Tafée Bowle

Kaptan

Does anybody disassemble the stem to clean under the crucible?
I have not found it necessary as I just add some heated ISO into the stem, cover both ends, and vigorously shake. Repeat as necessary, but usually only couple minutes is all it takes. I am careful not to get any on the exterior of the stem, which has the coating, to prevent premature pealing. The silicone tip gets thrown in the ISO for a couple minutes and then a soap and water bath to rinse.

ninjagaijin

Yeah I heard people saying in other cleaning topics that 'hot iso' is useful, personally I only use room temp iso for anything, I'd be too afraid to heat or warm up iso. As for rinsing, I usually use hot water to rinse things, but in this case after the reports, I'd be using cold (or luke warm at most).

Getting tired of waiting for a V2.. might just pull the trigger in the next few weeks when large cup is back in stock (and/or machined stems available).

Very keen to hear reports of machined stems, if worth getting compared to coated (and probably then just removing the coating).

ChooChooCharlie

While posting emails from mfgs without their posted consent is a no-no, I figured no big whoop, right? Might save Bruno and folks some time answering fearful questions. Least I could do ... really like the vibe of this vape in use, hard to describe the tactile love ... oops, over the creepy line

@EddIW posted this helpful Tafée reply from 4/14/21, back on page 100 of this thread:

email-response-posted-prior.jpg

JonServo

Hot water, cold water...doesn't matter for me. I've only rinsed out the stem with room temp ISO. I have never soaked the stem in water or ISO. Even the button coating is flaking, and I use the Bowle once or twice a day tops. I'm disappointed.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still dismantle my stem, and do the entire cleaning process that is seen in my stem cleaning video.
I do this with 3 stems.... long, regular and stubby.
I do it weekly, and have since day 1.
I perform this ritual in spite of warnings about Hot water/Hot Iso.
I use 91% or 99% Iso, along with VERY VERY hot water.
I also use the Bowle about a dozen times a day since I got it in January 2021.
I have absolutely no signs of wear on button, unit or on any of the stems.
My Tafée tools are all exactly as the day I received them.
Watch out Dusty.... I've got some charging to do!
Photo-on-1-5-21-at-2-32-PM-4.jpg

Does anyone know what the rectangular red gaskets are for?
They came with the extra screens and round "pot" gaskets.
DSC06590.jpg

Oh shit... the battery is already charged!
But the camera battery is dead...
It just goes to show you....
"It's always something!"
Back when camera battery is charged.

Texus

oof. I haven't noticed things like this on mine but could be bad batch or some coatings not being properly applied. A shame, especially considering price premium. Hope these growing pains are fixed quickly and customers with problems are taken good care of by CS (who has been great for me).

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater... I fucking LOVE this chilly vapor. I had some flaking on one of my stems, but I don't find it anything to worry about. It is not anywhere near the air path and has no affect on vapor quality, so I am happy to keep using mine.

For what it is worth @Fogoff , I keep hearing about their great support department. Why are you so insistent on throwing it out of your rotation versus getting a replacement you are happy with?

To all: Have there been reports of CS denying any support requests? Not sure why there would be such reluctance to go down this road.

Last edited:

ninjagaijin

I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater... I fucking LOVE this chilly vapor. I had some flaking on one of my stems, but I don't find it anything to worry about. It is not anywhere near the air path and has no affect on vapor quality, so I am happy to keep using mine.

For what it is worth @Fogoff , I keep hearing about their great support department. Why are you so insistent on throwing it out of your rotation versus getting a replacement you are happy with?

To all: Have there been reports of CS denying any support requests? Not sure why there would be such reluctance to go down this road.

He had a faulty unit which stopped powering, THIS was a replacement.
So his 'refurbished' looking replacement after SIX weeks use looks like that, with the flaking.
So, would you really want to keep wasting time sending units back and forth? He/she/they would be up to their 3rd interaction since purchase now (initial purchase, first return, now second return).
I'd be pretty mad personally if had spent time and energy doing RMA just to have replacement end up faulty too.
No idea why you would put coating on those buttons, if it's just going to flake off after 1.5 months use. This device is SUPER expensive, no way it is worth the cost with all these issues building up. They need to be addressed ASAP, it's been 6 months without a revision of the unit.

Personally, I've sent three emails to Tafee now over the past four months, without a single response. They seem dodgy to me. No reply, first message sent March 23rd. People talk about 'how great' their service is, well, it seems to be a pick and choose situation on the part of Tafee, some people get support, others get completely ignored. Or, they are so understaffed that they just refuse to respond to any non-warranty support message. Again, bad service/support.

It's showing $40 USD postage for a stem posted to Australia too, and trying to purchase a Bowle from Tafee direct, says 'we can't ship to your state'. No reply to my email about this. No way could it cost $40 to post a single stem to Australia. No reply to my email requests for support at all. Makes me feel the company doesn't care about its customers.

Last edited:

ninjagaijin

Let me send you my address :)
There's actually a purchase request in the classifieds section if Fogoff really want to sell it
The buttons on my unit are starting to loose their coating too after inspecting them because of the picture of @JonServo

Not happy about this. Never used solvents or anything else to clean the base puck unit.
Seems like must be just from oils from fingers.. otherwise what could it be.. humid atmosphere/location?? No idea why would put coating on buttons if it just comes off. Didn't they test the design for over a year with vape influencers? It seems like it's just body heat and body oil taking the coating off - which is a terrible design if so. Love how they refuse to say what the coating is too, even though it's coming off all over the device.

Does the coating do anything other than provide an aesthetic and/or cause for problems?

We now have JonServo, Fogoff and Michel all stating that their button coatings are wearing off. I feel like I saw instances of this previously in the thread too.

Honestly this vape has me very interested but for the price Tafee really needs to step up its game and fix the issues presented by its userbase. They have done several waves of unit manufacturing so far and it's still V1 design...

I was just about to be able to afford a unit but with Tafee ignoring my emails and the continuing reports of issues (and those issues not being resolved by a revision of the design), I think I will be holding off and sticking to my Volcano.

p.s. proof Tafee are ignoring my emails, sent from three different addresses/email services now:

Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s)
listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will
receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive
notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.

The mail system

<help@tafee.com>: delivery via spamfilter: delivered via spamfilter service

Last edited:
ninjagaijin,
Reactions: Vitolo

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Seriously, I can't believe the animosity over having to make a second return.

Is it common for someone to have multiple failed units? Does not seem to be from this thread... but in any case, that really does not make it a bad vape by any means... the failure rates of Grasshoppers are FAR higher and they won't work but that is moot, here we are just talking about some paint flaking outside of the vapor path.

@lastninja are you physically disabled in any way? You act like it is painful to initiate a return or go to the post office. I don't understand why is it a big deal? It is not common, seems like it was just unlucky.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The buttons on my unit are starting to loose their coating too after inspecting them because of the picture of @JonServo

Yeah I mentioned this months ago, that the button on mine had wear, I imagined from sweat or oils or any moisture on fingers when touched repeatedly, not a huge deal and I have been more careful with it since I've noticed to avoid further wear, though I'm not using mine in regular rotation anymore now anyway... Non-coated buttons would be better, and as I said before I also wish that the power button was the outie and the temp button was the innie, ideally :\ womp womp

Top Bottom