Tafée Bowle

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
If you're getting 20 hits but it's not as effective in the cold I think that makes sense. If the puck is stored in the cold you'll notice a drop in battery, at least I did. I'm getting about 20 draws (15 seconds each) which allow me to finish 4-5 pots and that's at about 11°C/52°F ambient. I could have really tested the battery life in the cold this past week as we dipped below -40°C/-40°F but that sounds horrible
It was more like from full charge to one light was at most 16 full timer hits done all at 3 and 4 in a room where the thermostat is set to 55°f so whatever that is in c. I got very repeated results that way.. 4 pots total per charge. Changed my technique for a charge this morning a got 25 hits from full to completely dead and exactly to the draw 4 pots all 15 seconds or less aprox except 6 full timer hits at level 1 to crush a bowl and have a firecracker but my hits went like this
Level 1\ 15 hits
Level 2\ 2 hits
Level 3\ 5 hits
Level 4\ 3 hits

Edit: so I think my battery is good 😅

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Thanks for the tips for the Potter, I'm gonna try the upside down technique with the tap and shake technique, it should take care of my problems.

In the end I know I'll keep using the BCG because it's easier for me to use when I grind for my hands, but for the majority of users the metal Potter is gonna do the trick, even more if the Bowle is your only vape.
Time will tell if the plastic one is gonna last or if it's best to use it as a caddy to hold your cups and as a back up grinder in case something happens to the metal one.

SquirrelMaster

It was more like from full charge to one light was at most 16 full timer hits done all at 3 and 4 in a room where the thermostat is set to 55°f so whatever that is in c. I got very repeated results that way.. 4 pots total per charge. Changed my technique for a charge this morning a got 25 hits from full to completely dead and exactly to the draw 4 pots all 15 seconds or less aprox except 6 full timer hits at level 1 to crush a bowl and have a firecracker but my hits went like this
Level 1\ 15 hits
Level 2\ 2 hits
Level 3\ 5 hits
Level 4\ 3 hits

Edit: so I think my battery is good 😅
Oh yeah that sounds pretty good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few pages back there was talk of scratching on the bottom inside lip of the puck that I meant to comment on. I asked Tafee about this a little while ago and they said it was to be expected and is purely cosmetic. Mine has 3 pretty distinct lines that line up with the bottom ridges on the stem. Since it's not in the air path I'm not as concerned but I would have preferred to see something down there to prevent scratching so as to not bother my OCD tendencies haha.

Also when cleaning pots I don't remember if I mentioned for cleaning I like emptying them with a metal poker and then spinning the brush inside the pot which cleans up the walls and screen nicely.

Bowle has my brain scrambled after a Saturday session :leaf::ko:.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier!!!!!! I’m so stupid! I keep hotspoting in the same spot so I’ve been stirring almost every time but I just realized I can spin the bowl...... duh 😒 so I just vaped a bowl spinning every hit and not stirring and I got a pretty even brown spent bowl
837C94DF-A0E7-4BC4-9F93-E3DFCEAF86A5.jpeg

SquirrelMaster

I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier!!!!!! I’m so stupid! I keep hotspoting in the same spot so I’ve been stirring almost every time but I just realized I can spin the bowl...... duh 😒 so I just vaped a bowl spinning every hit and not stirring and I got a pretty even brown spent bowl
View attachment 5873
I've been giving mine a spin as well, meant to mention that before. Bowle is to blame lol.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've been giving mine a spin as well, meant to mention that before. Bowle is to blame lol.

Haha yes same, I do that every two or three hits, as I check the load in a session... It is basically a habit at this point with pure convection on demand glass stem based vapes, even though it is not even necessary for many of them now...

I am going to post my avb again when I use a cleaner chamber pot (the dirty screen really can affect performance) and a more consistent grind!

ChooChooCharlie

I don't get any off center hotspotting with my unit. Just an even dark roast. No stirring or spinning

Tafée celebrity endorsement:
Bowle-white-russian.jpg

Duffer

Has anyone used the Bowle both indoors and outdoors (in a ‘wintery’ climate) enough to have a good feel for the effects of the cold on battery life? I’m trying to get a feel for whether my battery life is within the normal range. I’m a deck-vaper almost exclusively due to my spouse being sensitive to weed, and all of my use of the Bowle has been around 32-40f, usually closer to 40f (the Bowle is at normal room temp until immediately before use).

I’m getting three bowls fully extracted on a charge if I’m making heavier use of level 3/4 to plow through them, or two bowls if I’m taking a more leisurely approach and spending time with several level 1/2 draws. Does this seem reasonable, given the temperature of the air being heated? And if you’re seeing similar outdoor performance, how many bowls are you able to get through on a charge when indoors?

We’ve been in the high -20s and low to mid -30s celcius with windchills to the -40s and I’ve been getting 3 to 4 pots on a charge with me half way out my garage man door.

Shit Snacks

this is true, and the whole experience has a subjective element.

But if most users are getting consistently even roasting across the entire surface, and some aren’t, I would think that could be resolved at this price point

Eh from my experience with other pure convection on demand, it checks out, so much variety, I'm going to try to show off some more thorough avb for you ;)

SquirrelMaster

You make my bowle sad 😢 with its silly spinning 😵 but still 3 hits, 2 spins and all extracted very well
View attachment 5876
If I want a thoroughly vaped pot, then taking 15 second draws I go temp 1 > temp 2 > stir > temp 3 > stir > temp 4 and it's cooked even steven. I'll vape one here shortly and take a pic. Or if I stay at level 1 for a few draws with a hit or two at temp 2 near the end then I don't really need to stir too bad. Temp 1 is the coolest hits too so at the expense of battery life I'll take it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Here's the pics of my last 5 pots. Each pot is finished at level 4. There is some minor char on top...not quite black.... dark brown. I took 2 pics of the pots and 2 pics of the spread out AVB with different positions and lighting in case one is easier to see than the other.

I don't know if everyone can see it clearly but there is nothing green. All the goodness has been used up. It's pretty even roasting and I don't stir or turn my pots.

14s.jpg14s.jpg43s.jpg57s.jpg104s.jpg

vapeaveli420

Hi guys, I do apologies if this has been answered, I have tried searching but haven’t found anything on the subject. How does the TB compare to the TM? I have already seen Troy and Jerry’s video, I am interested in people who have used both as daily drivers, my biggest grip with the TM is, that it always requires cleaning for top performance (I’m lazy) and there is inconsistency at times. Does the TB solve this problem? I really do love my TM, is this really worth the upgrade?

Shit Snacks

Hi guys, I do apologies if this has been answered, I have tried searching but haven’t found anything on the subject. How does the TB compare to the TM? I have already seen Troy and Jerry’s video, I am interested in people who have used both as daily drivers, my biggest grip with the TM is, that it always requires cleaning for top performance (I’m lazy) and there is inconsistency at times. Does the TB solve this problem? I really do love my TM, is this really worth the upgrade?

Well I can tell you this, both are great and different, but if your TM requires a lot of cleaning, because you are always using the cooling unit, first I would suggest using a WPA and glass j hook instead, but also I can tell you compared to using the cooling unit the Tafée is far less maintenance... However if you are comparing to using TM the way I described, which is how I use it, the cleaning is about the same, it is just the steel mesh screens that get dirty over time and need to be cleaned or changed... If you want to go into more detail comparing these two vapes, you should start a new thread in the Ask FC section, since we shy away from direct comparisons in a specific product thread.

vapeaveli420

Well I can tell you this, both are great and different, but if your TM requires a lot of cleaning, because you are always using the cooling unit, first I would suggest using a WPA and glass j hook instead, but also I can tell you compared to using the cooling unit the Tafée is far less maintenance... However if you are comparing to using TM the way I described, which is how I use it, the cleaning is about the same, it is just the steel mesh screens that get dirty over time and need to be cleaned or changed... If you want to go into more detail comparing these two vapes, you should start a new thread in the Ask FC section, since we shy away from direct comparisons in a specific product thread.
Thanks man! I had a feeling it’d be your who’d reply :) hope you’re well mate. I mainly use my TM with the extra long mouth piece with glass nipples, I have the water pipe adapter but find it combusts pretty quickly. How would you say the Vapor quality compares to the TM? Is it miles ahead? Do you as an owner of both, recommend the tafee? I also have the p80 but use that as a session vape, did use it through water but broke the WPA today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom