Tafée Bowle

justcametomind

a member here opend me my eyes.
it cannot be that i have to resell the device at a loss. it does not deliver the specified 240 degrees which then represents a defect.
i wanted to take the path of least resistance and not cause make any problems. but thats false.
I wrote to the seller again today (they didn't answer me on Friday) and explained again that I would like the money back or a new one.
I will update here whether @verdampftnochmal from germany answers at all and what comes out. otherwise i'll take other steps and buy a temperature sensor to check if i'm right. but i have to be right, or my first device will be have more than 240 degrees;). but then comes combustion ;)
I am a medical user and i only get the effects i want with high temperatures.
So i think i dont get a 2nd bowle, because i dont like playing roulette

Edit:
And I think that some others do not even notice such a defect, since most of them only have 1 device

Edit2:
someone once said that there are always differences from device to device, especially with on demand devices.
but then they should write 230-240 or 220-240 degress in the product description so that they have leeway. but so it is a delusion

Edit 3:
i am knowning that i dont make me friends here whit this i am wrote, but thats the truth ;)
I for one look for warning messages like yours, more than VAS fueling ones.
If I had read similar experiences I could have been warned.
I liked a lot my Bowle at first but under the surface there are a couple design flaws that should have been addressed imho. The sensors leaning on the heater screen is one, the fact it is uneasy to change that screen and clean that area is another. Imho being unable to clean easily that area means poor design. Means that you are supposed to take a hit here and there but this is not designed for extended or heavy use.The fact it couldn’t withstand a single drop from my kitchen table is another (after one hit my unit started to hotspot).
Overall this is genius design with a couple flaws, that (imho) make it a fragile unit, not worth the pain of importing it from Canada if you don’t reside there or in the US, not worth the same admission price of a Volcano.
Still a nice vape, but please, don’t make it fall!
Edit: if you are clumsy as I am, have dropped your mighty a million times from your bed without a scratch, this is not half as sturdy. Literally a glass vape.
I saw a few similarities with Grassoppher, except CS, with my usage experience. I hope to be proven wrong and having to buy it again.

Last edited:

Michel

personally i think my son won't know when i vape with this!
I have kids, too. Trust me, they know everything. Either there’s a lack of interest and they act like they don’t care or there’s a lack of vocabulary and they can’t express themselves.

Even if you hide the vape itself, they will realize the smell (and I vaped in the office or basement, not directly around them!).

And when you start to vape outside they’ll ask you about your eyes. It has been some years when my oldest child started to realize different colors of eyes: Mummy has brown eyes, granny has blue eyes, granddaddy has brown eyes like brothers and sisters, too, and daddy, well.... daddy has red eyes! 👀
I swear those were her words. Hearing this from a 4 year old child made me rethink about discretion...

edit: about the age of 6 my oldest child could smell it from my mouth when I vaped before hugging them.

I owned a volcano for several years and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t survive a fall from the kitchen table. Otherwise I’m totally with you even if I like my Bowle. Imo there are some more „design flaws“ -like the plastic cup it comes with- but overall it produces the best tasting vapor along with my TC MV which sadly isn’t available anymore.

Last edited:

Texus

Plastic cup I see as more of a design decision rather than a flaw. While I prefer to drink out of glass, the plastic here isn't too objectionable and I can see a number of users prefering its light weight and greater durability.

Excited to see some of the accessories rolling out like the snap-on handle (@stickstones showed off a prototype on one of his streams/videos) and a cup made of different materials.

And again, I don't expect much with electronics in it to survive from the height of a kitchen table. My supposedly rugged LG phone certainly did not survive a fall from even top of toilet tank.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And again, I don't expect much with electronics in it to survive from the height of a kitchen table. My supposedly rugged LG phone certainly did not survive a fall from even top of toilet tank.

Yeah honestly I don't really expect any of my vapes to handle a rough drop on hard surfaces... If they do that's fantastic, and just pure luck really, could fall a different way and damage something, you really never know with a drop... So yeah to me that is far from a design flaw in the Bowle, just because someone's happened to "break" from a drop on hard surface from decent height... :2c:

west-elec

Speaking of spousal acceptance. My wife doesn't often indulge mainly because her tiny lungs aren't well suited to most vapes, especially my convection beasts. That style of vaping isn't for many and she would struggle to get a good experience. However, if I prime the Bowle with a quick pull, just till the pot is warm, she can easily get good hits even with really short pulls. Both form (socially acceptable appearance to non vapers) and function (easy to get good results with no experience) make this a device that will help greatly on the road to normalization. That is what makes the release of this vape a water shed moment in vaporizer advancement. I think we may have turned a corner here...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I for one look for warning messages like yours, more than VAS fueling ones.
If I had read similar experiences I could have been warned.
I liked a lot my Bowle at first but under the surface there are a couple design flaws that should have been addressed imho. The sensors leaning on the heater screen is one, the fact it is uneasy to change that screen and clean that area is another. Imho being unable to clean easily that area means poor design. Means that you are supposed to take a hit here and there but this is not designed for extended or heavy use.The fact it couldn’t withstand a single drop from my kitchen table is another (after one hit my unit started to hotspot).
Overall this is genius design with a couple flaws, that (imho) make it a fragile unit, not worth the pain of importing it from Canada if you don’t reside there or in the US, not worth the same admission price of a Volcano.
Edit: if you are clumsy as I am, have dropped your mighty a million times from your bed without a scratch, this is not half as sturdy. Literally a glass vape.
I saw a few similarities with Grassoppher, except CS, with my usage experience. I hope to be proven wrong and having to buy it again.

You broke your Vapbong, Tinymight, stripped the screw in the Bowle stem and then broke the Bowle too. I think I understand why you asked if the pots could take the fall from a kitchen table. Thank goodness the cup isn't glass. :lol:

You remind me of my brother. My parents used to say he has magic hands and could walk by something and it would break. The only vape in my collection that could withstand my brother's magic was my Solo. The Solo glass stems on the other hand never had a chance.

With all that breakage you got a bunch of good vape karma built up. I hope it kicks in hard and soon!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So...I got it finally! Well, I got it on Sunday and had lots of time playing with it.
I don't recall even being able to use only 1 vaporizer all day without having to go to my desktop unit, but today, these portables can deliver !!!

I guess we can call it my review for the Tafee Bowle.
Let me start by saying, this is a very special vaporizer and if you are can afford it, you should consider buying the Bowle.

Starting for the packaging, I really like it and it actually make sense to carry the Bowle inside this "Whiskey" box.
You can put it in your backpack or you briefcase quite easily, it is big but it like carrying an expensive bottle.
I do think the Bowle is extremely stealth, even in airports and you can classify it as an electric cup which would make sense.
The device itself feels much better than I expected, it has weight and I feel safe using it, not having to worry it will fall.
Everything about the design is nice and simple.
The plastic cup seems fine, I wonder if having it outside in the sun all day can cause issues.
The plastic cup came with a small black mark, its not a big deal but it is disappointing. I would have loved to add another cup in the box for this price but its fine honestly.
Regarding the potter, I would go into details later on.

So, I recorded a video to my friend and it was fortunately the first time I used the Bowle. I used it without the cup.
The first hit on temp 3 was empty, I tried the click and hold and it didn't work so I looked again at the manual and took a hit.

OMG, as I was taking the hit, I felt coolness in my throat, something I don't recall feeling for a long time.
I exhaled and said: "Wow. wow.wow.wow. TinyMight - **** OFF! "
That was the best dry hit I'd ever taken IMO, so good and tasty.
The 2nd hit was thick but not as tasty and harsher, felt more like using other vapes.
I haven't being able to reproduce another hit like the first one since then haha, so I guess this is something I will remember for a while :)

Using the Bowle in the cup does not feel as comfortable to inhale when you can't cover the whole mouthpiece with your mouth, but you get used to it.
Evenso, I would like to get a different mouthpiece with a crub or a 90degress angle at the tip of the stem so it would be easier to inhale.
Aside from that, it is simply, brilliant! having a cold drink really takes it to another level, after taking a hit you don't miss a sip, and with this sip you can avoid coughing, and that is gold. It is different from water cooling and I will have to try more and more before reaching a conclusion but as far as experience, this vape is just incredible.

I went to the studio to work on my new songs and I took the Bowle, it is interesting as I was debating if its a better fit or the TinyMight, and I think the Bowle was the right choice because I do need to drink and Bowle is a portable to be used in "stationary places". I would not take it to a bonfire in the desert like I would take the TinyMight or to a walk in the park, but to a friend or a studio or any meal it fits right in.

I have only used temp 3 and temp 4 once with herb+crumble inside, and I can say that ABV looks even, I guess this is why its so smooth, I think I over pack too much on TM which causes black marks, but I'm not sure it will happen here too.
When I tried temp 4 with the crumble I felt safer from combustion and enjoyed the hits very much, I am tempted to use keep doing so using the Bowle, but you can see some oil on the bottom of the stem. How can we clean it? I'm not sure we can soak it in ISO and not lose the color?

With all the enjoyments, it doesn't mean it does not have problems, I think the fire button is too sensitive? there are times, usually in the first hit I take that when I still clicking the LED turns blue again, I think it possible I lost a slight grip on the button but I never stopped holding. If I focus on my holding it will stay green.
Does it happen to others? can't it be fixed with a F/W update ?
Another issue I find is with the potter.
The potter is a cool idea but I usually not the guy who premakes 4 bowls, it is a cool idea but you can overflow and make a mess if you put too much pot. You'll have to be careful not to lose the herb that is left inside.
But the biggest issue with the potter and why I wanted to mention it, is that the parts don't "connect", there is no rail so it can't be "sealed" - that results with me already losing on pot because I tried to pick it up and the bottom part just fell on the floor and I still can't find it :( its gone.
I wish the potter was better built? perhaps the metal one is better? I hope I can trade it...
I will have to buy a single pot, hopefully its available.
The last issue I only just realized is how am I suppose to use it with a coffee or any other non transparent drink? you can't see the LED! , I mean, if the fire button wasn't so sensitive then I would be OK, but since it is not, I cannot know if I'm taking a proper hit or not.
I did not try the click and release method, TBH, I would have preferred that the default it click and hold, but that's just nitpicking.

I cannot end this review in a negative vibe, because this is a very positive review on an amazing vaporizer with few issues that holds it from being a true masterpiece. Yep I said it, this is a masterpiece in potential.

Kudos!!!!!!!

NimChimpsky

Hot take but I really like the cup and prefer that it's not glass because I am super clumsy. I use the cup about 50% of the time, almost always with water or gingerale. I can honestly understand why someone would have no desire to use the cup, but it makes me laugh how many folks I've seen that I would characterize as seeming 'offended' by it :rofl:

GraniteState420

Hot take but I really like the cup and prefer that it's not glass because I am super clumsy. I use the cup about 50% of the time, almost always with water or gingerale. I can honestly understand why someone would have no desire to use the cup, but it makes me laugh how many folks I've seen that I would characterize as seeming 'offended' by it :rofl:
Don't add any Jim Beam to that ginger ale.....void the warranty I read.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Don't add any Jim Beam to that ginger ale.....void the warranty I read.
Doesn't say anything about that in the warranty section in the manual (or anywhere else in the manual). That said, it specifically says the warranty doesn't cover "accessories or device parts exposed to normal use, such as the Mouthpiece, Drinkware, Stem, ..."

Edit: just received my Bowle and it's charging now. Cleaned the cup with soap/water to start, but wasn't sure if I should clean the rest prior to use (I usually do with all vapes, but the stem seems involved enough to clean, with some dry time, and if I don't bother to clean the stem then why bother with the rest?)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Haven’t used my Bowle for a little while, I’ve really needed to micro dose the last bit and for small loads my tinymight always seemed to have a little more horsepower for that, but I just had a Epiphany while I was wishing to myself for half pots, when I realized that the pots aren’t tapered and I can probably put the screens wherever I want! And sure enough it works perfectly so I’m celebrating my discovery with a micro dose in my Bowle. Never stop experimenting cause you never know when you will find something that really works for you 😜227E23B7-18A9-4D42-8611-F0E5C2CE49C7.jpeg

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

Haven’t used my Bowle for a little while, I’ve really needed to micro dose the last bit and for small loads my tinymight always seemed to have a little more horsepower for that, but I just had a Epiphany while I was wishing to myself for half pots, when I realized that the pots aren’t tapered and I can probably put the screens wherever I want! And sure enough it works perfectly so I’m celebrating my discovery with a micro dose in my Bowle. Never stop experimenting cause you never know when you will find something that really works for you 😜View attachment 6468
i did the same with my 2nd bowle i shipped back to the vendor because it wasnt so hot like my first.
i did it to test if then the ABV gets darker because more near to the heater.. but the ABV was the same at my test

Texus

Haven’t used my Bowle for a little while, I’ve really needed to micro dose the last bit and for small loads my tinymight always seemed to have a little more horsepower for that, but I just had a Epiphany while I was wishing to myself for half pots, when I realized that the pots aren’t tapered and I can probably put the screens wherever I want! And sure enough it works perfectly so I’m celebrating my discovery with a micro dose in my Bowle. Never stop experimenting cause you never know when you will find something that really works for you 😜View attachment 6468
Very cool.

Tho for less experienced folks who try this, be sure that the flower is not high enough to touch the heater screen in the base. But in general, finding a way to get the flower closer to the heater should have a beneficial effect as long as it doesn't lead to combustion. Other tip for microdosers in general is to make sure that the small amount of herb doesn't mean there are air pathways that allow the heated air to go around rather than thru the flower (more of a concern when tiny nugs rather than ground flower are used).

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just tried out my Tafee for the first time ... first hit was at level 2 ... and got a pretty decent cloud, but then upped it to 3. At level 3 created a huge cloud and the bowl was cached after that (dark brown ABV).

Had 2 more "bowles" after that, 1 full one and one small one, and finished the full one in 2 massive hits at level 3, and the smaller one in one massive hit at level 3. Going to play around with lower temps after as well, but this thing can definitely kill a bowl in 1-2 hits with a nice dark ABV. Really well designed cooling stem as well ... you can tell they spent the time on engineering the heat sinks properly so it's really nice, cool, tasty vapor.

Plugged it in to charge after those 3 (2.5) bowls, and was only down 1 dot. (so still had a 75% charge based on device battery status)

Texus

I just tried out my Tafee for the first time ... first hit was at level 2 ... and got a pretty decent cloud, but then upped it to 3. At level 3 created a huge cloud and the bowl was cached after that (dark brown ABV).

Had 2 more "bowles" after that, 1 full one and one small one, and finished the full one in 2 massive hits at level 3, and the smaller one in one massive hit at level 3. Going to play around with lower temps after as well, but this thing can definitely kill a bowl in 1-2 hits with a nice dark ABV. Really well designed cooling stem as well ... you can tell they spent the time on engineering the heat sinks properly so it's really nice, cool, tasty vapor.

Plugged it in to charge after those 3 (2.5) bowls, and was only down 1 dot. (so still had a 75% charge based on device battery status)
Good stuff. I was also surprised by the clouds I could get with Level 1 and 2. Recently I've been going with @Shit Snacks approach of cramming a small nug in there (making sure there were no gaps that could allow air to go around. For those hits, the lower 2 levels aren't quite as effective. But for ground bud, I was quite surprised by the quality of hits at that level. In general, with ground bud I just step my way up from 1 to 4.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good stuff. I was also surprised by the clouds I could get with Level 1 and 2. Recently I've been going with @Shit Snacks approach of cramming a small nug in there (making sure there were no gaps that could allow air to go around. For those hits, the lower 2 levels aren't quite as effective. But for ground bud, I was quite surprised by the quality of hits at that level. In general, with ground bud I just step my way up from 1 to 4.

Yes I said in the past, I am milking level one with my normal routine, medium ground from BCG with pot 3/4 full of fruity fresh buds... I also sometimes do quick hitters only a quarter full usually more fine ground tamp down starting at level three or four just 1-3 hits... Plus the whole nug routine of course, makes for a lot of Bowle versatility!

cliffhanger1

I remember that a few days ago there was speculation about the temperature of the 4 differnt levels from the bowle and that Tafee will probably want to keep it to yourself at first or something like that.
Here are the temperatures that I found at the German dealer, where he wrotes on his page to have measured them with a temperature sensor:

Level 1: ~ 185 ° C / 365 ° F
Level 2: ~ 202 ° C / 395 ° F
Level 3: ~ 221 ° C / 430 ° F
Level 4: ~ 240 ° C / 465 ° F

Thanks for that to the german shop

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Been lurking this thread for a couple weeks now, figured I'd chime in with my experience so far.

I've had my Bowle for about a week now, went with the large 400ml version. I think I went through the same cycle as everyone here with initially seeing the design, laughing about it, and then coming to understand & want the Bowle.

First off- I love how quick the heater is. I primarily vape at my desk while gaming, and I love that I can quickly take a hit when I'm between rounds and don't have to worry about running out of time. The heat up is near instant for great vapor. I was also pleasantly surprised at just how cool the vapor is, and how well this stem works. You wouldn't guess from looking at it that this thing seriously cools down the vapor for a super comfortable hit.

So far, the complaints/cons that I have noticed are very minimal. As everyone has mentioned, battery life could and should definitely be improved for V2. I've also found the Bowle far more comfortable to hold/use without the cup on it, and while I still enjoy using the cup, would love to see Tafee try out a more ergonomic design in the future.

While I overall really enjoy the Bowle, the one thing that worries me is how finnicky that heater screen is, and how easy it can be knocked out of place and seriously impact the performance. Eventually, I'm going to have to clean that gasket, and it seems like a design flaw that the screen is so particular. I'm still within the return window, and that heater screen alone has me considering returning it and waiting for the V2.

Top Bottom