Tafée Bowle

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Quick follow up: Tafee sent me a return label to send them the puck for inspection, but I swear out of nowhere it’s been vaping more evenly lately which I really don’t understand. Maybe it’s because I’ve been using my fine kannastor grind again instead of something larger? I was going to mail it out yesterday, but I was so perplexed I had to keep it for another day to make sure.

However, I notice when demoing with others that beginners really struggle to get a hit off it, which makes me think there’s still something off here and worth sending in. I think I asked this before, but do others notice you need longer inhalations to really milk the Bowle? I had it and the Mighty running yesterday and everyone was raving about the Mighty, which I think is due to breath control as smokers, they don’t really know how to do the “convection dance” like we all do.
I feel this is abnormal as this product seems well marketed towards the non “vape-initiated” but curious what others think.

MinnBobber

I think a long steady draw helps the Bowle ...and helps all convection vapes.
With only XXX temp of air , it takes some time to get bud up to producing vapor.

Although you can draw weak or strong with Bowle, I think there is an optimal draw....you can hear it if you listen..... says the vapor whisperer👾
Take it into a small enclosed space, like a shower stall, and try different draws.
Listen to the “harmonics” as there is a real sweet spot for draw intensity.
Then ride the wave 🤡

Also, IMO, it seems like the better the convection vape, the more invisible is the vapor.
You get a blue white stream that this barely visible.....unless you have proper lighting, and then it pops.
Like miniVAP vapor.
Not so visible BUT potent!!!

Mighty kicks out more visible vapor but ....fill in the blank__________

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Quick follow up: Tafee sent me a return label to send them the puck for inspection, but I swear out of nowhere it’s been vaping more evenly lately which I really don’t understand. Maybe it’s because I’ve been using my fine kannastor grind again instead of something larger? I was going to mail it out yesterday, but I was so perplexed I had to keep it for another day to make sure.

However, I notice when demoing with others that beginners really struggle to get a hit off it, which makes me think there’s still something off here and worth sending in. I think I asked this before, but do others notice you need longer inhalations to really milk the Bowle? I had it and the Mighty running yesterday and everyone was raving about the Mighty, which I think is due to breath control as smokers, they don’t really know how to do the “convection dance” like we all do.
I feel this is abnormal as this product seems well marketed towards the non “vape-initiated” but curious what others think.
This is kinda convection normal for me.......I prefer to start at Level 1 and work my way up. Each draw is long (Around 10 seconds according to the stopwatch) and medium intensity (Can here the chug @MinnBobber mentioned). I savor the sessions. Biggest problem is not recognizing the 'tickle' which is my clue to stop or choke.

If I were working with a beginner I'd fill the pot fully but only with a light tamp and start at level 3 or 4 if I wanted to make a point. I'd warn the beginner not to get greedy. You could always take the first draw if you wanted a guarantee but you'd probably choke them.

kimura

I managed to get my hands on a 400ml. I'm only 5-6 pots in, but I can see Jorge's fingerprints all over this device. not just the obvious things like the two button interface and the different heat levels. I think the real special sauce he brings to the table is tuning the airflow to match the heater so the load (not the heater...) reaches the target temp, while at the same time making it hard (or in the case of the miniVAP impossible) to scorch the load.

I'm getting pretty even roasting and high quality vapor doing 6-10 second steady pulls, drawing at the speed limited by the device (not trying to fight it). big clouds at levels 2, 3, 4. no whispy vapor here... first draw is always a mouth full of terps, but then flavor drops off somewhat sharply. this is kinda curious. flavor continues to be pure throughout the session, but it starts to taste roasty pretty quickly, and is generally a bit muted. I'm chalking this up to the mouthpiece, which has several metal surfaces for oils to crash into on the way to your mouth. tradeoff is very cool vapor. maybe a bit too much cooling for my tastes?!

battery is ok so far. got through 5 small pots without issue. which brings me to my main point: I think this is a dedicated microdose device. I am only filling the pots about 1/3 to 1/2 full tops. any higher than that and I find I have to stir. it struggles a bit to drain the goods at the very bottom of the pot, and along the edges, as you might guess. but at about 1/3 full, I can vape the whole pot without stirring. as I mentioned above, I'm not getting hotspotting, and it's roasting the top pretty evenly. I think @stickstones mentioned this as well :wave:

more testing required for sure. maybe I can get more done at temp 4... but I think anyone who wants to fill the pots all the way is going to have to stir to get the kind of vapor I like. but so far looks like a great option for folks who don't want/need to vape large amounts

dimmusp

I wrote to Verdampftnochmal (the only EU distributor AFAIK) asking if there would be any cheaper, puck-only alternatives to the €370 puck + cup package, but they said no.

dimmusp,

Mr. Me2

Here’s an update to my early TB impressions.

I’m still loving this thing and haven’t used another vape since I got it.

I don’t think I’m getting as many pulls per load as others. I average 4 per pot on level 2. I come close to filling the pot (using a scoop method) and then lightly tamp it using the TB tool. It ends up being about 2/3 to 3/4 full.

Seeing abv pictures here, mine usually isn’t nearly as dark. Personally, I find that when I go that dark, the taste doesn’t seem great. And right now, I’ve lost my sense of taste! So I try to stop earlier. And I’m happy with that.

I find that if I slow my draw speed, I get bigger clouds but I get that darker abv and poorer taste. I keep experimenting with my draw speed. Fun times!

So far, I think this a perfect at-home vape. I highly recommend it.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

I never inhale for longer than 10 seconds and I get a good amount of vapor.
This vape is supposed to be easy to use, if you or others struggle to get a hit off it then it's not working like it should and you should send it back.
It was evident when I got my new puck that the old one wasn't performing like it should, when it was working it was a nice vape but just wasn't reliable.
So far I have the only problem with the new puck is the button is still too sensitive but I know about it and I take care not to release the pressure on it before I'm done inhaling.

BubbleDrop

Quick follow up: Tafee sent me a return label to send them the puck for inspection, but I swear out of nowhere it’s been vaping more evenly lately which I really don’t understand. Maybe it’s because I’ve been using my fine kannastor grind again instead of something larger?
Same load ? Because smaller loads tend to vape evenly. I only fill the cup with 0.07g and it is quite fine.

they don’t really know how to do the “convection dance” like we all do.
Do you mean the draw speed ? Because that's the only thing that would matter, when two different people use the device once loaded. I found it to be easy even at the beginning, using temp 1 and 2 only.

I don’t think I’m getting as many pulls per load as others. I average 4 per pot on level 2.
Did you try to stir ? After stirring and even reducing the temp I do get a big hit out of nowhere !

Weedaholic

I wrote to Verdampftnochmal (the only EU distributor AFAIK) asking if there would be any cheaper, puck-only alternatives to the €370 puck + cup package, but they said no.
It's way over priced in europe...There is no way in hell i would pay that for it...For starters, i would have no need for that stupid cup.so it would cost you nearly 445 dollars just for the puck....no thanks

Texus

that is honestly EXTREMELY lame if they don't offer a cup upgrade... would change my thoughts towards purchasing this.

Let's not jump to conclusions. If they are overwhelmed and struggling with stock, that's just part of the growing pains that comes with such success. I imagine someone will hear back about this from Tafee about this before too long. I'd be pretty surprised if longer stems and the 400ml cup aren't offered separately eventually. Along with additional add-ons down the road, one would hope.

Two Heads

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to joining this community. Thanks for having me. After doing my internet research, including reading most of this thread and watching Troy and Jerry's video, I ordered my Bowle last night and I'm pretty pumped to try vaping again. I gave it a good try years ago. I had an Arizer V-Tower which I eventually gave up on because I just wasn't getting the same high I get from a waterpipe. Back to the bong. Then the Solo came out and I really tried to make that work. About three years and two batteries - it didn't owe me anything. Except the same high I get from a waterpipe. So, back to the bong. To be honest my main hope is that the Bowle gives me the kind of full-spectrum high I know and love from my waterpipe. The V-Tower, Solo, PAX and other vapes I've tried always left be feeling like... more bass, more treble please, it's all midrange high. So far everything I've read here suggests that's NOT the case with the Bowle but I thought I'd ask outright. Is the high from a vape of this quality as good as clean bong hits? Is it better? (Wouldn't that be nice?)

Quick edit: I just read the FC Knowledge Base article Switching from smoking to vaporizing. It gave me a new perspective on the switch I didn't have the last two times I tried vaping. That, and the wonders of the Bowle might just do the trick!

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

it's a shame that the stem from the tafee is not made of stainless steel instead of aluminum. otherwise I would have tested it, because steel can be cleaned in the dishwasher. lol with iso it is too complicated for me to get the stem in properly for me i guess:lol:

Last edited:

Djsleepy

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to joining this community. Thanks for having me. After doing my internet research, including reading most of this thread and watching Troy and Jerry's video, I ordered my Bowle last night and I'm pretty pumped to try vaping again. I gave it a good try years ago. I had an Arizer V-Tower which I eventually gave up on because I just wasn't getting the same high I get from a waterpipe. Back to the bong. Then the Solo came out and I really tried to make that work. About three years and two batteries - it didn't owe me anything. Except the same high I get from a waterpipe. So, back to the bong. To be honest my main hope is that the Bowle gives me the kind of full-spectrum high I know and love from my waterpipe. The V-Tower, Solo, PAX and other vapes I've tried always left be feeling like... more bass, more treble please, it's all midrange high. So far everything I've read here suggests that's NOT the case with the Bowle but I thought I'd ask outright. Is the high from a vape of this quality as good as clean bong hits? Is it better? (Wouldn't that be nice?)
For me it’s a way cleaner and crisper of a high ; like the first time I smoked hydro.... it was like WOAH ! What’s this?

Texus

it's a shame that the stem from the tafee is not made of stainless steel instead of aluminum. otherwise I would have tested it, because steel can be cleaned in the dishwasher. lol with iso it is too complicated for me to get the stem in properly for me i guess:lol:
I have yet to see a report of it being at all difficult to clean. A big advantage of the heater-on-top design.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for the confirmation gang,
I ran a few more pots through it this afternoon and it's cutting out again during draws, for sure, so I'm gonna go forward with swapping this puck out.

When it does work, I generally do get a pretty nice stone off it, which has pushed me to keep second guessing myself lol!

Off it goes to Tafee, will report back when the new one lands ☄

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh yeah, I mean its better than bong hits because I'm a snob so that is just ruined weed lol But yes this is also another level compared to the other vapes you mentioned, they cannot compete with pure convection instant on demand! And welcome to FC!!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Got my second puck and I'm saying WoW!!! But for different reasons?!? Very different experience then my malfunctioning first puck which ran significantly hotter and only vaped a third of the bowl at a time but by the end I had my technique down pat and was actually impressed with it in a way?!? Guess I have review both lol don't worry I'm a couple pots in and it seems like a good idea 💡First puck initially impressed me with its hit size and density, reminded me very much of my tinymight. Settling on a 3/4 to full draw speed and maxing out my hit time, burning through a bowl on level 3 in 3 hits with stirring or turning the bowl, got dark brown avb. I knew it wasn't right but I was also getting really blasted off but contacted Tafée anyway and after giving it my best shot doing the battery reset I saw little improvement so asked for a new puck. Got my second puck today and it's significantly different. Tried my first bowl at level 3 which was where I settled mostly with the first puck so I thought I would start there to compare. Took my first hit, got a nice cloud, checked the avb and the entire top was just lightly toasted.......... nice 👍 I thought to myself and continued with my bowl, didn't keep track of my hits but it was quite a few to finish it off with a couple level 4 hits to finish it off fully. I was happy 😊 this was my interest and intention for this devices use for myself, taking many hits and enjoying my drink while flipping burgers on the grill in the back yard. The second puck has this going on in spades I discovered with my second pot, started at 1 light and slowly working my all the way up....... so many hits from a full pot, worked in a stir somewhere?!? Two full pots is just a smidge passed my entire days worth let alone all in the afternoon! So potency question are a little questionable?!? I'm quite high I will say.......... so success! How could it not be :rofl: So now I return the 3 hitter machine which I came to like but not love ❤️ and trade it in for something more refined and elegant like a southern belle of old, this bowle enchanted and enticed and kept me coming back for more which it readily delivers. I like the roasty later hits!?! I also enjoy a black coffee here and there and unsweetened peanut butter....... maybe that's me but those flavours are also the majority of the bowls potency and if I quit after the good but brief ethereal vapour I'd never be high?!? Preferred flavour aside the Bowle delivers a wonderful session for me from start to finish with very pure and true flavour without any colouring from the heater. The second puck has more open airflow and I go1/2 to 3/4 full speed depending on mp . .?!.,?!?,,?..!? Man that got long lol sorry you'll never get your time back after reading that disjointed mess.

Smknbud

Also, IMO, it seems like the better the convection vape, the more invisible is the vapor.
You get a blue white stream that this barely visible.....unless you have proper lighting, and then it pops.
Like miniVAP vapor.
Not so visible BUT potent!!!
I recognize many in this thread from the MiniVap thread including yourself and many of you have mentioned the MV when posting about the Bowle.

So if I may ask, yourself and any other MV owners, what distinguishes this from the MV, other than the heat-up time and Drinkware of course, that drew you to this vape? I know that Jorge Fernandez was directly involved with it's development, which in itself is a huge plus, but it just seems like the vape profiles are very close to each other that I question my purchasing this vape. Or is it just the whole Drinkware design concept coupled with an amazing medical grade vape?

SixStringToker

Naked member
So if I may ask, yourself and any other MV owners, what distinguishes this from the MV, other than the heat-up time
The heat-up time is no small deal for me; a few seconds after pushing the button, you get MV quality vapor (and beyond). Flavor-wise, I really can't say that I prefer one over the other. I can push the Bowle further than the MV and get vapor that's denser. The other biggie for me is the form factor. I really like the shape w/o the cup; it's comfortable in the hand and it feels like I'm hitting a j-hook.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
To be honest my main hope is that the Bowle gives me the kind of full-spectrum high I know and love from my waterpipe. The V-Tower, Solo, PAX and other vapes I've tried always left be feeling like... more bass, more treble please, it's all midrange high. So far everything I've read here suggests that's NOT the case with the Bowle but I thought I'd ask outright. Is the high from a vape of this quality as good as clean bong hits? Is it better? (Wouldn't that be nice?)
The Bowle seriously delivers and compares favorably with my desktops which is high praise......BUT that second or two of dizziness, rush of body warmth and maybe the need to sit down that can come from combustion....I haven't found a vape that could deliver a dizzying combustion level hit but that's because there's a bunch of ugly in combustion and a vape flower high is just so much cleaner. Wouldn't trade that vape taste, clean high and clear lungs for the nastiness of combustion. Especially the taste. Every now and then I crave something burnt and it only takes one hit to give me the :puke:

Don't worry though.......You will be Bowle'd over.

Top Bottom