Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
What’s the sequence exactly? I tried to press the large button, stop pressing and start inhaling afterwards, no luck.
I tried also to start inhaling while already pushing the large button but in both cases the green lights turn to blue right after I stop pressing the button. Thanks in advance.
- After turning the unit on and the lights are blinking BLUE....(Note: Number of blinking lights is the temp level)
- Press the large button once and let it go (Note: Click button once and let go - don't hold button)
- The lights should turn GREEN in under a second (Note: Prior to turning green the lights will go steady blue but the blue will go green so quickly you may miss it.)
- When the lights turn GREEN start drawing immediately (Lights should remain green till you stop drawing)
- Once you stop drawing the lights will go back to blinking blue
- Rinse and repeat

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

[edit: oops, missed the previous comment somehow]

The couple time I’ve gotten it to work, it’s been:

1. Press button
2. Light changes from pulsing-blue to solid-blue
3. De-press button
4. Solid blue light turns green
5. Draw
6. Stop drawing and green light returns to pulsing-blue

If I’m trying to do this wrong, someone please correct me.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
[edit: oops, missed the previous comment somehow]

The couple time I’ve gotten it to work, it’s been:

1. Press button
2. Light changes from pulsing-blue to solid-blue
3. De-press button
4. Solid blue light turns green
5. Draw
6. Stop drawing and green light returns to pulsing-blue

If I’m trying to do this wrong, someone please correct me.
I also added an edit to mine after reading yours....I added .... Note: Prior to turning green the lights will go steady blue but the blue will go green so quickly you may miss it.

justcametomind

I did it!
3 times in a row. My mistake was pressing the big button for too long.
This way the breath sensor is effective, green light doesn’t turn blue after a dozen of seconds, as it seemed to do with prolonged pressure. I could take a 40 seconds draw at my first attempt at it. :love:
rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I decided to send them an email about my problems with the vape and the cup.
They told me to try the reset procedure and they want me to to use it for two days, one day with each activation method and see if I can see a pattern emerge from my problems and try different style of vaping to see if it will change something like the way I press and hold the vape or the speed of my inhalation.

They will also send me a new drinkware and they gave me theses instructions to use the cup with hot drinks:

"For future reference, the acrylic drinkware is only ideal for tea's under 80 Degrees Celsius (White tea usually 65 - 75 Celsius, Green tea 75 - 85 Celsius.
Steeping boiling tea or any tea over 80 Celsius will risk cracking the acrylic drinkware."

I was steeping my tea in another cup but I wasn't letting it cool down enough before I would transfer it in the Bowle, so be careful if you don't want to damage your cup when using hot drinks.

The Chemist

Be honest. I would never put a hot beverage in a plastic cup. That’s just me. I know they do it in their video. But something I don’t like about hot tea and plastic cup.
Yeah it's not my favorite cup to use with tea but I was just doing it to get a feel for what it's like to use the Bowle with a drink in it and I got hooked on it.
No more tea in my replacement cup that's for sure, I guess I'll have to wait until they release a new model of cup for my hot drinks.

Texus

Yeah it's not my favorite cup to use with tea but I was just doing it to get a feel for what it's like to use the Bowle with a drink in it and I got hooked on it.
No more tea in my replacement cup that's for sure, I guess I'll have to wait until they release a new model of cup for my hot drinks.
Wouldn't a ceramic cup for hot beverages and glass for cold drinks be lovely?

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've just stumled upon this and all I can think is "How high were the designers of this thing?" :D
After checking that it's not April 1st.
They're even marketing it more like a drinking glass than a vape :D.
I had to find that Vito's video to see what the vape actually is. And still don't understand why would I want my vape to be merged with a drinking glass. Maybe I'm getting old (and I'm not even 30 yet) but I'm fine with having two thing on my table if I'm drinking and vaping :-)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've just stumled upon this and all I can think is "How high were the designers of this thing?" :D
After checking that it's not April 1st.
They're even marketing it more like a drinking glass than a vape :D.
I had to find that Vito's video to see what the vape actually is. And still don't understand why would I want my vape to be merged with a drinking glass. Maybe I'm getting old (and I'm not even 30 yet) but I'm fine with having two thing on my table if I'm drinking and vaping :-)

I'd suggest reading through the thread, it's not that someone realized drinking glass and vaporizer should be combined, it's that the vaporizer design yielded itself to becoming a drinking glass... First and foremost this is a fantastic vaporizer.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It is a fantastic portable vape...and for many of us who didn't get the drinking cup...most of us get it now. :nod:

I use the damn cup every night. Fill it and take a nice sip of cold water after every delicious inhale...works for me.

And yes, I did give in to all you FC'ers who went on and on about how great this vape is and got one myself.

On top of this being a great vape, so far the customer service has been outstanding. Really fine people with a great vape. I expect

a lot of good things to come from this company.:tup:

EddIW

The ceramic pots that come with the bowle fit the flowerpot shovel head bowl very nicely, remove the o-ring first though. Makes micro dosing with the flowerpot much easier as there's less screen to cover in the pots. As for the bowle, think im also experiencing some of the sensor troubles, hits seem much more consistent when I hold the fire button down while drawing. Heat-up time is fantastic and so is the extraction, battery life though of course leaves much to be desired but the bowle is a beast.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Wouldn't a ceramic cup for hot beverages and glass for cold drinks be lovely?
Tervis tumblers do both very well, hot and cold. Sold in retail and online. I have them, but not the Tafee Bowle. I can appreciate the beverage component and accompaniment but your should not use boiling water in plastic cups unless they’re rated for it. As for a vape I’m reading every word and seeing what all the fuss is about. It sounds great yet I’m wary of the draw sensor tech and how that will hold up long term. Interestingly some have mentioned taking this out and about and it doesn’t strike me as portable which I gravitate towards. Still on the fence about the Bowle. Customer service sounds top notch however. I’ll keep reading... :peace:

johnnyCanuck

Tervis tumblers do both very well, hot and cold. Sold in retail and online. I have them, but not the Tafee Bowle. I can appreciate the beverage component and accompaniment but your should not use boiling water in plastic cups unless they’re rated for it. As for a vape I’m reading every word and seeing what all the fuss is about. It sounds great yet I’m wary of the draw sensor tech and how that will hold up long term. Interestingly some have mentioned taking this out and about and it doesn’t strike me as portable which I gravitate towards. Still on the fence about the Bowle. Customer service sounds top notch however. I’ll keep reading... :peace:
If I have my backpack with me, I leave the cup at home and take the rest with me. Footprint isn’t that big at all.
If not, FW7 takes its place.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Last time I checked that thread there was 20 pages less and it was a week ago I believe... don't have the time to read everything... is it only 20 pages of amazed customers feedback or is there some issues? Mine is still going strong, yesterday I vaped a bowl at level1 only with the perfect lightning, can't remenber the n° of hits but enough to deplete my battery from a full charge, that never ending bowl was filled with a blend of GG/GDC, both so resinous none of my grinders can grind that blend without to finish caked by resin!

The Bowle is a true step forward in the vaporization game, the easiness (?) of use is outstanding, just say pull strong and everybody can achieve lung busters. It's the faster vape to medicate with the GrassHopper. I frequently wake up during the night (in fact every night, every 2h30-3h00 of sleep) and I need a few hits of good flowers pushed away by a few Hercule hits (concentrate device) or a small dab to feel good enough to go back to the bed. It's not insomnia, I just need to move, it's better for my back and I like to eat a fruit in the maintime, I always go back into sleeping very well... I don't know why I told you all that about me but that's the Bowle's fault:lol:

Is third party guys aren't yet coming with dedicaced bubblers or others Bowle's accessories?

justcametomind

Last time I checked that thread there was 20 pages less and it was a week ago I believe... don't have the time to read everything... is it only 20 pages of amazed customers feedback or is there some issues?
Most notable posts were (imho):
-Vitolo disassembling the stem and cleaning it on video, easy enough with the proper screwdriver,
-a few other FCers like stickstones, Troy, vapefiend talking about it on video, Tafée liked the exposure, sent out free unit and an FCer reported back of the gift,
-people acquiring Bowle direct and asking if the deal for the whole kit for 299 was still in place or not (it's now over for good), or how it worked,
-long debates and test over battery
-Tafée surrendered to FCers habits and now considers a "session" the act of extracting a whole bowl, not the single draw for it and apologized for that since it led to misunderstandings on battery capacity,
-on page 47 I asked for the umpteenth time how to draw from the unit in order to engage the the breathing sensor, and got answer(first 2 posts on top of this page):

- After turning the unit on and the lights are blinking BLUE....(Note: Number of blinking lights is the temp level)
- Press the large button once and let it go (Note: Click button once and let go - don't hold button)
- The lights should turn GREEN in under a second (Note: Prior to turning green the lights will go steady blue but the blue will go green so quickly you may miss it.)
- When the lights turn GREEN start drawing immediately (Lights should remain green till you stop drawing)
- Once you stop drawing the lights will go back to blinking blue
- Rinse and repeat
Now it works everytime for me. :love:
-someone asked for replacements since their unit were misbehaving and now have 2 pucks :razz:
-vapefiend.co.uk is now the only known of reseller of the vape (at least this side of the ocean) and the price is 322£ for the complete set. To the change it was 363€ last time I checked. Not so bad at it seemed if you don't get hit by custom duties since Brexit,
-complete set is now the only option at tafee.com and the price is 369$, metal grinder is not included anymore.
Is third party guys aren't yet coming with dedicaced bubblers or others Bowle's accessories?
No, but after getting my unit I realized what everybody was saying, this is quite the vape which doesn't need water pieces since the vapor is already so cool.
Still waiting for accessories to be sold on tafee shop or at vapefiend's. I'd probably get a shorter stem to try it out.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Good news on the "dsi" struggle! New puck arrived yesterday morning (they included a short stem, flat mp, short cup, and charging cable/brick - so cool!). After charging/cleaning I did 2 draws on heat setting 1 with an empty pot (nice and slow) without issue! Then I did:

Sessions:
1) 5 total draws on 1heat & 2heat (short stem) - 4 batt lights
2) 3 draws on 2heat (long stem) - 3 batt lights
3) 4 draws on 2heat (short stem) - 3 batt lights
4) 3 draws on 2heat (short stem) - 2 batt lights

ZERO "dsi" - Very optimistic so far! New puck is 100% at 15 draws in!!! I've been taking only slow draws, and now I can really appreciate the coolness and flavor of this device since I'm not having to take such fast draws where the flavor gets lost and the volume of air rushing down my throat causes dryness and irritation. Very very happy now!!

Peese!

EDIT: forgot to mention that all of those draws were using the click-release method, so totally relying on the draw-sensing technology. It is now blatantly obvious that there is something definitely wrong with my original puck.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just realized that my acrylic cup is full of cracks!

My first acrylic cup got lots of cracks from my abusive travel methods. After that, hot water made it worse. So...if there were times it took some hits or tumbled around in a bag, that might have contributed to it.

I now have a new acrylic cup I'm going hard in with hot tea to find out. We'll see how ling it hold up!

Tervis tumblers

Brilliant! I want one!

The Chemist

My first acrylic cup got lots of cracks from my abusive travel methods. After that, hot water made it worse. So...if there were times it took some hits or tumbled around in a bag, that might have contributed to it.

I now have a new acrylic cup I'm going hard in with hot tea to find out. We'll see how ling it hold up!

Brilliant! I want one!
In my case I'm sure it's only the heat that killed the cup. In the beginnings I was steeping the tea in another cup for 5 min and letting cool down for another 5 min before transferring the tea to the Bowle. Over time I got impatient and would do the transfer right after the steeping and I think that was my mistake.
The customer service from Tafée told me that the cup should not be used with hot liquids over 80 degree Celsius or it will crack.

Top Bottom