Tafée Bowle

@west-elec Agreed, there is definitely some restriction. Feels fairly similar to my OG Brick with carb covered. Not bad at all.

I also notice a similar smell to what others are describing. Not worried at all, and as mentioned, it’s not unpleasant.

I’ve done 5 full bowls on my current charge cycle and still showing two lights on the battery. I may get one more full bowl before it dies, which would be nice. Definitely noticing an increase in life across the first few charge cycles.

update: didn’t quite get a full sixth bowl. Two big hits on level 3 and then it died. This was my third charge cycle.

I really like this vape.

simplywonderful

I posted my comment in mighty thread by accident :D

does anybody own mighty and can compare the battery ? Is it like crafty half of the mighty or less? You guys really temp pigeon to try this vape. I hope they will implement the heating element into well designed vape soon as VC Bud suggested. I saw some nicely designed new vapes which seemed really easy to clean, replaceable batteries etc. Its cool that you can drink a nice tea at your desk and get lowkey tokes :D
btw I remember there was some promotion going on, not sure If I need a code or not, it was something like the whole set for less? or metal potter as an extra? btw didnt the bowle came with metal potter by default?

Its nice auntie Taffé cares about us and dont want us to become addicted, I guess it heavily, heavily depends on what you vaping, the shit I was vaping and able to source here, absolute worst shit I vaped a cap in mighty like every 15-30mins, what I realized then was even more disturbing, laced shit a bet a strong cali strain would require a bowl a day until tolerance kicks in :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I posted my comment in mighty thread by accident :D
does anybody own mighty and can compare the battery ? Is it like crafty half of the mighty or less?

This question actually belongs in the ask FC section, to compare two different vapes, but I can tell you there is no comparison especially regarding the battery since those are slow session vapes anyway...

guys really temp pigeon to try this vape. I hope they will implement the heating element into well designed vape soon as VC Bud suggested. I saw some nicely designed new vapes which seemed really easy to clean, replaceable batteries etc. Its cool that you can drink a nice tea at your desk and get lowkey tokes :D

The heating element already is implemented into a well-designed vape, this is what the Tafée Bowle is...

btw I remember there was some promotion going on, not sure If I need a code or not, it was something like the whole set for less? or metal potter as an extra? btw didnt the bowle came with metal potter by default?

It was a surprise sorta secret promotion and you've already missed it, sorry!

SquirrelMaster

Was the temperature equivalent for each temp dot ever given, I can't seem to find it? I'm hitting back and forth between the Bowle and the Tinymight trying to compares so I may have missed it. Getting baked with the Bowle and toasted with the Tinymight makes my eyes crossed, so very hiiiiiiggghhhhh.... :leaf: I hope everyone is having a good Saturday night.

Shit Snacks

Was the temperature equivalent for each temp dot ever given, I can't seem to find it? I'm hitting back and forth between the Bowle and the Tinymight trying to compares so I may have missed it. Getting baked with the Bowle and toasted with the Tinymight makes my eyes crossed, so very hiiiiiiggghhhhh.... :leaf: I hope everyone is having a good Saturday night.

Estimate is 360, 395, 430, 464 I think?

SixStringToker

Naked member
Here's what I get with a thermal probe positioned immediately below the Bowle's temp sensor:

* ~365°F
** ~395°F
*** ~430°F
**** ~465°F

It ramps up to temp fast, usually with a small overshoot of a few degrees (mostly with harder pulls) and then quickly settles down to the target temp. Once on temp, it stays there with very little variation as long as you maintain a steady pull. It's very stable and very repeatable, even at different pull strengths, tho it does take a second or two longer to settle down with hard pulls.

Nomad #111

I'm sure a lot of people want to know how much material is required per session. I have been mixing it up and am finding small loads, just enough to cover the surface area, works great. You can also fill your load to the max, tamp it, add more and tamp again and you will get a different but similarly great experience.

420_fitdad

Help! My puck isn't working. I've been getting the with to blue lights every draw and can't seem to get it to stop. got 1 good rip on it and then after that it won't do anymore. I've tried all the reset stuff you said before... any other thoughts? Tried new pots filled different and everything.

Vitolo

Vaporist
when the green light went back to blinking blue
Help! My puck isn't working. I've been getting the with to blue lights every draw and can't seem to get it to stop. got 1 good rip on it and then after that it won't do anymore. I've tried all the reset stuff you said before... any other thoughts? Tried new pots filled different and everything.
Since none of us can see the vape, or try to help in person, I can ask obvious questions...
By the time the questions are asked, perhaps the vape will have begun to perform.
Is house very unusually cold?
Is unit fully charged?
Do the lights light up green for a few seconds before the blue?
Start composing an email to Taffée Wares....
Meanwhile......
Check on what I asked, and see if anything has improved.
You won't be wasting time with troubleshooting, and hopefully the issue
was an intermittent Electronic glitch.

420_fitdad

Since none of us can see the vape, or try to help in person, I can ask obvious questions...
By the time the questions are asked, perhaps the vape will have begun to perform.
Is house very unusually cold?
Is unit fully charged?
Do the lights light up green for a few seconds before the blue?
Start composing an email to Taffée Wares....
Meanwhile......
Check on what I asked, and see if anything has improved.
You won't be wasting time with troubleshooting, and hopefully the issue
was an intermittent Electronic glitch.
Thanks guys, you are so quick.
House is not cold.
Unit was fully charged and I'm charging again and resetting to try.
Yes they light up green and then to blue, it's consistent. I've even tried the hold and draw method and it does it.
I feel like I just might have received a faulty unit unfortunately, it's gotta happen to someone :)

I've emailed Tafee so hopefully the customer service will be as good as it sounds. Keep you updated and thanks again.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks guys, you are so quick.
House is not cold.
Unit was fully charged and I'm charging again and resetting to try.
Yes they light up green and then to blue, it's consistent. I've even tried the hold and draw method and it does it.
I feel like I just might have received a faulty unit unfortunately, it's gotta happen to someone :)

I've emailed Tafee so hopefully the customer service will be as good as it sounds. Keep you updated and thanks again.
Plug it in to charge for a minute. Then unplug it for a couple minutes. Then plug it back in and let it charge to full.

That might reset it to normal. Glad you emailed Tafee...they'll take care of you.

Djsleepy

Several weeks in Bowle has been my daily driver; I run it till it needs charging, and while it’s charging I just use another vape till she’s ready! I’m fan of temp 1-3 like most four is a finisher. And consistent like no other ( TM is close but i still have to adjust mine to get back good hits ). There are so many times I have coughed up a
lung because I had no idea just how much vapor it was producing !!! I still need to give that cup a try! Really psyched to see some more of their tech and just where they go next! Way to go Tafee!

DingoGlittering

Just found out about the Tafee Bowle and never knew I needed something so bad in my life. Did I miss out on the all free goodies? Free metal potter and extra stems and such? Am I stuck ordering the full unit for $369 and only getting a free plastic potter?

Shit Snacks

Just found out about the Tafee Bowle and never knew I needed something so bad in my life. Did I miss out on the all free goodies? Free metal potter and extra stems and such? Am I stuck ordering the full unit for $369 and only getting a free plastic potter?

This was just asked, yes supposedly...

almost there

Puck B sounds like the vape almost everyone in the thread has.

Since you have Puck B did you happen to take apart Puck A? I'm no engineer but I play one on TV and it sounds like the resistance in Puck A may be trying to tell us something. The additional draw resistance could affect the heat which in turn would cause less dark ABV. Curious why the extra draw resistance.

Maybe Puck A not experiencing the green to blue draw thing is pointing to a reaction to extreme heat variations since mine occurred on a cold unit and Puck A with the additional draw resistance wouldn't encounter such an extreme change in heat?

Love the customer service aspect!
haha, I'm the gadgety type that can take things apart and put them back in working order. I honestly don't know enough about technology or mechanics to draw any conclusions based on the differences between the 2 pucks.

This weekend I managed to get 2 draws in a row from puck B while it was on sensor activation mode. Puck B takes a few seconds to sense when the draw is over so I was able to sneak in another full draw before the heater shut down. Can't do that with Puck A because the sensor is more sensitive on that unit and shuts off the heater as soon as the draw ends. Very interesting discovering the little quirks with these pucks

Last edited:

justcametomind

They are very kind and accommodating, tell them you read 40 pages of thread and missed the deal by a couple of days.

420_fitdad

Thank you all for the suggestions, I have been troubleshooting and tried everything, still doing the same thing. However... Tafee customer service is in a league of their own! They are amazing is not even enough to say. I emailed them Sunday morning (EST)and they replied in a matter of hours thanking me for the detailed email, apologizing for any inconvenience, and are overnighting me a new puck to be here tomorrow... no questions asked, just doing it. I've never had some prompt service and a resolution so quickly.

Duffer

I ordered a small without a glass on Friday and today I received it and they included the glass anyway. It does come with the plastic grinder and a total of 5 ceramic bowls.

After charging I vaped a couple bowls and I’d say the buzz is equivalent to 4 TM bowls. I’d love to see this heater placed in a more portable body.

I’d recommend any fence sitters to just buy it and get it over with:-)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Is there any reason to get the small over the large? I like the idea of drinking ice water and such so I figured bigger is better for my usage, but only if it doesn't affect performance?
The general consensus seems to be that.....
It's a matter of preference, and/or aesthetics.
Performance is too close to notice a difference for those that have "weighed in".

Top Bottom