Tafée Bowle

ChooChooCharlie

Tested that power bank. First, ran Bowle battery to empty, and topped off the power bank

1 hr 6 min to fully charge Bowle, and bank digital display shows 90% charge remaining. Of course, these battery level displays always lie, but looks like this would be a good weekend solution

androponic

vaped.
Where please, I gave a search and didn't found it? TIA
For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

SquirrelMaster

Just saw this pic on the Tafee site, and was curious if anyone in the wild actually has this shorty stem pictured without the glass... it appears shorter than the stem included with the short glass.

720-product-bowle-lineup.jpg
Tafee got back to me on that short stem, it is indeed a different shorter stem that some testers have but is not currently for sale. They call it the stubby. They said to watch for them in the future though which sounds good. I want to see a sweet travel mug that I would assume would be aluminum but I would prefer if it was ceramic. I know very little about ceramics so this is where @Shit Snacks could probably help me out as I wonder how hard it would be to make a cup that would work with the seal. There's some shrinkage when it's fired I believe but with the proper mould maybe?

Nomad #111

I am just loving my Tafee Bowle. Like many I thought the cup was sort of stupid initially but I was wrong. I love it. However, if you dont dig the cup no need to worry. It's just as perfect either way but I see the cup as just the most basic of offerings in terms of the obvious possibility of a myriad of other attachments.

A lot of this vape is all about The Puck imo. I think they should have called it The Puck. Imagine the marketing possibilities with that name? Get Pucked, Tafee Bowle gonna Puck you up, I'm Pucked, Puck You, Pucked Up, etc. :):D

imor jones

What kind of Slot is this in the bottom of the Puck? Could this possibly have sth so to with a docking Station, that may come out later?

I want what you're vaping... mmm vanilla

@Djsleepy oh haha I wasn't sure that you were asking, because you did it by accident, I thought it was an attempt at some sort of hack! Yeah this is just like if you try to load glass stem-based vapes, but accidentally do so without a basket screen installed, always such a mess lol
@Jah75
I also notice this funny kind of vanilla/raspberry smell. The Chamber arrea of the Puck, where the pot comes in. Its smells like that....

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Jah75
I also notice this funny kind of vanilla/raspberry smell. The Chamber arrea of the Puck, where the pot comes in. Its smells like that....

No smells for me. If the smell does show up I hope it's the same vanilla/raspberry though.

I finally got an occurance of the "Starts green and goes blue before I stop drawing". It took a good number of pots and charges before it showed up and I was keeping an eye out for it.

Things I noticed:
- It was my first draw for the day. The Bowle was fully charged and was cold to the touch. We have the heat set to 66 degrees and the Bowle was sitting on a granite counter that was also cold to the touch.
- I was on temp 2 and was about 10 seconds into my draw when the green light went back to blinking blue. I hadn't changed my draw or stopped.
- When I exhaled .... vapor was visible and was better than whispy so the heater had been on and producing.
- It hasn't happened again and I've finished another pot since then.
I didn't change anything I normally do and the only symptom I can point to is how cold the Bowle was.

A few posts back I had mentioned my preference for filling the pots with the metal potter was to let it fill naturally and not to pack. @stickstones had suggested a slight tamping to eliminate air pockets. I've tried Stick's tamping and it's definitely producing a better result. Makes sense since the Bowle airflow is so wide open. Slight tamping, not packing.

I love the metal potter.. I keep putting in too much flower but it only fills the pots to the rim without allowing the extra flower to come through. When I finish vaping a pot I carefully take out a newly filled pot, brush the used pot and put it in the potter. Without putting any additional flower in the grinder I turn the grinder to fill just the empty pot. I do have to be gentle when taking out or putting in a pot so the extra flower in the top doesn't come through. I don't ever put a pot filled with ABV in the potter because I don't want the fresh herb in the top being added to a used pot.

almost there

No smells for me. If the smell does show up I hope it's the same vanilla/raspberry though.

I finally got an occurance of the "Starts green and goes blue before I stop drawing". It took a good number of pots and charges before it showed up and I was keeping an eye out for it.

Things I noticed:
- It was my first draw for the day. The Bowle was fully charged and was cold to the touch. We have the heat set to 66 degrees and the Bowle was sitting on a granite counter that was also cold to the touch.
- I was on temp 2 and was about 10 seconds into my draw when the green light went back to blinking blue. I hadn't changed my draw or stopped.
- When I exhaled .... vapor was visible and was better than whispy so the heater had been on and producing.
- It hasn't happened again and I've finished another pot since then.
I didn't change anything I normally do and the only symptom I can point to is how cold the Bowle was.

A few posts back I had mentioned my preference for filling the pots with the metal potter was to let it fill naturally and not to pack. @stickstones had suggested a slight tamping to eliminate air pockets. I've tried Stick's tamping and it's definitely producing a better result. Makes sense since the Bowle airflow is so wide open. Slight tamping, not packing.

I love the metal potter.. I keep putting in too much flower but it only fills the pots to the rim without allowing the extra flower to come through. When I finish vaping a pot I carefully take out a newly filled pot, brush the used pot and put it in the potter. Without putting any additional flower in the grinder I turn the grinder to fill just the empty pot. I do have to be gentle when taking out or putting in a pot so the extra flower in the top doesn't come through. I don't ever put a pot filled with ABV in the potter because I don't want the fresh herb in the top being added to a used pot.
Since you brought up the topic of anomalies, here's what I have observed with my 2 pucks. For the sake of distinguishing the 2 apart there's puck A, charger A, puck B and charger B-

Puck A
-tighter draw resistance, not the "open" draw you're describing. I wouldn't call it tight by any means but I do take slower inhales due to the rebound resistance if I draw hard
-cooler heater, spent material is medium brown, not as dark as with puck B
-does not go into the blinking blue lights when inhaling as you've described
-takes over 2 hours to charge if I use charger A but when plugged to charger B it takes half the time

Puck B
-very easy open draw, I was very surprised how loud the air intake is because Puck A makes very little sound
-hotter heater, abv is noticeably darker and the flavor is toastier in the higher settings
-when operating with push button mode the green light sometimes goes to blinking blue
-fast charges regardless which charger it's plugged to

EddIW

Impulse bought the basic short bowle setup last night, $50 shipping to the UK best be speedy :):lol: Looking forward to having a truly instant on-demand portable. Non removable batteries are a bit of a bummer coming from a tinymight and p80/dual portable setup, but what seems to be the instant heat up outweighs that. Cant wait to be able to roll over in bed and take a hit instantly from the bowle and not have to wait 5-6seconds for the tinymight to get to temp.

guyonthecouch

Since you brought up the topic of anomalies, here's what I have observed with my 2 pucks. For the sake of distinguishing the 2 apart there's puck A, charger A, puck B and charger B-

Puck A
-tighter draw resistance, not the "open" draw you're describing. I wouldn't call it tight by any means but I do take slower inhales due to the rebound resistance if I draw hard
-takes over 2 hours to charge if I use charger A but when plugged to charger B it takes half the time

Puck B
-very easy open draw, I was very surprised how loud the air intake is because Puck A makes very little sound
-hotter heater, abv is noticeably darker and the flavor is toastier in the higher settings
-when operating with push button mode the green light sometimes goes to blinking blue
Did you try the "reset" protocol for Puck A? Should at least fix the slow charging issue, if not I'd reach out to Tafee.

almost there

Did you try the "reset" protocol for Puck A? Should at least fix the slow charging issue, if not I'd reach out to Tafee.
The puck with the charging issue was like that from the get go. No amount of resets or unplugging/replugging changed anything. I tried different outlets in the house and I even tried charging in a different location.

@Shit Snacks The Tafee CS department is phenomenal. They took care of me the very same day

His_Highness

Puck A

Puck B
Puck B sounds like the vape almost everyone in the thread has.

Since you have Puck B did you happen to take apart Puck A? I'm no engineer but I play one on TV and it sounds like the resistance in Puck A may be trying to tell us something. The additional draw resistance could affect the heat which in turn would cause less dark ABV. Curious why the extra draw resistance.

Maybe Puck A not experiencing the green to blue draw thing is pointing to a reaction to extreme heat variations since mine occurred on a cold unit and Puck A with the additional draw resistance wouldn't encounter such an extreme change in heat?

Love the customer service aspect!

west-elec

This is interesting because I was surprised by reports of 'open airflow. I certainly wouldn't call mine open. Not uncomfortably tight but even without mouthpiece there is some restriction.
I also get a fairly strong sweet smell from both packaging and puck/stem. I assumed it was the alloy??? Not unpleasant or alarming but present in the vapour signature as well. Sort of like the OG firefly stainless might affect taste but a different alloy, different smell??? Don't know.

@west-elec Agreed, there is definitely some restriction. Feels fairly similar to my OG Brick with carb covered. Not bad at all.

I also notice a similar smell to what others are describing. Not worried at all, and as mentioned, it’s not unpleasant.

I’ve done 5 full bowls on my current charge cycle and still showing two lights on the battery. I may get one more full bowl before it dies, which would be nice. Definitely noticing an increase in life across the first few charge cycles.

SquirrelMaster

This is interesting because I was surprised by reports of 'open airflow. I certainly wouldn't call mine open. Not uncomfortably tight but even without mouthpiece there is some restriction.
I also get a fairly strong sweet smell from both packaging and puck/stem. I assumed it was the alloy??? Not unpleasant or alarming but present in the vapour signature as well. Sort of like the OG firefly stainless might affect taste but a different alloy, different smell??? Don't know.
Yes agreed, I don't find the airflow very open but maybe that's just a frame of reference. Open air flow to me is the VapBong and restricted is a Dynavap. The Bowle is somewhere in between with a little variance at that as it adjusts incoming air flow to keep up with temperature (I presume). I did not have any smells on my unit but maybe you have a sensitivity to aluminum or the anodizing like you say? If you do a burn off and have cleaned the device as much as you can but still get the smell I would think it's just you're nose but that would be strange. Maybe the silicone?

His_Highness

My basis for the air-flow comparison is my Ghost MV1, POTV one, Evo, and the Herby. The Bowle feels more open to me than the aforementioned except for the EVO which I think is somewhat of a tie.

Maybe I should have used different wording...I didn't mean to imply there was no restriction at all. Just wanted to convey that the draw resistance was better than my vapes which were known for having good airflow.

I do notice that toward the end of a pot if I don't slow down my draw the resistance will increase a bit. I think it's the herb sticking to the pot screen.

Oh...and I think my EVO has a crush on my Bowle. I've had to tell the EVO multiple times to quit whistling at her. :lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh...and I think my EVO has a crush on my Bowle. I've had to tell the EVO multiple times to quit whistling at her. :lol:

Just wait till she gets her 18mm strap on, so she can wear his hydrotube like a hat :brow::lmao:

Yeah the draw restriction depends on the clean ness of the screen in the chamber pot, as well as the herb consistency, the grind and how it is packed... I'd say it's a good balance, the default airflow from the device, not too open not too restricted, different vapes work best with different airflow hopefully relative to their heater and the whole design, as it seems to be here!

Top Bottom