Discontinued Terp Torch

PharaohJ

The very same thing happened to my Terp Torch when I finally opened it up to remove my balls. I noticed the ceramic rod had been broken and a piece of it fell out. Interesting that out of everyone I've seen we're the only two who have seem to run into this issue. I'm not sure what I could have done to have broken the rod either as I've always been pretty damn careful and haven't dropped it or anything.

WildWillie

Hmm... I'm wondering if the balls could expand enough to crush the ceramic rod, if they're packed too tight? I've played with balls in my Ditanium, and broke a couple of the quartz dishes. Not sure if that was from expansion or a trapped ball when I screwed in the bowl adapter.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I've been playing with the Terp Torch and the different type of beads I have and it's been interesting.

The Boro beads will never be used in the TT again, when I removed the Ti tip I had a couple of beads fused to the rod. These beads are not the same one that comes with the torch, it was beads I had bought to use in my SSV and I wanted to be sure they would not melt in the heater so I used them in the torch for a test, I'm glad I did. I never had problems with the beads that came with the torch but I haven't used them for a long time before I did the switch. When I was using the Boro beads I was at 775 and I always use the reducer instead of the regular bowl.

The Ruby beads are an improvement for taste of the vapor and heat delivery. I had to lower the heat to 750 to get the same results as the Boro beads.

The Ti beads really impressed me. I have to lower the heat at 725 to get the same results as the Ruby and Boro. I can lower the heat down to 625 and get amazing flavor and it might take longer but eventually the herb will all get extracted.

It's difficult to tell which one taste the best, I would need to have three torch to do a direct comparison but both Ruby and Ti are an upgrade to the Boro.

I've decided to leave the Ti beads in the Terp Torch since they perform so well and also because I like the idea of having an all Ti beads heater, it's something I don't have in my collection. The Rubies are now in my Elev8R, they make a big difference in there too with the coil to heat them up real good.

The new bowl is a good upgrade from the first version they did but it's still not perfect. The screen can fall when you stir, it's not as big of a problem when the bowl get a little bit dirty the screen stick to the glass. It might be my bowl that's not working like it should since it's glass there's always variation between the pieces. The handle is a welcome addition and the vape no longer stick to the glass when you rotate it so it help to get a bit more even heating in the bowl.

The new stirring/temping tool is a really good refining of the first one. When I stir I'm no longer afraid to break the bowl with the handle of the tool since it's a lot thinner than it was before giving me more control, also the feeling in the hands is a lot better. I love that tool.

Alexis

I've been playing with the Terp Torch and the different type of beads I have and it's been interesting.

The Boro beads will never be used in the TT again, when I removed the Ti tip I had a couple of beads fused to the rod. These beads are not the same one that comes with the torch, it was beads I had bought to use in my SSV and I wanted to be sure they would not melt in the heater so I used them in the torch for a test, I'm glad I did. I never had problems with the beads that came with the torch but I haven't used them for a long time before I did the switch. When I was using the Boro beads I was at 775 and I always use the reducer instead of the regular bowl.

The Ruby beads are an improvement for taste of the vapor and heat delivery. I had to lower the heat to 750 to get the same results as the Boro beads.

The Ti beads really impressed me. I have to lower the heat at 725 to get the same results as the Ruby and Boro. I can lower the heat down to 625 and get amazing flavor and it might take longer but eventually the herb will all get extracted.

It's difficult to tell which one taste the best, I would need to have three torch to do a direct comparison but both Ruby and Ti are an upgrade to the Boro.

I've decided to leave the Ti beads in the Terp Torch since they perform so well and also because I like the idea of having an all Ti beads heater, it's something I don't have in my collection. The Rubies are now in my Elev8R, they make a big difference in there too with the coil to heat them up real good.

The new bowl is a good upgrade from the first version they did but it's still not perfect. The screen can fall when you stir, it's not as big of a problem when the bowl get a little bit dirty the screen stick to the glass. It might be my bowl that's not working like it should since it's glass there's always variation between the pieces. The handle is a welcome addition and the vape no longer stick to the glass when you rotate it so it help to get a bit more even heating in the bowl.

The new stirring/temping tool is a really good refining of the first one. When I stir I'm no longer afraid to break the bowl with the handle of the tool since it's a lot thinner than it was before giving me more control, also the feeling in the hands is a lot better. I love that tool.
Term Torch vs Verdamper vs Vapbong?

lol, just kidding there. You do nail your observations and reports on these devices though we all know that.

Hope you’re all good mate take care.

In addition, the TT appealed a bit to myself on release. If I was like you most are, allergy free to use any vape, I was not at all in the camp of focussing on it’s debatable weaknesses and drawbacks, I would have given it a go. Glad to see you have.

Now, about that 3 way comparison...;)

Alexis,

The Chemist

Term Torch vs Verdamper vs Vapbong?

lol, just kidding there. You do nail your observations and reports on these devices though we all know that.

Hope you’re all good mate take care.

In addition, the TT appealed a bit to myself on release. If I was like you most are, allergy free to use any vape, I was not at all in the camp of focussing on it’s debatable weaknesses and drawbacks, I would have given it a go. Glad to see you have.

Now, about that 3 way comparison...;)
I already compared the Verdamper and the Vapbong for you in the Vapbong thread if I remember correctly so I'm no gonna repeat myself but the Terp Torch is a completely different experience vs those two. The Torch allow you to use any water pipe you want and hit faster than the Verdamper. As far as taste is concerned they all can produce great results at lower temps. I would need to use them together to know for sure which one is the best but I know I would not remember a lot of that night the following day.;)

I can assure you they can all kick my ass like few of them can. The terp Torch might not be taken seriously because of it's looks but when you use it you learn to respect the soldering iron.

Alexis

I already compared the Verdamper and the Vapbong for you in the Vapbong thread if I remember correctly so I'm no gonna repeat myself but the Terp Torch is a completely different experience vs those two. The Torch allow you to use any water pipe you want and hit faster than the Verdamper. As far as taste is concerned they all can produce great results at lower temps. I would need to use them together to know for sure which one is the best but I know I would not remember a lot of that night the following day.;)

I can assure you they can all kick my ass like few of them can. The terp Torch might not be taken seriously because of it's looks but when you use it you learn to respect the soldering iron.
Thanks, I was really only joking about that comparison, of course I remember precisely your insightful comparison of those two.

Hence me adding the TT into the equation as a twist, sorry if you took me seriously on that.

Indeed, we split hairs among the most rated vapes. I mean, how high do we need to get lol?

Vaporware

...how high do we need to get lol?

stoned ice cube GIF
waving cloud 9 GIF by Samm Henshaw

Der Todesking Spinning GIF by Shudder

stoned the simpsons GIF

Dog Dude GIF

high bull GIF

The story above is not normally me, but for a lot of the people in the heavy hitter threads, I think it’s a solid answer. It’s in pictures for those of you at Stage 3 or beyond. :lol:

The Chemist

Thanks, I was really only joking about that comparison, of course I remember precisely your insightful comparison of those two.

Hence me adding the TT into the equation as a twist, sorry if you took me seriously on that.

Indeed, we split hairs among the most rated vapes. I mean, how high do we need to get lol?
Don't worry I know you were joking but I still thought the question deserved a little answer.
People need to know they don't need to spend for the expensive stuff to get a hard hitting vape, the Terp Torch can do the job.

Jozin88

Just switched out the default glass balls with the DDave Titanium ones. The first thing I noticed and loved, no hotspots when using low temperatures. With the default glass balls, I used to get hotspots even at level 2.

iammyself

Speaking of the ddave balls, did you guys put them all in? Mine bulges out the screen a bit with all the balls in there, I’m not sure if I should take a few out so the screen sits flush. It functions fine, but I’m wondering if it’s restricting air flow or heat transfer some. I took them out and tried re-seating them to see if it would settle different. They didn’t.

3D14D717-A7BE-4F32-AF59-47AB925A6171.jpeg

iammyself,
Reactions: Jozin88

androponic

vaped.
Speaking of the ddave balls, did you guys put them all in? Mine bulges out the screen a bit with all the balls in there, I’m not sure if I should take a few out so the screen sits flush. It functions fine, but I’m wondering if it’s restricting air flow or heat transfer some. I took them out and tried re-seating them to see if it would settle different. They didn’t.

View attachment 6383
i left a few out due to this but i dont think it matters for function.

edit: @iammyself probably better to have them packed as tight as possible like yours so i would leave them

androponic,
Reactions: iammyself

Jozin88

Strange, the amount I poured in (the whole thing) exactly line up to that line the manual says to stay under. It was a tight fight with the odd one or two sitting on top but no visible bulge like that in the picture.

Jozin88,

PharaohJ

I had the same problem with the ti balls being a bit too many. I only had to take out 1 or 2 for it to be a perfect fit, though.

PharaohJ,

LooseCucumber

I received my torch earlier this week and it has been a mixed bag. Assembly was straight forward but the cir clip definitely gave me problems. I was obsessed with seating it evenly so I didn't unexpectedly get a lap full of hot balls.

First bowl was kick ass, reminiscent of the elev8r. But the next few bowls have crazy hot spotting even on level 5. But, i was vaping outdoor hemp which was leafy (I even removed some bigger leaves before grinding) so those leaves were likely what was charring easier. Gonna go back to higher grade hemp to compare performance. I can see the potential with this device

LooseCucumber,

androponic

vaped.
I received my torch earlier this week and it has been a mixed bag. Assembly was straight forward but the cir clip definitely gave me problems. I was obsessed with seating it evenly so I didn't unexpectedly get a lap full of hot balls.

First bowl was kick ass, reminiscent of the elev8r. But the next few bowls have crazy hot spotting even on level 5. But, i was vaping outdoor hemp which was leafy (I even removed some bigger leaves before grinding) so those leaves were likely what was charring easier. Gonna go back to higher grade hemp to compare performance. I can see the potential with this device
do yourself the best upgrade and get the ddave titanium balls upgrade. you will be able to run a lower temp and also level out the hotspotting!

LooseCucumber

do yourself the best upgrade and get the ddave titanium balls upgrade. you will be able to run a lower temp and also level out the hotspotting!

Yeah I'm considering an upgrade to rubies and save a few bucks. Have Ti been that considerable of an improvement?

LooseCucumber,

PharaohJ

I've seen a lot of people use the Elev8r bowl. If you can get your hands on the updated bowl designed by TerpTech themselves I think you'll be set. It's the only bowl I use with mine and I get perfect results every time.

Jozin88

I was using a decently sized bubbler with the Terp Torch. The experience would wind me out and have me wheezing.

Just upgraded to a decent bong, so good. The Terp Torch is amazing.

iammyself

I was using a decently sized bubbler with the Terp Torch. The experience would wind me out and have me wheezing.

Just upgraded to a decent bong, so good. The Terp Torch is amazing.
What did you get? I just broke my rattle can, and am using a small, cheap piece in the meantime. I’m looking for something. I am waiting on a sidecar from DHGate, but want another.

iammyself,
Reactions: Jozin88
Top Bottom