Tetra P80

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Could be a re wrap? @RustyOldNail

I don’t follow this thread, but saw you mentioned me.

Unless you buy from a “trusted source”, that gets their batteries from one of the few actual manufacturers, Sony/Murata, Panasonic, LG, Molicel, etc. MOST anything else is a REWRAP, with a “name” and potentially bogus overstated specs. Rewraps can be from one of the main battery manufacturers, but most likely, a lesser bin/lot, hence cheaper to buy and rewrap and sell. Think of it this way, the best, top shelf, best test specs, go to the BIG companies, like Dewalt Power tools, for their battery packs. Other then Molicel which has authorized SINGLE CELL sales, the big battery companies DON’T sell individual cells, to avoid LIABILITY!

As I’ve mentioned before the ONLY DIFFERENCE between a Molicel P26 and P28a, is an additional 200mAh of battery capacity. The only way to know is to test them on a charger/analyzer, if the mAh and DC/AC resistance is close to the downloadable battery specification sheet, you can be fairly sure it’s an original. To be 100% sure, you need more specialized equipment, that can read the temperature of the battery when delivering HIGH AMPS.

So, if one is seemingly getting less bowls on the newer P28a battery, I’d be suspicious. It’s not an ideal way of testing, but it could be the first sign that they are not legit.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Personally, I would ONLY use an OG battery.
Glad my new lithium-ion AVD fire extinguisher came today. Great relief, hope to never need to use it. More info, link below.

EddIW

Anyone know how to use the set time / set date features in the p80/tetra evic settings? Cant get it to stick on mine so the clock is always set to noon.

EddIW,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
generally this has more to do with the age of the battery. every time i use a new battery, they perform fantastic, hg2s, 30qs, vtc6, molicel26a. after maybe 6months they start to cap power under 50% charge. so far the vtc6s hold their new feel for longest for me.

mooch:
The current “best all-around” 18650, in my opinion, is the Molicel P26A or P28A, with the Sony VTC5A close behind them. They are great performers and being able to buy Molicels from authorized vendors so we know we’re getting recent manufacture, good grade, genuine cells is really important in my opinion.

But that does not mean they’re the “best” for all vapers and all situations. Under 20W vapers will get more vaping time from the low current rated, ultra-high capacity batteries like the Sanyo NCR18650GA. Ultra-high power vapers will get better performance (less voltage sag) from a hard-hitter like the Samsung 20S. Moderate power vapers, less than about 50W per battery (100W in a two battery mod) will get a bit more run time from a battery like the Sony VTC6, Samsung 30Q, or LG HG2.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/bp6bv8 note that we dont use the batteries at their limits, ramp up at 70watts is only for 2 seconds, continuous discharge (depending on use case) is 25 to 50watts.

i will try to catch the low battery trigger a bit earlier in a next firmware update (it will take a whiiiiile). sometimes removing the battery and reinserting it (open/close batterylid) will reread the internal resistance and the algorithm will go easy on the battery, so you can enter a cruise or warmup. on demand from cold with older batteries will always be a problem at lower charge. you can also just doubleclick it into cruise until it sticks. i can deplete my batteries easily to low 10%, even 0%.

when comparing bowls per battery its important to state what bowls you are using. a new battery will generally do 4-5 baskets or 2.5 to 3 joint packs, wether 30q,h2,vtc6,molicel26a.

SquirrelMaster

I only have the option of 30Q or HG2 at a reputable online store here in Canada. No Mollicell.
As a fellow Canadian check out 18650batterystore.com as they'll ship USPS if you keep you order under a certain number of cells (13?) so the shipping costs aren't outrageous. I made an order for 10 - 26A's and 2 - VTC6's and the overall cost per cell was much lower than anything I could find in Canada, online or brick and mortar.

purepotstill

I'm still exploring these fantastic vapes. Actually, the P80 is great for microdosing. Just put a small amount in the bottom of the basket, like two pinches, and it's more than enough for me, at least during daytime. Think I'll try half baskets for evenings, I don't have a big tolerance and sometimes a full basket is just too much (got some anxiety phases), especially as home grown weed is way more potent than the one I used to buy from dealers...

txe19

My migty just died from a fall, although I was already thinking about finding a replacement for him. I see that the tetra speaks wonders, to others I thought it was from the US and I see that it is sold in Switzerland, so perfect because I am from Spain. I use a vapcap daily since then, which I used to use for travel.
I have among my options the tinymight, crafty +, the dotleaf and the tetra. Which one is on a higher level? I enjoyed the sessions with the mighty but they were a bit hard on the throat despite using a glass tube. What do you think?

txe19,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My migty just died from a fall, although I was already thinking about finding a replacement for him. I see that the tetra speaks wonders, to others I thought it was from the US and I see that it is sold in Switzerland, so perfect because I am from Spain. I use a vapcap daily since then, which I used to use for travel.
I have among my options the tinymight, crafty +, the dotleaf and the tetra. Which one is on a higher level? I enjoyed the sessions with the mighty but they were a bit hard on the throat despite using a glass tube. What do you think?

Yeah post in the ask FC section if you want a comparison of these four (very) different vapes, we don't do comparisons in specific product threads, we try to keep the conversation focused on that specific product, so the TetraP80 in this case!

I will tell you that crafty and dotleaf are session conduction devices, so they cannot really compare at all here to the speed power and purity of the TP80... Tinymight is more of a similar style on demand convection, though also very different, different heaters and regulation styles aside from form factor... The thing about Tetra is you're going to have to wait and watch to see when one's available and then rush to grab it! Well worth the effort though

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
When and/or what time are the drops usually for the TP80? it looks like such a perfect end all be all vape for the dreaded VAS that most of us deal with, especially around holiday times when sales are being pitched at us from every angle. These are really cool looking

Jimmer144,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom