Tafée Bowle

cliffhanger1

Yes, the screen is friction fit in ceramic pot, it rests on tiny lip/shelf

Mighty ist auf der rechten Seite, und ist grosser als Bowle
Bowle-and-Mighty-screens.jpg

I like how you intended to type Bowle, but it translated to English "punch"
yes you are true, it was an mistake, something i am writing with my words some i sometimes translate with translator :lol:

thank you for the picture. i pre ordered today a Tafee Bowle, paid it directly and maybe it can be shiped out on monday .. juppi :)

Edit:
if i see it right the diameter of the screen from the Bowle is 13 mm.. that are difficult to find replacement screens i think, from Tafee i cant finde too :\

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

any tips for a new user here? I ordered mine from POTV the smaller cup. Arriving tomorrow! Can’t wait!

Please tell me that the charger has 100-240V output... I don't want to need a stepdown to charge it, that caught me off guard, but I'm hopeful that it will be a 100-240V input since its a QC 3.0 charger.

Also, damn, my package is already shipped! job well done PotV!
Will take longer than for most of you since I'm so far away, but hell yeah!
I ordered mine two days ago, should arrive here tomorrow

ChooChooCharlie

yes you are true, it was an mistake, something i am writing with my words some i sometimes translate with translator :lol:

thank you for the picture. i pre ordered today a Tafee Bowle, paid it directly and maybe it can be shiped out on monday .. juppi :)

Edit:
if i see it right the diameter of the screen from the Bowle is 13 mm.. that are difficult to find replacement screens i think, from Tafee i cant finde too :\

Schere

Djsleepy

Edit:
I used a 15 mm screen , the screen they use is soft and shreds easily and mine was so bad it would not stay. Ive done over 300 pots easy with that screen i put in and no issue.or.change in performance!

Plus messing around near.the heat.sensor is never easy or fun but my.screen went in with ease.

androponic

vaped.
I used a 15 mm screen , the screen they use is soft and shreds easily and mine was so bad it would not stay. Ive done over 300 pots easy with that screen i put in and no issue.or.change in performance!

Plus messing around near.the heat.sensor is never easy or fun but my.screen went in with ease.
which screen are you saying you replaced, the pots or the one inside the puck’s mouth piece slot?

androponic,
Reactions: EddIW

MinnBobber

I've contacted Delta 3D Studios. I believe a person could fabricate a stem sleeve that fits over the stem (w/o mouthpiece) and allows for connection to a tube/gong adaptor for water works. Might work.

I connect my Bowle to hydratube with one of my miscellaneous @Delta3DStudios silicone adapters. The only downside is the stem curvature means you have to squeeze the adapter.

He is aware of the need but too busy with orders and the mail ban future to do one right now.
In due time it will be super easy....just a slight change to fit the curve and 14/18 mm tip.

But for now, my Delta3D mod gets it done 😀

Attachments

• 96AB5211-D42F-4097-A735-A8D86609DF06.jpeg
    96AB5211-D42F-4097-A735-A8D86609DF06.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 764

Sn4Pz

When clicked, do both of your guys' buttons sound the same? My top button has a deeper click and the top half of the circle sometimes sticks and will need to be manually "unclicked"

Wondering how par for the course this is :hmm:

Also um... when is spare drinkware going on sale again? I may, or may not have forgotten their cleaning instructions for a soft towel. I used the rough side of a sponge because its just what I reach for normally.... Now I've got lots of very tiny scratches :/ Sigh.

Texus

The flat mouthpiece should already be installed in the stem, long one is separate.
Ahhhh, I'll need to take a closer look. Thought it was a plug for the stem at first glance...

Also um... when is spare drinkware going on sale again? I may, or may not have forgotten their cleaning instructions for a soft towel. I used the rough side of a sponge because its just what I reach for normally.... Now I've got lots of very tiny scratches :/ Sigh.
Don't know that I've seen anything about the dates for those being available other than "it might be a bit" sort of comments.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When clicked, do both of your guys' buttons sound the same? My top button has a deeper click and the top half of the circle sometimes sticks and will need to be manually "unclicked"

Wondering how par for the course this is :hmm:

Hmm so your button really should not be sticking at all, unless it is sticky with herbs!

Sn4Pz

Hmm so your button really should not be sticking at all, unless it is sticky with herbs!
I'd say one in every 20 clicks is a "sticky" click, but I've kept the puck in flawless shape sooo...

Aside from that it vapes fine. Maybe they can let me know how to remove it and replace it? Not sure if the body needs to be disassembled to do so.

e: it seems to charge sort of slowly, but nothing crazy. Still plenty fast.

androponic

vaped.
I'd say one in every 20 clicks is a "sticky" click, but I've kept the puck in flawless shape sooo...

Aside from that it vapes fine. Maybe they can let me know how to remove it and replace it? Not sure if the body needs to be disassembled to do so.

e: it seems to charge sort of slowly, but nothing crazy. Still plenty fast.
try the battery reset procedure, the bowle can get stuck in trickle charge mode and need a quick reset to get free. also dont use any other charger or cable to prevent this from happening. supposedly it can get into this mode by accident too.

MinnBobber

Ahhhh, I'll need to take a closer look. Thought it was a plug for the stem at first glance...

Me too, that shorty mouthpiece does look like a dust plug.... I thought for a few days that shorty was missing.
That shorty MP, IMO, makes a better dust plug than a mouthpiece....👄
Does anyone use/like that shorty?
How the hell do you grip it??? 🧋

johnnyCanuck

Me too, that shorty mouthpiece does look like a dust plug.... I thought for a few days that shorty was missing.
I prefer the short stem. Takes a little getting used to it though.

Sn4Pz

I love the shorty haha. Long one is too big and cumbersome. But whats really cumbersome is how they expect you to hold this cup. Either my thumb or index finger is going to be touching the hottest part of the vape if im holding it with one hand like a normal human :hmm:

I would actually pay big money for a stem that has two 90 degree angles in it so I can comfortably hold the vape and sip vapor. I think an alternative would be a cooling stem with extra insulating air gaps/material built in 🤔

The bend could be located at the same space on both the tall and short cups allowing for ease of manufacturing as well.... 👀

Ala my poor paint skills:

60f117ea58b393699866935fbcb0041ec34d9e12.png

(Just imagine there's curvature, couldnt be bothered to make it look all bendy and neat)

try the battery reset procedure, the bowle can get stuck in trickle charge mode and need a quick reset to get free. also dont use any other charger or cable to prevent this from happening. supposedly it can get into this mode by accident too.
I did that twice, it charges adequately.... I hope there are battery mods for this device in the future.

Sn4Pz

From that one video of the unit opened up, it really does look like battery replacements/upgrades shouldn’t be out of the question. Anyone familiar with this particular form-factor for batteries? I can work with the current 750mah, but if higher capacity is feasible it seems like a really obvious upgrade path to pursue.

I think that 3d printing a plastic / petg base that allows a qi coil and circuitry to reside within it before either

a) Ending in a USB cable that is simply attached to the cup at all times
b) Adding those wires to the inside of the device as though it were simply plugging itself into the usb header, this way theres no danglies or things to block the cup...

Is a good idea for a cheap upgrade.

Let me know what you find out please :)

For now I'm sticking with a battery bank ._.

E: ah wait the intake is on the bottom... hmmm...

Last edited:
Sn4Pz,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I received my device this afternoon and I couldn’t be more excited. How long did your devices take to fully charge when you first got the device and plugged it in? I’m going on 2.5 Hours and the 4th light is pulsing. Still not full but almost there... 🚀

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I received my device this afternoon and I couldn’t be more excited. How long did your devices take to fully charge when you first got the device and plugged it in? I’m going on 2.5 Hours and the 4th light is pulsing. Still not full but almost there... 🚀
I've never had the charge take more than 1 hour 10 minutes.

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Are you using the included AC adapter and USB cord to charge? It should not take that long...

Top Bottom