Discontinued Terp Torch

PharaohJ

Hi there everyone! Long term lurker. I've had my Terp Torch for about 4 days now and it's amazing! My previous two vapes were the Planet of the Vapes One, and the S&B Plenty. The Terp Torch has catapulted it's way to number 1.

I've been using 6-7 and loving every hit and every bowl. Unfortunately the few times I've tried 8 I've combusted. Do any of you guys have any tips on how turn this guy up and get the crazy rips?

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Still using the titanium balls and I’m dialed in at 740°. I’ve been blasted every day! I’ve adjusted the settings to get the temp to 740° and I took the sleep off and it’s been running phenomenally! So much power such a small footprint. I love this machine. This is a 100% legitimate heavy hitting vaporizer.

Scuba Steve Tokes

I just purchased the Terp Torch after much deliberation. I was and quite frankly still am worried about reliability because it is such a new vape. I picked my Plenty and MFLB because they last a long time therefore have a low annual cost of ownership. In the end even though I know the Flowerpot is most likely more durable I had a hard time rationalizing the cost when the Terp Torch performs well enough for my needs. The advantages of the Flowerpot in my eyes are durability, ease of use (handle at 90°), and convenience—not having to stir or having to stir as much.

In the end 3 things got me really excited and made me finally pull the trigger on the Terp Torch:

1. Titanium beads mod improves performance and decreases hot spotting some I hear.
  2. On Thinkdank Troy mentioned he saw a video of a guy who had his Terp Torch hooked up to a weighted pulley system so it hangs from the ceiling like a microphone in a boxing ring. When you pull it down or push it up it stays wherever you leave it! Definitely gonna hook something like that up when I get a dog. If you’re having trouble visualizing search Amazon for bicycle hoist- one of those with a counterbalance or system to control ascent and descent.
  3. I read this thread and saw the 18mm basket screen in reducer trIck. Then I found a video on Reddit (U/Paperclouds412) of someone one hitting a basket screen and it looks like it’s gonna do the trick for me with no stirring, just pop out the screen and drop another one in. This also will help me be more efficient.
Another thing that helped me is the encouragement from the esteemed members here whom I greatly respect. I thank you all for your help in guiding me towards the Terp Torch. You might consider getting some CBD flower from Elli Hou Farms so you can use the Terp Torch to max potential and not feel so bad about wasting weed! I use regular flower as well CBD flower, and RSO for nerve pain. Their smalls were better than Apical Greens full priced oz or their smalls AND they gave me a discount since I’m in bad pain and unable to work because of it. Every little bit helps!

Once I’ve had a chance to experiment I’ll resurface and report my findings :science:

Last edited:

PharaohJ

I think you'll really enjoy the Terp Torch. I was also considering the Flowerpot (Weedeater). Although my original plan was to save and wait for the big 4/20 sales a lot of stores do, unfortunately this vape ban law made me pull the trigger on a Terp Torch. I figured I'd rather have something that does what I want vs nothing at all.

2 weeks later and I have to say I am in love. The vape preforms and now that I've perfected my draw technique, I get monster rips that make my smoking friends gasp. I don't think there's a harder hitting vape in the price range, and this thing is legitimately a heavy freakin' hitter.

Scuba Steve Tokes

I do!

I got a Terp Torch from Sneaky Pete yesterday and there was a bunch of brown dust on the ceramic rod heater. Some of it came off when I wiped it with a clean dry cloth which really worries me. If this has been happening to other customers I should think they would stop selling them and address the problem.

I sent an email to sneaky Pete store with these pictures explaining that I am concerned about using the vape since there are mystery particles in the vapor path and asked them if I could return mine in exchange for A. one with a clean ceramic rod, or B. a refund if that was not possible.

I also asked Mr. Pete’s associate if they could reach out to their contacts at Terp Torch and try to get information about what the substance is and how it came to be there. I feel like I’m being a pain and I hate it! I worked retail for years and I know how crappy it is dealing with customers but I’m honestly worried about using this vape. I vape for my health so I cannot use this vape as it was delivered.

I’m kind of confused about the basket screens. Hoping someone here can help! Do I want the ones that are capped for the Terp Torch? Or should I get the uncapped ones? I am really hoping that this problem with my Terp Torch can be resolved, I was so excited to receive it yesterday!

I will resurface and update you all when I hear back
:uhoh:

Attachments

• AC8BD8F7-F600-4AAA-969F-908670D7BE14.jpeg
    AC8BD8F7-F600-4AAA-969F-908670D7BE14.jpeg
    987.5 KB · Views: 50
  • A38B618D-3862-40BA-8A69-66E5F2A521C4.jpeg
    A38B618D-3862-40BA-8A69-66E5F2A521C4.jpeg
    975.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Scuba Steve Tokes,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I do!

I got a Terp Torch from Sneaky Pete yesterday and there was a bunch of brown dust on the ceramic rod heater. Some of it came off when I wiped it with a clean dry cloth which really worries me. If this has been happening to other customers I should think they would stop selling them and address the problem.

I sent an email to sneaky Pete store with these pictures explaining that I am concerned about using the vape since there are mystery particles in the vapor path and asked them if I could return mine in exchange for A. one with a clean ceramic rod, or B. a refund if that was not possible.

I also asked Mr. Pete’s associate if they could reach out to their contacts at Terp Torch and try to get information about what the substance is and how it came to be there. I feel like I’m being a pain and I hate it! I worked retail for years and I know how crappy it is dealing with customers but I’m honestly worried about using this vape. I vape for my health so I cannot use this vape as it was delivered.

I’m kind of confused about the basket screens. Hoping someone here can help! Do I want the ones that are capped for the Terp Torch? Or should I get the uncapped ones? I am really hoping that this problem with my Terp Torch can be resolved, I was so excited to receive it yesterday!

I will resurface and update you all when I hear back
:uhoh:
Well ,do you remove the torch before clearing the water tool ? It can be herb dust or residue from the vapor blowback. Also if you are using beads from a industrial source,they might have manufacturing oils or dirt .,I would give them a clean before installation .

Scuba Steve Tokes

I haven’t turned my Terp torch on yet. I unscrewed and removed the soldering iron tip to assemble it and immediately noticed the gunk on the ceramic rod. I had just watched the assembly video on YouTube and I was surprised because the ceramic on the video was bright white and mine has brown stuff around it in two rings, one near the middle and one on top.

Thank you for the tip on the beads. I didn’t think to wash the ones that came with the Terp Torch but I will make sure to do that before I use it if they replace it. Good looking out Abysmal Vapor, I really appreciate you saying that man!

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: PharaohJ

PharaohJ

I haven’t turned my Terp torch on yet. I unscrewed and removed the soldering iron tip to assemble it and immediately noticed the gunk on the ceramic rod. I had just watched the assembly video on YouTube and I was surprised because the ceramic on the video was bright white and mine has brown stuff around it in two rings, one near the middle and one on top.

Thank you for the tip on the beads. I didn’t think to wash the ones that came with the Terp Torch but I will make sure to do that before I use it if they replace it. Good looking out Abysmal Vapor, I really appreciate you saying that man!
Wow this is really crappy to hear. I ordered as soon as they were back in stock and mine arrived looking pristine. I'd be highly upset to receive something like this. Really hope that this is only an issue with a few models and they get it squared away. I've been shouting the Terp Torches praises all over the vaporents subreddit and would hate for someone to buy something I recommend and receive something potentially hazardous.

PharaohJ

Well after a few weeks of heaven it seems my Terp Torch has run into an issue too. I turned it on about an hour ago to ready for my day and got a screen just saying S-E. Checked the manual and apparently this means there's a fault in the tempature sensor? I'm not sure if there's a fix for this. Shot a message through the link on the TerpTech website. Did notice on the manual it specified that this issue isn't covered by the warranty (why the hell would you include that specifically?) So we'll see how things go.

howie105

Well after a few weeks of heaven it seems my Terp Torch has run into an issue too. I turned it on about an hour ago to ready for my day and got a screen just saying S-E. Checked the manual and apparently this means there's a fault in the tempature sensor? I'm not sure if there's a fix for this. Shot a message through the link on the TerpTech website. Did notice on the manual it specified that this issue isn't covered by the warranty (why the hell would you include that specifically?) So we'll see how things go.
So what are the warranty terms?

howie105,

PharaohJ

Verbatim: "Because the lifespan of the heating core (which also contains the tempature sensor) will vary depending on usage, that item is not covered by failure, as it is considered a consumable. However, we will make available a program to purchase a discounted replacement unit should one be needed within 12 months of the date of purchase, with proof of purchase."

howie105

Verbatim: "Because the lifespan of the heating core (which also contains the tempature sensor) will vary depending on usage, that item is not covered by failure, as it is considered a consumable. However, we will make available a program to purchase a discounted replacement unit should one be needed within 12 months of the date of purchase, with proof of purchase."
Looks like you are good to go, if they hold up their end. Good luck, please keep us informed.

Scuba Steve Tokes

I second Howie. Please do let us know what the resolution is PharohJ. I elected to exchange my Terp Torch for a clean one but if it is not clean and you have to pay a bunch of money to make the vape you’ve had for three weeks work properly I’m just going to ask for a refund and take it over to my new favorite person Ddave. He gave me a discount on the titanium ball mod kit since I’m hurt and can’t work—luckily I haven’t ordered it yet!

Ddave sells a what he calls a “Complete VapCap DRY Cooling Solution” for $55 that comes with a cap and tip. I looked around and somebody said they prefer it to the M. I understand preference is highly subjective but if somebody likes it better and it’s cheaper I’ll get that one! I could get a really nice induction heater and that DynaVap cooling wand thing and I’d have a heavy hitter for a similar price to a Terp Torch. Added bonus the vape doesn’t have a temperature gauge to break, new tech is good but some pieces of old tech are still around a reason.

Let me be clear I am not jumping ship yet and I if Sneaky Pete store provides me with a satisfactory example of the Terp Torch that does not have a coating of factory residue in the vapor path I will be a happy camper.

nomchomesky

I second Howie. Please do let us know what the resolution is PharohJ. I elected to exchange my Terp Torch for a clean one but if it is not clean and you have to pay a bunch of money to make the vape you’ve had for three weeks work properly I’m just going to ask for a refund and take it over to my new favorite person Ddave. He gave me a discount on the titanium ball mod kit since I’m hurt and can’t work—luckily I haven’t ordered it yet!

Ddave sells a what he calls a “Complete VapCap DRY Cooling Solution” for $55 that comes with a cap and tip. I looked around and somebody said they prefer it to the M. I understand preference is highly subjective but if somebody likes it better and it’s cheaper I’ll get that one! I could get a really nice induction heater and that DynaVap cooling wand thing and I’d have a heavy hitter for a similar price to a Terp Torch. Added bonus the vape doesn’t have a temperature gauge to break, new tech is good but some pieces of old tech are still around a reason.

Let me be clear I am not jumping ship yet and I if Sneaky Pete store provides me with a satisfactory example of the Terp Torch that does not have a coating of factory residue in the vapor path I will be a happy camper.
I'm sure someone else can help you but I'll give you my opinion since I have a TT and a Simrell vapcap.
I'm glad I have both bc they're quite different. Besides portability the vapcap excels at hard hits and quick use. I would recommend getting that induction heater bc my cap piece has warped from overheating by a lighter.
The TT uses convection so it's much more flavorful and efficient. It rips but you can also take hits consecutively. And it comes with a stand, compared to the $50 for my vapcap case with magnet. I'm planning on getting DDave's titanium balls and mod so hopefully startup time gets cut down. Can anyone comment on how long it takes to heat titanium balls to level 3?
Also Ddave mentioned I might like a grinder with pyramid teeth since I vape whole flower. I thought that was a cool idea.

nomchomesky,

iammyself

I got a used Terp Torch off EntExchange yesterday, and am putting it through its paces today learning my new toy. I’m surprised it doesn’t hit harder, based on the videos I watched while waiting for it to arrive. I get clouds, but have to set it to 8 and take long hits. Am I not letting it heat soak long enough before using? I’m trying to be patient and wait 10 min after turning on, but I’m anxious to play!

8F2DCD86-A2A1-4899-B8C1-68F2717B6734.jpeg

howie105

I got a used Terp Torch off EntExchange yesterday, and am putting it through its paces today learning my new toy. I’m surprised it doesn’t hit harder, based on the videos I watched while waiting for it to arrive. I get clouds, but have to set it to 8 and take long hits. Am I not letting it heat soak long enough before using? I’m trying to be patient and wait 10 min after turning on, but I’m anxious to play!

View attachment 5883
Holy cow, that's a lot of water?

iammyself

Holy cow, that's a lot of water?
It’s a rattle can, so it’s like a little bubbler inside a bigger water chamber. The vapor doesn’t travel through most of the water, just the little tube that goes through the middle and is barely fully submerged.

Edit: After testing a few more bowls, I got results like I expected. I filled the bowl with more material, and waiting a solid 10 minutes on setting 7 before taking deep hits. I got more than a few lung-busters. I also tried setting 4 with the 18mm to 14mm reducer idea that @The Chemist came up with for a smaller bowl. That worked equally well for a smaller dose, while having a more convenient interface.

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
It’s a rattle can, so it’s like a little bubbler inside a bigger water chamber. The vapor doesn’t travel through most of the water, just the little tube that goes through the middle and is barely fully submerged.

Edit: After testing a few more bowls, I got results like I expected. I filled the bowl with more material, and waiting a solid 10 minutes on setting 7 before taking deep hits. I got more than a few lung-busters. I also tried setting 4 with the 18mm to 14mm reducer idea that @The Chemist came up with for a smaller bowl. That worked equally well for a smaller dose, while having a more convenient interface.
I would love to claim it was my idea but I saw Austyn Simrell use the reducer in one of the live stream he did when the Terp Torch was released. It's still the only way I use the TT, much easier than the bowl but I must say that the new bowl is working better than the original.

I received my Ti balls from DDave so I'm gonna try them soon and write my impression of all the new stuff when I can.

Last edited:

iammyself

I would love to claim it was my idea but I saw Austyn Simrell use the reducer in one of the live stream he did when the Terp Torch was released. It's still the only way I use the TT, much easier than the bowl but I must say that the new bowl is working better than the original.

I received my Ti balls from DDave so I'm gonna try them soon and write my impression of all the new stuff when I can.
I’ll be interested to hear how you like the Ti balls, I’m considering placing an order. I had two amazingly tasty bowls of White 99 on setting 4 using the reducer. The first two hits were so terpene-rich, smooth, and thick that I’d guess it was a dab if I was doing a blind taste-test. Another few big hits cashed the bowl.

PharaohJ

When my Terp Torch was working the titanium balls made it from a heavyweight to a monster. It was legitimately the hardest hitting experience I've had outsider of dabbing.

Good news everyone! I've heard back from Brian at Terp Tech. He said he was pretty confident what happened to my unit was an outlier, and that he'd send out a replacement torch.

I'll update everyone further when the replacement arrives but so far the customer service has been amazing!

Ps: Does anyone know if the Titanium tip can be removed after it's been assembled?

Morimoto

Yoyo from the frozen North! Smooth sailing with my TT still, over 6 pounds thru the motherfucker now and still in love with it, the OG bowl still my favorite, had the Ti balls in for a month and they really rip!! Decided to go back through all my AVB from last year pre-TT from other vapes and it's milking big monster rips from AVB that's over 6 months old, getting all the flavours from my early 2020 grows, lots of grape strains :)

@PharaohJ Thanks for the update! Good to hear the customer service is on point.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
When my Terp Torch was working the titanium balls made it from a heavyweight to a monster. It was legitimately the hardest hitting experience I've had outsider of dabbing.

Good news everyone! I've heard back from Brian at Terp Tech. He said he was pretty confident what happened to my unit was an outlier, and that he'd send out a replacement torch.

I'll update everyone further when the replacement arrives but so far the customer service has been amazing!

Ps: Does anyone know if the Titanium tip can be removed after it's been assembled?
You can remove the titanium tip , just unscrew it.
Remove the glass ball first and make sure to get all of them out, there's always a couple of ball stuck in the groove at the base of the tip where the air inlet are.
The first time I didn't do it and ended up crushing two balls that were stuck there. If you start to unscrew the tip and get some resistance, take a good look inside the tip to make sure all the balls are out, they are tiny and transparent, very easy to miss.
Just use a pick and you should be good, also do that over a large bowl to catch every balls that comes out, if you drop one on the floor good luck finding it again.

iammyself

I have been in love with my Terp Torch over the last 5 days. So much that I ordered some titanium balls from DDave today. I’ve read/experienced that to get best results, you should heat soak the glass balls for ~10 min.

I typically heat soak if using the stock bowl for 10 min at heat setting 8. The main reason I ordered the Ti balls was to reduce the heat soak time when I first turn on the torch. Can anyone with the Ti balls let me know how much it reduced their heat soak time, and at what heat setting? Thanks

iammyself,
Top Bottom