Discontinued Terp Torch

SixStringToker

Naked member
just dont mess up yer tip and a replacement iron that fits the thread of the tip is “Atten 65watt soldering iron” i bought a backup on aliexpress for 25$. i may cop another just to assure years of TT use. It has to be from the same maker as they look identical minus the custom presets but you can set temps too.
It looks like there are a few options within the Atten line-up:

SixStringToker,
Reactions: CBadger

PharaohJ

I have no doubt that I've gotten my monies worth with this device. The performance is just great, and as I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Flowerpot, it doesn't get used as much which should be good for longevity. I may end up giving it to one of my friends since they won't be able to purchase their own.

Jroc

Mine just showed up in the mail yesterday and I read that they closed shop as I was putting it together😭

Only took one bowl to knock me on my ass!!! I hope it lasts cause it's awesome and who knows what the future holds for vaping.

Jroc,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I think just selling the tip could lead to issues with people buying really cheap or shitty soldering irons and then complaining that it doesn't function as well. It may just be too much of a hassle with all of the extra paperwork AND having to deal with manufacturer issues. This is exactly what I was worried about. A lot of these vape companies are small business and this bill fucks them over hard.
Why not put a recommended soldering iron on amazon on the website? The 9 temperatures should be written down for posterity imo.

Mine just showed up in the mail yesterday and I read that they closed shop as I was putting it together😭

Only took one bowl to knock me on my ass!!! I hope it lasts cause it's awesome and who knows what the future holds for vaping.
The very same! Except, even with the titanium beads, on 7 having heatsoaked at 9, I cannot get a good hit. Any help? I have to keep my ssv running anyway. :(

VapePerson,

Shaan199

Why not put a recommended soldering iron on amazon on the website? The 9 temperatures should be written down for posterity imo.

The very same! Except, even with the titanium beads, on 7 having heatsoaked at 9, I cannot get a good hit. Any help? I have to keep my ssv running anyway. :(

How big is your water pipe? Try hitting your piece hard and fast and see if you get better results.

I just got my terp torch in today and might need to get a bigger piece to pair it with. Got the ddave metal beads coming in tomorrow, can't wait to see how those compare!

Jroc

I'm running a 16" double perk, I let it heat soak on 4 for 6 minutes then dropped it to 3. Definitely had to pull fast, filled the bong with the first pull then cleared it with a second pull.

I'm going to try one of my smaller pieces tonight that doesn't have the perks, should make it easier to clear in one pull.

Jroc,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

What do you mean when you say you cannot get a good hit? What is the problem?

The Chemist,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
What do you mean when you say you cannot get a good hit? What is the problem?
There's very little vapor on exhale, it's whispy. From the reviews and videos, I expected it to be like the thick white clouds I was getting with the SSV43

I'm running a 16" double perk, I let it heat soak on 4 for 6 minutes then dropped it to 3. Definitely had to pull fast, filled the bong with the first pull then cleared it with a second pull.

I'm going to try one of my smaller pieces tonight that doesn't have the perks, should make it easier to clear in one pull.
Closer to what I wanted, thanks. I want more "complete destruction of my lungs," whereas this was more heavy petting. But definitely an improvement.
How big is your water pipe? Try hitting your piece hard and fast and see if you get better results.
I have one massive one, one medium one (with a double showerhead), and a small one with a matrix. What's a good waterpipe? What qualities am I looking for? TBQH I think a giant beaker would be perfect for this.

Last edited:

PharaohJ

How long and how hard are you hitting it? I hit mine pretty damn hard and get powerful rips and loads of vapor, but I also turn it and squirrel it in and out of the bowl so I can rip without combustion risk.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
How long and how hard are you hitting it? I hit mine pretty damn hard and get powerful rips and loads of vapor, but I also turn it and squirrel it in and out of the bowl so I can rip without combustion risk.
I've tried a couple of speeds, including 8s, which troy did in one livestream and got thicc vapor.

The Chemist

@VapePerson if the Terp Torch can't produce vapor at the settings you are using and with the Ti balls something is wrong for sure.
You should start by removing the balls and the tip to see if the ceramic rod is not broken inside.
If it's good put the tip back on and the balls, take your time to make sure the balls are evenly spread inside.
Maybe your presets are not right, what temp does the screen show when you are at level 7 to 9?

I had to reduce my setting on my torch because with the Ti balls it was too much heat for me, now I'm at 675 most of the time when I use the reducer instead of the bowl.
I can finish my herb in two hits if I slow down the speed I inhale to a minimum, the taste of the vapor is great, I get dark ABV and my lungs aren't burning like they would when I use more heat.

The Chemist,

iammyself

@VapePerson if the Terp Torch can't produce vapor at the settings you are using and with the Ti balls something is wrong for sure.
You should start by removing the balls and the tip to see if the ceramic rod is not broken inside.
If it's good put the tip back on and the balls, take your time to make sure the balls are evenly spread inside.
Maybe your presets are not right, what temp does the screen show when you are at level 7 to 9?

I had to reduce my setting on my torch because with the Ti balls it was too much heat for me, now I'm at 675 most of the time when I use the reducer instead of the bowl.
I can finish my herb in two hits if I slow down the speed I inhale to a minimum, the taste of the vapor is great, I get dark ABV and my lungs aren't burning like they would when I use more heat.
I’d agree with taking the balls out and double checking the ceramic rod, and re-seating the balls. When I got my replacement rod, I had to set it to 6 to get the same results I was getting at 4. I took the ddave balls out, and placed them back in more carefully to ensure even placement. Now I get great hits on 4, and huge clouds on 5.

I found an Amazon solution to my new water piece being 18mm dilemma. It’s advertised as a reclaimer. I think it’ll also help keep bits of flower from getting in the bong, keeping it cleaner. Now, time to go test the function.

24571240-8C11-4B1A-92BD-0BA9017DFB42.jpeg

DA863C8A-60E1-437F-B164-75463952771E.jpeg

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous

I spent 4 hours fiddling with the balls adding and removing them trying to get everything perfect when I got it. When I put in all of them, the screen wouldn't go on. When I put in more than I have now, the screen got dented. There is the faintest of rattles atm, I assume that might be an issue? I don't think the ceramic rod is broken.

851 at temp 7.
876 at 8
896 @ 9
I bought one of your reducers but the issue is that I don't own any 18mm water pieces :rolleyes:
I’d agree with taking the balls out and double checking the ceramic rod, and re-seating the balls. When I got my replacement rod, I had to set it to 6 to get the same results I was getting at 4. I took the ddave balls out, and placed them back in more carefully to ensure even placement. Now I get great hits on 4, and huge clouds on 5.
I'll try putting the balls in 1 at a time, slowly.

The Chemist

@VapePerson The temp settings are good so that's not the problem. By the way those setting are written somewhere in the instructions.

In my case I didn't put all the Ti balls in the Torch, I still have 8 of them in the container. I have put enough balls to fill it up to the screen.
I'm not sure but maybe too much balls restrict the airflow too much or another possibility maybe the excess balls are working like a heat sink and let you loose too much heat when it's on the stand?
I have a rattle on mine too, you need a little bit of space since the balls will expend when heated.

What about your ABV? What color is it and do you get heat spots?
For me at these settings with the Ti balls I will combust for sure and it doesn't take long before it does.

I have to use an adapter when I want to use the reducer most of the times, the majority of my glass is 14mm too.

It seems to me you have already tried everything I can think of.
In the end if you can't get results by changing your draw speed, play with the number of balls and how they fit in the vapes, use different strain of weed, use different water pipes, I guess the iron itself isn't working properly.

You talk about the SSV do you hit it dry or with a pipe? Is the SSV modded?
If you use the SSV and the TT with the same weed and the same water pipe what are the results?
For me those two vapes are in the same ballpark, they can produce monster clouds of vapor without problems.
They are a variation of the same idea, one is in glass the other titanium, there's a difference but it shouldn't be a big one as far as vapor production is concerned.

You saw what Troy can do with the Terp Torch, if you can't get the same result after all this, the vape isn't working like it should and you should try to get a replacement.

The Chemist,
Reactions: iammyself

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
@VapePerson The temp settings are good so that's not the problem. By the way those setting are written somewhere in the instructions.

In my case I didn't put all the Ti balls in the Torch, I still have 8 of them in the container. I have put enough balls to fill it up to the screen.
I'm not sure but maybe too much balls restrict the airflow too much or another possibility maybe the excess balls are working like a heat sink and let you loose too much heat when it's on the stand?
I have a rattle on mine too, you need a little bit of space since the balls will expend when heated.

What about your ABV? What color is it and do you get heat spots?
For me at these settings with the Ti balls I will combust for sure and it doesn't take long before it does.

I have to use an adapter when I want to use the reducer most of the times, the majority of my glass is 14mm too.

It seems to me you have already tried everything I can think of.
In the end if you can't get results by changing your draw speed, play with the number of balls and how they fit in the vapes, use different strain of weed, use different water pipes, I guess the iron itself isn't working properly.

You talk about the SSV do you hit it dry or with a pipe? Is the SSV modded?
If you use the SSV and the TT with the same weed and the same water pipe what are the results?
For me those two vapes are in the same ballpark, they can produce monster clouds of vapor without problems.
They are a variation of the same idea, one is in glass the other titanium, there's a difference but it shouldn't be a big one as far as vapor production is concerned.

You saw what Troy can do with the Terp Torch, if you can't get the same result after all this, the vape isn't working like it should and you should try to get a replacement.
Repacked everything, and then a couple of ti balls went flying, so I picked some of my many rubies off of the floor and packed just enough so that there was no rattle. Then, removed one, and used the stir tool to poke the clamp in. Lost one of the small screens--know where we can get those?--the ceramic rod was fine. Using an elev8r bowl, with the weight of the tamp tool packed down to just the line on the glass. Same herb quality.

I hit my SSV dry but I get what many said they got with the terp torch, clouds so big it filled the room. White, puffy, dense vapor. I'm getting high, and I can feel the vapor, and it hits hard, and I'm getting a bit more on exhale now, but it's not what it should be still as it is in people's videos. I still have the glass balls, I think, unmmoved. I could count those out, but from what I see on reddit, it's impossible to tell if that's the right amount.

The ABV is hotspotting even on 5, yes, and green underneath.

Edit: Drybonging on level 6 almost burned and got a cloud closer to what I want. Still leaves much to be desired in density.

Last edited:

The Chemist

@VapePerson Ok so the vape works but it's not delivering the results you expect.

First of all don't expect to get clouds of vapor like you see in the videos. The lighting in the videos help to see the vapor better so don't think you will get the same clouds in your living room, unless you are vaping right next to a light source.

In the end the question is do you get the effects you're after when you use the Torch?

Using water with a vape will always produce less vapor, just use the SSV thru water and you'll see, so maybe you could try the Torch with a pipe without water and see if that get you what you want. Use a water pipe big enough so that the vapor can cool down a bit before it reach you.

Another thing is the quantity of herb you use, more herb equals more vapor. In the case of Troy you know the guy isn't a microdoser so of course he will get bigger clouds than the average vaporist.

If you are talking about the screens for the tip they are 1/2". I don't think it should be too difficult to find a place to order something of that size online.

One last thing, don't forget to stir between draw. The second draw is always bigger if you stir.

That's it for tonight, good luck and if you end up deciding it's not the vape for you I don't think you'll have trouble reselling it now that they aren't available anymore.

The Chemist,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
@VapePerson Ok so the vape works but it's not delivering the results you expect.

First of all don't expect to get clouds of vapor like you see in the videos. The lighting in the videos help to see the vapor better so don't think you will get the same clouds in your living room, unless you are vaping right next to a light source.

In the end the question is do you get the effects you're after when you use the Torch?

Using water with a vape will always produce less vapor, just use the SSV thru water and you'll see, so maybe you could try the Torch with a pipe without water and see if that get you what you want. Use a water pipe big enough so that the vapor can cool down a bit before it reach you.

Another thing is the quantity of herb you use, more herb equals more vapor. In the case of Troy you know the guy isn't a microdoser so of course he will get bigger clouds than the average vaporist.

If you are talking about the screens for the tip they are 1/2". I don't think it should be too difficult to find a place to order something of that size online.

One last thing, don't forget to stir between draw. The second draw is always bigger if you stir.

That's it for tonight, good luck and if you end up deciding it's not the vape for you I don't think you'll have trouble reselling it now that they aren't available anymore.
"First of all don't expect to get clouds of vapor like you see in the videos."
I could getting easily 10x this with the ssv, and getting much higher. This is performing worse than my mighty did in broad daylight even drybonging? I'm fully willing to admit the error is on my end, but man I get some amazing vapor quality with the SSV that I'm just not getting here.

I'm not microdosing either, fwiw. I did use the ssv through water and you could still see the vapor more fully.

"One last thing, don't forget to stir between draw. The second draw is always bigger if you stir."
I stir between every draw, but thank you. :spliff:

VapePerson,

The Chemist

"First of all don't expect to get clouds of vapor like you see in the videos."
I could getting easily 10x this with the ssv, and getting much higher. This is performing worse than my mighty did in broad daylight even drybonging? I'm fully willing to admit the error is on my end, but man I get some amazing vapor quality with the SSV that I'm just not getting here.

I'm not microdosing either, fwiw. I did use the ssv through water and you could still see the vapor more fully.

"One last thing, don't forget to stir between draw. The second draw is always bigger if you stir."
I stir between every draw, but thank you. :spliff:
I don't think it's user error if the vape doesn't produce vapor, in your case I think it's the iron the problem.
No way the mighty will outperform the Terp Torch if you use it at level 7 with the Ti balls.
It's one thing to compare the TT to the Mighty, they aren't the same kind of vapes but the SSV and the TT are so close to each other, they should give you similar results.
I was just brainstorming trying to think of every little things that might make a difference in the performance of the vape, but I'm out of idea.
Honestly if you never combusted or came close to it when you started to use the Terp Torch it would be the a good clue that the iron isn't heating like it should.
The last thing I can think of is to let it heat soak a long time before use but I'm sure you already do.
Now I'm really out of idea. :huh:

The Chemist,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I don't think it's user error if the vape doesn't produce vapor, in your case I think it's the iron the problem.
No way the mighty will outperform the Terp Torch if you use it at level 7 with the Ti balls.
It's one thing to compare the TT to the Mighty, they aren't the same kind of vapes but the SSV and the TT are so close to each other, they should give you similar results.
I was just brainstorming trying to think of every little things that might make a difference in the performance of the vape, but I'm out of idea.
Honestly if you never combusted or came close to it when you started to use the Terp Torch it would be the a good clue that the iron isn't heating like it should.
The last thing I can think of is to let it heat soak a long time before use but I'm sure you already do.
Now I'm really out of idea. :huh:
I spent a couple days experimenting. See, it takes me a couple months to truly learn a vape. I played around a bit and now I finally took a hit on par with what I was expecting. That's why I suggested it could have been my fault.

This is what I did:
1. Put a whole piece of a nug in the elev8 bowl. Mashed it down hard, like a helmet boy petting a dog.
2. Did 1 slow hit off of that on level 6, ti balls, appreciated the flavor
3. Took out the slightly charred but 90% green bud
4. Ground that up
5. Put that back in the bowl
6. Used a combination of up-down and swirling to fluff the bud, and then the weight of the poker to tamp it
7. Took a slow hit while rotating, then quickly lifted up, rotated 45*, and replace the terp torch in the bowl in its proper position
8. Rotâté
8. RIP AND TEAR
9. Exhale a lot of vapor

Your bowl idea is great when you can keep the tt centered, mr. chemist.

The Chemist

I spent a couple days experimenting. See, it takes me a couple months to truly learn a vape. I played around a bit and now I finally took a hit on par with what I was expecting. That's why I suggested it could have been my fault.

This is what I did:
1. Put a whole piece of a nug in the elev8 bowl. Mashed it down hard, like a helmet boy petting a dog.
2. Did 1 slow hit off of that on level 6, ti balls, appreciated the flavor
3. Took out the slightly charred but 90% green bud
4. Ground that up
5. Put that back in the bowl
6. Used a combination of up-down and swirling to fluff the bud, and then the weight of the poker to tamp it
7. Took a slow hit while rotating, then quickly lifted up, rotated 45*, and replace the terp torch in the bowl in its proper position
8. Rotâté
8. RIP AND TEAR
9. Exhale a lot of vapor

Your bowl idea is great when you can keep the tt centered, mr. chemist.
I'm happy you found a way to get what you were looking for in terms of hits.
I'm the same way with my vapes, it takes a long time to find all the little tricks that will bring a vape and the experience to the next level.
Now you can finally enjoy the face melting power of the Terp Torch. :rockon:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I can confirm that the Terp Torch head fits the 80W Atten iron just fine:

View attachment 6643

Technically, it should heat up a bit more quickly and hold up to harder hits. I don't hit it hard enough to notice a difference, but it is one more option for a replacement if the OG iron fails.

I have brought a ST-2065D. I needed a new soldering iron anyway, and this gives something to play with.

I don't have a terp torch. The lowest temperature on the soldering iron is 250c/ 482f. What is the lowest temp on the TT and would this cause problems with compatability?

I have also brought a 14mm TI nail on a slow boat from china. I wonder if I can Jerry rig something together. Really wish they would continue to just sell the tips.

Top Bottom