Tetra P80

Potatovape

Typically it can be anything from a few hours to a few days, which is fine as he’s obviously a busy guy and has a business to run. On this occasion however it’s been 23 days since I received my last reply and six days since I sent him my last ‘gentle reminder’. :goon:

The thing that irks me is that I’m waiting for WPA’s that should have included with my P80, which was delivered on the 24th March. Anyone can make a mistake but once identified, it should be put right ASAP in my opinion :2c: :peace:
Damn thats a long ass time, I usually send an email a day for 3 days then just give up for a few weeks lol. I agree with your stance on Making things right with mistakes. Right now I’m writing up a cautionary warning against SLX grinders on reddit. I’ve tried to contact them numerous times and ways for over a year and they’ve never answered, so I’m making sure no one else makes my mistake in purchasing one

Potatovape,

imor jones

OK, but after stirring the herbs are dry and not holding in place anymore. Or are you guys not stirring then? Or again upside down after stirring?

imor jones,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am getting full extraction with no stir.

I load basket via the straw method and medium/fine grind, keeping it fluffy and not packed. Tap out the top layer so that it is not full, then CRUISE mode and go for it. I do not tamp it down. I am set to 440*F and pull till the vapor runs out, I get full extraction without stir.

imor jones

But what's about stirring. After stirring the dry herbs are not staying in place anymore. Then there is upside down again required.

Edit:
Sorry for double posting :)

imor jones,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am getting full extraction with no stir.

I load basket via the straw method and medium/fine grind, keeping it fluffy and not packed. Tap out the top layer so that it is not full, then CRUISE mode and go for it. I do not tamp it down. I am set to 440*F and pull till the vapor runs out, I get full extraction without stir.

This guy gets it, and he is a new Tetra owner no less! I actually start as low as 345F (often 365, sometimes 375 and 385) myself though and temp step, often finishing below 425 and its spent... I should try starting hiiigh like you!

But what's about stirring. After stirring the dry herbs are not staying in place anymore. Then there is upside down again required.

Edit:
Sorry for double posting :)

No need to stir at all when loading basket screen like this, Tetra heater provides a very even extraction with the temp controlled regulation

Shit Snacks,

imor jones

Ok, i thought most people would cap the basket screen. I sticked to use it. But should give it a try again without. Also with my splinter z and dreamwood glow.
I have a tubo and not a tp80. But with all my vapes I feel like stirring still helps for another good hit...
But yeah I will check not capping again ;)

imor jones,

Shit Snacks

Ok, i thought most people would cap the basket screen. I sticked to use it. But should give it a try again without. Also with my splinter z and dreamwood glow.
I have a tubo and not a tp80. But with all my vapes I feel like stirring still helps for another good hit...
But yeah I will check not capping again ;)

But I already wrote with Ralph. He will upgrade my heater to a tetra heater :)
Took him a good month to reply I think ;)

Oh lol then you're in the wrong thread! :p

Yes Tetra heater is providing a more even extraction than the Tubo heater. I used to be an advocate for stirring with all my pure convection vapes as well, but the next generation like this (and Splinters with temp control set up) have made me lazier, no need to stir anymore. I've tried stirring, and I don't find that it made that last hit any less wispy or spent tasting, much better to just finish and then load a fresh bowl!

Despite my ocd I don't use a cap screen for any of these vapes, because it definitely hurts performance in my experience and is just more tedious to set up anyway (loading/ unloading)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Catweasel

imor jones

Yeah, right. Stupid to post in this thread with my thoughts, not having a tetra heater... sorry for the confusion

imor jones,

SquirrelMaster

@Potatovape They can take a while to reply. I emailed on the 17th and I haven't heard back yet. The only thing that irks me about that is that I was looking to add some glass to my on-hold P80 order and I had wood questions before I added them but now I've missed the sale because I didn't hear back.

SquirrelMaster,

dimmusp

I like my WPA but it gets used 5% of the time with my P80, vs 95% of time spent with the spiked bent stem.
That's music to my ears! I don't like to mess around with water and big glass pieces so I look forward to just using the spiked bent stem :)

What kind of grinding do you guys do for the Tetra P80 / TetraX? I'm thinking of either pinching little nugs by hand or going for the ol' scissors in a shot glass. Otherwise, maybe getting an expensive stainless steel grinder because I don't like the thought of tiny acrylic or aluminum flakes making their way into my vapor :hmm:

dimmusp,

Shit Snacks

That's music to my ears! I don't like to mess around with water and big glass pieces so I look forward to just using the spiked bent stem :)

What kind of grinding do you guys do for the Tetra P80 / TetraX? I'm thinking of either pinching little nugs by hand or going for the ol' scissors in a shot glass. Otherwise, maybe getting an expensive stainless steel grinder because I don't like the thought of tiny acrylic or aluminum flakes making their way into my vapor :hmm:

Be prepared stir if you don't have a consistent grind by the way, the extraction is even, but perhaps not like that... Can still do whole nugs

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
+1, stirring will get you further extraction. But as Snacks describe above, it really is not necessary when you pair the right grind with the right packing technique.

Shit Snacks

For sure not an SLX haha. But in all seriousness, are BC grinders worth that much money? I get they’re amazing and worth a lot but $110?

We should take this to PM, but yes. Actually better yet come on over here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/brilliant-cut-grinder.26878/page-73
(also on sale for $80 right now)

Back to the Tetra P80, I ordered an ash wood short capsule stem with short glass insert and long glass bent inserts, along with a couple of a-maze coolers (excited to finally give those a try!)

Shit Snacks,

hoyo77

hoyo77,

Whoisjuju

Just got mine today and it’s great so far.

I may have changed some settings in the “expert” menu as I was exploring.

I have some pictures:

https://ibb.co/0ZdsLgN
https://ibb.co/L8tq99p

Does this look right? I’m just not sure what the default settings are and I don’t want to goof anything up right out of the box.

Can someone please let me know if their “expert” settings match the pictures?

thanks in advance!

Whoisjuju,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Depends on material, but usually 3-5 real deep draws back to back to back to back to etc.
I do not tend to let my material cool down once I begin.

Try to pack full but super fluffy and loose. I don't use my hands at all, just graze the basket over your ground material while sucking up the mouthpiece like a straw. You will get the perfect pack every time. Tap out a little bit so not totally full, no need to pack down. I usually hold the device upside down on the first draw to set the material into the stem.

FlyingLow,

imor jones

Try to pack full but super fluffy and loose. I don't use my hands at all, just graze the basket over your ground material while sucking up the mouthpiece like a straw. You will get the perfect pack every time. Tap out a
lbit so not totally full, no need to pack down. I usually hold the device upside down on the first draw to set the material into the stem.

Last nite I did exactly this.
Also not capping the basket screen.
Much better performance than with the cap. Aaahh why did I used the cap so long...

Top Bottom