• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

imor jones

It’s almost a week since I received the vape. I received the 400ml glass and the plastic potter with 5 pots, not the metal grinder/potter but I was late for the deal by a couple of days and I shouldn’t even have gotten the cup. If anybody is ordering from EU it’s a wise choice not to bother importing from Canada and go with vapefiend instead.
Exchange rate €/£ for the complete set is around 360€, while getting it from the maker is now €370 with custom duties on top of it, since the 299$ deal is now over.
I tried asking Tafée to send it to me with Canada post but it’s not in their interest sending it with snail mail and risk of having it lost, so they used FedEx and everything summed up I paid 20€ more than if I ordered from Vapefiend. Now, there’s a chance of having to pay for custom duties also when ordering from UK, but ime, if something from US or Canada gets shipped to EU with Ups, FedEx or DHL the chance of having to pay for customs is 100%. With national posts I hardly ever paid any custom taxes.
vapor action GIF

So, so you ordered to EU? To which country?
And did you pay custom fees(taxes)?
I ordered from Taffee to germany with fedex. 2 weeks ago. Till now no bill about taxes. I was sure it will come. But till now not

imor jones,
Reactions: dimmusp

staircase slight of hand

Ok, quick follow-up to yesterday’s comments about draw-sensing: I got a DM from a very helpful member here suggesting that I might be holding the big button too long before releasing. I initially dismissed the suggestion cuz I’m dumb and thought I’d run through all the variables, but I tried it again last night and just clicking (not holding it down at all) did the trick and we’re working correctly 100% of the time now. Problem solved! I’m absolutely loving this thing; the draw sensing really does add another level of convenience.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
In my case I'm sure it's only the heat that killed the cup. In the beginnings I was steeping the tea in another cup for 5 min and letting cool down for another 5 min before transferring the tea to the Bowle. Over time I got impatient and would do the transfer right after the steeping and I think that was my mistake.
The customer service from Tafée told me that the cup should not be used with hot liquids over 80 degree Celsius or it will crack.
Ice may help with mitigating hot liquids too. Just saying. Definitely read and be mindful of the temp ratings for beverage holders. I don’t recall the ratings for Tervis and I do think it will hold very hot liquid (and cold too which I mainly use mine for).

I want to revisit the cleaning of the stem - that’s my biggest concern with keeping the draw sensing tech up and working. The overall reports herein have been very good if not better. Just not sure if this is the right vape for me, and I’ve been eyeing another. I won’t let VAS control me and I don’t need another vape but a new dry herb toy would be fun. I’ll keep reading and following along with y’all... :peace:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Ice may help with mitigating hot liquids too. Just saying. Definitely read and be mindful of the temp ratings for beverage holders. I don’t recall the ratings for Tervis and I do think it will hold very hot liquid (and cold too which I mainly use mine for).

I want to revisit the cleaning of the stem - that’s my biggest concern with keeping the draw sensing tech up and working. The overall reports herein have been very good if not better. Just not sure if this is the right vape for me, and I’ve been eyeing another. I won’t let VAS control me and I don’t need another vape but a new dry herb toy would be fun. I’ll keep reading and following along with y’all... :peace:
That's the thing there was no temp rating in the instruction for the cup so I decided to take a chance, I knew that boiling hot water would be too much so I let the tea cooled down but it wasn't enough and the cup paid the price. Ice will do the trick that's for sure, so I'll remember it next time I'm in a hurry.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
At first I thought it was pronounced like Taffy (you know, that awesome candy that grows in the ocean 🐟)

But then I 'membered the acute accent mark means things.

And now, for some buzzed reason I read the name in the Pink Panther's French dialect: Tah-Fey Bow-Lay

I'm Really Baked and I approve this message. :mmmm:

ChooChooCharlie

Vito cleaned the stem properly in his vid

Here's my lazy method. Hot water bath in tupperware tub, dunk baggie of iso with stem and pots. Hot iso works well. Shake and slosh, couple minutes. Lazy dry, by hitting empty at level 4. Got a huff on leftover iso, probably because it's hard to rinse silicone mouthpiece well. The pots came out surprisingly clean, they were a mess before. Yes, I remembered to remove thin red o-rings first

Side note: Never heat iso directly, always warm in sealed container indirectly, like this baggie dunking method. I have witnessed sparks from a faulty microwave magnetron, which would make a bomb with iso fumes

Last edited:

ginolicious

Vito cleaned the stem properly in his vid

Here's my lazy method. Hot water bath in tupperware tub, dunk baggie of iso with stem and pots. Hot iso works well. Shake and slosh, couple minutes. Lazy dry, by hitting empty at level 4. Got a huff on leftover iso, probably because it's hard to rinse silicone mouthpiece well. The pots came out surprisingly clean, they were a mess before. Yes, I remembered to remove thin red o-rings first

Side note: Never heat iso directly, always warm in sealed container indirectly, like this baggie dunking method. I have witnessed sparks from a faulty microwave magnetron, which would make a bomb with iso fumes

mate you cleaning the silicone mouthpiece with ISO as well?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Honeymoon Update: Still in love.......

Some airflow observations:
I had mentioned that the Bowle airflow was more open than most of my vapes...... I've been tempted to cut the tip off the larger mouthpiece because the openings are so small and the Bowle has no problem keeping up with my draw whether I go hard or easy. I also noticed that if I pull hard the AVB gets super clingy with the pot screen and I can feel the draw difference. There is usually some AVB clinginess for me at the end of a pot but unless I go hard it doesn't hinder the airflow much at all. The Bowle is so cool there's no heat penalty for going hard like that but the AVB does cling way more to the screen that way.

After cleaning the larger mouthpiece I pushed it in till there was no space between the lip of the stem and the mouthpiece edge. The airflow was noticeably restricted and I had to pull it out a bit. Felt like pushing the mouthpiece in so far may have caused the inner walls of the mouthpiece to squish in a bit limiting the inner opening. Next time you clean it up try moving the mouthpiece in and out a little to get the best opening/fit.

When I originally tested the Bowle I got 22 draws after 3 full charges. Decided to retest now that I've had the Bowle for several weeks - Got 27 draws and I wasn't shy about the length of my draws. Normally 4 draws gets me there so that would be 6.75 shots at happiness per charge :rockon:

I WANT A BOWLE GLASS BUBBLER! The Bowle vapor is more than cool enough without a bubbler but I find it hard to always know when to stop drawing so I don't over do the hit. Glass would give me a visual reference and I wouldn't mind some added moisture on the bigger clouds.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

mate you cleaning the silicone mouthpiece with ISO as well?
Yes. I removed from stem, tossed in baggie. It had resin, and I'm accustomed to iso cleaning silicone parts. Like hopper condoms, and I don't remove o-rings from Mighty CU before hot iso baths (Get lovely iso huffs from hopper front ends after inadequate rinsing)

Confession: I'm so bad, this is my first stem and pot cleaning, and got it Dec 18th. But, maybe this is a feature. Bowle -- the vape for lazy people

Tafee-Bowle-stem-cleaning.jpg

MinnBobber

Honeymoon Update: Still in love.......

I WANT A BOWLE GLASS BUBBLER! The Bowle vapor is more than cool enough without a bubbler but I find it hard to always know when to stop drawing so I don't overdue the hit. Glass would give me a visual reference and I wouldn't mind some added moisture on the bigger clouds.

I have a DIY bubbler setup , from my stockpile of @Delta3DStudios silicone pieces. You do need to squeeze it, to compensate for the stem curvature.
You can really over do it thru a bubbler.... take a way bigger hit than you expected.

Attachments

• 72F942E1-EF54-48DB-8DC6-98299BFA9034.jpeg
    72F942E1-EF54-48DB-8DC6-98299BFA9034.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 29

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have a DIY bubbler setup , from my stockpile of @Delta3DStudios silicone pieces. You do need to squeeze it, to compensate for the stem curvature.
You can really over do it thru a bubbler.... take a way bigger hit than you expected.
Nice! I think you may be right about over doing it with a bubbler. I think I have to shoot for something with a bigger can. Something that I can release a 'carburetor' on.

So now that you got me thinking I'm going to have to go into my bag-o-vape stuff and see if I can McGyver something for my D020-D.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
In my case I'm sure it's only the heat that killed the cup. In the beginnings I was steeping the tea in another cup for 5 min and letting cool down for another 5 min before transferring the tea to the Bowle. Over time I got impatient and would do the transfer right after the steeping and I think that was my mistake.
The customer service from Tafée told me that the cup should not be used with hot liquids over 80 degree Celsius or it will crack.

Thanks! I'm gonna carry on with my torture testing. I heat all my teas these days to 203F and, so far so good. But I don't recommend this treatment...let me do it!

Ripstar

Thanks! I'm gonna carry on with my torture testing. I heat all my teas these days to 203F and, so far so good. But I don't recommend this treatment...let me do it!
ha! Will do, I have so far put a green matcha bag(top heat to 140, it doesn't require hot temps), it worked fine and no cracks yet. However, I steeped it in a ceramic glass first then poured it. I also have put cooled Mud Water in, which was fantastic and probably around 125-140. I haven't pushed it past 170 which most tea requires.

NimChimpsky

Just adding, another happy Bowle user here :wave:

I've had it for about a week and love it. I haven't had any issues honestly.. the battery lasts me 4-6 fully vaped bowls, which I am cool with. @Shit Snacks is totally right about riding temp 1, the flavor is stellar and clouds are still satisfying. I usually do several long draws at this temp then 2x at temp 2 and 1-2x and temp 4 to finish it off. Usually 1 stir in there somewhere.

Draw sensor works flawlessly for me. I pretty much exclusively use it this way and it always stops within a second of my draw's end.

Between the Bowle and the VapBong, the rest of my collection is collecting dust at the moment.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Most notable posts were (imho):
-Vitolo disassembling the stem and cleaning it on video, easy enough with the proper screwdriver,
-a few other FCers like stickstones, Troy, vapefiend talking about it on video, Tafée liked the exposure, sent out free unit and an FCer reported back of the gift,
-people acquiring Bowle direct and asking if the deal for the whole kit for 299 was still in place or not (it's now over for good), or how it worked,
-long debates and test over battery
-Tafée surrendered to FCers habits and now considers a "session" the act of extracting a whole bowl, not the single draw for it and apologized for that since it led to misunderstandings on battery capacity,
-on page 47 I asked for the umpteenth time how to draw from the unit in order to engage the the breathing sensor, and got answer(first 2 posts on top of this page):

Now it works everytime for me. :love:
-someone asked for replacements since their unit were misbehaving and now have 2 pucks :razz:
-vapefiend.co.uk is now the only known of reseller of the vape (at least this side of the ocean) and the price is 322£ for the complete set. To the change it was 363€ last time I checked. Not so bad at it seemed if you don't get hit by custom duties since Brexit,
-complete set is now the only option at tafee.com and the price is 369$, metal grinder is not included anymore.

No, but after getting my unit I realized what everybody was saying, this is quite the vape which doesn't need water pieces since the vapor is already so cool.
Still waiting for accessories to be sold on tafee shop or at vapefiend's. I'd probably get a shorter stem to try it out.
Thank you for that whole summary you did, you rock my friend. I contacted myself the Taffee team in order to know how to full reset the puck since I had some small bugs... got a nice and fast reply, they offered me support although by the maintime the bug disappeared, it's all good for me!
Have fun Bowle's bowls.
ps: I agree the vapor to be on the smooth side if you don't hit it for long or don't draw too hard but a water filtration may be usefull sometimes... it depends the vapor output... and the vaporist!

Mndeadhead

Had a crazy idea for a use for the area above the puck. My high ass was thinking how cool it would be to drill a hole in the cup big enough to plug the usb cable into. Obviously it renders at useless as a drinking cup, but for a minute I found myself daydreaming about how clean my side table would be. I could put everything in the cup! #winning

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
So I put the TB on to charge before bed and woke up to it with all lights off on the puck. Unplugged/replugged in and noticed it was 3 full lights and 1 light flashing, still wasnt fully charged. Odd that it kinda stopped charging and went off. No big deal, it finished up in under 30 minutes. Filled a basket and got ready for the 1st use of the day and after powering on with 3 clicks of the puck, I set my temp to 1 and pressed the fire button once to start session and I got a little noise from the puck. Sounded like someone put their lips to a harmonica and barely blew into it. It was not a loud noise but one I picked up right away. Now it pretty much does it every click of the fire button.

I have recorded a video, I just don't have an account for any services that allow you to upload/host a video to link it here. Any suggestions on how to get a video link here other than signing up for yet another account that I'll hardly ever use?

Top Bottom