Tetra P80

thunderstealer1337

These were literally sold out within 3 mins.

I was able to add to cart, press checkout and got .......

.... Means oos

Next time I won't try on my sloww ass LTE phone, looks like I was beat to checkout by seconds? 12:03 refreshed and nothing in stock

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: abcd5432

vapeaveli420

Hey guys quick couple of questions:

1) can I use the beeswax that I got from Tinymight or the butter from SB to condition the wood? I’ve got the Purple Heart wood.

2) ive been seeing that it’s best to start high with this beast, at like 205c? Is that correct? I normally start at 170c with mighty and Tinymight and I get amazing results

3) How long does it take to receive a prebuilt tetra?

thank you all in advance.

vapeaveli420,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Is appreciate any input. So was reading email. It says 12 per built and 15 customs where were the 15 customs

Melting Pot,

Hodge123

@Melting Pot on the same pages as the pre built units there's the Tetra P80 - custom that shows in the picture 20 P80's, click on that and at the time of the drop yesterday 15 custom slots became available.... it could be an easier way to get one, just know before hand what wood and stems you want....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys quick couple of questions:

1) can I use the beeswax that I got from Tinymight or the butter from SB to condition the wood? I’ve got the Purple Heart wood.

2) ive been seeing that it’s best to start high with this beast, at like 205c? Is that correct? I normally start at 170c with mighty and Tinymight and I get amazing results

3) How long does it take to receive a prebuilt tetra?

thank you all in advance.

The butter should be fine, but like I said you shouldn't really need it... I wouldn't think you would need it for sticky bricks either, that's both of these come already finished quite nicely unlike the TM...

If you want to take hits on demand, yeah definitely start higher, temp is relative, I do milk the low temps myself, but that's where cruising letting it get heat soaked helps (also as I said, loading smaller amounts in the basket screen at the tip instead of joint loading with basket screen as a cap) or try preheating at higher temps and then taking it down, or just using the warm-up feature, before using the low temps on demand.

Depending what shipping option you chose and where you are, prepare yourself for 1-3 weeks I guess

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
the system is not a great one but as someone said it is relatively ok from a service point of view. personally i am not a fan of waiting 1.5 years+ for something and i also dont think the market should dictate the price, as in auctions. i like the luck component of ordering since its kinda fair, always, maybe too fair. to make it a bit fairer, if the order is refunded in two drops in a row i can offer a custom build slot. also going for a custom build slot has a lot higher chances from the get go.

I took the advice of several folks, including yourself and went for a custom unit. I tested the hosting system on Wednesday to make sure the purchasing was operating correctly -- it was. On drop day, however, I signed in at 3 pm, following your instructions. But after selecting the first wood I found (poplar plywood, I think it was) I could not succeed in populating the screen with the ADD TO CART button. I repeated this several times. So of course without adding a unit to the cart I could not process my CC. I repeated this process several times but without success. Same thing happened to me on two previous drops earlier this year!

Luck of the draw is fine as long as I truly have a chance to submit my interest via ADDING TO CART. Minus that, the entire effort seems rather futile. Is there something I should be doing differently?

MERCI VIELMAL!

vapeaveli420

The temperature is totally relative, it is not the same 440 degrees as your other vapes, if you are favoring on demand mode then definitely try raising the temperature... or more preheat could help for the lower temps, gotta get it warmed up.
Hi Snacks. I’ve been reading through this forum today, I am intrigued by what you said. How come the temp at 440 isn’t the same as other vapes? How would I set it up to give a true reading of the temp? Also when you say pre heat for on-demand mode, is it press 3 times, then just press once to engage on-demand mode?

thanks bro.

vapeaveli420,

Shit Snacks

Hi Snacks. I’ve been reading through this forum today, I am intrigued by what you said. How come the temp at 440 isn’t the same as other vapes? How would I set it up to give a true reading of the temp? Also when you say pre heat for on-demand mode, is it press 3 times, then just press once to engage on-demand mode?

thanks bro.

you adjust the settings for the warm up to be whatever you want clickwise, but mostly I just hold the trigger down for a few seconds before I start inhaling with on demand mode as a sort of manual preheat... I honestly have not experimented with the warm up feature much, I am either on demand or just cruising for a long time anyway...

Regarding the temp control, it is a calculation based off of resistance, and you're talking about a heating element which you're pulling heat off of through a load, so there is really no way to measure the actual temperature of the load... This is just a common issue with pure convection vapes, so here it is just going to be relative you will use it and you will learn what feels like what to you, personally I find my attempts to be pretty accurate for reference, but like yeah it depends how you draw how you pack, that all affects temperatures so yeah you just can't really compare it to another vape especially if you're talking about like a session conduction vape, those are completely different technology so it's never going to be exactly like that... Having said that, mine is pretty consistent and well balanced and not unlike that experience, but I'm just saying you're going to need to spend a lot of time with it to really get the feel for you. Best thing to do with any new vape is to use only it for a while so you can really overcome the learning curve, if you are used to a different type of vape it makes it more of a struggle for some people... Anyway kind of rambling but it's tough to explain as your experience varies, I have no idea what you would be comparing it to, like tinymight is its own and so is grasshopper in my experience.

vapeaveli420

you adjust the settings for the warm up to be whatever you want clickwise, but mostly I just hold the trigger down for a few seconds before I start inhaling with on demand mode as a sort of manual preheat... I honestly have not experimented with the warm up feature much, I am either on demand or just cruising for a long time anyway...

Regarding the temp control, it is a calculation based off of resistance, and you're talking about a heating element which you're pulling heat off of through a load, so there is really no way to measure the actual temperature of the load... This is just a common issue with pure convection vapes, so here it is just going to be relative you will use it and you will learn what feels like what to you, personally I find my attempts to be pretty accurate for reference, but like yeah it depends how you draw how you pack, that all affects temperatures so yeah you just can't really compare it to another vape especially if you're talking about like a session conduction vape, those are completely different technology so it's never going to be exactly like that... Having said that, mine is pretty consistent and well balanced and not unlike that experience, but I'm just saying you're going to need to spend a lot of time with it to really get the feel for you. Best thing to do with any new vape is to use only it for a while so you can really overcome the learning curve, if you are used to a different type of vape it makes it more of a struggle for some people... Anyway kind of rambling but it's tough to explain as your experience varies, I have no idea what you would be comparing it to, like tinymight is its own and so is grasshopper in my experience.
Thank you dude, a lot of information, just cannot wait to get it and play around with it. What I don’t get, people say start at around 200c-210c with the p80, when on the Tinymight what is a similar vape to the p80 I’ll start at 4.5 what is around 170c I think, the mighty I also start at 170c, I temp step on both vapes. So with that said, starting at 205c to me sounds insane lol. As you said I think when I actually get it and play around with it, I’ll get a feel for it.

thank you again for all your advice mate!! Stay safe.

Shit Snacks

Thank you dude, a lot of information, just cannot wait to get it and play around with it. What I don’t get, people say start at around 200c-210c with the p80, when on the Tinymight what is a similar vape to the p80 I’ll start at 4.5 what is around 170c I think, the mighty I also start at 170c, I temp step on both vapes. So with that said, starting at 205c to me sounds insane lol. As you said I think when I actually get it and play around with it, I’ll get a feel for it.

thank you again for all your advice mate!! Stay safe.

No problem my man, I am happy for you that you are going to get to own both of these units finally! I remember when you joined lol

Anyway so they are actually not very similar in that all three of those vapes have remarkably different heaters, just different technology all around (and yeah mighty is session conduction too so even more different)... I start my TM below 3, which is extremely low and you wouldn't think it would produce visible vapor, but it absolutely does, further demonstrating my point about temperature being relative... With the tetra, I often start at 345-365F myself, cruising for a good heat soak, so yeah I also get visible vapor on the first hit that way too. You are correct though that a lot of people in this thread like to start higher, I think a lot of them like to use it in on demand mode to get a hit instantly, and/or they just want bigger thicker clouds from the get-go, and/or they are loading by packing the joint and capping with a basket screen instead of just loading the basket screen at the edge like I do... Does that make sense? Trust me when you get it, you'll be able to try things out, every user is different and especially when we are writing it here instead of all hanging out together... Yeah you know what I mean!

I am a low temp flavor saver cloud chaser temp stepper, but every now and then I like those quick big rips as well. With pure convection on demand vapes you really have the versatility to do any and everything!

Potatovape

So just to make sure, I should contact lamart after 5 weeks without receiving a package? I’m not sure if I need to wait more due to the virus. It’s been about 4 weeks so I’m not sure if I need to wait way more bc of the virus or if it will probably come in the next week.

Potatovape,

vapeaveli420

No problem my man, I am happy for you that you are going to get to own both of these units finally! I remember when you joined lol

Anyway so they are actually not very similar in that all three of those vapes have remarkably different heaters, just different technology all around (and yeah mighty is session conduction too so even more different)... I start my TM below 3, which is extremely low and you wouldn't think it would produce visible vapor, but it absolutely does, further demonstrating my point about temperature being relative... With the tetra, I often start at 345-365F myself, cruising for a good heat soak, so yeah I also get visible vapor on the first hit that way too. You are correct though that a lot of people in this thread like to start higher, I think a lot of them like to use it in on demand mode to get a hit instantly, and/or they just want bigger thicker clouds from the get-go, and/or they are loading by packing the joint and capping with a basket screen instead of just loading the basket screen at the edge like I do... Does that make sense? Trust me when you get it, you'll be able to try things out, every user is different and especially when we are writing it here instead of all hanging out together... Yeah you know what I mean!

I am a low temp flavor saver cloud chaser temp stepper, but every now and then I like those quick big rips as well. With pure convection on demand vapes you really have the versatility to do any and everything!
Haha yea I remember you replying to me when I first joined dude.

yea I saw you and a few others saying about the basket screens. I will definitely be trying it that way! Thanks again for all your advice mate much appreciated. I’ll let you know how I get on with it. I’m assuming it’s going to be a long wait.

thunderstealer1337

I took the advice of several folks, including yourself and went for a custom unit. I tested the hosting system on Wednesday to make sure the purchasing was operating correctly -- it was. On drop day, however, I signed in at 3 pm, following your instructions. But after selecting the first wood I found (poplar plywood, I think it was) I could not succeed in populating the screen with the ADD TO CART button. I repeated this several times. So of course without adding a unit to the cart I could not process my CC. I repeated this process several times but without success. Same thing happened to me on two previous drops earlier this year!

Luck of the draw is fine as long as I truly have a chance to submit my interest via ADDING TO CART. Minus that, the entire effort seems rather futile. Is there something I should be doing differently?

MERCI VIELMAL!

Add to cart does not mean it's yours for order. I was able to add to cart but when I clicked checkout it was ......

Also I read on reddit they sold out by 12:01, like I said I was able to add to cart but checkout 30secs later was no go

thunderstealer1337,

curiouscat

Hey guys, any rough idea on how long it takes them to reply to emails?

I know it has only been a day and now it's the weekend but I'm getting bit antsy with over $500 AUD missing from my account.

I suppose I will have to wait until next week and I'm sure Ralph will sort it out but was kind of hoping to get an email yesterday.

curiouscat,

Atomic11

So just to make sure, I should contact lamart after 5 weeks without receiving a package? I’m not sure if I need to wait more due to the virus. It’s been about 4 weeks so I’m not sure if I need to wait way more bc of the virus or if it will probably come in the next week.
My package has been outbound almost 4 weeks. Hopefully just coronavirus slowdowns.

Atomic11,

Sensory Leaf

So apparently I am getting a P80!!! I am ever so grateful to @funkyjunky and can't wait for it to come through. This waiting game is going to be killer.

@Sensory Leaf I hope you got sorted out as well mate.

Cheers guys and good luck on the next drop.

I'm waiting for the transaction (which was apparently "aborted") to be credited back to my account 🤔.
Great to hear you were lucky though, I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and hope the wait passes hastily for you.

dimmusp

What does the TUBO firmware show on the screen when you guys use it?

I did something to mine and now it switches to this different mode even if I try to reset everything by flashing ArcticFox and then flashing back to the TUBO firmware:

When that happens, the buttons only control the power (Watts) instead of the temperature (Celsius). Also, if I go to Menu --> Coils --> Manage, the "Check" option doesn't let me switch it from Yes to No for some reason. And if I go to Menu --> Vaping --> Modes, then "Power" is stuck on A and doesn't let me set it to N.

Any ideas?

I'm starting to think maybe I should just try Arctic Fox (or something newer since it hasn't been updated in a year). Is anyone using non-TUBO firmware?

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,

GoldenBud

When that happens, the buttons only control the power (Watts) instead of the temperature (Celsius). Also, if I go to Menu --> Coils --> Manage, the "Check" option doesn't let me switch it from Yes to No for some reason. And if I go to Menu --> Vaping --> Modes, then "Power" is stuck on A and doesn't let me set it to N.
go to:
Interface > Clicks > change 4 clicks to Edit
then in main screen -> 4 clicks -> Edit until you get to the first line (left button for changing which one you want to edit) -> right button -> you will see the TUBO 185 M1, no more Power mode!

dimmusp

go to:
Interface > Clicks > change 4 clicks to Edit
then in main screen -> 4 clicks -> Edit until you get to the first line (left button for changing which one you want to edit) -> right button -> you will see the TUBO 185 M1, no more Power mode!
Thanks, I followed your steps and I got it to where the "TUBO POWER" line blinks, but when I press the right button it refuses to change. My right button does work because if I switch to the battery and temperature lines it makes them change.

Any ideas?

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

Thanks, I followed your steps and I got it to where the "TUBO POWER" line blinks, but when I press the right button it refuses to change. My right button does work because if I switch to the battery and temperature lines it makes them change.

Any ideas?
TCR mode in settings set as A ?

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

At the very least you could try to reset to default factory settings @dimmusp? If you are stuck in power mode for some reason

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

Hippie

That's not power mode (see the temp on-screen)
It looks more like PPwr mode to me (power priority mode)
  • in TC mode: temperature and power readings on the screen are swapped. For convenient adjustment of both of the buttons (+ -).
  • in varivatt mode - the pre-heating settings window is called up.

• PPwr On / Off (Power Priority)

Only for TC mode (thermal monitoring)
    The temperature and power readings on the screen change places. Now you can quickly adjust the power in the TC buttons (+ -), instead of temperature. And going into the editing mode of the main screen - to adjust the temperature.
    The increase in power in the TC is analogous to the preheating of a coil in a varivatt. The higher the power set, the faster the heating of the coil to a predetermined temperature. This setting will simply allow you to more conveniently adjust this power.

The settings for PPwr mode are in the interface and interface>clicks sections

dimmusp

Thanks a lot for all the help!

In the end I was able to switch back to TUBO mode by flashing back and forth a few times, after which the Edit mode let me change the TUBO POWER line.

However, I ended going back to that mode because the temperature control in TUBO mode never works very well for me. Either the resistance is too low and it shows crazy temperatures (300-600 C) and doesn't raise the power, or it's too high and it thinks the temperature is too low (20 - 150 C) and it applies too much power to the heater. I have managed to find a resistance that's a good middle ground, where on-demand uses just the right amount of power, but it's inconsistent because sometimes it still doesn't raise the power (you have to let go of the fire button and click again so it "gets into gear").

Instead, in power mode I was finally able to get consistent vapor from my TETRAx by playing with the power between 35-45 W, so at least I know the heater and mod combination can work very effectively.

dimmusp,

dimmusp

I just came back to my vape for the second time today to find that the resistance had gone up to 0.500-0.600 ohms even though I had set it to 0.232 with the locked icon in the Coils screen. Any idea why that could be happening? My P80 is in TUBO mode.

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,
Top Bottom