Tafée Bowle

Yeah my sensor can cut out, using either style, sometimes I think it's because of how I drew on it at that time, but sometimes it does seem random... Not a big deal though!

For the mouthpiece? Let it soak a little, then rinse without water and soap if you want, let air dry a while... For the stem, I shake it with the iso for a while, rinse it out and iso shake again, maybe use q-tip to scrub the bottom plate. For the pots, I remove the o-ring, and let them iso soak a bit before hot water rinse (dipping in iso again in between) and one of them the screen is getting pretty worn and pops out easily, but the other one I keep the screen in... Honestly it is a pretty quick and very easy process, although I still procrastinate doing it!
Thanks appreciate it

What do you mean by "dry heater"?

How often, while you're drawing, does it change from green (heater on) to not green? I have only used the press, release and draw at green approach and it works perfectly with the exception of a once every couple of pots it will change from green to not green before I stop drawing.

If your Bowle is doing the change from green while drawing consistently.....you should contact support.
Meant to say my heater. Yh mine is the same. But just want3d to know if was just happening to me

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Meant to say my heater. Yh mine is the same. But just want3d to know if was just happening to me
Great! As long as it's only changing from green during the draw once in awhile your good to go. I've tried to replicate it and can't make it happen. Some folks have guessed it may have to do with the room temp being cold versus the vape when heated or changing the draw.... but nothing conclusive.

Edit: I got mine in late December and it's been my daily driver since. My Bowle has been doing the change from green during the draw once every couple of pots since I got it. One of the things I have been keeping an eye on is whether or not it starts doing it more and more.....and it hasn't so whatever it is on mine it's not something "going bad or getting worse".

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime have you done the battery resets with the charge cable yet?
Yep, it either changed the battery for the better a little or it coincided with the battery settling in. Either way it's been better and I did do it if it resets anything else.

I'm hoping the video I sent in either shows some user error or inconsistencies in use, or that the unit isn't operating as intended....it could be me :razz:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@MonkeyTime every time I see a post from you in here it sounds identical to what I experienced.

I kept testing it for like a week after I received the RMA label before I finally mailed it in because even though it was intermittently cutting out, sometimes it worked and got me stoned and that would make me second guess that everything was fine. My final metric was letting some noobies try it, because I figured even if I was overthinking somewhere, if they struggled to get it to work something was probably up.

condition

I read many users vape half full capsules. How do you do that and prevent the herb from moving? You just push the screen upwards or there is another way to make it more stable?

condition,
Reactions: Vitolo

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime every time I see a post from you in here it sounds identical to what I experienced.

I kept testing it for like a week after I received the RMA label before I finally mailed it in because even though it was intermittently cutting out, sometimes it worked and got me stoned and that would make me second guess that everything was fine. My final metric was letting some noobies try it, because I figured even if I was overthinking somewhere, if they struggled to get it to work something was probably up.
I'm still in the "testing" phase, and the video I sent in didn't have volume, so we're kinda at a stand still for the moment.

They did send me updated or a new user manual, it's very long and now has a lot more fluff information like not putting alcoholic beverages in the cup and such! I have to admit, I read that and laughed! The biggest thing I saw was that now it only describes using the click on/sensor style hit as opposed to the click and hold that I was using.

With the right light and angle I can see the sensor wire under the puck screen and it looks to be centered and not near the screen. But I'll not try removing it without direction to do so, I can have fat fingers and wouldn't want to cause additional issues for myself. I'm starting to believe it's either a faulty unit or something the unit uses in software has a large enough manufacturing tolerance that only some units are affected?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I read many users vape half full capsules. How do you do that and prevent the herb from moving? You just push the screen upwards or there is another way to make it more stable?

Huh? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, what do you mean prevent the herb from moving?? You load chamber pot half full, and then when in the stem and you are drawing, all the herb only moves further down against the screen (if you tamp after loading, then this is already done before you even inhale) So nothing is unstable and there is no reason to push the screen up...??

Shit Snacks

Thanks Shit Snacks. So if the capsule is half full and I tamp it down, no herb will be near the screen of the heating unit. The heat will pass first from the empty half of the capsule. Is this right, acceptable?

Correct this is nothing to be concerned about, you may want to be mindful of, taking a longer draw perhaps, as it may take a second longer to build up the vapor with the pure convection since the load is slightly further, but in my experience it's not really noticeable here... However often if I am loading less than that, I will start at a higher temp setting instead of level one, since the herb is further away from the heater... Regardless even when you are loading full, you want a little room at the top, I find if you load it too full performance suffers a bit, so yes having a little room at the top of the ceramic chamber pot is a good thing! :tup:

Last edited:

condition

Got it now guys, I confused it with Store & Bickel early products, like volcano where you always have to tight pack the filling champer, thus the press for the solid valve champer. Also S&B's capsules better not used half packed. I am so glad vape industry has evolved. So many alternatives.

Shit Snacks

Got it now guys, I confused it with Store & Bickel early products, like volcano where you always have to tight pack the filling champer, thus the press for the solid valve champer. Also S&B's capsules better not used half packed. I am so glad vape industry has evolved. So many alternatives.

Haha yeah, crafty/mighty are conduction hybrids and the volcano is a huge-bowled airpumped-bags beast, nothing like the Tafée Bowle or other portable vapes that are also pure convection on demand... Yes the Herbal Vape Industry has come a long way over the past five years, especially portables!

HugeSack

I'm still in the "testing" phase, and the video I sent in didn't have volume, so we're kinda at a stand still for the moment.

They did send me updated or a new user manual, it's very long and now has a lot more fluff information like not putting alcoholic beverages in the cup and such! I have to admit, I read that and laughed! The biggest thing I saw was that now it only describes using the click on/sensor style hit as opposed to the click and hold that I was using.

With the right light and angle I can see the sensor wire under the puck screen and it looks to be centered and not near the screen. But I'll not try removing it without direction to do so, I can have fat fingers and wouldn't want to cause additional issues for myself. I'm starting to believe it's either a faulty unit or something the unit uses in software has a large enough manufacturing tolerance that only some units are affected?
I bought two TB’s when my mighty recently died (400ml and a 250ml). I was only using the 400ml when I started getting sensor issues like you. Every couple of bowl(e)s, the sensor would give out during my typical hit- I would readjust the bowl and try again. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn’t. I tried resetting but the same problem occurred. Also, it seemed like the heater was weakening compared to what it was. I would typically start and finish at level 2, but I was having to go to 3 and sometimes start there to get significant vapor output and to darken my avb.

Ultimately, I decided to open/ use the 250ml and that one has given me no problems. Because of that, I returned the 400ml. I noticed the bowl of the 400ml was making divets in the bottom of the puck from the constant opening/ closing so maybe that played a part in not creating a perfect seal?

Only time will tell if my 250ml starts to get any wear/ sensor issues, but I don’t have a desire to replace my old mighty and am loving the bowle. I would get that unit replaced if I were you. I have a feeling a faulty sensor will get worse over time. Just my two cents!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I just loaded a pot and found that my Bowlé is a brické. It didn't charge overnight, the puck only does the blue back and forth light when unplugged. I can't hit the buttons at the same time for the life of me apparently to do the reset.

Sounds like you've tried the following but just to be sure.....
- Press both the power select and fire buttons together, quickly, 5 times. The puck will only power on again after its connected to the charger.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I find the silicone mouthpiece restricts air flow a bit: this contributed to lower velocity mouth-to-lung pulls for me and premature power shut-off. I have more successful draws without the silicone. Mouth-feel sucks on metal stem, so.... You have to manually close gap on the concave side with a pinch: it's like a carborator.
TM-Stem-mouthpiece.jpg

Top Bottom