Tafée Bowle

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
A few questions after rereading (skimming) this thread and using my TB2 for a week:

So are majority in favor of 1/2 to 3/4 full pot with a light tamp?

Anyone microdose regularly with it? How much is least amount you can put in and clear it with 1-2 good hits?

What about maximum - can you pass this sucker around indefinitely with a full pot or is there a max before it becomes wasteful?

Is there ANY benefit to using this in session mode? Feels like it has no added value since it is so easy to use on-demand, but maybe I am missing something.

Anyone ever put a ss screen on top of herbs for conduction heating? I really want to try this but I am very worried about bricking, so afraid to try without a little encouragement.

TIA

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
They made changes on their Instagram site...it seems like a new account...? Did they get hacked?

Dr. G,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Texus

A few questions after rereading (skimming) this thread and using my TB2 for a week:

So are majority in favor of 1/2 to 3/4 full pot with a light tamp?

About 3/4 to full, no tamp at all for me.
Anyone microdose regularly with it? How much is least amount you can put in and clear it with 1-2 good hits?

Can't help you there. But I think you will be fine as long as you can't see the bowl's bottom screen.
What about maximum - can you pass this sucker around indefinitely with a full pot or is there a max before it becomes wasteful?
If passing around, I'd guess maybe 3 people per bowl. But depends on how hard they are hitting it and heating level.
Is there ANY benefit to using this in session mode? Feels like it has no added value since it is so easy to use on-demand, but maybe I am missing something.

Just to not have to worried about messing with buttons, say if you are passing it around.
Anyone ever put a ss screen on top of herbs for conduction heating? I really want to try this but I am very worried about bricking, so afraid to try without a little encouragement.

Look forward to your impressions if you try. Personally, if I want a conduction hit, I'd choose a different vape. But obviously not everyone has my size collection.

ChooChooCharlie

@Jill NYC - I agree with most of comments above from @Texus

But, I'm not aware of a "Session mode" option. Always on demand whether tap style or press and hold style. As soon as you stop inhaling, it will time out faster than another person could start a draw. I think directions while passing are pretty simple, one tap, inhale

I'm greedy and like to fill pot, with finger tip presses, so no stragglers that might adhere to puck's upper screen

Used "tare" to show weights of micro pot on left, and my typical fill on the right

Bowle-pot-weights.jpg

Tried the micro, set heater to level 5, one long "blinker" takes care of it. If you try level 4, it will require 2 draws

With my typical load, I prefer 3 long draws at level 4

New glass arrived this morning, so gotta post silly pic:

Chihuly-macchia-with-Bowle.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone ever put a ss screen on top of herbs for conduction heating? I really want to try this but I am very worried about bricking, so afraid to try without a little encouragement

Not sure what you mean by bricking, and your other questions are answered above, but I want to reiterate that there is pretty much no way to get conduction here at all, it is pretty pure convection, there's also no reason to put a screen on top in any sense unless you are trying to prep capsules to have storage or something but even then I would imagine a different lid would be better or just keeping them upright etc that's what's nice about these (if you want hybrid conduction then check out FW9 instead as it does have ceramic chamber capsules, though it is also on demand only)

ondemander

I own the TB1 and am familiar with this purely convection heater. It's strictly heated by hot air passing over the herb and it's controlled by your inhale speed. A screen on top wouldn't heat up. The Firewood is pretty conduction heavy but I prefer the flavor of the Airvape Legacy Pro w/ V2 dosing capsules. It has a nice conduction roast that maintains flavor far longer than the Firewood. The flavor is on par with the TB. Though I had the 7 which has slightly more conduction than the 8 or 9.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I own the TB1 and am familiar with this purely convection heater. It's strictly heated by hot air passing over the herb and it's controlled by your inhale speed. A screen on top wouldn't heat up. The Firewood is pretty conduction heavy but I prefer the flavor of the Airvape Legacy Pro w/ V2 dosing capsules. It has a nice conduction roast that maintains flavor far longer than the Firewood. The flavor is on par with the TB. Though I had the 7 which has slightly more conduction than the 8 or 9.
Wow. I've always felt the AVLP was underrated with respect to taste but I'm surprised to hear you place the flavor quality on par with TB. As you mention that the AVLP has a nice conduction, I'm guessing you use it in session mode like myself. I own an AVLP but not a TB.

TigoleBitties,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ordered my unit. I can't wait!

I did not order a charger, I just looked at their store and it says - "Bowle Replacement Qualcomm Quick-charge 3.0 Charger"
I'm pretty sure the original is QC 3.0 as well... I mean I'm looking at it as we speak and I have 2-3 of these :D

I wonder how fast it will charge, I think that the bottleneck might be the TB1's weak battery and it might charge faster on the new device...however, do I want it to charge fast? it's not my smartphone, I would like this battery to stay healthy for as long as possible, but then again, I don't want to charge for hours... so a balance is needed...

If anyone orders the TB2's charger, please send a picture of its specs :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ordered my unit. I can't wait!

I did not order a charger, I just looked at their store and it says - "Bowle Replacement Qualcomm Quick-charge 3.0 Charger"
I'm pretty sure the original is QC 3.0 as well... I mean I'm looking at it as we speak and I have 2-3 of these :D

I wonder how fast it will charge, I think that the bottleneck might be the TB1's weak battery and it might charge faster on the new device...however, do I want it to charge fast? it's not my smartphone, I would like this battery to stay healthy for as long as possible, but then again, I don't want to charge for hours... so a balance is needed...

If anyone orders the TB2's charger, please send a picture of its specs :)
You're correct, it is the same wall adapter from the 1. You obviously don't need it.
The bottleneck with 1 was the usb mini. With usb-c it can charge faster. But these devices are smart enough to not let the charger 'ruin' the battery. You don't need to worry about it!

There are some cautions and suggestions about the battery in the owners manual. Applicable to both 1 and 2.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
I noticed that everyone posts their Bowle photos and are all lovely...and its just the Bowle in its settings...just the Bowle as is. No attachments, no rigs, no glass stems, no frills...you know why? Because the Bowle as is...is ALL you need. That simple little cup will kick your ass with flavor and simplicity. As you get higher...you just need one button to touch. Also, it reminds you to drink liquids!!!...its in your face! So DRINK! and HIGHDRATE! (hydrate).

nicanaca0

Super disappointed in Tafee :(

I sent my TB2 to get it's button fixed... I had piss poor communication throughout, and they messed up with the return so it took 21 days from me sending to getting it back today... after all of it the button works in the exact same way as it did before! Fuck knows what they actually did!

I'm glad to finally have it back but what a complete waste of everyone's time.

--

Edit:

I'm getting a 2nd puck to test from Vapefiend but I'm not hopeful tbh. Tafee said they did 'Multiple simulated button tests were conducted to confirm reported issue was rectified' but also go on to state 'Note that any alterations to the pressure exerted on the button after "pressing and holding" upon feeling the haptic/vibration notification will shut down the oven.'

Tafee's advice was:
  1. Try using a different finger in your "Press and Hold" button use style. Note that any alterations to the pressure exerted on the button after "pressing and holding" upon feeling the haptic/vibration notification will shut down the oven. Using a different finger, which can exert consistent pressure, will confirm if there is any input error due to the change in pressure exerted by your preferred finger.

If this is a known issue with how the buttons work, why didn't they just tell me this originally and save me the hassle? I sent a clear description and a video of what was happening in my original email.

Feeling pretty frustrated but I'll just have to see how things go.

Last edited:

Corvoed

Farm Grower
While this doesn't help your situation, I'm actually very grateful for your post. I didn't know that changing the pressure while holding the button turned off the oven. I have had scenarios where the oven would turn off and I wasn't quite sure if I accidentally de-pressed the button or reached the end of the hit timer thingy. This actually makes a load of sense to me now, as I've noticed this would mostly happen when I would adjust my grip or similar mid-hit. Was never a real issue for me, but still something that made my head itch every now and then. Now that I know what causes it, I can confirm that it does happen, but not everytime, which is a little weird... But basically when you press that button, keep the pressure constant if you can, otherwise session mode might be the way to go

Realistically, I could have potentially gone months or even years before I ever figured this out, so again, very grateful to have learned this early on. Hope things work out for you, I've had great experiences with Tafee CS so far, but I also have not experienced what you are going through as well.

Last edited:

m0sh

I prefer not to. The UX is awkward for Press-and-Release as it sometimes needs a single press to wake first but there's no haptic feedback. For the cost and design accolades, I was expecting better.

Interesting...
I remember using press and hold at the beginning, but today I just don't see the reason to do so.
To each is own I guess.

ChooChooCharlie

I prefer not to. The UX is awkward for Press-and-Release as it sometimes needs a single press to wake first but there's no haptic feedback. For the cost and design accolades, I was expecting better.
Yes, after checking battery level, you need to tap once to wake it. There is haptic feedback with both methods. I feel the cost is fair in today's high end vape market. Sorry you're not as impressed with it as I am. And, I hope your time-outs are not related to your draw style -- heater will time out if it doesn't sense an inhale after 2 to 3 seconds, so steady uninterrupted inhale is required (just guessing, you probably know this)

Found this frisbee on Ebay, I'm incorrigible

Round rules!

Bowle-with-team-Chihuly-frisbee.jpg

nicanaca0

Yes, after checking battery level, you need to tap once to wake it. There is haptic feedback with both methods. I feel the cost is fair in today's high end vape market. Sorry you're not as impressed with it as I am. And, I hope your time-outs are not related to your draw style -- heater will time out if it doesn't sense an inhale after 2 to 3 seconds, so steady uninterrupted inhale is required (just guessing, you probably know this)

Found this frisbee on Ebay, I'm incorrigible

Round rules!

Bowle-with-team-Chihuly-frisbee.jpg
Sorry, I meant some kind of haptic feedback for the wake-up, not the heater starting on Press-and-Release. Press-and-Hold wakes the device and turns on the heater so it's a lot more of a consistent UX and part of why I prefer that method.

Personally I don't get why everyone is so focused on how I'm using the button, the button shouldn't allow an invalid state regardless of how it's used :shrug:

I'm SUPER impressed with the heater performance and stem cooling, just not with the inputs or software. I think if you try use your TB2 with your eyes closed you might understand how bad some of the UX elements are. There's only 2 buttons to interact with the device, you'd think they'd have thought more about it.

It's not draw related, I think it's pretty clear based on my own testing/comments, and Tafee's comments that it's a known issue due to poorly built button inputs.

I'll confirm what I experience with the second unit when I get it.

Nice Frisbee!

m0sh

Sorry, I meant some kind of haptic feedback for the wake-up, not the heater starting on Press-and-Release. Press-and-Hold wakes the device and turns on the heater so it's a lot more of a consistent UX and part of why I prefer that method.

Personally I don't get why everyone is so focused on how I'm using the button, the button shouldn't allow an invalid state regardless of how it's used :shrug:

I'm SUPER impressed with the heater performance and stem cooling, just not with the inputs or software. I think if you try use your TB2 with your eyes closed you might understand how bad some of the UX elements are. There's only 2 buttons to interact with the device, you'd think they'd have thought more about it.

It's not draw related, I think it's pretty clear based on my own testing/comments, and Tafee's comments that it's a known issue due to poorly built button inputs.

I'll confirm what I experience with the second unit when I get it.

Nice Frisbee!
I dunno, for me pressing once to wake up and then pressing again and releasing seems easy and intuitive, but for each is own, screw press and hold :p

In other news, my TB2 has arrived! can't wait to get back from work and check it out :)
Thursday to Tuesday across the universe, another awesome and fast shipment!

m0sh

I got home but still working (RIP)

Couple of things I noticed:

1. Stubby stem is even shorter than the original stubby stem....interesting, hopefully it cools just as well.
2. Seems that the TB1 stems fit TB2 ... it should work fine, no?
3. The device is bigger, it is not as comfortable as TB1, however, I have big hands and I feel that it will be fine.
4. I got both Potter (Grey) and Potter+ , I'm pretty sure that's not standard, regardless, I never use it, I just use my BCG and one oven pot. LOL, talking about an overkill.
5. Does the device lights stay active once the device is fully charged? On TB1, the lights turned off. I think this is a better practice TBH, assuming this is indeed the case, my device was flashing on the 5th LED spot and then stopped flashing with all lights active.

Edit: Just tried it. Feels different from the first device.
First off, the feedback is stronger and noticeable, I barely feel anything using TB1.
There's a lot more noise when you inhale, compared to the original.
The original stems seem to fit and work fine.
I think I prefer the original stubby stem. New one felt a bit harsh for me on temp 3, but I'll give it more tries.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

I don't have confidence in the loose fit of the TB1 stem in TB2 puck, poor seal, but it might work, haven't bothered to try. Just read your post again and see that you had success. I was traumatized by the stuck TB2 stem in the TB1 puck first day of ownership, out of curiosity, happy I'm not a cat, small scratch on TB2 stem

I was freaked first week with seemingly odd charging light behavior. Learned here that if TB2 is in the "off" state, then plug in to charge, charging lights blink for about a minute, then go dark -- but, it's still charging

Now, I leave TB2 in the "On" state to charge. This way, charging lights continue to blink throughout charging. When full, the charging lights go steady on all 5 lights. Kinda helpful to know when charging complete ... wonder why the "Off" state charging lights behave like that ... odd, but no big deal

Hope you're enjoying the new TB2 one tap on, one tap off to clear. Not aware of any other on-demand vapes with this feature. Makes my life easier with my increasingly bad Essential Tremors, @Stu can relate. Trying to keep finger pressure on button starts my entire hand shaking now

Love one tap

Top Bottom