone be able to take a couple pictures of the different ways to pack their bowls, either with the basket, screen, or stem. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right, thanks! :)

I posted yesterday a review here: https://www.cannaweed.com/forums/topic/227048-tetra-p80-de-lamart/
With this pic :
load.jpg.555e87accba5e02f79d5ca631044bafd.jpg

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Hi

I'm running a Mac using OS X Catalina. I went to run the updater from Lamart's site and I get a message that the application won't run under this version of the OS. Does anyone know what versions of the OS the updater works for and whether this will be updated for the latest Mac OS or not?

David

You could try the updater from Wismec, but I couldn't find out, if it'll run under Catalina:

https://www.wismec.com/software/wismec-tc-software-for-upgrading-sinuous-p80/

If not and you don't have access to any Windows, the last would be to set up a VM. I'm on Linux, so I've to go the VM way too for changing firmware :)

Alex3oe,

Whoisjuju

Unlike the Tetra P80, mods for the TetraX have to be user-configured, so this is my best take on the various functions in "Expert". Note that Artic Fox also has some of these functions in "Advanced":

USB: HID/COM/DSK - usb charging protocol
DBG: OFF/ON - debugging
X32: OFF/ON - x-usb expansion cards
LSL: OFF/ON - scripts for usb control
NFE: OFF/ON - nfe toolkit/Artic Fox
SHR: (numeric) - type of usb card
UCH: OFF/ON - usb control hub
BAT: GEN(eric) - type of battery (non-variable)
BVO: (voltages) - volt-charging "ready-boost"

Thanks for the helpful input!

Whoisjuju,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
you can cap the basket with another screen, but you only add restriction... I don't believe many put a cap on it, but really nothing much falls in. If it does, you can easily blow it out.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Redline
Top Bottom