Tafée Bowle

Just had a Bowle, here’s my AVB. Loaded .1g with a light tamp. No stir. 2 hits @ level 2, 2 hits @ level 3, 1 hit @ level 4 to finish it off. Wasn’t even worth taking that last hit at 4. Barely any vapor and bad taste.

CA6-E162-C-34-DD-46-FA-9-F0-C-7-E76-EA66-CCEF.jpg

BubbleDrop

I received the Bowle 2 weeks ago. After testing so many vaporizers I was surprised that the vapor was different from the other ones I own, it even seemed one step ahead from the rest. Now, it still feels different from the other ones, in a positive manner.

The design is terrific, and I really enjoy the super fast heating.

Also I'm getting 4 pots with each charge, that sounds like the average you guys are getting.

RobbIt

I put the mouthpieces in hot soapy tap water until the water cooled. The soap I used was Palmolive dish soap. I then used a toothpick with the point removed to rub and rinse the inside with warm tap water to loosen anything sticking. Let them soak in the soapy water again (can't remember how long but I don't think it was more than an hour) I didn't smell anything after I rinsed and dried them.

Last resort.....On other vapes with really bad smells with silicone I've used 'a brief' ISO soak followed by a hot water rinse without issue but I don't like the idea of using ISO on silicone for more than a few minutes because there have been reports of silicone deteriorating.
Thanks His_Highness. I agree with your ISO/silicone comment. I’m planning on purchasing a Bowle if discounts are available on 4/20.

I ordered an IQ2 thinking it would be a neat device since I've never owned a conduction vape before... but ever since I clicked the buy button I've been kind of worried Im going to regret it. Should I just ask them for a refund and get a bowle? :rofl:

I only have a dynavap and IH right now, and Id like to get a backup/spare device but im not sure what to get... :shrug:
You can’t go wrong with the IQ2. I am likely going to purchase a Bowle around 4/20 but it seems to me that it’s a very different device than the IQ2. It’s portable and doesn’t have a water function like the Bowle.

Oh yeah that sounds pretty good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few pages back there was talk of scratching on the bottom inside lip of the puck that I meant to comment on. I asked Tafee about this a little while ago and they said it was to be expected and is purely cosmetic. Mine has 3 pretty distinct lines that line up with the bottom ridges on the stem. Since it's not in the air path I'm not as concerned but I would have preferred to see something down there to prevent scratching so as to not bother my OCD tendencies haha.

Also when cleaning pots I don't remember if I mentioned for cleaning I like emptying them with a metal poker and then spinning the brush inside the pot which cleans up the walls and screen nicely.

Bowle has my brain scrambled after a Saturday session :leaf::ko:.
Hi, we’re the scratches cosmetic or use-based?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hi, we’re the scratches cosmetic or use-based?

It was use based. Occured when sliding the stem in and out. I don't have any scratches like that.

BTW-The moderators here prefer that members don't post back to back. Not a big deal but they prefer that you 'edit' a post to add new entries while your post is 'editable'. One you post there is a period of time where the post can be added to and revised by using the 'edit' option. After that period of time passes the 'edit' option will cease to be available and back to back posting is then allowed.

RobbIt

That is one thing my bowle does well and my first pot is pretty much the same as the last.

After sending my pic to tafée and how I got there they said my unit looked like it was under performing. They told me to do the puck reset and after I started getting to short draws first in breath sensing mode than manual. Took another two resets but that has seemed to stop but my load is still unevenly cooking. Still I'm getting pretty good avb with plenty of stirring so I don't think my unit is completely garbage but not working to it's fullest potential.
Hi, has your ‘full potential’ issue been resolved ?

It was use based. Occured when sliding the stem in and out. I don't have any scratches like that.

BTW-The moderators here prefer that members don't post back to back. Not a big deal but they prefer that you 'edit' a post to add new entries while your post is 'editable'. One you post there is a period of time where the post can be added to and revised by using the 'edit' option. After that period of time passes the 'edit' option will cease to be available and back to back posting is then allowed.
Thanks. I’m still figuring out the protocol and editing idiosyncrasies.

His_Highness

Thanks. I’m still figuring out the protocol and editing idiosyncrasies.
Welcome aboard!
The mods may eventually catch up to those posts and may combine them for you. They'll inform you about it in the nicest way when/if they do.

This site and the mods who take care of it require a level of 'niceness' that they themselves adhere to. Much appreciated especially when compared to the other 'Troll Hole' sites.

Djsleepy

I received the Bowle 2 weeks ago. After testing so many vaporizers I was surprised that the vapor was different from the other ones I own, it even seemed one step ahead from the rest. Now, it still feels different from the other ones, in a positive manner.
For me being a medical user as many here are , I also noticed how the Bowle is a different more clear and crisp high ( possible the most , at least in portables imo) and if you want the full effects.from your cannabis then level 1&2 really pull the healing terpenes that many of us need. To me its incomparable to any other existing portable I own right now and its my daily driver and will continue to be, until Tafee brings us something even better!

BubbleDrop

For me being a medical user as many here are , I also noticed how the Bowle is a different more clear and crisp high ( possible the most , at least in portables imo)
Exactly ! But it feels like the effects don't last as long as (for instance) the TM and other convection vapes.
Did you notice that as well ? It's not that different but it's slightly different.

Mndeadhead

I was getting around 18-22 draws per charge initially and recently I did a new count and got 27 draws. 20 would put you right in the middle of the performance I was getting for the first week or so which I thought was fine. Maybe I should do another count test on my end to see if the 27 was an anomaly.

I'm not an expert on grinders by a long shot but I like the metal potter. Good magnets, no threads, smooth. Fills the pots with little waste.

It performs two functions for me....grinder and pot dispenser/carrier. I keep them together as a team.

Haven't tried the plastic potter+ - my 2 year old granddaughter loves taking it apart and putting it back together again and it's still in one piece .... I think......
Dont forget the little storage in the very bottom for ABV. i find that if i turn it upside down and grind first, like the instructions say, all 4 get filled evenly, unless there is some material stuck. I just find the whole setup very convenient. I can put some nugs in the top, and either grind or go full nug, then put the ABV in the bottom. It’s so convenient

Hi guys, I do apologies if this has been answered, I have tried searching but haven’t found anything on the subject. How does the TB compare to the TM? I have already seen Troy and Jerry’s video, I am interested in people who have used both as daily drivers, my biggest grip with the TM is, that it always requires cleaning for top performance (I’m lazy) and there is inconsistency at times. Does the TB solve this problem? I really do love my TM, is this really worth the upgrade?
My opinion is the same as yours. I sold my TM after getting the TB. I was sick of cleaning, stirring without spilling crap all over myself, and just the tweaking that it took to get it dialed in. This is just so much easier.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I love this lil baby. A little bit goes a long way. I do no grind just break the buds up and vape tasty terps. Clean and smooth Definitely excellent for taming cannabis use.

cleaning is breazy... screens could use tighter weave tho.

Cheers! (Exhales gelato cake)

I don't do this every time because it takes a little longer, but I do feel like this is a great way to vape. The best flavors and aromas are on the surface, and they can be obscured through grinding. you still get the deep, full extraction after you crumble. should be able to use this technique with any decent convection vape, but I do find the vapbong lends itself to it especially well :smug:

Kimura, I know I still owe you more photos with clean chamber pots and consistent grind loads, but when I saw you mention this in the vapbong thread I had to quote you here too... Like SpacelyJetson (are you the child of Mr Spacely's daughter and Elroy??) I have vaped whole nugs this way in my Tafée Bowle too!

With some fresh moist dense buds I got, in tearing small chunks for grinding, I would take one of those small nugs and pop it into a chamber pot. Take a hit or two, then pop it out and flip it over, do the same again, but this time break it up before reloading... Was a really nice way to experience the herbs in the Bowle!

Djsleepy

Exactly ! But it feels like the effects don't last as long as (for instance) the TM and other convection vapes.
Did you notice that as well ? It's not that different but it's slightly different.
No I haven’t noticed that but I think the glass of the TM adds a little conduction changing how it hits you, the bowle is literally pure convection but both have made me cough up a lung ! 😂

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Hi, has your ‘full potential’ issue been resolved ?
Unfortunately I was not able to get my device up and running doing the battery reset. I heard back from them this afternoon and they have already sent me a new puck and I'm guessing maybe some mouth pieces as a bonus for the inconvenience. They got back to me pretty much as quickly as possible and though I said I would hear from them Monday I actually spaced out that this was a 3 day weekend, holidays are somewhat meaningless now lol

dimmusp

Any news on when the puck-only option will be available?

370 euros for the package with the cup makes it one of the most expensive vapes in the market. If they could bring it below the 300 euro psychological barrier (say, 275 euro) I'd probably take the plunge.

But as it stands it's very hard to justify paying 2x what my Crafty+ or TetraX plus mod cost... :o

Smknbud

i just did.
I'm gonna say they said no, or will, for the moment at least since they are having supply issues. I got back to them after they quickly answered my initial question on the availability of the 400 Ml unit ( no inventory till end March earliest in USA) about being able to purchase a large stem and Drinkware at a later time if I went ahead and purchased the 250 Ml unit now. No response back on that question for more than three days now. I'm guessing the lack of response means no.

Smknbud,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

DarkRoast

I'm gonna say they said no, or will, for the moment at least since they are having supply issues. I got back to them after they quickly answered my initial question on the availability of the 400 Ml unit ( no inventory till end March earliest in USA) about being able to purchase a large stem and Drinkware at a later time if I went ahead and purchased the 250 Ml unit now. No response back on that question for more than three days now. I'm guessing the lack of response means no.
that is honestly EXTREMELY lame if they don't offer a cup upgrade... would change my thoughts towards purchasing this.

DarkRoast,

His_Highness

Maybe the Bowle's initial success caught Tafee off guard. Kinda like that trending Christmas toy everyone wants.

If this is the case.....Tafee should be thrilled with that level of success. Any company would be.

Supply and demand can be an unforgiving bitch for a period of time. Many companies would see this as an opportunity to 'significantly' raise prices.

Some unscrupulous (or smart?) types might even try to get some units to sell on a secondary basis. I had to pay more than double for a big patio heater so we could eat outside with a family member who volunteered to teach brick and mortar early on. Restaurants and other establishments that needed to set up outside had bought up ALL the patio heaters.

Thank goodness I'm not unscrupulous......pardon me for a moment.....gotta head over to the classified forum. :D

Top Bottom