Tafée Bowle

ChooChooCharlie

Glass butterfly on a ceramic toilet -- ABP, already been pooped, tincture material?

Bowle-pot-with-butterfly.jpg

Troy and Jerry discuss the Bowle Series 2 tonight:

jbm

I’ve spent the part 2 days vaping out of my updated series II. I keep ice water in the cup and it cools so well. The draw detection is working perfectly on mine and battery life is excellent. Really great; looking forward to the glass drinkware and larger sizes.

Texus

Glass butterfly on a ceramic toilet -- ABP, already been pooped, tincture material?

Bowle-pot-with-butterfly.jpg

Troy and Jerry discuss the Bowle Series 2 tonight:

The Troy and Jerry is the most informative description of the new Bowle I've seen yet. For example some very interesting things like adding headroom to help preserve battery. Seems like Jerry has had some good conversations with Bruno.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
The Troy and Jerry is the most informative description of the new Bowle I've seen yet. For example some very interesting things like adding headroom to help preserve battery. Seems like Jerry has had some good conversations with Bruno.
I agree...the Bowle is SUPERB in every way....they also, give a coupon code for the smaller stem. Please watch the video...its long but, you get a really thorough look at the Bowle.

I think its in my top three of vapes... do not hesitate to get one. It is worth every penny.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
My wife keeps on combusting ... she just doesn't know when to stop. What the hell can I do?
I don't get it, I can feel once its about to be spent...

Cacahuates

My wife keeps on combusting ... she just doesn't know when to stop. What the hell can I do?
I don't get it, I can feel once its about to be spent...
Sounds like she's a smoke show. Nothing you can do about that.

You can combust with the bowle?? Amazing power. Maybe stay off level 5 or just do one or 2 shorter hits at 5?

There's a few variables with convection. Heat and how fast/slow you pull.
Maybe if she inhales faster and shorter there will be less smoke. Still impressed you can combust with thing. 👏

m0sh

Sounds like she's a smoke show. Nothing you can do about that.

You can combust with the bowle?? Amazing power. Maybe stay off level 5 or just do one or 2 shorter hits at 5?

There's a few variables with convection. Heat and how fast/slow you pull.
Maybe if she inhales faster and shorter there will be less smoke. Still impressed you can combust with thing. 👏
I can't, but she can.
On temp 3.
Yuck, I can taste it. Disgusting. No idea how to get rid of this aweful smell.
I'm using a different mouthpiece.

Oh yeah, she's a slow toker. That's the thing with convection...gotta remember that.

Last edited:

Farid

I think that's why so many manufacturers gravitate towards avoiding convection. Average users often give up out of frustration upon combusting.

That's one reason I've got a lot of respect for the design of the bowle. When it was first announced it raised a lot of eyebrows with the cup. It takes a lot of guts to do something so against the grain, and to simultaneously make a product that satisfies the enthusiast community versus just targeting the mass market.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ooof yeah can't do that here, she'd have to adjust her style... load less temp lower...
I'm reminded to mention to you that in the recent Troy/Jerry show featuring the Bowle 2, temp lights were discussed.

Jerry says that of the 5 lights, the "middle three" represent the same range as "all four" lights on the og.
So, the 5th light is a setting higher than previously available (as we knew) but the First light represents a new, lower than previous, temp setting.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm reminded to mention to you that in the recent Troy/Jerry show featuring the Bowle 2, temp lights wer discussed.
Jerry says that of the 5 lights, the "middle three" represent the same range as "all four" lights on the og.
So, the 5th light is a setting higher than previously available (as we knew) but the First light represents a new, lower than previous temp setting.

Wow this is the first time hearing of that, why wouldn't the company have made that clear before?? T&J say they know that, but they don't know what the actual settings are then? I forget where we got the numbers, I thought they were listed again for the TB2

m0sh

No need to get near the inner screen. The hot air is drawn from behind that screen and through your pot/stem/mouthpiece.
You can get rid of any essence by Iso cleaning the stem well.

Unfortunately, it smells a little bit, hopefully, it will go away in a few days.

As for the mouthpiece, I disassembled it and did a quick ISO wash, still smells bad...gonna let it breathe for now

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
I never knew you could combust on the Bowle...I keep my Bowle2 on number two...it gives me the best flavor and I get about 6 draws of nice vape...it comes out just tan...light tan....like hardly used! I just love mine...I have been using it all day long...amazing.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Unfortunately, it smells a little bit,
OOOH- I apologize.
I figured it was a quick burn, and reflexive pulling apart of things.
It sat for a few seconds and wafted upwards.
I think that heat passing that area with use will make it neutral.
I never knew you could combust on the Bowle
It is hard to picture, but combustion is more easily accomplished with "on demand" vapes.
On demand vapes cannot logically be a conduction type of vape because it takes too long for the oven to heat.
Convection is not the culprit, but rather Moderation of draw speed combined with temperature setting.

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee updated their user manual. Now includes references to both Series 1 & 2. A few image "typos," and omitted references to odd series 2 charging behavior specifics, and no mention of new one tap off feature to clear hit. But overall, pretty pretty pretty good

For new Bowle owners, upon opening, must plug in and charge fully first. This isn't just some battery health advice. The Bowle is shipped in a lockout state for safety reasons. Only way to wake Bowle from this shipping lockout state is to plug in. Have to search manual for that rather important tidbit. Maybe I'm wrong, and they now put in a big note, must plug in first?

They must have repeated in manual four times -- Do not let battery charge level go to zero, if you want to prolong battery life. Charge when level at 1 or 2 lights. They repeat prior Bowle series 1 advice, that to increase battery efficiency, use the press and hold method rather than Tap and release. True, with Series 1, because without the double pressing trick, only way to stop heater was to stop inhaling and let 3 sec timeout end session. But with Series 2 and the one tap on, one tap off, there's no more 3 second wasted heater/battery time. Wish they would revise this PDF

They also mention several times -- Do not start heater without inhaling. That somehow letting it timeout after 3 seconds is harmful to the Bowle over time. That's a head scratcher, but Bruno knows best. Only a new user would tap and stare without inhaling ... on second thought, every new user probably does this, because they've never seen a vape warmup in under 2 seconds

Go to this support page, scroll down to view the user manual PDF:

Took screenshot of the troubleshooting section concerning charred/burned herb:

Charred-or-burned-screenshot.jpg

@Shit Snacks - the new PDF manual has a graphic showing the new heater light ranges, but you're correct, it's marketing malfeasance not to tout new temp ranges front and center on site

I've never combusted in Bowles over 3 years, don't recall reading posts here of incidents, but I'm probably wrong...

If troubleshooting above doesn't help, (and I really can't see how it would at level 3), I would send an email to support@tafee.com , include serial number of puck in email

My 2 cents: the thermocouple wire is misbehaving. How's that for technical? In past, with Series 1, some users got aggressive brushing upper screen and silicone seal in puck. Some users dislodged thermocouple wire off center, causing errors -- the brain of the heater listens attentively to that wire -- "not hot enough, eh? I'll send some more power"

I'm not saying you folks damaged the puck. Might just be a "loose" solder point?

BTW, for those who made it to the end of that Troy & Jerry livestream posted above, Troy put the Series 2 stem in his old Series 1 puck. Stuck. Neither of them seemed to have read my warning posts about this here on FC, months back. I had even sent Jerry an email before the show, warning him not to let Troy put new stem in old puck, guess he never read it, too many emails. Yet another good additional warning point for the manual

Edit: I've said it before, "Round Rules!":
Bowle-to-the-moon.jpg

Last edited:

Cacahuates

I've been running my v1 back in the rotation and it's been great. The only downside is the battery life. I get about 3 pots per charge. Mildly irriatating but I don't think it's enough of a reason to spring for the v2. I know I'll get one. Just weighing the reason for and against.

Improved battery
Wider temp range
Haptic feedback
Better internals?
Same/similar vapour quality/experience?

For those who have used both, do you feel the 2 is worth the upgrade?

I'm thinking it is.

Top Bottom