Tafée Bowle

MonkeyTime

Looks like my wife got the puck to not show any lights no matter what you do. Shes been trying to click those buttons at the same time for 15 minutes. I'm going to let it charge overnight and hopefully it wakes up tomorrow.

Have you tried plugging it in to the original charger yet? Sounds like you're in the middle of resetting the battery? It'll flash all four LED's twice when done and if it doesn't do it, plug it in and out a couple of times before you give up.

BestBuds

The Dude
Have you tried plugging it in to the original charger yet? Sounds like you're in the middle of resetting the battery? It'll flash all four LED's twice when done and if it doesn't do it, plug it in and out a couple of times before you give up.
I make sure to only use the stock charger, I did that from day one.
No lights actively on right now but I don't want to touch it. Lol. I'll poke it with a stick in the morning... TM stepped in tonight, now I can sleep... I'll update soon.

BestBuds

The Dude
Sorry for the back to back post but....
jim carrey GIF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I make sure to only use the stock charger, I did that from day one.
No lights actively on right now but I don't want to touch it. Lol. I'll poke it with a stick in the morning... TM stepped in tonight, now I can sleep... I'll update soon.

Sorry for the back to back post but....
jim carrey GIF
Must have been a really good stick!

My original guess was that it needed to be plugged in again because clicking the buttons 5x simultaneously requires.... The puck will only power on again after its connected to the charger.

Do we have any idea if it was the above or something else?

cliffhanger1

today i received my new 2nd bowle after giving it in warranty because the ABV was not so dark like my first unit

i will say here thanks very much again to @verdampftnochmal for the very good service

this brand new bowl really rocks like my first one with very dark ABV. i am very happy :)
It is very nice to have again two units, because for me only using the highest temperature level the battery holds only for 3 sessions, that is annoying have to load so often the battery with only one unit

BestBuds

The Dude
Must have been a really good stick!

My original guess was that it needed to be plugged in again because clicking the buttons 5x simultaneously requires.... The puck will only power on again after its connected to the charger.

Do we have any idea if it was the above or something else?
I had it charging for 8 hrs before the failure. Basically it was acting like the battery was d-e-d, dead. But it wouldn't charge. I think my wife somehow got it into the reset mode and after a full charge it came back to life.
While she was trying to click both buttons at the same time 5 times in a row, the little blue light would bounce back and forth every once and a while.
I don't love the heavy importance placed on the charger and how finicky the charging is. I want it to be like a phone, plug it in and don't think about checking to see if it's actually charging.

almost there

I had it charging for 8 hrs before the failure. Basically it was acting like the battery was d-e-d, dead. But it wouldn't charge. I think my wife somehow got it into the reset mode and after a full charge it came back to life.
While she was trying to click both buttons at the same time 5 times in a row, the little blue light would bounce back and forth every once and a while.
I don't love the heavy importance placed on the charger and how finicky the charging is. I want it to be like a phone, plug it in and don't think about checking to see if it's actually charging.
Recently I had a similar experience with one of my pucks and no amount of resets did anything. I had no lights when I charge the puck and it took over 5 hours to charge 2 notches. CS had me to drain the power as completely as possible before initiating charging and it resolved the issue for me. I guess that's the "final reset " method.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still no glass blower came with a dedicaced Bowle's Bubbler?

I have nothing to say, it works so well, not a single issue to mention, only good hits!

nb: the tiny issues I mentionned, the unit was turning heat off after a couple of seconds, this issue was related to ambient T° and since this T° is now warmer than a month ago the issue disappeared.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still no glass blower came with a dedicaced Bowle's Bubbler?

Haha it's not like we have that many custom glass blowers really, it would be a tough job to make something work with the existing setup, what we need is for Tafée to release some proper Bowle WPA oriented stems!

Forgot to post this a while ago, yeah despite little sensor stuffs mine has been working pretty great I think, nice extraction here:

PXL-20210325-071035550.jpg

Texus

Haha it's not like we have that many custom glass blowers really, it would be a tough job to make something work with the existing setup, what we need is for Tafée to release some proper Bowle WPA oriented stems!

Forgot to post this a while ago, yeah despite little sensor stuffs mine has been working pretty great I think, nice extraction here:

PXL-20210325-071035550.jpg
Was gazing approvingly at my ABV too last night

Sn4Pz

Has anyone else here returned a bowle?

How fast/slow was the snail mail shipping in Canada? Mine was supposed to be delivered March 18th but is still not delivered :(

Still in transit... Hopefully its not gone missing...

Sn4Pz,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

JCat

Accessory Maker
Has anyone else here returned a bowle?

How fast/slow was the snail mail shipping in Canada? Mine was supposed to be delivered March 18th but is still not delivered :(

Still in transit... Hopefully its not gone missing...
Did you ship with insurance? Usually Canada Post is pretty good, but there are exceptions.

I much prefer CP over Purolator or UPS or FedEx.

JCat,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Sn4Pz

Did you ship with insurance? Usually Canada Post is pretty good, but there are exceptions.

I much prefer CP over Purolator or UPS or FedEx.
I think it was only insured for the default $50 ... woops.

Should have just sold it via entexchange.

Sn4Pz,

Djsleepy

I think it was only insured for the default $50 ... woops.

Should have just sold it via entexchange.
Did Tafee send labels to you ? If yes When you sent Your unit in did you fill out customs forms or did they? if yes what did.you /they describe it. as ?

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Vitolo

Sn4Pz

Did Tafee send labels to you ? If yes When you sent Your unit in did you fill out customs forms or did they? if yes what did.you /they describe it. as ?
No, I had to provide the labels.

I filled them out and labeled it as a USB heated cup. (I think) It already has passed customs since it was moving within Canada (last scanned March 16 in Mississauga, ON), so I dont think this is related to customs.

NimChimpsky

Has anyone else ever tried 'topping off' their pot on cleanup hits?

Here's a typical session for me:
Lightly tamped pot to ~85%, med grind
3-5 hits on 2 (maybe 6-12 seconds each)
1 hit on 3
Quick stir (at this point the pot is about %65 full). I then put a then even layer of fresh herb on top - this freshens up the cleanup hits with a terp boost.
1 hit on 3
1 hit on 4

Perfectly even AVB.

Note I don't always use it the same.. sometimes load less than 50%, move the screen (before or mid session), ride 1 for a while, start at 3 for a couple big hits, lot of ways to use it! And this 'top off' technique could be used with any method and, perhaps, a lot of different vapes (seems to work well with the TM also) but shines with the TB for me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has anyone else ever tried 'topping off' their pot on cleanup hits?

Here's a typical session for me:
Lightly tamped pot to ~85%, med grind
3-5 hits on 2 (maybe 6-12 seconds each)
1 hit on 3
Quick stir (at this point the pot is about %65 full). I then put a then even layer of fresh herb on top - this freshens up the cleanup hits with a terp boost.
1 hit on 3
1 hit on 4

Perfectly even AVB.

Note I don't always use it the same.. sometimes load less than 50%, move the screen (before or mid session), ride 1 for a while, start at 3 for a couple big hits, lot of ways to use it! And this 'top off' technique could be used with any method and, perhaps, a lot of different vapes (seems to work well with the TM also) but shines with the TB for me.

I've been doing top offs with greens on a nearly done load in my pure convection on demand vapes since the old Zion days, great way to flavor chase when the top becomes overcooked (I no longer bother stirring with like anything really except vapbong) :tup:

Edit: speaking of, I took three big hits at level four of this cake mix, only a half pack load untamped, flavor now gone off the top so decided to scrape it out (love this new dragon tool from Rogue Wax Works!) and now I'm going to add what's left in the grinder (using nylon Delta3D scoop with Rogue handle) of fresh herbs to continue :brow:

PXL-20210329-061249049.jpg

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Fact:
Ever since I've gotten this vape, I barely used my water setups with TM and EVO, just barely.
Yesterday, I kinda forced myself on an early TM+Water bowl, but then I stayed with the bowle for the rest of the day.
Feels as if I can give up on vaping with water, and this has been my thing since the day the original cloud was released.

The most brilliant thing about this vaporizer, is the fact that it solved the loading/maintenance issues.
I'm all for a solo/TM form factor with its stem since its so easy to use and load, compared to a pot/chamber solution where its always gets clogged if not cleaned thoroughly all the time.
The bowle managed to get the good of both worlds, its a stem with a replaceable chamber/pot.
You can pre load pots and you don't really need to clean the bowle at all.
Look, cleaning the screen or glass holes in a stem is not something I consider "cleaning and maintaining" because its very easy to clean after each use and will not get clogged easily, if the entire mouthpiece had to be cleaned for performance, then I would consider that cleaning, so keep that in mind when I talk about not cleaning. A brush would work most of the time, also not leaving the herb spent will also be best, but if it is dirty, all I need it to dip a q tip in 99% ISO and the screen is cleaned in no time. Like new!

EDIT: Lol, I just lost the screen and looks like I either lost the extra screens/o-rings bag or never had it, damn, where do you shop for extra screen? the TM does not seem to fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom