Tafée Bowle

Vitolo

Vaporist
Are any of you actually using the potter? I’m not sure if the metal one works better, but I’ve found that just using a normal 3-piece grinder and then filling the bowls normally is way easier than using the plastic potter. I appreciate the idea, but it’s just not working in practice for me.
I do not grind with the potter. I pre-grind, then throw my ground herb in the potter... OR, even more often, I fill them manually.
So, a question about the o-ring on the pots. I can't for the life of me remember to remove them b4 dropping them into ISO. Most of the time I realize immediately b/c it lands upside down and I see it. But, I left at least one in ISO overnight. So far, they haven't shown any sign of degradation (surprisingly for being so tiny), has anybody had one of them deteriorate and break as a result of this yet? Just wondering how long I can expect before I need to replace them for stupidity.
At least you have a couple of spares that came with unit.
After the rings touch Iso, rinse them fast... and blot them dry totally and they will be OK.....
and you will soon begin to remember!

justcametomind

First Tafée UK reseller

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/latest/products/tafee-bowle™-400-ml

322£
:freak:
250 or 400ml.
always better than paying 180£ of custom duties

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
New to the Tafee Bowle club. Only have had about a day with it so far.

+++++'s
Unique modern, design, all the parts fit together well and seem to be solidly built. Haven't utilized the cup part yet though.

Cool vapor, no matter what temp I select. Obviously vapor does get warmer, but even on 4th setting, vapor is remotely what I would call hot/harsh. Big win for small size.

Great extraction ability. I like to get the most from my meds as I can. Generally speaking, with quality flower, you can find some unique flavors up there amongst the otherwise, 'roasted' taste. From flavortown to just about done, the TB runs the gamut.

Seems to work very well with smaller amounts. Need to test more, but the basket or 2 I tried worked great. Curious to see try some 'one hitter' filled baskets on the highest setting.

I think the folks who won't use the cup part, will still be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the puck and stem feel in your hand. I was honestly worried but, it just 'feels right' when in my hand.

Not cons, but these are just some issues that honestly could be user related not device issues. iI am still learning the Bowle:

Battery life for me hasn't been as good as some here. I have had the blue lights a few times come on after few seconds into a rip. Kinda still new, could be my breathing technique.

I tried to do the Reset procedure, but my puck never turns off completely. The directions say the puck will shut off and only be powered on again after 5 simultaneous presses of both buttons. I've charged it twice, maybe it just needs to cycle thru another few times on the charger. Not discouraged at all, still figuring everything out. Irregardless, I would probably purchase a reasonably priced Puck to cycle in rotation so that I always had a fresh battery waiting.

More thoughts once I feel I have refined my knowledge and techniques.

I just found a product called CBD Terposolate Dabs, look like pale lemon colored crystals. Forgive my igonorance, never done anything but flower and oil concentrates but I want to try this. Can something like that be used in the Bowle mixed in with flower?

androponic

vaped.
I just found a product called CBD Terposolate Dabs, look like pale lemon colored crystals. Forgive my igonorance, never done anything but flower and oil concentrates but I want to try this. Can something like that be used in the Bowle mixed in with flower?
i would! temp 4 for concentrates and since the pots hare heated top down and out to the stem the heater stays clean. just may dirty the stem faster but thats easy to clean. grip it and rip it!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
New to the Tafee Bowle club. Only have had about a day with it so far.

+++++'s
Unique modern, design, all the parts fit together well and seem to be solidly built. Haven't utilized the cup part yet though.

Cool vapor, no matter what temp I select. Obviously vapor does get warmer, but even on 4th setting, vapor is remotely what I would call hot/harsh. Big win for small size.

Great extraction ability. I like to get the most from my meds as I can. Generally speaking, with quality flower, you can find some unique flavors up there amongst the otherwise, 'roasted' taste. From flavortown to just about done, the TB runs the gamut.

Seems to work very well with smaller amounts. Need to test more, but the basket or 2 I tried worked great. Curious to see try some 'one hitter' filled baskets on the highest setting.

I think the folks who won't use the cup part, will still be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the puck and stem feel in your hand. I was honestly worried but, it just 'feels right' when in my hand.

Not cons, but these are just some issues that honestly could be user related not device issues. iI am still learning the Bowle:

Battery life for me hasn't been as good as some here. I have had the blue lights a few times come on after few seconds into a rip. Kinda still new, could be my breathing technique.

I tried to do the Reset procedure, but my puck never turns off completely. The directions say the puck will shut off and only be powered on again after 5 simultaneous presses of both buttons. I've charged it twice, maybe it just needs to cycle thru another few times on the charger. Not discouraged at all, still figuring everything out. Irregardless, I would probably purchase a reasonably priced Puck to cycle in rotation so that I always had a fresh battery waiting.

More thoughts once I feel I have refined my knowledge and techniques.

Hey @Silver420Surfer - How've you been? Last I looked I think you had moved to Colorado?

Have you tried just doing step 3 of the reset?
3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yes, don't remember the 1st time I charged it if it flashed all 4, but I verified after my 2nd charge up that 4 lights flashed upon reinserting the cable. It's plugged in now, def gonna be sure it does the flash thing when done. It probably just needs a few charging cycles to condition the battery or whatever it's called.

@His_Highness {All is well, thanks for asking! Based on some of the pics I see you post in the FL cannabis reviews thread, I'd say things are going well in FL lol.
Glad to see Floridians can finally have access to mmj. Still proud of all the work I got to do thru United for Care(and at PUFMM). the signatures gathered, phone calls made, rallies, marches, etc. Bittersweet that I wasn't around for it but the end result is what everyone, and myself, worked for...medical cannabis for Floridians.
Correct, but relocated to PA now.}

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

I tried to do the Reset procedure, but my puck never turns off completely. The directions say the puck will shut off and only be powered on again after 5 simultaneous presses of both buttons. I've charged it twice, maybe it just needs to cycle thru another few times on the charger.

Finally was able to complete the reset procedure. After the 5 simultaneous button presses, all lights went out on the puck. No amount/combination of button pressing resulted in any lights coming on. Then hooked it up to the charging cable, and let it do it's thing. I forgot to time it, but I believe it took over an hour. I did unplug it twice while charging and left it unplugged for a minute each time, then plugged it back in to finish charging. Noticed it was charged completely and then I unplugged/re-plugged it to verify I got the 4 flashing lights. It flashed all four blue lights, two times then nothing.

Assuming I completed an actual reset and proper charging, I set out to see if I could notice any changes.

Prior to doing puck reset;

2 full, loose packed, gently tamped, baskets of Gelato 33 flower, on the finer side of medium grind

Level 1 x 6 draws
Level 2 x 7 draws
Level 3 x 5 draws
Level 4 x 14 draws
------------------------
32 total draws

2 start to finish sessions. I never let the puck auto-timeout/shut off the only real break was setting it down for a sec to take a drink or fresh breath here and there. Abv was a deep dark, dark brown, with a fleck or two lighter brown. No hotpsots in the basket.
Ran the TB till the puck went into auto-shutoff/battery depleted.

After Reset of puck and proper, full charge up;

3 full, loose packed, gently tamped, baskets of Wedding Cake flower, on the finer side of medium grind

Level 1 x 11 draws
Level 2 x 11 draws
Level 3 x 8 draws
Level 4 x 22 draws
-----------------------
52 total draws

3 start to finish sessions. I never let the puck auto-timeout/shut off, the only real break was setting it down for a 3-4 sec to take a drink or fresh breath here and there. Abv was a deep dark, dark brown, with a fleck or two lighter brown. No hotspots in the basket.
Again, I ran the puck until it shut off on its own.

Notes; noticed quite a change in the battery life after the proper reset. I've read some say that the battery goes thru a few charges before finally hitting capacity. Will report back if I notice any changes after the next few sessions/charges. Happy to see an improvement though:tup:.

[Realizing now I should have tested using same strain flower all the way thru. I will switch back to the Gelato 33 to try to keep things as equal as possible for my next rounds :science:]

For any IASIP fans, I feel like this after reading over my post.

007.gif

kiddvudu2

Just a quick update for anybody following along with the draw-sensor issue "dsi" discussion. My new puck is arriving per FedEx text. I've continued to use this one so as to have a solid baseline to compare new puck to (but I'll admit, it's such a pain, that I've reached for the dynavap more than once for a hurry up session). This current puck is quite literally like it needs to be suck-start primed before it'll fire for the first time each session, but once it's hot, it stays running without issue. My average pre-heat draws were above 5 and I'd lean closer to 10 draws before it'd kick on. The last 2 pots though, I cranked the heat to #4, and took some big rips without the pot in and that seemed to cut those pre-heat draws down, the one I just finished was only 3. Anyways, just wanted to follow up on this issue since I'm in the middle of it currently, but hopefully this will be in my rear-view before this week is out.

Peese!

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I’ve had mine Taffe bowl for going on two weeks. I’ve really enjoyed the flavorful cool hits. It is my absolute go to for out of the house.
The one thing that I thought was stupid and gimmicky was the cup. Although I’ve completely changed my mind now. This is definitely the most discrete Vape I’ve ever owned. When I’m walking around or the wife is driving and we are running our errands I can pull this Vape out and start pulling it at any time. I no longer have to worry about someone looking into the car and thinking what the fuck does he have up to his mouth. So in discreteness I give it a 10 out of 10. When I’m out of the house I go nowhere without the cup even if it doesn’t have anything in it.
This vape sure does take a few small bowls a long way. It’s extraction is extremely potent. The hits are so much cooler than others. This is coming from a guy that rarely ever uses a Vape without a water piece. My throat is extremely heat sensitive and I enjoy rips on level four without coughing up a lung.

justcametomind

It’s almost a week since I received the vape. I received the 400ml glass and the plastic potter with 5 pots, not the metal grinder/potter but I was late for the deal by a couple of days and I shouldn’t even have gotten the cup. If anybody is ordering from EU it’s a wise choice not to bother importing from Canada and go with vapefiend instead.
Exchange rate €/£ for the complete set is around 360€, while getting it from the maker is now €370 with custom duties on top of it, since the 299$ deal is now over.
I tried asking Tafée to send it to me with Canada post but it’s not in their interest sending it with snail mail and risk of having it lost, so they used FedEx and everything summed up I paid 20€ more than if I ordered from Vapefiend. Now, there’s a chance of having to pay for custom duties also when ordering from UK, but ime, if something from US or Canada gets shipped to EU with Ups, FedEx or DHL the chance of having to pay for customs is 100%. With national posts I hardly ever paid any custom taxes.
I read the short manual multiple times, the longer online version a couple of times, I read the whole thread while in the making and IIRC there were two ways to operate? One keeping the button pressed and one pressing it shortly to activate the vape?
It seems tome the only way to produce vapor is to keep the big button pressed, lights become green and if I’m inhaling steady enough, the breath sensor makes the vape light to reamain at vaping temperature for a good 10/15/20 seconds. I have pretty big lungs and could reach 30 seconds but the lights turn to blue all the times. Not a big issue since vapor on exhale is pretty much wasted and having shorter draws is the wiser choice to be conservative with medicine.
I still have to dial in and seems to me it’s better to go with small loads, with a full pot I get light hotspots and a darker color on top of the load after the extraction.
The thing that I like the most is the vape being so fast to reach vaping temperature, faster than a Tinymight, without the risk of scorching the load as it can happen with the Tinymight. You can get unpleasant flavor at temp 4 but it’s stated in the manual that’s for concentrates. Otherwise the flavor is on par with the Tinymight or the Evo, with no chance of combusting as a bonus.
I’m not using the cup at the moment but I like the stealthy it can provide if needed.
Battery life may be better but I’m just on my third charge and I’m quite a lightweight, if I’m not suffering from pain too much I tend to limit myself to take just one long draw with any vape and that’s my session. I was already following their guidelines as soon as I became accustomed with on demand vapes.
I hope this vape to gain popularity because it’s all I ever asked from a vape since I tried my first on demand vape.
It only has a cup and a different shape than what you’d have expected.
I’m glad I got it now because I think that with such a stagnant industry, such scarcity of new good medicinal vapes around (apart of artisanal ones), it may be now or never, and a Bowle 2 is not to be taken for granted. I’d love to be wrong.
vapor action GIF

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

It seems tome the only way to produce vapor is to keep the big button pressed, lights become green and if I’m inhaling steady enough, the breath sensor makes the vape light to reamain at vaping temperature for a good 10/15/20 seconds.
I’ve had the same experience. The draw-sensing mode has worked for me maybe 5 times (out of maybe 100 or so draws in the last week). I finally just sent them an email about it, since I figure that for $370 I might as well wind up with a fully functional unit.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@justcametomind / @staircase slight of hand - The sequence where you press the large button, release it, the lights turns green, draw, end draw and light turns from green to blue.....is the only sequence I've ever used.

I couldn't agree more @staircase slight of hand - if your Bowle doesn't work this way ..... time to get with customer service.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I started with the press and hold method and mostly stuck with it since it’s worked (and the performance is phenomenal), but after finally getting the draw-sensing to work for two draws in a row I realized just how nice it would be to have it working properly.

Yeah honestly, I think sensing is so tricky, but I think being able to press the button and not hold it down would be so nice. I think the easiest solution would be, to be able to just press the button a second time to stop the heating... That would mean less work for the sensor, though I guess that does need to be tweaked regardless as well... for consistency

justcametomind

@justcametomind / @staircase slight of hand - The sequence where you press the large button, release it, the lights turns green, draw, end draw and light turns from green to blue.....is the only sequence I've ever used.

I couldn't agree more @staircase slight of hand - if your Bowle doesn't work this way ..... time to get with customer service.
What’s the sequence exactly? I tried to press the large button, stop pressing and start inhaling afterwards, no luck.
I tried also to start inhaling while already pushing the large button but in both cases the green lights turn to blue right after I stop pressing the button. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom