Tafée Bowle

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Howdy yall...
I own 2 devices and I've noticed one of them is not working as well as the other.
It's just harder to get good results and while using cold water in the cup, it's even harder...

Anyone experience that?
I tried contacting Taffee, we'll see how it goes.

Going back to this message to let you know that I have found and solved the issue!
I have noticed I am missing one screw from the puck base that caused worse extraction because the seal was broken.
Luckily as said before, I have an old puck base, so I took one screw from it and the device is now proper again :)
I never touched the screws so it's a little bit odd that I was missing one. Come to think about it, I remember seeing a misplaced screw on ny table without any idea where it came from...

Btw, this is how I knew these screws would also fit the stem...so now my old non working base is screwless :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Guys, I can confirm that we can expect a refreshed device this summer.

I personally cannot wait.
Forgive us if we are skeptical, even while we do want it to happen.
Unfortunately, you are not the first to tell us something is coming "soon".
1. The website has, maybe for years now.
2. Troy and Jerry talked about it mid-way through last year.
3. George from Vapefiend was very excited about "maybe two!" new devices, coming soon. That was also last year.
:popcorn:

Do you have something additional about your enlightenment that you can share with us? What does "confirm" mean?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
3. George from Vapefiend was very excited about "maybe two!" new devices, coming soon. That was also last year.

Do you have something additional about your enlightenment that you can share with us? What does "confirm" mean?

I just remember he had a good relationship with them because he was such a fan and talked to them a lot early on and they hooked him up... So I presume more confirmation that these teases are going to result in something, eventually haha I would say this summer is as close to a date as we have so far, wasn't it saying Q1 or Q2 before which would now mean Q3 probably lol + grain salt

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

Hey sorry for taking a while to respond.

@Shit Snacks is correct, I do have a good relationship with them and I adore the company and its founder.

I understand where you coming from as I was led to believe a re-stock is coming back in March 2023.
This feels different, maybe the plan was diverted and they decided to wait longer and produce a new version.

From the email I got, I feel like this is enough confirmation for me as they would like me to upgrade as well, which I no doubt will!

I am looking forward to seeing if any of my suggestions made it :p

RxPlorer

I just realized that it's been like 2 months since I've touched Bowlé, my former DD and I'm not even interested at this point. The inevitable frustration with the "low battery lockout", the fear of something going wrong and having to deal with CS nonsense yet again...

Wow. I thinks it's over.
It's not me, Tafée, it's you Honey.

Goita

I don't use mine much any more, only really when i have to be stealthy. Vapor quality is great, consistent hits but battery life is poor and I know this will sound silly but there is no ritual or soul to it! Having said that, it is the best on demand device and credit to the team for a bold design and very impressive device. Will be really interested to see what their next device is like - could be amazing if they improve the battery and come up with something you can put in your pocket.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Mine still shares a "major" spot in my daily rotation but I never take it off the charger and I now start a new bowl at level 3. Thank goodness for the long charger cord.

I'm now looking at the company with a bit of distrust because it is exhibiting the same signs as some other vape companies that eventually met their demise even though they had a pretty good product.

The Bowle reminds me of the commercial where there are a couple old people living over a gold mine "THEY'RE SITTING ON A GOLD MINE"!

I haven’t been using mine much either. I kinda feel like it doesn’t hit as hard as it did when it was new but it’s really hard to tell if that’s in my head or not.

Probably has more to do with the fact that I started dabbing with the Proxy a few months ago. Those long convection draws with the Bowle aren’t cutting it anymore. When I want to vape flower these days I’m usually grabbing the Anvil for a quick rip through the bubbler.

Still interested in the possibility of a new version but certainly not holding my breath for it.

Solosummers

Awesome pictures, thank you! @ChooChooCharlie

Just wanted to let you know that Tafée wants me to send the defective unit back to Vapefiend, where I had initially bought it.
After I provide shipping details a new unit will be dispatched to me from Tafée Canada.
The only problem is that I have to pay for every shipment and Im not seeing myself spending 1/3 the price of a new unit just on that.
Its the first time Im having warranty problems with a company where I have to pay for replacement.
Right now Im not sure what to do and Ill wait for another answer from Tafée, but Im losing my interest in this unit very very fast.
Furthermore I have asked about my extended warranty twice and not received any answer.
What am I gonna do in 2 months, when my replacement fails and Im out of warranty?
Since I had great experience with them in the past Im still hoping for a better solution, updates will follow ;)

Had the same problem as well with the company. They gave me a very reluctant feeling. As if keeping their word in regards to getting a new replacement unit under warranty was a issue they didn't want to really fix. I only had mine for a little over a month before it started acting up. Did all the button pressing the resets that worked but then it would make a little pitch sound it was just one thing after another. Wasn't hitting the same and it's easy to notice because everything starts out so "Out of this World fantastic". In terms of flavors tasting the magical essence of whatever strain you put through it! Giant effective hits that had meaning! The device just became more defective. I found it interesting that you had the option to send yours to Vapefiend were you purchased yours? Interesting... I got mines from POTV. And I didn't have the option to send it back there, which would've been so much convenient plus a lot cheaper on me and my limited budget. I sent mines back just how they asked me too. Got to the destination or to just customs area and sat there. For a long time. So once they tracked it down. I then received the puck back in the mail shortly after. Issue unresolved once again. A waste of money/time/energy and the only deal that they would cut me is to resend it again on a bit of a discount or whatever it just felt like a runaround! I'd payed a lot of money already plus purchased the stubby stem. I did every protocol that was mentioned on FC YouTube did what they told me and mind you this is all during covid heavy times. And getting sick a few times I decided to throw away the puck and just cut ties with this company after giving such heavy promising positive praise! I felt fucked over like those who were dealing with the Ghost MV1 & Grasshopper company's .....well Bro just know you're not the only one who got the alternate negative overall experience. And for the longest time I kept my disappointment silent and off this or any platform trying to work with Tafee and work it out behind the scenes through emails see where it got me? For those who are on a strict budget and our real cannabis patients looking for the best respectable healthy method of consuming in a medical way given that like the Mighty & Crafty etc... this is a medically approved device. Yet obviously something was overlooked and there are several shortcomings thus this major huge revamp that will address apparently these failures if they can make it to a second version? Just stay leery and patient before committing to such a expensive purchase. I did wait but apparently I should have waited longer my lesson was learned. #TM2 filled that Funky void✌🏾

Dr. G

Old Resident
Had the same problem as well with the company. They gave me a very reluctant feeling. As if keeping their word in regards to getting a new replacement unit under warranty was a issue they didn't want to really fix. I only had mine for a little over a month before it started acting up. Did all the button pressing the resets that worked but then it would make a little pitch sound it was just one thing after another. Wasn't hitting the same and it's easy to notice because everything starts out so "Out of this World fantastic". In terms of flavors tasting the magical essence of whatever strain you put through it! Giant effective hits that had meaning! The device just became more defective. I found it interesting that you had the option to send yours to Vapefiend were you purchased yours? Interesting... I got mines from POTV. And I didn't have the option to send it back there, which would've been so much convenient plus a lot cheaper on me and my limited budget. I sent mines back just how they asked me too. Got to the destination or to just customs area and sat there. For a long time. So once they tracked it down. I then received the puck back in the mail shortly after. Issue unresolved once again. A waste of money/time/energy and the only deal that they would cut me is to resend it again on a bit of a discount or whatever it just felt like a runaround! I'd payed a lot of money already plus purchased the stubby stem. I did every protocol that was mentioned on FC YouTube did what they told me and mind you this is all during covid heavy times. And getting sick a few times I decided to throw away the puck and just cut ties with this company after giving such heavy promising positive praise! I felt fucked over like those who were dealing with the Ghost MV1 & Grasshopper company's .....well Bro just know you're not the only one who got the alternate negative overall experience. And for the longest time I kept my disappointment silent and off this or any platform trying to work with Tafee and work it out behind the scenes through emails see where it got me? For those who are on a strict budget and our real cannabis patients looking for the best respectable healthy method of consuming in a medical way given that like the Mighty & Crafty etc... this is a medically approved device. Yet obviously something was overlooked and there are several shortcomings thus this major huge revamp that will address apparently these failures if they can make it to a second version? Just stay leery and patient before committing to such a expensive purchase. I did wait but apparently I should have waited longer my lesson was learned. #TM2 filled that Funky void✌🏾
Thank you for posting...you have been through hell with this and I am sorry to hear. Thank God you found another device you like and can rely on. I am a patient and would not be able to go through this...I wanted to get one but, I will be very cautious when it does come out. If ever.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry about your shitty experience.
When I had an issue, I found the initial response from Tafee off-putting, I think the wording is somewhat harsh; it makes it sound likely that it may not work out and I was discouraged. They also said I would pay postage both ways (U.S.-Canada and back).
As it turned out, I did pay one way and they were super good about the repair, included lots of goodies (a new stem, some pods, etc) and paid the postage back to me.
A second time (different issue) brought the same bad-sounding initial response (maybe a lawyer wrote it?) but I was not so intimidated, I did again pay postage (twenty or thirty bucks as I recall) but again got great service and some goodies on the return (with a new replacement puck).

You may not have seen the resolution to the issue of the person you quoted, here it is;
Alright just to finish things up regarding my defective unit, Tafée came towards me with big steps and tried everything to make things right.
I am once again happy and will be with a new puck soon. They also answered all my questions and were very fast with their responses.
I knew there was no worry to doubt their customer service. Thanks Tafée!
Thank you for posting...you have been through hell with this and I am sorry to hear. Thank God you found another device you like and can rely on. I am a patient and would not be able to go through this...I wanted to get one but, I will be very cautious when it does come out. If ever.
I'm not saying that it has been a flawless product with no 'growing pains' or reports of bad experiences. We have one right here. But there are also many great ones, and happy customers. I purchased a second bowl from an FC'er (no warranty!!!), I like them so much , now wife and I each have our own.
I still have my fingers crossed. As a former Grasshopper owner, I know this one is very different.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
still have my fingers crossed. As a former Grasshopper owner, I know this one is very different.

Haha yeah on a scale of GH to Pax, I'm still giving Tafee benefit of the doubt to stay in the middle lol optimistic they will be in it for the long haul moving forward and hopeful improvements will be well worth any wait

Esquire

Guys, I can confirm that we can expect a refreshed device this summer.

I personally cannot wait.
Tafee has been constantly delaying its relaunch (now it's called a re-launch as opposed to just a re-stock - leading me to believe they are releasing an entirely different version of the Bowle), but these delays almost make it sound like a company that isn't coming back. I think it has been AT LEAST one year since they have sold any devices, and that amount of time makes me feel like the company is in trouble. Does anyone know anything about what is going on at Tafee?

RxPlorer

All it takes to resuscitate them is to post a shot of the internals. Then you find out just how ready they are to respond, when they want to be.

Last edited:

dill

Tafee has been constantly delaying its relaunch (now it's called a re-launch as opposed to just a re-stock - leading me to believe they are releasing an entirely different version of the Bowle), but these delays almost make it sound like a company that isn't coming back. I think it has been AT LEAST one year since they have sold any devices, and that amount of time makes me feel like the company is in trouble. Does anyone know anything about what is going on at Tafee?
For what it's worth I had my device serviced recently and that was handled promptly. Given that Bowles were very expensive and were never in constant stock I'm hoping they just sold better than expected and Tafee ended up with enough money they've been using to work on a new iteration without having to sell more flawed originals (cause those few flaws are big).

Who knows, though!

Esquire

For what it's worth I had my device serviced recently and that was handled promptly. Given that Bowles were very expensive and were never in constant stock I'm hoping they just sold better than expected and Tafee ended up with enough money they've been using to work on a new iteration without having to sell more flawed originals (cause those few flaws are big).

Who knows, though!
I hope you are right. I love the Bowle, and mine was, I believe, production number 52, and it's still running great. It's just hard to believe that a company could sell a bunch of units, and then sell nothing for over a year. It just makes me hesitate to buy from them again not knowing why nothing has been produced for all this time. That said, the Bowle is a terrific device, cup aside. It is also strange that first they said they would be shipping in mid-2022, and now it's one year later and they aren't even releasing news.

staircase slight of hand

I actually got a reply from Tafee a few days ago, in response to an inquiry as to whether the relaunch was actually happening. Obviously anything from them is going to require a grain of salt at minimum, but they do seem confident that they’ll be re-launched and ready to order “before summers end”. But more interesting was there reason for all the delays:

“To shed some insight into our delays, we have been focusing our attention on relocating all of our suppliers within our supply chain to North America, and this is an enormous task.

We are unwavering in this commitment, as we know it will benefit our users significantly in the long term.”

badbee

I actually got a reply from Tafee a few days ago, in response to an inquiry as to whether the relaunch was actually happening. Obviously anything from them is going to require a grain of salt at minimum, but they do seem confident that they’ll be re-launched and ready to order “before summers end”. But more interesting was there reason for all the delays:

“To shed some insight into our delays, we have been focusing our attention on relocating all of our suppliers within our supply chain to North America, and this is an enormous task.

We are unwavering in this commitment, as we know it will benefit our users significantly in the long term.”
Bowle v2, only $850.... Just kidding, I hope.

Top Bottom