Tafée Bowle

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It was only a matter of time before I tried this.

I'll have to double check how many are in there as it's more than you can see in the photo. I just cleaned the stem but when I had originally loaded it, the balls weren't as far up in the stem so I had to make sure they didn't block the ceramic bowl if they fell down between removing bowls. Cleaning was a breeze, I placed it in an ISO bath for a day or two and then ran ran hot tap water through the stem while covering enough of the bowl hole so the balls didn't push out from the water pressure.

There's a little more draw restriction than normal but cooling has increased as well.
:whip: I imagine aluminum would scratch easy from boro balls,maybe even some chips/shavings . I would be careful when getting them in/out and try to immobilize them,so they dont bounce when you hit and carry it around .

Another thought ,has anyone tried to fit a glass cup inside the plastic ? :D Maybe they could make an insert with a some oring adapter, it would provide extra insulation from heat from hot drinks :)).(thermos effect ?!)

ChooChooCharlie

@Abysmal Vapor - this 7-11 travel mug fits great :brow::lol:

Bowle-travel-mug.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My new puck is taking 3 1/2 hours to charge from the flashing lights indicating it’s dead to full 4 solid lights. This is after performing the reset. Is this normal charge time for everyone else?
I haven't heard/seen anyone say it takes nearly that long. Most reports say it takes an hour or just a couple minutes longer. The longest it's taken me is 70 minutes and I may have missed when it finished by a couple minutes. The user manual says an hour.

Time to reach out to customer service.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
My new puck is taking 3 1/2 hours to charge from the flashing lights indicating it’s dead to full 4 solid lights. This is after performing the reset. Is this normal charge time for everyone else?
If you are using the cable and charger that comes with the vape it should charge in just over an hour. Contact support if you need to, they have an amazing customer service, they will take care of you.

SquirrelMaster

:whip: I imagine aluminum would scratch easy from boro balls,maybe even some chips/shavings . I would be careful when getting them in/out and try to immobilize them,so they dont bounce when you hit and carry it around .
The balls are so smooth plus they sit very freely (expansion) so I don't imagine I'll have issues. The worst I needed to do was "roll" some sticky balls out from where the ceramic bowl goes when it was really filthy. If you were shaking the stem around though that might not be a good idea.

I've had that happen and as soon as I unplugged and plugged it back in it flashed 4 lights to tell me it was done. I'm not quite sure why it did it and it was just the once.

Nomad #111

The balls are so smooth plus they sit very freely (expansion) so I don't imagine I'll have issues. The worst I needed to do was "roll" some sticky balls out from where the ceramic bowl goes when it was really filthy. If you were shaking the stem around though that might not be a good idea.

I've had that happen and as soon as I unplugged and plugged it back in it flashed 4 lights to tell me it was done. I'm not quite sure why it did it and it was just the once.
you said balls lol

Mndeadhead

Ya know we spend a lot of times singing the praises of the puck, but can we talk about the grinder? the grinder is seriously helping me win the battle for real estate on my side table. Oh how I have longed for one grinder to store bud, ground material, and abv,I’ve bought a couple in hopes that they would be the be all end all, but they keep failing me. I’m sure there are better grinders out there, but for me, sometimes good enough is good enough. This thing is perfect for an evening at solving all of those wishes. I am slowly winning back my side table.

SquirrelMaster

Ya know we spend a lot of times singing the praises of the puck, but can we talk about the grinder? the grinder is seriously helping me win the battle for real estate on my side table. Oh how I have longed for one grinder to store bud, ground material, and abv,I’ve bought a couple in hopes that they would be the be all end all, but they keep failing me. I’m sure there are better grinders out there, but for me, sometimes good enough is good enough. This thing is perfect for an evening at solving all of those wishes. I am slowly winning back my side table.
I really enjoy the grinder as well. I prefer the aluminum version but I keep them both out for storage of the bowls. Plastic works just fine but it seems to get dirty quicker. I have been finding the aluminum potter gums up a bit when you pack it full of super sticky flower so I need to stay on top of brushing mine out and watch that I don't load too much. My BCG has set the bar high for grinders but it doesn't grind and fill pots that are ready to go when needed like the Potter does which I really appreciate. It's a small detail and just like having a cup attached to the vape instead of separate, it may seem trivial but in use it makes the whole experience much more enjoyable.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I received a Fedex mail asking me to pay for tax and fees.... can I ignore that? What did you do EU Bowle customers?TIA

Some EU manufacturers offer a way to buy without the tax if you are out of Europe, like that customers will not pay twice the tax... MiniVap is offering that option and I remenber the maker of the Venus Vaporizer did it also. It may be nice if the US/north america based manufacturers can offer that option also!

PPN,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

justcametomind

I received a Fedex mail asking me to pay for tax and fees.... can I ignore that? What did you do EU Bowle customers?TIA

Some EU manufacturers offer a way to buy without the tax if you are out of Europe, like that customers will not pay twice the tax... MiniVap is offering that option and I remenber the maker of the Venus Vaporizer did it also. It may be nice if the US/north america based manufacturers can offer that option also!
In my case the parcel got stuck at border customs for almost a week, then they gave it out to FedEx again and I had to pay 70€ to the FedEx driver.
Usually customs officers would have contacted me asking to provide proof of payment to determine the amount of taxes, not this time. I heard there's some sort of a standard fee now?
I don't know what could happen if you don't pay, probably nothing, perhaps they'll write again. You are not supposed to read all and every mail you receive but I'd pay for peace of mind.
If they are asking you a fee that's out of this world, like they did with a UK customer (180£) contact Tafée and they'll arrange some special undisclosed deal with you, that's what they did with that guy.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just received my replacement cup and my replacement puck.
I need to send the old puck back but I think I'm gonna wait next week to do it.
I want to do a direct comparison between the two puck, I want to be sure it was the vape the problem and not me.
Let's see how many session I can get from these two vapes, I also want to see if it will cut off like it did before with the new puck.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Excellent question! When I've been in "How many draws per charge" test mode I didn't use the cup. I'll have to remember to keep tabs during my nightly festivities. Stay tuned....
@Mndeadhead - I tried to perform the "is the battery/heater affected by ice cold drinks" test last night.

Unfortunately I started a little to aggressive and finished off the first pot and the first double vodka/cranberry way too fast and totally lost count. When I went to log the draw the wife starting laughing at me because she noticed I wasn't recording every draw anymore.

I'm not sure I can pull this off :doh:

Vito cleaned the stem properly in his vid

Here's my lazy method. Hot water bath in tupperware tub, dunk baggie of iso with stem and pots. Hot iso works well. Shake and slosh, couple minutes. Lazy dry, by hitting empty at level 4. Got a huff on leftover iso, probably because it's hard to rinse silicone mouthpiece well. The pots came out surprisingly clean, they were a mess before. Yes, I remembered to remove thin red o-rings first

Side note: Never heat iso directly, always warm in sealed container indirectly, like this baggie dunking method. I have witnessed sparks from a faulty microwave magnetron, which would make a bomb with iso fumes

This was just what I needed. Did my 1st cleaning yesterday and it was so easy! I especially appreciate the side note on dunking baggie of iso in tub of warm water. So helpful and my Bowle looks like new! :rockon: Only my mp still smells of roasted herb :brow:

Just adding, another happy Bowle user here :wave:

I've had it for about a week and love it. I haven't had any issues honestly.. the battery lasts me 4-6 fully vaped bowls, which I am cool with. @Shit Snacks is totally right about riding temp 1, the flavor is stellar and clouds are still satisfying. I usually do several long draws at this temp then 2x at temp 2 and 1-2x and temp 4 to finish it off. Usually 1 stir in there somewhere.

Draw sensor works flawlessly for me. I pretty much exclusively use it this way and it always stops within a second of my draw's end.

Between the Bowle and the VapBong, the rest of my collection is collecting dust at the moment.

Glad you're enjoying it! I am amazed at the effect just riding temp 1. Before @Shit Snacks and you re-iterated, I was only on temp 1 for 2-3 draws thinking once the flavor was gone it was time to step up. I was wrong! :brow: I am also using the draw sensor feature now and feel it may preserve the life of the button :\

So I started using the flat mouthpiece and found that it hits a whole lot.easier if it sits raised just.a smidge above top of stem so that makes the hole slightly bigger.

I wanted to try this but found out you can't use the flat mp with the cup on....:doh::rofl:

Well a friend stopped by to deliver some shopping and I let him try the bowle, he was blown away

Cool story! I am not surprised. The more I use it the more I LOVE IT! :love:

This sight and the folks who frequent it went out of their way to help me when I first started vaping and I try to pay it forward. I'm still tapping into the expertise around here...

The good folks here have been truly amazing in their kindness and helpfulness to the newbs of which I am 1 of. Not only that but the general interaction. This is a great bunch of people talking about a great vape! :clap:

While I feel fairly comfortably knowledgeable for my needs, I know when it’s good to keep your mouth shut amd be the dumbest guy in the room!

This is a great strategy. One I sometimes wish I used more often! :lmao:

Taffy may be sweet, but Tafée is sweeter!
Perfect vape for medical patients who don't want to fiddle with a device or technique. They just want relief -- easy, cool and fast

It truly is. If you're reading this thread and this is your goal, just get it. You won't be disappointed!

I really enjoy the grinder as well. I prefer the aluminum version but I keep them both out for storage of the bowls. Plastic works just fine but it seems to get dirty quicker. I have been finding the aluminum potter gums up a bit when you pack it full of super sticky flower so I need to stay on top of brushing mine out and watch that I don't load too much. My BCG has set the bar high for grinders but it doesn't grind and fill pots that are ready to go when needed like the Potter does which I really appreciate. It's a small detail and just like having a cup attached to the vape instead of separate, it may seem trivial but in use it makes the whole experience much more enjoyable.

The metal grinder is such a treasure. I love how solid it is and when I pick it up I don't have to worry about the bottom potholder coming apart as the magnet is heavy duty. Love grinding right into the pots. This is my 1st grinder so the only think I have to compare it to is the plastic potter+. I appreciate the gift of the plastic one I got when I ordered the metal one but I honestly only use it to store my pots. I have to be super careful when picking it up as the potholder section does not stay attached like the metal one does. I have spilled pots twice now because of this.

Sorry for all the quotes, Idk if that's frowned upon. There are just so many great comments and I don't always have time to stay up on it. But yeah, this is a great thread and I am so happy to be on the Tafee train!! :rockon::leaf:

Kaptan

I spoke with Tafée team support regarding my extended charging issue above.
If anyone else encounters the same extended charging time, there are a couple of things to try before contacting support. First, you can try the reset procedure to see if that corrects the problem. If not, another step to try would be to charge the device normally, then after 5 minutes, unplug the cable for 10 seconds from the puck, then reconnect. The reason for this is there are chips that monitor battery life and temperature of the puck. If they detect a situation in which the device is still warm or if the battery has been depleted to power off stage, the charger will engage trickle slow charging. In some cases, it does not revert to quick smart charging so it will trickle charge till full. By disconnecting the charger for 10 seconds and reconnecting, this is suppose to reset and engage smart charging again. In some cases, if the charger has detected too many errors, it’s possible to get stuck in trickle charging mode, in which case a replacement charging brick is necessary.

On another note, I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Tafée customer support is by far the best I’ve ever had the pleasure of dealing with:clap:

lookhigh

FC member

I asked them about that and this is the reply.
Our VAT rate is 21% plus courier handling fee, stamp duty and import charges.
i did query further about the import charges etc. but got no reply.

we need an EU retailer.

Thanks for your message.

We are fully capable of international shipping, and we have sent many parcels to countries within the EU.

Generally speaking, the Tafée Bowle is subject to a standard VAT of 20% upon import into an EU nation.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,

The Tafée Team.

johnnyCanuck

I asked them about that and this is the reply.
Our VAT rate is 21% plus courier handling fee, stamp duty and import charges.
i did query further about the import charges etc. but got no reply.

we need an EU retailer.

Thanks for your message.

We are fully capable of international shipping, and we have sent many parcels to countries within the EU.

Generally speaking, the Tafée Bowle is subject to a standard VAT of 20% upon import into an EU nation.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,

The Tafée Team.
Vapefiend is selling them

johnnyCanuck,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If you export a product from the EU to the US , you will get a VAT return. The VAT is mandatory for all import .So when for example AoV decided to deduct the VAT they will get returned eventually from the price on the units they were sending outside EU,it was a really nice gesture. Many sellers would consider that a loss or part of the profit. Everyone that has a company and VAT registration can get a VAT return so the damage is eaten by the regular consumer.

staircase slight of hand

I wanted to try this but found out you can't use the flat mp with the cup on....:doh::rofl:

I prefer the tall mp, but the flat one works fine for me with the cup. You just have to put your lips on the edge like you were going to take a sip, but inhale instead. It’s kind of strange because the vapor comes out the side rather than the top, but it works.

@jbm and @staircase slight of hand, with the flat mp and the (tall) cup in place the mp sits level with the edge of the cup and it feels like I can't get a good seal with my mouth. Also there is so much air rushing in I run out of breath before getting a full draw. I prefer the tall mp as it sits above the rim of the cup and is just more comfortable for me :)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Still on the fence about this vape. I keep forgetting to check the site with a full/desktop browser. I’d like a new toy and thought I settled on a P80 but the lottery system, my inherent average luck and lack of patience may prohibit me from getting one for a long while. At least I know these ship quickly (I’m in the East Coast) - and customer service reports herein have been outstanding. So have all your reviews - thanks! I still don’t see the need for a cup though. And I need to see more about this special grinder for the pots (they couldn’t have called them crucibles or baskets? Lol). Is it really that good? I have a couple of 4-piece hand grinders. TGIF! :peace:

jbm

And I need to see more about this special grinder for the pots
You don’t have to use it. I mostly use my BCG and scoop into the pot.

I prefer the tall mp as it sits above the rim of the cup and is just more comfortable for me :)
I tried the tall mouthpiece once and each time I went to drink out of the cup I thought I was going to poke myself in the eye.

Top Bottom