Tafée Bowle

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is tough! always travel with backups…

i have so many questions, what’s it like being on a cruise during these times? Are you CONSTANTLY thinking about COVID?

What’s the protocol if there is a case on board? Are y’all to be blocked from all ports as last time?

cliffhanger1

I now also have the problem with one of my devices that the lamps turn green,
then I inhale but after about 4 seconds the lamps go out without the vaporizer heating up :(

I had that a few days ago, then it was back to normal all of a sudden and now again.

it seems to be defective without anything having happened to me with the device.
it did not fall or something. has anyone ever had the error suddenly appearing out of nowhere?

Fogoff

I now also have the problem with one of my devices that the lamps turn green,
then I inhale but after about 4 seconds the lamps go out without the vaporizer heating up :(

I had that a few days ago, then it was back to normal all of a sudden and now again.

it seems to be defective without anything having happened to me with the device.
it did not fall or something. has anyone ever had the error suddenly appearing out of nowhere?
Same happened to me, I had to send the unit back....

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Not sure I understand your tone.
Do you think there is no actual stem in production?

I can't imagine there is going to be a ton of people willing to pay such a premium for a stem upgrade.... I am watching but not a buyer. Much more interested in new drink ware options, ceramics, glass, lids for the cup, etc.

EddIW

I can't imagine there is going to be a ton of people willing to pay such a premium for a stem upgrade.... I am watching but not a buyer. Much more interested in new drink ware options, ceramics, glass, lids for the cup, etc.
Im not a huge fan of aluminium and would greatly prefer the stainless steel, and like I said, 4th time delayed (3 previous SET dates given, not sometime in blah blah, specific dates. 3 times.) So yeah forgive me if im not so sure that the stems will now come out sometime “early August”

kimura

I would probably spring for an SS mouthpiece if it’s ever for sale.

ive been cruising for months with my bowle now. Definitely my go to portable and first vape of the day. Took it on a beach trip and it was easy to teach total newbs how to get a good rip. problem free great vapor, one of the few Vapes I use everyday. Fingers crossed

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Im not a huge fan of aluminium and would greatly prefer the stainless steel, and like I said, 4th time delayed (3 previous SET dates given, not sometime in blah blah, specific dates. 3 times.) So yeah forgive me if im not so sure that the stems will now come out sometime “early August”
Yeah, I just don't see how that delay can illicit anger.
Its just a vape, and I am sure we all have plenty of vapes at the house and to purchase that can hold us over...

I used to get mad as hell about delays for new model airplane releases. It reallly was silly [as nothing else will ever fly as well as my 95" 3DHS Extra].

Texus

Yeah, I just don't see how that delay can illicit anger.
Its just a vape, and I am sure we all have plenty of vapes at the house and to purchase that can hold us over...

I used to get mad as hell about delays for new model airplane releases. It reallly was silly [as nothing else will ever fly as well as my 95" 3DHS Extra].
And the delay may well be due to shipping delays out of their control. Or whatever, delays happen. Not like I pre-ordered and they have my money. And these pushbacks have been weeks, not months.

I'm also much more interested in new drinkware options (that handle prototype that Troy and Jerry and other testers have shown!).

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm having some issues with the battery, it will stop charging after 2 dots only.
I did a test run and managed to get it to 3, then did it again, but every time it drops below 3 it will only charge one step... that is odd

m0sh,

androponic

vaped.
How do you do that?
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

and then there is this as well:

This low battery lockout is apparently not the same as the reset. I’ve done the reset before. From Tafée’s support:
We believe your Puck may have entered a low battery lockout mode.
It is possible to wake it up from this state and we would like to try to help you do this.

To do this kindly follow these steps;

1. Plug the Puck Base Unit in to charge (You must use the supplied charger and cable)
2. After 15 seconds, unplug it the Puck, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in to the charger.
3. Leave the Puck connected to charge for at least 5 hours. This should allow It to trickle charge until the protocols to begin fast charge can begin to complete a reset charge cycle.
IMPORTANT: Do not interact with the device at all for the duration of the charge. If you attempt to and fire the device, it will enter into the low battery lockout again and you must restart the entire procedure.

Do kindly let us know if you need further clarity.
We look forward to your feedback after completing the steps advised.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm having some issues with the battery, it will stop charging after 2 dots only.
I did a test run and managed to get it to 3, then did it again, but every time it drops below 3 it will only charge one step... that is odd
@androponic posted 1 through 3....I found one more thing to try and listed it as 4.

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

4. Charge the device normally, then after 5 minutes, unplug the cable for 10 seconds from the puck, then reconnect. The reason for this is there are chips that monitor battery life and temperature of the puck. If they detect a situation in which the device is still warm or if the battery has been depleted to power off stage, the charger will engage trickle slow charging. In some cases, it does not revert to quick smart charging so it will trickle charge till full. By disconnecting the charger for 10 seconds and reconnecting, this is suppose to reset and engage smart charging again. In some cases, if the charger has detected too many errors, it’s possible to get stuck in trickle charging mode, in which case a replacement charging brick is necessary.

condition

That is tough! always travel with backups…

i have so many questions, what’s it like being on a cruise during these times? Are you CONSTANTLY thinking about COVID?

What’s the protocol if there is a case on board? Are y’all to be blocked from all ports as last time?
Hi sorry for not replying earlier. The ship's guest capacity is 600 and actually boarded around 250. They never announced the the actual number. So this was a half full small cruise ship, accepting only fully vaccinated passengers and crew (I think that about the crew). Prior boarding sailing port everyone was rapid tested. I almost didn't think about covid. All the tests at the day prior to last, came up negative and the crew was smiling behind their masks. Passengers were not required to use mask. I don't know about protocol and we haven't been blocked from visiting any port. Mykonos, a popular port of call, was more crowded than the ship, even at noon time!
As for me, I was smoking old school joints at the veranda and haven't been fined yet.

hoyo77

When you use the cup do you cover the usb port. i used the cup once but the condensation kind of scared me. was worried about water dripping into the port. guess i could place some tape over it.

hoyo77,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
When you use the cup do you cover the usb port. i used the cup once but the condensation kind of scared me. was worried about water dripping into the port. guess i could place some tape over it.
I inadvertently did plenty of condensation tests because I use a ton of ice in my Bowle drinks but only one test was a specific condensation test where I set out to see how condensation at its worst, would pan out. What I found was that while the cup is in place the USB port is fully protected by the water proofing that occurs by the cup making contact with the rubber/silicone ring on the outside of the puck.

Also when removing the cup with condensation present ... lift the cup straight up or dry the outside of the cup first. As long as you don't tilt the cup toward the USB port when removing it when a good bit of condensation is present you'll be fine.

EDIT: Should have mentioned that condensation never produced for me on the inside of the cup. Not sure why but the only moisture created for me is on the outside of the cup.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, I've skimmed the thread, still have at least 3 questions.
Is there a noticeable difference in vapor experience between long stem/short stem?
I think I saw @stickstones say it didn't make very much difference, and I'd prefer the short if all else is equal.

Do we anticipate any 'v2' in near future?
Are there ever sales (or some code for POTV)? I'm in US.

Thanks, folks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom