Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I start at level 1 and take about 3 to 4 hits before temp stepping. I do take longer draws..... First hit is cloudy on the back-end of the draw and doesn't produce for the first couple seconds but the next couple draws are suh-weeeeeet. Level 1 rarely surprises me with a coughing fit while level 2 and 3 can catch me off guard.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm finding 1 hit at level 1, then 2 hits at level 2, and all three of them are nice and cloudy. My ABV is nice and dark brown (at least as dark as I like it)

Really complete extraction, I would say quite similar actually to an IO, with slightly different signatures.

The heaters seem actually very comparable to me, but there are some differences. I think the Hopper IO has slightly more conduction occurring in the longer metal chamber, and the vapor just seems hotter accordingly. The difference after the heater is that the IO really has no cooling, so really needs supplemental cooling of some sort (at least a short extension), and is best through water, whereas the Tafee has a complex enough path with heat sinks involved in cooling the vapour, so no additional cooling required.

Both designs have their merit in my opinion and both are excellent devices; both devices heaters are great and really shine as far as being able to produce consistent results at different draw speeds.

I haven't opened up my Tafee (and don't plan to any time soon as I don't plan on voiding my warranty), however, I doubt the Tafee has a proprietary battery. The IO on the other hand, although the battery is proprietary, it is replaceable which is a plus.

(Didn't plan on this being a Tafee vs IO review, however, find myself considering how similar but different both vapes are)

Actually ... I know I'm rambling here, but the 3 vapes I have in rotation right now for flower are the Tafee, Hopper IO, and the Neo. All 3 are unique and really compliment each other nicely.
- The IO is that super heavy hitter through water, that's also great with a small drip-tip when portability is required
- The Tafee is just really nice to just sit there and chill with, and it hits like a tank as well
- The Neo is just great when paired with the right glass bowl, and really has great flavour with a j-hook. It's not convenient or as hands-off as the Tafee though, it requires more user involvement, and more technique to get great hits (although with just a little practice, and the right bowl, the Neo hits hard too).

As far as efficiency goes, I feel the Tafee and the IO are most efficient by a wide enough margin, but maybe that's because I'm not a big fan of stirring ... the IO and the Tafee really do not require any stirring at all, whereas the Neo does to not waste some.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm having an identify crisis.
Am I done with plugged in vapes? am I done with vapor bonging?

Its day 3 without turning on my EVO, with using TM for like once or twice, this is really a saying something.

I will say that its probably the excitement of using a new device and I should come to my senses, but man, there is something special here!

I feel really stupid for not realizing the second mouthpiece is bigger, I thought its the same one and I didn't even check it, but that makes using the Bowle with the cup, much much easier.

Pouring some fresh cold soda water from my soda-stream and taking a zip immediately after taking a hit is quite simply, sublime. The slight irritation is gone and you're forced to drink, which is always great, as I never drink enough.

For some reason having a closed solution without having to charge batteries individually, makes it more inviting for me during the day, I try to charge it as much as possible after every use, its just for some reason feels easier than battery swap and external charging, what I mean is that usually I will opt to use a plugged in vape if I'm home all day, but with the taffee, it doesn't feel like a drag.
At the end of the day, using water is still the king, but oh boy, this is as good as it gets!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Guess what I found can be a ceramic dosing capsule for my FlowerPot shovelhead bowl? It actually works very well.

View attachment 6470

Nice! I wouldn't be surprised if that reduces the need to stir. That FP bowl has a ledge around it that bothers me and requires stirring.

I fill the pots to capacity. I wonder if I use less if I will get more vapor. Certainly worth a try.

Fill them to the top, but then tamp them down gently, so it's about 3/4 full. The vape will perform better, and you'll never have a heater screen issue.

For those concerned about the heater screen...it's a rare issue. I beta tested four units over 18 months and it never came up. It can and will be improved, I'm sure, but it's not something mainstream users need to worry about. Use it as intended and carry on!

Vapefanatic

Nice! I wouldn't be surprised if that reduces the need to stir. That FP bowl has a ledge around it that bothers me and requires stirring.
I found that the ledge can be eliminated or at least minimized when using a carb cap. Ironically, not the universal NV carb cap but those regular one holed caps that are really cap shaped like a bell.

The below went through 3 long ass hits at 685F. Stirred only on the last hit. 3/4 bowl filled. No Tafee pods.

A74646F3-7B44-48D8-BD34-C59EB1151546.jpeg
No flash, white background
765E4D78-3788-479C-B04B-B867D69F5971.jpeg

cliffhanger1

for me the Tafee
I found that the ledge can be eliminated or at least minimized when using a carb cap. Ironically, not the universal NV carb cap but those regular one holed caps that are really cap shaped like a bell.

The below went through 3 long ass hits at 685F. Stirred only on the last hit. 3/4 bowl filled. No Tafee pods.
i dont understand at all, because it isnt my first language ;) what is it for a carb cap ? i am very very interesting. do you has an picture from it ?
that is an very very good idea to have an pod without that ledge.:clap:👍 I think a tight screen holds up that way

cliffhanger1,

Vapefanatic

for me the Tafee

i dont understand at all, because it isnt my first language ;) what is it for a carb cap ? i am very very interesting. do you has an picture from it ?
that is an very very good idea to have an pod without that ledge.:clap:👍 I think a tight screen holds up that way
5E9FC9A1-A0D5-448A-8B7D-AFF20511E60A.jpeg
That white thing is a carb cap. Usually used for concentrate dabbing on an enail. I need to stress that this is not for Tafee Bowle. I was just being off topic a little with stickstones. My apologies and will refrain from doing so again.

cliffhanger1

but now i have an good idea.. i will order a new potter to have new pods which i can try to remove the edge to have maybe an even better extraction :) i dont know how hard the material is

cliffhanger1,
Reactions: Vitolo

ChooChooCharlie

Whoops, I derped out for a minute and accidentally melted the potter in a bag of ISO trying to clean it up to send to @Vitolo 😂

Pulled it out and watched it turn translucent to opaque..... 😮

Wanted to get it nice and Covid clean for ya... Sorry buddy, I owe ya one!
@invertedisdead - no worries, your post is a good cautionary tale for readers. I'll send Vito my aluminum potter, a patient may find it useful. But I'll keep the pots. My drinking problem leads to missing pots, like losing socks doing laundry

pulpF

View attachment 6510
That white thing is a carb cap. Usually used for concentrate dabbing on an enail. I need to stress that this is not for Tafee Bowle. I was just being off topic a little with stickstones. My apologies and will refrain from doing so again.
Apologies for continuing the off-topic discussion but what is that you have in your flowerpot bowl? Looks like something I need.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead - no worries, your post is a good cautionary tale for readers. I'll send Vito my aluminum potter, a patient may find it useful. But I'll keep the pots. My drinking problem leads to missing pots, like losing socks doing laundry

That is so damn cool of you, thank you so much, I really appreciate that and I'm sure a patient very much will!

Damn thing smelt like a fiberglass shop when I pulled it out of the ISO... 😳
I should know better, but I definitely derped out.

I'm embarrassed to admit I was hastily running out the door to meet an important appointment with an extra large pizza................

And I left the fuckin' cup on my balcony, air drying 😂

No wonder that package seemed smaller....

This was all a few days ago, but it took me a couple to confess my super stoned sins 😂

Don't worry @Vitolo the cups coming too 😆

Is this why people switched to CBD? 😁😁

SpacelyJetson

I found the vapor at level 1 to be *very* light, if not unnoticeable on my unit. So I start on level two, then temp step as I finish the bowl. Love that no stirring is necessary.
That's interesting. I dont even go above level 1 really. Only occasionally go to level 2 if theres linalool I feel like I'm missing. I get vapor on 1 and it leaves my trichs nice and toasted.

SouthernBear84

Whoops, I derped out for a minute and accidentally melted the potter in a bag of ISO trying to clean it up to send to @Vitolo 😂

Pulled it out and watched it turn translucent to opaque..... 😮

Wanted to get it nice and Covid clean for ya... Sorry buddy, I owe ya one!
I turned a bottle of iso over on my countertop and did not realize until the next day. I had a cooking thermometer turned face down next to it and the clear lens turned white and opaque. After months of procrastinating I was about to get an RMA to have it fixed, went to get it to have in hand while calling company and it had turned perfectly clear again. Maybe you will be lucky also.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I've managed to combust (temp 3):(
Well I should have stirred, but still, I guess I should pack less.
Not sure if I can soak the whole mouthpiece in ISO?
I was afraid to use it so I only used boiling water soap and vinegar, but there's not much to do about the puck itself, I cleaned it with a qtip and some ISO, there is a smell but vaping is fine, no combustion smells.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I was afraid to use it so I only used boiling water soap and vinegar, but there's not much to do about the puck itself, I cleaned it with a qtip and some ISO, there is a smell but vaping is fine, no combustion smells.
OMG! Was there ash or just dark char?

The Care and Maintenance guide says the ceramic pots can be deep cleaned using ISO. For additional details like whether the pot gasket can also be ISO soaked (It isn't recommended) ..... https://tafee.com/assets/downloads/Tafee - Care and Maintenance Guide.pdf

The full set of manuals and guides can be found here: https://tafee.com/support.html

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Bleh, probably just black and scorch on the top? Did you pack full and tight, draw a little slow on that hit?? Pure convection risks...

ISO is fine for the mouthpiece and the stem and the pots, you may want to do several rinses, to get the smell out of the silicone... Water and soap as well, last resort try putting it in some milk or something similar.

west-elec

If I may ask what flavor is she?
Lemon Monster Bread. I have just started growing it recently. Really strong lemon, maybe too much- have to get used to the extra terps punch. Nice growth habit, so it's earned a spot in the garden.
With my Haze variety 2 hits on 3 and flavour is long gone, this strain I find 4 hits on 2 and it still has some lemon in the last hit.

Top Bottom