Tafée Bowle

Texus

Clearly there are QC problems and some bad materials choices for this price point. i can't think of the last time the coating on a button wore off on anything I own. And def not after such a short time in my home.

But this is their first product to market. Here's hoping that they will make things right for those of you with issues.

The reports of no CS replies to me are most concerning for me.

But they are still in the growing pains and I'll give them benefit of the doubt window for me.

Fogoff

Seriously, I can't believe the animosity over having to make a second return.

Is it common for someone to have multiple failed units? Does not seem to be from this thread... but in any case, that really does not make it a bad vape by any means... the failure rates of Grasshoppers are FAR higher and they won't work but that is moot, here we are just talking about some paint flaking outside of the vapor path.

@lastninja are you physically disabled in any way? You act like it is painful to initiate a return or go to the post office. I don't understand why is it a big deal? It is not common, seems like it was just unlucky.
Seriously!?
I already sent back a unit. Will not go through the hassle a third time (not living in North America, had to pay for customs a second time for the replacement!).
At least @lastninja did get that.
If I have to motivate myself to do something for the third time. I will request a full refund!

There's no animosity but just giving up with this company.
Too many problems (coating, firmware, glassware...). Expensive for what it really is.
I dont like to be a beta tester (afaik it was never sold as a beta device).

I'm sure that you know the coating does not magically disappear in the air. It will stay on your fingers, skin and will end up in your body, as you'll inhale/absorb it one way or another (IE touching your eyes/face after using the Bowle)
We are far away from the 100% safe medical device it claims to be.

I work in the Ecig industry, coating issues like this often happen with cheap Ecig. Taffe isn't cheap.
I never had this much problems and concerns with any vapes I owned in 10 years (SSV, Solo, Mighty, Crafty, Minivap, Pax, Dynavap)
As said before, I was enthusiastic about TB, but rather disappointed after a few weeks of use because of these problems. It is not reliable enough.

Also for some of you, it seems that whatever this company does, you're happy with. Always trying to smooth it out.
Good for you but I'm probably a more demanding customer.

It's not useful for threads in this forum to become a fanbase, it lacks objectivity imho.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Seriously, I can't believe the animosity over having to make a second return.

Is it common for someone to have multiple failed units? Does not seem to be from this thread... but in any case, that really does not make it a bad vape by any means... the failure rates of Grasshoppers are FAR higher and they won't work but that is moot, here we are just talking about some paint flaking outside of the vapor path.

@lastninja are you physically disabled in any way? You act like it is painful to initiate a return or go to the post office. I don't understand why is it a big deal? It is not common, seems like it was just unlucky.
How many returns would you do?

ninjagaijin

Seriously!?
I already sent back a unit. Will not go through the hassle a third time (not living in North America, had to pay for customs a second time for the replacement!).
If I have to motivate myself to do something for the third time. I will request a full refund!

That's part of the reason that made me hesitant to buy - if it was stocked in Australia, it wouldn't be much of an issue to return to the retailer two or more times to return if faulty. But having to pay postage, customs/duty back and forth from Australia to USA multiple times is not good. Australian consumer warranty law actually states we shouldn't be paying return postage for items with faults that need return under RMA. But that's the problem of not being able to buy this device from a local stockist. We also have the right upon a major fault to decide whether we want a refund, replacement or exchange. Considering Tafee ignore all my emails I don't have much faith in them selling legally according to Australian consumer laws. I figure they just won't actually sell a Bowle to any Australian to avoid 'potential issues' for themselves. Maybe that's why it actually says on the Tafee page 'we don't ship to your state' for a Bowle, but it will allow me to cart a stem or any accessory.

ChooChooCharlie

Bowle-at-Balboa.jpg

Happy 4th to those that celebrate!
Enjoy those Bowle barbecues

Edit:
Bowle-on-the-fourth.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
The honeymoon is over and has been for a bit but I still really love this vape :luv: it’s not my most used or strongest, can’t say it is the tastiest or best but what I can say is though it’s the first vape on the chopping block out of my top 3 vapes when it comes to daily use, however it holds sway over my other vapes in certain situations. Grilling and Bowle were made for each other! Spatula in one hand and Bowle in the other with cup full of a appropriate drink like a screwdriver or jack a ginger maybe a beer :love:. Going somewhere to visit like my cousins house or wherever nursing a pot and a drink for a hour or so before thinking about reloading and freshing up my drink. Taking the dog for a walk around the house but not on the hilly uneven terrain of the walking trails in our forest. I have the Bowle first thing in the morning most often with a big fat bowl of cbd maybe topped with a few flakes of THC flower if I'm feeling bold but mostly it's just for the ritual and enjoying vaping itself having a big nearly full pot while I come to FC and catch up on my threads in the morning. When I want more than to medicate but recreate typically with a pot of sativa. It might not be a everyday vape but still sees a fair amount of use.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
What would you say is the most used, strongest, best or tastiest?
The most used is my tinymight, strongest my Flowerpot, tastiest might be my elev8r when I don't end in combustion but best?????? That's more difficult, impossible really as I like different vapes for different situations. I will say this there's many times where I want nothing but my Bowle and it readily satisfies.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

Vitolo

Vaporist
Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The granulated cannabis "chips" they use guarantees them the end users loyal attention.
That could easily become a dissuading factor in the units pending acceptance/popularity.
Thanks @Djsleepy for pointing this out.
On their website, while they do explain this... it is written in such a manner that it is easily overlooked.
There will likely be a limited audience on that unit, until perhaps an "exploit" of the system allowing
flower use.
Their pre-loaded cartidges (chips) can not easily be imitated.
Tafée Bowle to the rescue... It should distract me from over-thinking someone else's errors in judgement...
(refering to the granulated cannabis chip).

Djsleepy

Ok what size is the stupid screw on bottom of stem?
its loose and you have remove
The bottom one screw first to tighten stem.
TIA

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Vitolo

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I still love me some Bowle but as I said in a previous post....the honeymoon ended when I started to desire something different occasionally. It is still my most used vape but sometimes I need a little "strange". Doesn't everyone?

I'm also one of the earlier users who reported that the coating was coming off on my big button. I caused the coating on the button to come off when I thought there was dirt on the button and wet my finger to remove it. I also used my finger nail and that was a really bad idea. I also had a very small scratch where the coating came off on the back of the puck where the stem connects. I hadn't used any ISO in those areas at that time so ISO wasn't the culprit.

I hadn't checked the inside of the puck for additional coating issues till just now because of the number of recent posts........ the inside of the puck hasn't gotten worse and the button hasn't got worse either. I've been careful with the button and the inside of the puck looks like the small scratch isn't growing because that's the only point of contact.

I'm satisfied that the coating issue with my puck isn't compromising the inhalation path.

I'm still waiting for the next iteration before buying my wife hers and she is getting impatient. And just to be clear that need for some "strange" only applies to vapes because if my wife thought different that coating would be the least of my concerns.

ChooChooCharlie

I got “screwed“ by $10 hex set I got from Ace hardware today. it doesn’t fit, even though smallest size says 1.5mm. Boo boo. Never even wanted to open the stem, but now I’m curious what hex size opens it?

ChooChooCharlie

Seriously!?

There's no animosity but just giving up with this company.
Too many problems (coating, firmware, glassware...). Expensive for what it really is.
I dont like to be a beta tester (afaik it was never sold as a beta device).

I'm sure that you know the coating does not magically disappear in the air. It will stay on your fingers, skin and will end up in your body, as you'll inhale/absorb it one way or another (IE touching your eyes/face after using the Bowle)
We are far away from the 100% safe medical device it claims to be.

I work in the Ecig industry, coating issues like this often happen with cheap Ecig. Taffe isn't cheap.
I never had this much problems and concerns with any vapes I owned in 10 years (SSV, Solo, Mighty, Crafty, Minivap, Pax, Dynavap)
As said before, I was enthusiastic about TB, but rather disappointed after a few weeks of use because of these problems. It is not reliable enough.

Also for some of you, it seems that whatever this company does, you're happy with. Always trying to smooth it out.
Good for you but I'm probably a more demanding customer.

It's not useful for threads in this forum to become a fanbase, it lacks objectivity imho.

guilty as charged

i be a “fanbase“

luv da Bowle!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I got “screwed“ by $10 hex set I got from Ace hardware today. it doesn’t fit, even though smallest size says 1.5mm. Boo boo. Never even wanted to open the stem, but now I’m curious what hex size opens it?
I have a Torx T6x40mm (I also have one for TM) - fits 100%
I would open it whenever I clean.

I guess this will do - https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-96706-Screwdriver-Precision-Handle/dp/B07NLLNR8G

FYI, using ISO + Salt in room temp is the way to go, the coating stays on, yeah it's a little bit less cleaned but for that you can unscrew and use some TP.

Top Bottom