Tafée Bowle

Bazinga

Seriously! I was about to buy the Mighty since I think I'm ready for something other than my Edge. I'm so glad I found this and read all 38 pages, you guys are awesome, I can't wait to be more active on this. I think it's about time for me to start the sweet talking to try to get this a bit early hahaha.
I like my Mighty a lot. I'll keep it until it dies. However, the Bowle (at least for me) is better. Not perfect, but really quite amazing. The jury is still out on it's reliability. You would not be unhappy with the Mighty bit IMO the Bowle would make you even happier.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Seriously! I was about to buy the Mighty since I think I'm ready for something other than my Edge. I'm so glad I found this and read all 38 pages, you guys are awesome, I can't wait to be more active on this. I think it's about time for me to start the sweet talking to try to get this a bit early hahaha.

Rule one of VAS - buy first, ask questions later

Rule two of VAS - Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations

Rule three of VAS - When 1 and 2 fail is when you go for the sweet talk

androponic

vaped.
same here, I wonder if its a digital embellishment to further show the difference without the cup, or a failed prototype that was abandoned...Or maybe even a coming soon!
i think the channel has the screw mounts running the length so if someone is good with a dremel a stem could be made to any length but no going back. lol im sure extra stems are coming to tafee store though.

simplywonderful

@Green Kiwi
Tafee sent me a very detailed reply the same day I messaged them. I'll post it below for anyone wondering but I feel like my request for more battery has been taken seriously and the battery life I'm seeing is normal. I'm also still very grateful for the upgraded shipping and freebies that myself and many others have received so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so kindly for your warm words of compliment and your patronage.

We are sincerely sorry that the battery life does not meet your expectations.
We are listening on how we can improve guidance with your feedback guiding us alongside the other variety of users.

Initially we opted for an internally generated benchmark, wherein a session did not basically constitute of completely consuming one Ceramic Pot.

Integral factors like;
1. How much volume of organic compounds is effectively and efficiently delivered by Bowle per inhalation.
2. Sessions with breaks spread out between days by casual users.
3. Volume and conditional makeup of material inside the Ceramic Pot.
4. Difference in duration of each inhalation between a new, intermediate or advanced, casual or wellness user.
5. Variance in opinion of what constitutes a consumed Ceramic Pot. Lack or Aerosol produced or loss of taste.

These dynamic factors led us to begin with guidance on what a session in Bolwe could be, and not in Ceramic Pots.
However, it is clear how 8 to 12 sessions can be understood to mean 8 to 12 Ceramic Pots, without added disclosure.
Please accept our apologies for this mixup.
As we receive continued feedback like yours we will be able to provide improved guidance.

In the interim, we made sure to aid users with the ability to quickly recharge units conveniently and safely with the included power adapter and charge cable. But we definitely hear you loud and clear, more battery would be welcome.

Yes, regarding the verification of a full charge. In certain situations the fast charge chip may not have made proper connection as required with the puck during charging. In such a situation, on the top end of the battery a charge protection protocol could be engaged, resulting in a trickle charge on the top end. Removing the cable, waiting a few seconds and re-inserting the cable should reset this and allow proper charge protocols in charging the top end of the battery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're use to Arizer sized loads or micro dose with a log then 8-12 "sessions" would be bang on I think. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea purchasing a Bowle thinking the battery life is along the same lines as a Mighty for example but even though it's shorter I would take a Bowle any day of the week. Once the honeymoon is over I'll cycle in different devices but if the Bowle has a charge it's probably the first thing I'll reach for because of the convenience and speed.

As @Shit Snacks said I'm averaging 5 bowls per charge and after my post about battery concerns (when I got 4 bowls on two charges) I got in two more 5 bowl charges (each charge split between 2 sessions) and last night did a back to back 6 bowl session. I couldn't see straight after that :rofl: :leaf::freak:, and I slept like a bear in hibernation. If the performance was sub par it would be another story but that and every other aspect of this device is so top tier that it can be forgiven imo if I need to stay plugged in more often.

@imor jones
That sounds a fantastic idea! For the lights either a hole drilled straight down or at an angle on the front would be good enough I think. You're exciting me thinking about spots for a stir stick, bowls, avb, snacks lol. If you make something you'll have to post it, you have a great idea.

@simplywonderful
I only have the SSV modded not the LSV. I didn't have the exact screens so mine was done a little differently but works the same. I followed the 420Vapezone guide.

@His_Highness
That is very true on gauging hits. I constantly find myself doing that with the Bowle though admittedly I know better and like doing that to myself :D.

@wm762 You do not need the cup and of those 3 I would take the Bowle personally if I was buying right now.
Is there even a difference? I thought the only difference is that the LSV is portable. Btw I can see on Troys face that the thing hammered him, just as I expected. :D I will make this happen, thank you very much for linking the guide!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Curious about the feel of the cup?

Honestly one of my reservations here is a strong preference for drinking from glass.

(Other is battery and how charging is handled in a way that requires cup removal).
The cup is acrylic/plastic and won't be confused with glass. When it's on the Bowle it protects dust and whatnot from getting into the charge port. I love the damn cup and I'm probably boring everyone with how much I love it each night. Don't get me wrong though....you don't need the cup to protect the charge port.

The simplicity of the cup's fit and solidness of the cup's fit is worth a mention. The cup is held in place by a ring around the outside of the puck that causes some suction. I can fill the cup all the way and hold the device by just the cup. I've got the large cup and find myself holding just the cup which should give you some idea how solid that fit is.

The user guide points out that if the cup has liquid in it .... you need to empty the liquid before removing the puck. According to the certifications a little spill won't destroy the charge port or any other electrical aspect. You can't charge the Bowle with the cup on. Basically.....you should never fill the cup before putting it on the Bowle. Maybe the best way to say it is.....The cup should be empty when putting it on or taking it off the Bowle. It's common sense but in my case common sense can can be hampered when I'm Bowle-d Over.....

SquirrelMaster

The Bowle Crew. Take that body pain!

Temp 1 is so tasty in the Bowle. I threw in a small nug today and the flavour was phenomenal. My session lasted much longer staying on 1 and then moving to 2 and eventually breaking up the nug.

Curious about the feel of the cup?

Honestly one of my reservations here is a strong preference for drinking from glass.

(Other is battery and how charging is handled in a way that requires cup removal).

I'm one of those people that only drinks from glass and I have zero issues with the cup, it's pretty nice and doesn't taint the flavour of your beverage.

The cup comes off fairly easily even full if you're careful with it.
I have the same preference, but I drink water out of my Bowle all day and it’s fine. The thing is incredible. There’s no draw resistance and it’s the coolest vapor I’ve ever gotten from any device. This thing is a game changer. Buy it.

I find there's resistance but it's not Solo strong and the vapour production is so good it's acceptable. Better than the MV1 which could be wide open but then didn't work worth a damn. I like how the Bowle restricts the incoming air to keep temp. Smartest device in my lineup.

Is there even a difference? I thought the only difference is that the LSV is portable. Btw I can see on Troys face that the thing hammered him, just as I expected. :D I will make this happen, thank you very much for linking the guide!

I think just the whip right? Heater cover is a slightly different shape and I don't know if the internal volume is the same. I believe the mod works basically the same on the LSV and balls are a game changer!

I love the damn cup and I'm probably boring everyone with how much I love it each night. Don't get me wrong though....you don't need the cup to protect the charge port

Not I, I thought I was only one loving the cup! I'm waiting for more drink strain combos.

Texus

That's good news about the cup. Though I may still hold out until a glass option is available from either Tafee or aftermarket.

And maybe by that time a v2 with USB port on the side will be available, so I can charge with cup attached on the bedside table at night.

Or that's what I tell myself since I recently got a Source Versa, and Flite IH...

johnnyCanuck

That's good news about the cup. Though I may still hold out until a glass option is available from either Tafee or aftermarket.

And maybe by that time a v2 with USB port on the side will be available, so I can charge with cup attached on the bedside table at night.

Or that's what I tell myself since I recently got a Source Versa, and Flite IH...
The bottom acrylic portion of the cup that doesn't hold liquid encompasses the sides of the puck except for the trigger/heat temp buttons and the stem. So the way it's set up right now, you still wouldn't be able to charge the device with the cup still on if the USB port was on the side.

BTW, if some of you are having trouble removing the cup off the puck... take out the stem and stick your thumb in there to anchor the puck while carefully removing the cup with your other hand. easy peasy

MinnBobber

The bottom acrylic portion of the cup that doesn't hold liquid encompasses the sides of the puck except for the trigger/heat temp buttons and the stem. So the way it's set up right now, you still wouldn't be able to charge the device with the cup still on if the USB port was on the side.

Yes, if USB port was moved to the side (or 2nd port added on side) , a new cup would need to happen with a third open channel....like for the stem and buttons now.

Chingas

My bowle came today. Loaded up a pot of Do-Si-Dos and poured a G & T. Turned the Avalanche game on and took 2 hits on 1 and 1 hit on 2. I haven’t been more impressed by the first 3 hits from a vape since I got my Supreme v2 ~5 years ago. Wow. Tasty, potency, signature...all there already. The drink actually cools the stem some.

Color me impressed.

johnnyCanuck

Yes, if USB port was moved to the side (or 2nd port added on side) , a new cup would need to happen with a third open channel....like for the stem and buttons now.
which, of course, would risk liquid seeping in since the port wouldn't be covered if a huge spill happened. I'm guessing the buttons and stem being exposed are somewhat protected from having liquid go over them.

MinnBobber

which, of course, would risk liquid seeping in since the port wouldn't be covered if a huge spill happened. I'm guessing the buttons and stem being exposed are somewhat protected from having liquid go over them.

Their top USB port already has an “anti-spillage”
rating so they are set. I cannot find it now but it was like IP rated?? Same model for side port.

Protected ports.... I would opt to leave current port/ add second side port as top port is much better when “no cup” charging.

west-elec

Their top USB port already has an “anti-spillage”
rating so they are set. I cannot find it now but it was like IP rated?? Same model for side port.

Protected ports.... I would opt to leave current port/ add second side port as top port is much better when “no cup” charging.
IP rating stands for ingress protection, how good the enclosure is at protecting from ingress of foreign matter. One number stands for moisture protection, the other for dust. IP22 isn't that high, and you would need it to be rated at IP56 for waterproof, at least IP55 for spill protected. There was some discussion in earlier pages and previous comments from manufacturer reported suitability for condensation moisture, but definitely not direct spillage in the charger port. IP22 is NOT spill proof, so be careful.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I had such fun with the Bowle after cleaning the stem, and with all new "pots" ready.
I sat at the computer watching movies, and vaping Bowle after Bowle.
Each time I looked at the clock it was an hour later.
It was 3:00 a.m. before I knew it, yet I said "just one more Bowl"
"One more Bowle" became one more "Potter!!
I never could fall asleep...
I laid down , but I am at it again... bleary, Red Eyed, buzzed Vaporist.
Photo-on-1-18-21-at-12-57-PM-2.jpg

Now I will land myself at a good level 10 buzz again to watch a movie.... been working at the 10 for almost an hour...
This is where I come in for a landing at my destination. (p.s. this is a unlisted video.. it is just for forum members)
I stop the video, when I just can't take any more.

Howdy there :) Haven't seen a video of yours in a while, always great :)

I have to say that up until I watched your video, I was kinda joking about this vape and the reactions it gotten, but it seems that I have been arrogant, this thing delivers and I get the form factor now, its quite genius.

I will hold myself after getting fired haha, but maybe one day, its not cheap.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
We've discussed the form factor in relation to using the Bowle in social settings and how it could normalize vaping in those settings.....

We don't vape around the grandkids....even outside where second hand vapor isn't a concern, which means we have to go into the house somewhere to vape in private when hanging out by the pool. This will no longer be an issue thanks to the Bowle....the grandkids are already aware that Mima and Pop-pop's drinks are off limits so instead of having to dry off and find an unused room to vape in we'll be able to just sit tight and enjoy the day outside.

There are also the times when we're having a BBQ with friends and we know that some of them aren't comfortable being around flower vapes. It's kind of weird how a 510 pen doesn't bother them nearly as much. Breaking out the Solo in a open setting like that wouldn't be comfortable for some of them, so again, we end up in the house somewhere with our flower friends. All our friends and family know we love cannabis and we're pretty open about what we do when we disappear into the house. I can see using the Bowle in that setting, not having to go in the house and not making anyone uncomfortable.

The only uncomfortable thing I can think of would be our friends who also love flower wishing they had Bowle but that will be remedied when they get their own.

Last edited:

fangorn

Hi guys !

It seems to be a hell of a device this taffé bowle!

Today I finished the 39 pages of this subject ...
The last time I did this was for the Tinymight and before I finished reading I found ans bought a used one in the classifieds (thanks again Alex) .. it's still in perfect condition Operating...

Since then I have promised myself not to hang around in this blessed hell of fuckcombustion ...

[Thank you for all the info, criticism, discussion, ideas ... it's super rich!
And at the same time you stimulate the VAS way too much ...

In France, a country of alcoholics and users of anti-depressants, we are still in the Stone Age when it comes to cannabis and its consumption ... even if we note some progress with a judgment in favor of Cbd , and an implementing decree to test therapeutic cannabis (without the funding that goes with it of course ...)]

In short, I'm happy with my equipment ... my sessions suit me very well ... I use the Vaponic and the mistvap heater almost every day, a stem glass and dynavap with heater and a tinymight ...

a little while ago I said to myself that I no longer needed anything ...
there is even less time, I returned to Fc ...
and now ... I want a new vape ... 🙂

i thought from what you said this vaporizer is awesome ... the same craze existed for tinymight and i was not disappointed ...
I was ready to buy it ... very ready ...
then i thought considering the price i could buy even better ... but a portable vape with the performance of a desktop vape is hard to find ... why not switch to a desktop vaporizer .. .? if I can use it from my sofa ...
but i want a vape with the cleanest air path possible ...
it reduces the possibilities ... I saw the Evo by vapexhale ... and then I read a comment from a user who had put his Evo in favor of the Taffé bowle ...

Apart from the urge to buy compulsively, I'm not in a hurry ... I will continue my research!

but still, this taffé bowl, with the people involved in research and development, makes you want to ...
I will probably send them an email to find out if they plan to improve the battery in the relatively near future ... a user's message and the attached response gave me some hope ...

ah ... and yesterday, seeing my two year old son open the cupboard where my reserves are stored, I thought it would soon be time to go into even more stealth mode ... the tinymight can obviously do the case...
but as one user said here, as soon as we take out a nice resinous bud to crush it ... the stealth was quickly questioned ... I could always manage, change rooms or whatever ...
but it has become obvious ... I will get a taffé bowle one day ...
between the fact that with the cup, it really goes everywhere and the preloading of 4-5 pots will allow to be ultra discreet and ultra fast ...
the usefulness of the shape of this vaporizer which left me perplexed then became really logical.

I still have a few questions ...

How do you judge the materials used and the cleanliness of the air path? the fact that there is aluminum in the rod gives me a bit of a problem ... I bought myself a grinder in SS to get away from aluminum ... and ceramic, it's safe after you ?

well ... a novel not to say much in the end ...
I hope that I will not disturb too much ... that you will have some answers for my last questions, and that you will understand the usefulness of the form when you are a parent!

good vape to all!

Top Bottom