Tafée Bowle

chillAtGVC

Any Canadians around? Does Canada take off the week for Canada Day the way many Americans take off the week for Independence Day?
I haven’t heard back from them regarding the extra Bowl II and I really, really want to set up a contest to give it away…

I guess I will wait ‘til Tuesday, and if I still don’t hear anything, this bad boy will be up for grabs.
Lmk if anyone has any good ideas for a “contest.” The winner will only need to pay for shipping.
No, we just take the one day off.

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie ... I'm staring at your photo, trippin' on the layers of that Fan.
Looking through a glass onion.
@vapviking - Yeah, those flowing veil-like vanes have been one of Bernstein's signature design elements lately.

This vid shows them better than a pic

When did you start collecting glass?

@Mr. Me2 - Only been collecting for a year or so. Hooked. Online auctions are dangerous

Just got this pedestal with satin steel like finish, for a new piece arriving soon. Bowle looks handsome there, matchy-matchy

Bowle-on-pedestal-and-spare-parts.jpg

Spare parts are good to have around. Should replace the silicone mouthpiece every 6 months to a year I think? Semi regular cleaning with iso soaked q-tip firmly pressed through its silicone holes is helpful

Lmk if anyone has any good ideas for a “contest.” The winner will only need to pay for shipping.

@Jill NYC - great idea, thoughtful and generous of you! Maybe a contest thread asking us to post our favorite feature of the Bowle, one feature per post, multiple posts allowed. Then random selection. Sure, the thread would turn into a mushy Bowle love fest stew, but Bruno would drink it up. However, probably a bad idea, as mods would go nuts removing sarcastic posts, given the Bowle's overall perception??

Edit: Late Fedex delivery this evening, two boxes, first unboxing:

Alexander-Fekete-from-Joan-and-Rif-Freedman-Collection.jpg

Lighting poor, looks like black on white, but it's actually a rust color ... literally, iron oxide patinated glass. Untitled, by Alexander Fekete from Czech Republic

Edit again, opened second box, David Schwarz:

David-Schwarz-glass-with-Bowle.jpg

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
While I'm patiently waiting for the new device to be ready for shipping here, one of my devices has stopped working properly.
It does not heat up...

Battery is charging properly and the LED lights seem to indicate that it works when turning to the green light, but when trying to inhale, you feel that nothing happens and after a few seconds, the LED lights turn blue.
I did have a workaround, as I was using temp number 3, I switched to temp 4 and the device heater started working again. Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't work anymore and I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. Is it fixable?
I contacted Tafee hopefully they will have a solution, but I'm worried 😟

vapviking

Old & In the Way
While I'm patiently waiting for the new device to be ready for shipping here, one of my devices has stopped working properly.
It does not heat up...

Battery is charging properly and the LED lights seem to indicate that it works when turning to the green light, but when trying to inhale, you feel that nothing happens and after a few seconds, the LED lights turn blue.
I did have a workaround, as I was using temp number 3, I switched to temp 4 and the device heater started working again. Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't work anymore and I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. Is it fixable?
I contacted Tafee hopefully they will have a solution, but I'm worried 😟
I think that is a temp sensor problem, and will require service.
Tafee has serviced even an out of warranty Bowle1 for me once, for a small fee. The shipping was the larger expense.

Please keep us posted. i have a 1 with the same symptom. (And I've seen it twice before.)
I'm hoping this type of thing has been resolved with Bowle 2!

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
I am having a marvelous time yesterday and today with the BOWLE...one of my favorite vapes...it is in my constant rotation and I am keeping hydrated...the heat is just so intense today in Florida. Grilling yesterday was tough.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Tafee finally reached out to me, and want me to send it back to them. ☹️
Sorry to get any hopes up, it would have been fun to do a giveaway.

They were grateful and said I could keep any extra accessories I want. I will definitely keep the extra brush (love it!) and probably some extra pots. Although I already have 9, how many could I possibly need, especially because the screens are already so easy to switch out?
Anything else any long term users think I will be want duplicates?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anything else any long term users think I will be want duplicates?
Along with other things mentioned, the charge cable is of very good quality and I'd keep that.

Notable today,
I just revived an og Bowle from the lock-out state, using the method recently pointed out by Vito and Charlie, thanks guys.
It was the 15 sec plugged, 10 sec unplugged, 6 hrs plugged -- followed by reset using the 5 clicks on both buttons
Back in business.
I have re-mansplained to my wife that she should not run the battery all the way down...

Not so much good news for our other og, that seems to have that temp sensor issue.

So, I'll take this juncture to try to illustrate to newer - and potential - Bowlers, that it has not all been a bed of roses.
I think it was probably repeat issues like these that caused the termination in production, which lasted years before the release of Bowle II.
This is why I recently said I hope they've resolved previous issue with this new version.
Tafee seems to have resolved some problem with the first couple of batches and moved on. Bravo!

I was an early supporter of the Grasshopper and Hopper io. For years I was willing to be on their crazy ride, to be financially supportive, hoping they would work out all the issues in the end. Hopper Labs became a black hole and made some really bad moves.
This has been a very different experience as an owner. On balance, less manic, more sensible and I do have confidence in their future.

m0sh

I think that is a temp sensor problem, and will require service.
Tafee has serviced even an out of warranty Bowle1 for me once, for a small fee. The shipping was the larger expense.

Please keep us posted. i have a 1 with the same symptom. (And I've seen it twice before.)
I'm hoping this type of thing has been resolved with Bowle 2!
I think you're right, please like a senaor thing.
I will keep you posted. Still no response from Tafee

jbm

I contacted them regarding updates for the first batch of v2 Bowles. I sent my puck back to them yesterday on their dime. They say it will take up to 7 business days to update my puck. They were very responsive; all emails replied to within an hour. VERY pleased with this level of CS.

Last edited:

m0sh

I contacted them regarding updates tof the first batch of v2 Bowles. I sent my puck back to them yesterday on their dime. They say it will take up to 7 business days to update my puck. They were very responsive; all emails replied to within an hour. VERY pleased with this level of CS.
CS is great. I just realized I sent an email to info@ instead of help@

Forwarded... Let's hope to hear from them soon

Corvoed

Farm Grower
Where can one pick up a spare cable for the bowle series 2? I see on the site they have a listing for the cable and brick, but they don't specify which one it’s for, and the picture looks like it’s the micro usb version. Should i just hit up CS?

Also, does the series 2 have passthrough charging? I remember hearing the TB1 had it, but I can't get passthrough to work on the series 2.

Last edited:
Corvoed,

Texus

Where can one pick up a spare cable for the bowle series 2? I see on the site they have a listing for the cable and brick, but they don't specify which one it’s for, and the picture looks like it’s the micro usb version. Should i just hit up CS?

Also, does the series 2 have passthrough charging? I remember hearing the TB1 had it, but I can't get passthrough to work on the series 2.
My impression (sorry, not sure where I got it, maybe George at Vapefiend video?) is that the v2 isn't as cable and charger picky as they made the first one out to be...

Texus,

Corvoed

Farm Grower
Pretty sure the first one was not true pass through either, just the typical standard use while charging, so still relies on battery...
Interesting, mine actually doesn't turn on at all when it's plugged in. When it's plugged in, it charges and nothing more, I gotta take it off the charger when i want to use it. Wonder if that's a series 2 thing.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Interesting, mine actually doesn't turn on at all when it's plugged in. When it's plugged in, it charges and nothing more, I gotta take it off the charger when i want to use it. Wonder if that's a series 2 thing.

Perhaps, it is definitely better for the battery, so maybe they took more steps to protect it, along with making it so much bigger now

Shit Snacks,

Texus

How could they not zero in on battery maximization? Easily the biggest complaint across the board.

Been spending a good deal more time with the v2 this weekend. Really enjoyable. Just a great flavorful easy sipper. And their Potter metal grinder just makes everything an ergonomics pleasure. Haven't been paying much attention to battery level in regular but not intense use the past few days. Just checked and it is down to 2 dots when plugged in. Pretty awesome.

When everything is working right, such a pleasure.

Sadly need to get a new cup, which cracked somehow. And do miss the longer stem and larger cup option. But still enjoying the heck out of this thing now that I'm back to living with a Bowle again. May be no better daytime battery option out there.

m0sh

Hopefully Tafee will get back to me today.
My 2nd device is not doing too well either but I occasionally had these issues where battery won't charge fully.
It showed 2 lights and charged for an hour at least.
I tried the reset and 10-15 seconds in and out. I got it it 3 and left it all night charging. When I woke up it showed charging is over but it's still show 3 lights ... Trying to charge again with another reset and a different charger (i have like 2-3 official ones) and 30 minutes are gone and its still 3 lights...
Anyone else experienced that?

It feels odd to suddenly have your whole setup under maintenance, but as I was typing, I realized that I have a P80 that is collecting dust. Time to fire up that bad boy I guess.

Last edited:

Corvoed

Farm Grower
Just wanted to mention that I did hit up Tafee CS and they got back to me today mentioning that they just added the options for the series 2 charging cable and brick. So hey, that's neat

m0sh

OMG LOL
After charging all day, it went back to 2 lights!

Tafee did get back to me, seems my other device repair is going to cost a lot, damn.

On the flip side, I can order series 2 now!!! Im super excited.
I do wonder if I could cut cost by giving up one of my old devices since I don't really need 3 of them.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
OMG LOL
After charging all day, it went back to 2 lights!

Tafee did get back to me, seems my other device repair is going to cost a lot, damn.

On the flip side, I can order series 2 now!!! Im super excited.
I do wonder if I could cut cost by giving up one of my old devices since I don't really need 3 of them.
Yes, you should ask about a "trade up" (or trade in) policy!

Top Bottom